Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 3866651 times)

Svejk

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #40140 on: September 15, 2024, 01:37:30 PM »
Hate to admit, but I wasted 30-45 minutes of my time trying to beat that stupid red dragon in Rebirth.  His Lava cascade II bullshit gets me no matter where, or how far I run to the appropriate corner.... So I dropped it to easy and killed his ass and switched back to Normal.  Zero regrets.. was straight up not having a good time. 

It did remind me of the Dynamic difficulty, and wish I had tried that out earlier , because the difficulty spikes in this seem absurd half the time.  Anywho, I'm just ready to wrap this game up.  Hopefully by next weekend so I can move on.

Other than that, Astrobot rules them all. 

Also, been getting back into a 2nd playthrough of Bloodstained: RotN.  Iga goodness.  Still wish they (Kickstarter backers) didn't opt for the cellshaded style, as it takes away from the atmosphere and vibe.  Still a ton of fun.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #40141 on: September 15, 2024, 04:24:41 PM »
Going hard on Shin Megami Tensei V : Vengeance

I think I'm in the final big explorable area, but there is still some more to come. At least a few bossfights ahead of me.
Lvl 77 now, and building up my party with impressive demons/angels is a lot of fun.

Playing on hard really hasn't been much of an issue, I'm interested to see what's still ahead.
In the game you have to find these little guys to collect a certain currency. You send them back to some other dude.
And in the last area I found this little guy, he was a bit upset

:lol
What

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #40142 on: September 17, 2024, 01:21:12 PM »
Just gotta do that final challenge in Astro Bot and I'll have my Plat.
Also been playing Visions of Mana, made it to the 2nd continent. It's pretty decent but could be a bit better. Absolutely lovely environments, and it's fun jumping around collecting grizzly honeys... but the music lacks the panache of other Mana games, combat is clunky with a slight delay between moves, and side quests are bottom-of-the-barrel type stuff so far.
^_^

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #40143 on: September 17, 2024, 11:41:56 PM »
Recent gaming:

- Persona 3 Reload + Episode Aigis

All the new QoL changes make this version the best to me, though Nyx's new voice is terrible and not cool. Episode Aigis is mid as shit, and having never played The Answer before, I can see why people shrugged that shit off back then too.

- Landstalker

Finished this as a pre-game for Dark Savior. I enjoyed it for the most part, though the later dungeons were ass and not really that fun.

Right now I'm just making a list of games to play in October, so if you want to hang out and watch some spooky gaming I'll be streaming most of it when I can. I'll probably get Zelda as well.
fat

Svejk

« Reply #40144 on: September 18, 2024, 10:51:27 AM »
Recent gaming:

- Persona 3 Reload + Episode Aigis

All the new QoL changes make this version the best to me, though Nyx's new voice is terrible and not cool. Episode Aigis is mid as shit, and having never played The Answer before, I can see why people shrugged that shit off back then too.

- Landstalker

Finished this as a pre-game for Dark Savior. I enjoyed it for the most part, though the later dungeons were ass and not really that fun.

Right now I'm just making a list of games to play in October, so if you want to hang out and watch some spooky gaming I'll be streaming most of it when I can. I'll probably get Zelda as well.
Just don't expect a grand adventure like Landstalker.  :doge Alundra was the only spiritual successor to do that.  Not even TimeStalkers or Dual Hearts did that. Climax climaxed with Alundra.