Author Topic: Random Gaming Talk Thread  (Read 3277971 times)

Svejk

Re: Random Gaming Talk Thread
« Reply #33060 on: August 18, 2023, 09:41:18 AM »
https://windowsreport.com/lenovo-legion-go-first-look/

First photos of the Nintendo Lenovo Switch.  I definitely want this for that full tablet form factor.
(Image removed from quote.)

:confused
There was zero shame for copying the switch design...

Svejk

« Reply #33061 on: August 21, 2023, 10:30:26 AM »
I need more shmups like this...

Svejk

« Reply #33062 on: August 21, 2023, 11:37:20 AM »
Konami just confirmed this morning that they ARE releasing a PS4 version of MGS Master Collection as well... No date yet on it. OMEGALOL@KONAMI. 

Svejk

« Reply #33063 on: August 22, 2023, 10:10:04 AM »
 :lawd

Svejk

« Reply #33064 on: August 22, 2023, 06:00:35 PM »
Holy shit...

Gimme this fucking game already.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33065 on: August 23, 2023, 09:22:53 AM »
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33066 on: August 23, 2023, 09:23:14 AM »
It does look amazing but Im always weary of these chinese and korean titles

What

Svejk

Bebpo

« Reply #33068 on: August 23, 2023, 12:00:27 PM »
lol

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33069 on: August 23, 2023, 12:12:47 PM »
Those cunts can fuck off

What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
What

Beezy

« Reply #33071 on: August 23, 2023, 01:27:36 PM »
Armored Core 6 is getting good reviews. :)

I hope Digital Foundry drops a comparison vid soon. I don't know which console to get it for.

Himu

« Reply #33072 on: August 23, 2023, 01:33:14 PM »
Yeah AC6 seems good
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #33073 on: August 23, 2023, 01:55:26 PM »
I mean, it sounds like AC but with the review favorable bias towards From Soft now in a post-souls From Soft are rockstars world.

Probably will be fun, but it doesn't sound like it really breaks the mold for AC. Doesn't sound like it will give me that ZoE2 experience, but should be fun enough to enjoy going through the campaign once when it's $20-30 in a year.

Himu

« Reply #33074 on: August 23, 2023, 02:41:38 PM »
Yeah true, but I've never played an AC game so I have no vested interest in the franchise. So long as it's good I may check out the rest.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33075 on: August 23, 2023, 09:21:52 PM »
I saw a review that said AC6 has good boss battles and the rest is kinda 'eh'.  I'm interested in checking it out, but I dunno about day one interested.
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #33076 on: August 24, 2023, 08:56:30 AM »
I saw a review that said AC6 has good boss battles and the rest is kinda 'eh'.  I'm interested in checking it out, but I dunno about day one interested.
Also read the story is also kinda 'eh' and just falls apart at the end. ..But I guess this is one of those games that people don't play for the story.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33077 on: August 24, 2023, 10:17:32 AM »
What

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #33078 on: August 24, 2023, 11:09:55 AM »

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33079 on: August 24, 2023, 06:45:57 PM »

Fallout tv show teaser
What

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33080 on: August 25, 2023, 08:28:00 AM »
He got Bill Clinton'd again

ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #33082 on: August 26, 2023, 12:34:21 AM »

I did not know they remastered shadow man. New textures look good and cut content from the original was finished and put back in  :o

and new game in development

Svejk

« Reply #33083 on: August 26, 2023, 11:48:27 AM »

This is amazing and also disappointing...
 :ufup Without question, by default, the first character to have been modded in for this should have been The MachoMan Randy Savage.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Or Michael Jackson
[close]

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #33084 on: August 26, 2023, 04:00:53 PM »

720p on PS5/XSX

436P on XSS  :lol

PS2 is back brehs

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33085 on: August 27, 2023, 04:00:47 PM »
Gonna make a Starfield thraed but in the meantime

https://twitter.com/InsiderGamingIG/status/1695882647120044522

Speaking with several sources under the condition of anonymity who are currently under embargo and couldn't speak publically about the game, McVicker's comment is the same sentiment given by everyone I've spoken to. Five individuals, who have a varying amount of time put in the game have all said that the amount of bugs they've experienced can be counted on one hand. In fact, most said one or two at most, with everyone I spoke to having put dozens of hours into the game. In addition, it was also said that almost all the bugs that were found have already been listed to be fixed in the Starfield Day 1 patch
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33086 on: August 27, 2023, 06:28:54 PM »
https://twitter.com/StarfieldNews/status/1696138221455831437

Yay a vid I made is getting lots of views   

:quark :quark :quark
« Last Edit: August 28, 2023, 09:09:00 AM by MMaRsu »
What

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #33087 on: August 28, 2023, 10:36:55 AM »

I'm waiting for and now it's gone jiff.
[close]

Polident Hive

« Reply #33088 on: August 29, 2023, 07:05:12 AM »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33089 on: August 29, 2023, 08:39:47 AM »

I'm waiting for and now it's gone jiff.
[close]

Nah, I'm not buying GPD products again unless something changes with their QC.  I bet that still has the worm in the Windows image, too, lol.

I am likely gonna get the Lenovo portable coming out though.
ど助平

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33090 on: August 30, 2023, 05:08:50 AM »
Even though I have the premium edition pre-ordered I wouldnt have minded if the game leaked a day early... for PC at least
What

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33091 on: August 30, 2023, 07:08:00 AM »
ど助平

Polident Hive

« Reply #33092 on: August 30, 2023, 07:59:48 AM »
Nah, I'm not buying GPD products again unless something changes with their QC.  I bet that still has the worm in the Windows image, too, lol.

They dropped a sizzle reel for the Lenovo device.

The insane button layout almost makes sense. The right joycon becomes a mouse.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33093 on: August 31, 2023, 09:20:24 AM »

They dropped a sizzle reel for the Lenovo device.

The insane button layout almost makes sense. The right joycon becomes a mouse.

Hall sticks, too, I think?  But TBH I'm more interested in this because the controllers are removable.  I'd like to use it like a tablet with my own controllers.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33094 on: August 31, 2023, 02:51:54 PM »
Starfield is getting hit with 7s and 75% scores.  PANIC!

This one's a 5/10:

https://www.pastemagazine.com/games/starfield/starfield-fails-to-launch
Like many I was able to overlook all those issues in Fallout 3, Skyrim, and Fallout 4 because of the quality of the writing and the worldbuilding. Those games had characters I cared about in compelling situations that I wanted to resolve. Starfield doesn’t have that. Starfield is thematically so similar to Mass Effect and yet so inferior to it that I just wanted to go play those games again. Its approach to exploration is so similar to No Man’s Sky and so inferior to it that it made me want to go back to 2016 and play the original version of that painfully underrated game once more. And in almost every other way it feels like Fallout 4 and Skyrim, but, you guessed it, inferior to them.

:whew
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #33095 on: August 31, 2023, 02:57:35 PM »

This one's a 5/10:

Like many I was able to overlook all those issues in Fallout 3, Skyrim, and Fallout 4 because of the quality of the writing and the worldbuilding. Those games had characters I cared about in compelling situations that I wanted to resolve. Starfield doesn’t have that. Starfield is thematically so similar to Mass Effect and yet so inferior to it that I just wanted to go play those games again. Its approach to exploration is so similar to No Man’s Sky and so inferior to it that it made me want to go back to 2016 and play the original version of that painfully underrated game once more. And in almost every other way it feels like Fallout 4 and Skyrim, but, you guessed it, inferior to them.

That's what happens when MS gets their shit stained finger involved.   :betty

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #33096 on: August 31, 2023, 04:38:02 PM »
At least Microsoft Studios won the UN Award for being the most Sustainable Videogame Studio. :neogaf

Only one region still developing good non-woke complete video games
:uguu :japancry :japancry :japancry :japancry :japancry
🤴

Himu

« Reply #33097 on: August 31, 2023, 04:58:01 PM »
Holy fuck MS :dead
IYKYK

Polident Hive

« Reply #33098 on: September 01, 2023, 03:02:24 AM »

It has the same resolution as my 27” monitor lol. Technically higher as it’s 16:10.

It’s an interesting looking device. Doesn’t seem great as a handheld but utility and features make it more than a Windows Steam Deck. At least for my uses, it would. I could see leaving the controllers at home and using it as a mini laptop from time to time.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2023, 04:29:25 AM by Polident Hive »

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33099 on: September 01, 2023, 12:59:23 PM »

This one's a 5/10:

???

IGN US gave God Hand a 3 as well so yeaaa

And the guy who reviewed Starfield gave Watch Dogs Legion an 8. Lmao
What

Bebpo

« Reply #33100 on: September 01, 2023, 04:13:40 PM »
I'm sure Bethesda fans will enjoy it and it's good for a Bethesda game. Nothing against them.

But let's not pretend that the western/mainstream review sights haven't been slobbering over Bethesda releases for decades. I mean most people thought Fallout 4 sucked at launch, right? Yet it still had an 88 MC...

Himu

« Reply #33101 on: September 01, 2023, 05:22:42 PM »
It's incredible seeing the old guard go down like this. Volition, bioware, and more. Now look at them. Even Bethesda isn't immune. Imagine if GTAVI sucks.

Western gaming is having a chickens come to roost moment and replacements (Larian is the new Bioware) keep popping up every day.
IYKYK

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #33102 on: September 01, 2023, 05:55:46 PM »
When Microsoft bought Bethesda I argued it more or less 'saved' them from sinking because they weren't going anywhere fast.

Fallout76 was a dud, Wolfenstein: Youngblood sucked, RAGE 2 was a misfire, Arkane was bleeding talent and already doing asset flip sequels(Dishonored: Death of the Outsider), Mikami wasn't exactly living up to Resident Evil 4 fame and Starfield was in development hell (it even leaked). Without Microsoft they would've probably been forced to ship Starfield earlier leading into some kind of Cyberpunk 2077 situation.

By 2019 or so Bethesda was already running on Skyrim fumes. It has just been obscured by the Microsoft merger.
🤴

Bebpo

« Reply #33103 on: September 01, 2023, 09:45:08 PM »
I also want to add that I have zero skin in this. I literally know nothing about Starfield other than it's a Bethesda game where you go to different planets like Mass Effect/No Man's Sky.

I'm sure it's a good game. I don't ever want to play Skyrim but I have friends who played the shit out of that game and enjoyed it, so I'm sure it's a good game even if I'll probably never touch it. Just saying review scores don't mean much with Bethesda because they're put on a pedestal. So can't really tell if it's ok/good/amazing because it'll still score the same regardless.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #33104 on: September 02, 2023, 05:37:01 AM »
Starfield looks like they took the design from Fallout 4 and made it better. And since it's a new IP, I don't get angry at it defiling an old IP.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33105 on: September 02, 2023, 02:39:01 PM »

This one's a 5/10:

???

You're going super fanboy on this one.  You never go super fanboy.  :doge
ど助平

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33106 on: September 03, 2023, 10:05:26 AM »

This one's a 5/10:

???

The game is amazing and doesnt deserve any of the dumb hate like : ugh loading screens (every bgs game has loading screens), game is woke bcs pronouns, game is ugly, blablabla.

Getting sick of it because people have worked hard on this project for 8 years and dumb fanboys are ready to tear it down cause its not on their prefered plastic box.

Dan Stapleton giving Mass Effect Andromeda a 7.7 but Starfield a 7 is hilarious.

How much of a fanboy do you have to be to hold up such a negative opinion of a game that does almost everything twice as well as ME:Andromeda?

Not saying the game is perfect or has no bugs but game is better than the sum of its parts
What

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33107 on: September 03, 2023, 10:41:05 AM »

This one's a 5/10:

???

The game is amazing and doesnt deserve any of the dumb hate like : ugh loading screens (every bgs game has loading screens), game is woke bcs pronouns, game is ugly, blablabla.

Getting sick of it because people have worked hard on this project for 8 years and dumb fanboys are ready to tear it down cause its not on their prefered plastic box.

Dan Stapleton giving Mass Effect Andromeda a 7.7 but Starfield a 7 is hilarious.

How much of a fanboy do you have to be to hold up such a negative opinion of a game that does almost everything twice as well as ME:Andromeda?

Not saying the game is perfect or has no bugs but game is better than the sum of its parts

Weren't you shitting on Saints Row 2022 without having played it?  :doge

Sure, that game deserves to be shit on, but it's the principle of the the whole thing.

Also-

ど助平

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33108 on: September 03, 2023, 12:14:42 PM »
I just find it demoralising for the industry and especially for the people who worked hard on it for 8 years of their lives, trying to bring their best to a game we get to play.
What

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33109 on: September 03, 2023, 12:41:38 PM »
I just find it demoralising for the industry and especially for the people who worked hard on it for 8 years of their lives, trying to bring their best to a game we get to play.

And how do you think the people at Volition felt?

:dead
ど助平

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Last Edit: September 03, 2023, 02:53:57 PM by Nintex »
🤴

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33111 on: September 03, 2023, 05:33:56 PM »
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33112 on: September 03, 2023, 05:34:58 PM »

And how do you think the people at Volition felt?

:dead

Sucks for them, but I hope they saw the writing on the wall when they were making a game that literally nobody wanted.

Fans tried warning Volition but they didn't want to listen.

Not saying it's a better situation but the criticism against Saints Row are earned.
What

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33113 on: September 04, 2023, 12:26:34 AM »
D3RANG3D, got another "Aaaaand it's gone for you."

Dunno if I posted about it here, but about a month ago, I picked up the Anbernic RG405M.  It's another in the endless line of handheld emulation devices that feel like they come out every other week.  This one is really high quality with an excellent all-metal build, hall sticks, and a nice 4:3 aspect screen that covers nearly the entire face of the unit.  It's Android-based and had some issues at release, but a custom OS was released (Gamma OS) that fixes pretty much all the problems and even makes the display look better.  I had been wanting to get a better-performing emulation device and decided to get this to use it on an upcoming trip.  It was really impressive, but the 4:3 screen didn't work as well for some platforms (GBA, PSP) and Android games I tried were kinda squished. 

Yesterday was the last day I was able to return it.  It also just so happened that Amazon had Retroid Pocket 3 Metal editions in stock.  I took that as a sign and bought one of the last ones they had left, then returned the 405M.  The two handhelds are pretty similar in that they both have the same internals, but the RP3+ has a 16:9 screen and better shoulder buttons.  The metal version also has hall sticks.  Definitely glad I picked this up- it feels just as premium, but the screen is way better and the d-pad is also a lot better. It also has HDMI-out which I'd like to try. Gotta get all the emulators up and running first.  I messed with some Android games and they looked really nice on it.
ど助平

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #33114 on: September 04, 2023, 12:13:30 PM »

Dunno if I posted about it here, but about a month ago, I picked up the Anbernic RG405M.  It's another in the endless line of handheld emulation devices that feel like they come out every other week.  This one is really high quality with an excellent all-metal build, hall sticks, and a nice 4:3 aspect screen that covers nearly the entire face of the unit.  It's Android-based and had some issues at release, but a custom OS was released (Gamma OS) that fixes pretty much all the problems and even makes the display look better.  I had been wanting to get a better-performing emulation device and decided to get this to use it on an upcoming trip.  It was really impressive, but the 4:3 screen didn't work as well for some platforms (GBA, PSP) and Android games I tried were kinda squished. 

Yesterday was the last day I was able to return it.  It also just so happened that Amazon had Retroid Pocket 3 Metal editions in stock.  I took that as a sign and bought one of the last ones they had left, then returned the 405M.  The two handhelds are pretty similar in that they both have the same internals, but the RP3+ has a 16:9 screen and better shoulder buttons.  The metal version also has hall sticks.  Definitely glad I picked this up- it feels just as premium, but the screen is way better and the d-pad is also a lot better. It also has HDMI-out which I'd like to try. Gotta get all the emulators up and running first.  I messed with some Android games and they looked really nice on it.

:rejoice

« Last Edit: September 04, 2023, 01:49:41 PM by D3RANG3D »

Polident Hive

« Reply #33115 on: September 05, 2023, 01:43:33 AM »

Retroid 3+ seems like an all around winner. Waiting a bit to see if a 3S or 4 will be the same, only with start/select on the front face.

I’ll add, the Retroid 2S seemed great on paper. But the side by sides, the screen is too small compounded by huge borders. Even compared to a 4:3 with borders on a 3+, effectively a 3.8” screen, makes a visible difference. Would be nice if one of these had 16:10. It’s really nice on the Steam Deck.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2023, 05:14:02 AM by Polident Hive »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33116 on: September 05, 2023, 02:24:48 PM »

Retroid 3+ seems like an all around winner. Waiting a bit to see if a 3S or 4 will be the same, only with start/select on the front face.

I’ll add, the Retroid 2S seemed great on paper. But the side by sides, the screen is too small compounded by huge borders. Even compared to a 4:3 with borders on a 3+, effectively a 3.8” screen, makes a visible difference. Would be nice if one of these had 16:10. It’s really nice on the Steam Deck.

If you want a 4:3 screen handheld, definitely check out the RG405M.  With Gamma OS, it's really awesome and pretty much all the flaws it has stock are fixed with it.  I do think that Retroid handhelds have better d-pads though.  I also have the 2+ but didn't really use it much.  It felt kind of slow and clunky compared to the 3+ and the right stick being a slide pad kinda sucked.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33117 on: September 06, 2023, 12:46:09 PM »

GPD at it again :gaas
ど助平

Coax

« Reply #33118 on: September 07, 2023, 04:07:08 AM »
Hands. Curious little browser-playable platformer/puzzle game with decent music.

Himu

« Reply #33119 on: September 07, 2023, 06:36:16 AM »
GRAN FLEUR!!!!!!
IYKYK