Author Topic: Random Gaming Talk Thread  (Read 3277976 times)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
Re: Random Gaming Talk Thread
« Reply #33300 on: October 24, 2023, 07:29:20 AM »
https://twitter.com/heytred/status/1716478266364559498

not so long ago on a flight, the attendant was asking me what I do for a living. I told her & after a few minutes she said, “You should add a Filipino character to the game!”

I said nothing but smiled from ear to ear

representation in games matters

Why does it matter if you put in a hero from a different country?

Like should I be proud of my country just because I was born there? I don't understand nationalism anyway.
So if Apex put a Dutch hero in there, I should cum in my pants and exclaim them saviors of gaming?
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #33301 on: October 24, 2023, 05:48:46 PM »
Found a new home for my left over RTX 2070 Super. One of my friends took it off my hands. After 4 years it has retained about 1/3 of its value which is not bad at all.

Sure enough after mutilating the case a bit to fit this bad boy, we boot up some games.
His 1660 Ti was 'ok' but a 2070 Super is a different league. Sure enough everything runs like... shit.... on 1080p.
Stutters like hell, unstable framerates, low framerates the works. If you did a spell in Hogwarts Legacy it would kill itself.

So I asked him: Does it run better?
"Yeah, uuhh I think so"

But something wasn't right, because surely I had to dial back some things from Ultra to high lately, but the 2070 Super is still a quite capable card in most games.
So I checked the install location of some games as loading took FOREVER and lo and behold, installed on the HDD not the SSD. Moved some games over, ok, they load a bit faster but still choppy af.
He wasn't sure what CPU he had, so I figured, maybe a bottleneck there? Installed CPU-Z and noticed that he had a Ryzen 2600x but only 8GB of RAM but wait there is two RAM DIMMS. Open up the case again, RAM not properly connected.
And of course, time for Nintex' secret, XMP profiles. Because few people know you have to enable those in the BIOS. All their expensive RAM running at what, 800mhz? Now with XMP we have 16GB of very fast RAM(it was seriously great RAM), just what the Ryzen craves.

Ok, let's try again. Hogwarts Legacy starts building shaders, good! Hogwarts Legacy runs at 25 - 30fps on Ultra. Introduce my friend to the magic of DLSS to boost that to 45fps - 60fps in the most busy areas. He had never seen the game run at higher than 20fps on low.
:dice

He was so happy he could finally play his Harry Potter game :rejoice

I wonder though reading about all the performance issues in games... how many people have ok parts but assembled them wrong.  :doge
On my rig Cyberpunk 2077 runs fantastic now but I'm also seeing folks complain they're getting only 20fps without Ray Tracing with hardware that's in the same ballpark.
🤴

Svejk

« Reply #33302 on: October 25, 2023, 02:20:28 PM »

This is looking pretty good so far. Totally down.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2023, 02:37:40 PM by Svejk »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33303 on: October 25, 2023, 03:29:25 PM »

:nope
ど助平

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #33304 on: October 25, 2023, 03:38:32 PM »

This is looking pretty good so far. Totally down.

idk theres something about it that looks a bit off to me, but I can't really put my finger on it.

koozer 8 looks wild tho, they even have their own animal crossing knock off in it :lawd
(ice)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33306 on: October 25, 2023, 03:44:52 PM »
WHAT IS THIS TWEET DOES NOT EXIST BULLSHIT
What

Svejk

« Reply #33307 on: October 25, 2023, 05:04:00 PM »
I paid for it cuz I want them to do a Vol. 2 to release MGS4 from PS3 purgatory.  I haven't played any of these since the original releases, so any little bit extra added is fine with me.. Play them on a PS as they've always meant to be played.  :salute

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33308 on: October 25, 2023, 05:41:37 PM »
You spend your money however you want son

Just saying its probably better to play it on PC, emulated, not through this horrid collection
What

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #33309 on: October 26, 2023, 09:37:54 AM »
WHAT IS THIS TWEET DOES NOT EXIST BULLSHIT

:elon
©@©™

Svejk

« Reply #33310 on: October 26, 2023, 11:23:18 AM »
You spend your money however you want son

Just saying its probably better to play it on PC, emulated, not through this horrid collection

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #33311 on: October 26, 2023, 01:34:10 PM »
https://www.theverge.com/2023/10/26/23933049/microsoft-reorg-xbox-marketing-ai-leadership-changes

Xbox leadership shake up. Matt Booty will oversee all studios and content as President of Studios and Content, including Bethesda following Hines departure and Activision too when Kotick leaves next year I assume.
Sarah Bond will be President of Xbox leading the hardware and services side. Phil Spencer will remain as CEO of Microsoft Gaming.
🤴

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #33312 on: October 27, 2023, 08:45:18 PM »

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #33313 on: October 28, 2023, 02:29:30 PM »

Svejk

« Reply #33314 on: October 30, 2023, 04:53:20 PM »

:ohhh

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33315 on: October 31, 2023, 01:25:50 PM »
Lenovo Legion Go came in- I got the 1TB model from Best Buy, but I plan to switch to a larger SSD after making sure everything is in good working order (and since I'm using a 2230 SSD with an adapter to fit in, to wait for other people to try this first and make sure it doesn't screw something up :P).

This worked right out of the box- no issues with setup unlike with the first Asus Ally that I got.  That's a plus.  Setup was faster as well- installed Windows updates, rebooted, then the Legion app stuff installed and it updated the firmware.  It's kinda similar to Asus' Armory Crate SE, but noticeably snappier- there is always a slight delay with Armory Crate that is not found here.

This thing is HUGE.  Even the box it comes in is HUGE for what it is- and very similar to what you see when you open the Steam Deck box.  The included case also reminds of the Steam Deck, and that's a good thing.  It seems really nice and well-made.

This feels more comfortable to hold and the triggers are better than the Ally's.  Not sure about the d-pad but not really concerned since I'll be using my own controllers for fighting games and stuff anyway.  There is one touch panel on the right side that functions as the mouse when the controllers are connected.  It has a lot of haptic feedback, too. 

It's nice having a kickstand, but I feel like they fucked up a bit here with the second USB-C port- it's on the bottom of the unit and if the kickstand is being used, anything connected will make it lopsided.  Hopefully a right-angle adapter will be a good workaround.

Apparently the speakers are also worse than the SD and Ally, but with all the day one updates, maybe something got improved?  Dunno yet.  Gotta test!
ど助平

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #33316 on: October 31, 2023, 02:12:02 PM »

:wut

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #33317 on: October 31, 2023, 06:57:02 PM »

This looks pretty awesome.
🤴

Svejk

« Reply #33318 on: November 01, 2023, 12:00:56 AM »

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33319 on: November 01, 2023, 07:30:17 AM »
What

Svejk

« Reply #33320 on: November 02, 2023, 12:17:03 AM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #33321 on: November 02, 2023, 02:03:13 AM »
super sonic and friends  :thinking

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #33322 on: November 02, 2023, 10:26:33 AM »
super sonic and friends  :thinking

Tim Apple is the only one buying new Sonic games these days.  :heh

©@©™

Polident Hive

« Reply #33323 on: November 03, 2023, 06:31:15 AM »
Lenovo Legion Go came in- I got the 1TB model from Best Buy, but I plan to switch to a larger SSD after making sure everything is in good working order (and since I'm using a 2230 SSD with an adapter to fit in, to wait for other people to try this first and make sure it doesn't screw something up :P).

This worked right out of the box- no issues with setup unlike with the first Asus Ally that I got.  That's a plus.  Setup was faster as well- installed Windows updates, rebooted, then the Legion app stuff installed and it updated the firmware.  It's kinda similar to Asus' Armory Crate SE, but noticeably snappier- there is always a slight delay with Armory Crate that is not found here.

This thing is HUGE.  Even the box it comes in is HUGE for what it is- and very similar to what you see when you open the Steam Deck box.  The included case also reminds of the Steam Deck, and that's a good thing.  It seems really nice and well-made.

This feels more comfortable to hold and the triggers are better than the Ally's.  Not sure about the d-pad but not really concerned since I'll be using my own controllers for fighting games and stuff anyway.  There is one touch panel on the right side that functions as the mouse when the controllers are connected.  It has a lot of haptic feedback, too. 

It's nice having a kickstand, but I feel like they fucked up a bit here with the second USB-C port- it's on the bottom of the unit and if the kickstand is being used, anything connected will make it lopsided.  Hopefully a right-angle adapter will be a good workaround.

Apparently the speakers are also worse than the SD and Ally, but with all the day one updates, maybe something got improved?  Dunno yet.  Gotta test!

Interested to hear more. Early benchmarks and such paint it as faster than the Ally? Thought they used the same chips. Think the only criticisms I saw vs the Ally is the portrait vs native landscape screen. I had some issues with it on my GPD Win 1. Really, because it could only run games from the pre 360 generations. Easy to fix with a program forcing dx8 games into borderless full screen.

The bottom USB C port seems intended for a dock. Why Lenovo doesn’t have one ready to go is strange. I’m sure some third party will jump on it.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33324 on: November 03, 2023, 02:29:15 PM »
Interested to hear more. Early benchmarks and such paint it as faster than the Ally? Thought they used the same chips.

It does have faster RAM.  I've seen some benchmarks where it beat out the Ally but then others where the Go was better, but in both cases this was by like 2-3 FPS.  That said, when I ran the CoD Modern Warfare 2 benchmark, I got higher results.  The highest I recall on the Ally was 120 FPS, but on here I've seen it go as high as 140 FPS.  The averages are still about the same though.

On the subject of CoD, I ran into a fun issue today after updating the AMD drivers to the latest version, or rather "latest" version that Lenovo put out, which is a month behind.  The game prompted that newer drivers were needed and would crash if I tried to play it.  Fortunately, there is a fairly easy way to sideload newer AMD drivers to get around this:

This is the kind of thing where Lenovo really needs to get their shit together.

Think the only criticisms I saw vs the Ally is the portrait vs native landscape screen. I had some issues with it on my GPD Win 1. Really, because it could only run games from the pre 360 generations. Easy to fix with a program forcing dx8 games into borderless full screen.

The Phawx put put a video on the Go today and he goes over this- it's definitely an issue for much older games.

The bottom USB C port seems intended for a dock. Why Lenovo doesn’t have one ready to go is strange. I’m sure some third party will jump on it.

I can always prop it up on a tablet stand and there are super-flat USB-C cables available that I might try.  It's a small bummer.

Here's how I feel about it right now.  Some of this I already posted before and above.  It's copy/pasted, sorry!

Pros:
-Much better controls.  They feel better, the triggers are much better, the buttons are better, and it has hall effect sticks.
-Detachable controllers- Hey, it's the Switch Turbo!  But the FPS mode it offers is cool and you get a mouse to use on top of that.
-Performance seems to be a bit better than the Ally- I got as high as 140 FPS in the CoD benchmark using FSR.
-Touchpad- there's just one, but it's nice for navigation.  I also like the scroll wheel on the back of the right controller.
-Awesome screen.  It's larger, is 144hz, and looks nice.  It doesn't have VRR like the Ally, but it really doesn't matter.
-Kickstand.  I wish every handheld had this.  It's nice not needing to bring a stand.
-Second USB-C port.  Has already come in extremely handy and made cloning the SSD to the larger one a snap.  But there is also a con to this.
-Snappier UI.  It comes right up and has no lag unlike Asus' Armory Crate.
-No bloatware.  I appreciate this.  Nothing to uninstall apart from some Microsoft's stuff like Office.
-Included case.  It's also good quality!  They took a cue from Valve here for sure.
-There don't appear to be any restrictions on chargers, unlike with the Ally.  I was able to use an Ally AC adapter and still get 30W.  Haven't tried to see what happens with a dock/hub yet.

Cons:
-The d-pad is not bad, but it's more "flat" and I prefer the Ally and Steam Deck's d-pads to this.  Doesn't bother me since if I'm playing a fighting game, I'm gonna use other controllers anyway.
-While the UI is snappier, it takes longer to load up when you turn the Go on.  It also has this annoying intro movie that plays.  Maybe there's a way to turn it off?
-No battery charge limit options.  This is dumb and hopefully will get added.
-No options to change VRAM.  You can do this in the BIOS, though.
-The size is both a pro and a con.  It's noticeably heavier than other handhelds.
-The speakers are definitely not as good as the SD and Ally.  Not bad, but noticeably quieter.  There are supposedly some ways to boost it.
-AMD drivers.  They don't have the most updated ones available so some games may not work.  You can sideload newer drivers to get around this for now.
ど助平

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33325 on: November 03, 2023, 08:08:44 PM »
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33326 on: November 03, 2023, 08:22:52 PM »
Brehs this looks amazing

https://twitter.com/XboxGamePass/status/1720119905410802075

Also on gamepass
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33327 on: November 04, 2023, 07:22:34 AM »
Delusional MGS fans thinking tweeting about it will help Konami do anything about the collection ports

https://twitter.com/MGSMGN/status/1720490400736276673
https://twitter.com/MGSMGN/status/1717591452803637451

:lol :lol :lol

I actually feel sad for them. What gives them the idea that Konami would give a literal shit?
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #33329 on: November 04, 2023, 12:25:25 PM »
Tweet error (does not exist)

Reality was shifting. Tweets vanished into the darkness.
The words of the writer could no longer reach anyone

We couldn't see them, but we knew they were there
As if a thick sticky liquid had glued our eyes shut

The blinded men repeated the same phrase over and over again

The darkness had consumed everything
But they kept screaming into the void

Praying that some day soon the same action would lead to a different result
🤴

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #33330 on: November 04, 2023, 01:09:33 PM »

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #33331 on: November 04, 2023, 08:45:38 PM »

Polident Hive

« Reply #33332 on: November 05, 2023, 05:54:42 AM »
It does have faster RAM.  I've seen some benchmarks where it beat out the Ally but then others where the Go was better, but in both cases this was by like 2-3 FPS.  That said, when I ran the CoD Modern Warfare 2 benchmark, I got higher results.  The highest I recall on the Ally was 120 FPS, but on here I've seen it go as high as 140 FPS.  The averages are still about the same though.

On the subject of CoD, I ran into a fun issue today after updating the AMD drivers to the latest version, or rather "latest" version that Lenovo put out, which is a month behind.  The game prompted that newer drivers were needed and would crash if I tried to play it.  Fortunately, there is a fairly easy way to sideload newer AMD drivers to get around this:

This is the kind of thing where Lenovo really needs to get their shit together.

The Phawx put put a video on the Go today and he goes over this- it's definitely an issue for much older games

I can always prop it up on a tablet stand and there are super-flat USB-C cables available that I might try.  It's a small bummer.

Here's how I feel about it right now.  Some of this I already posted before and above.  It's copy/pasted, sorry!

Pros:
-Much better controls.  They feel better, the triggers are much better, the buttons are better, and it has hall effect sticks.
-Detachable controllers- Hey, it's the Switch Turbo!  But the FPS mode it offers is cool and you get a mouse to use on top of that.
-Performance seems to be a bit better than the Ally- I got as high as 140 FPS in the CoD benchmark using FSR.
-Touchpad- there's just one, but it's nice for navigation.  I also like the scroll wheel on the back of the right controller.
-Awesome screen.  It's larger, is 144hz, and looks nice.  It doesn't have VRR like the Ally, but it really doesn't matter.
-Kickstand.  I wish every handheld had this.  It's nice not needing to bring a stand.
-Second USB-C port.  Has already come in extremely handy and made cloning the SSD to the larger one a snap.  But there is also a con to this.
-Snappier UI.  It comes right up and has no lag unlike Asus' Armory Crate.
-No bloatware.  I appreciate this.  Nothing to uninstall apart from some Microsoft's stuff like Office.
-Included case.  It's also good quality!  They took a cue from Valve here for sure.
-There don't appear to be any restrictions on chargers, unlike with the Ally.  I was able to use an Ally AC adapter and still get 30W.  Haven't tried to see what happens with a dock/hub yet.

Cons:
-The d-pad is not bad, but it's more "flat" and I prefer the Ally and Steam Deck's d-pads to this.  Doesn't bother me since if I'm playing a fighting game, I'm gonna use other controllers anyway.
-While the UI is snappier, it takes longer to load up when you turn the Go on.  It also has this annoying intro movie that plays.  Maybe there's a way to turn it off?
-No battery charge limit options.  This is dumb and hopefully will get added.
-No options to change VRAM.  You can do this in the BIOS, though.
-The size is both a pro and a con.  It's noticeably heavier than other handhelds.
-The speakers are definitely not as good as the SD and Ally.  Not bad, but noticeably quieter.  There are supposedly some ways to boost it.
-AMD drivers.  They don't have the most updated ones available so some games may not work.  You can sideload newer drivers to get around this for now.

From watching a number of impressions videos on YouTube, the weirdest decision has to be placement of start and select. With how much they’re borrowing from the Switch and Deck, why place them on the bottom left. Best I can figure it’s to keep access when using it in mouse mode. But by that same logic, it makes the interface button inaccessible in that mode. In theory it could be an easy fix if they don’t care about button labels.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #33333 on: November 06, 2023, 04:47:22 PM »
We're getting ever closer to the perfect PC gaming set-up.

Today I wanted to play some Alan Wake 2 but I can't get help but feel that it looks a bit too washed out in HDR compared to what I'm used to from my LG OLED TV and I remember the same from a few other games, especially at night time.
In theory this Samsung Odyssey G7 (while not an OLED) should have good enough blacks. And by now I have all the hardware it needs to work properly with HDR.

After going through all the settings and Windows calibrations, I noticed something weird. Windows says the screen is 1499 Nits, while its actually ~600 nits. So knowing a thing or two about HDR, I wondered what if Windows is mapping to 1499 nits instead of 600 nits. On that scale things would quickly look too bright.

I googled this issue and found out that it does indeed mess up HDR content. So I had to download some sort of tool to fix the monitor profile in Windows.
A few clicks later and Windows accurately lists 660(!) nits. Looks like I got very lucky with the panel lottery as some of these don't even make it up to 500 nits and the average seems to be about 604 nits.

I've only been able to briefly test it in Alan Wake 2 so far but I like the picture better already. The blacks are no longer crushed.
🤴

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33334 on: November 06, 2023, 05:36:02 PM »
We're getting ever closer to the perfect PC gaming set-up.

Today I wanted to play some Alan Wake 2 but I can't get help but feel that it looks a bit too washed out in HDR compared to what I'm used to from my LG OLED TV and I remember the same from a few other games, especially at night time.
In theory this Samsung Odyssey G7 (while not an OLED) should have good enough blacks. And by now I have all the hardware it needs to work properly with HDR.

After going through all the settings and Windows calibrations, I noticed something weird. Windows says the screen is 1499 Nits, while its actually ~600 nits. So knowing a thing or two about HDR, I wondered what if Windows is mapping to 1499 nits instead of 600 nits. On that scale things would quickly look too bright.

I googled this issue and found out that it does indeed mess up HDR content. So I had to download some sort of tool to fix the monitor profile in Windows.
A few clicks later and Windows accurately lists 660(!) nits. Looks like I got very lucky with the panel lottery as some of these don't even make it up to 500 nits and the average seems to be about 604 nits.

I've only been able to briefly test it in Alan Wake 2 so far but I like the picture better already. The blacks are no longer crushed.

Which tool did you download to fix it and what did u do?

I ran a test and it also says 1499 nits for me lol

win10 here
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33336 on: November 07, 2023, 04:24:29 PM »
Hmm that seems like a lot of trouble, im on Win10 too so not sure if its even something I can fix

also have a lgcx
What

Raist

« Reply #33337 on: November 08, 2023, 02:32:12 PM »
https://insider-gaming.com/microsoft-and-epic-games-named-in-lawsuit-for-causing-video-game-addiction/

“We never imagined when our son started playing video games that he would become so addicted that his education would severely suffer, he would lose all interest in spending time with his friends, and his physical and mental health would be at risk,” said Casey Dunn, the mother who filed the lawsuit on behalf of her child.

“These video game companies have targeted and taken advantage of kids, prioritizing their profit over all else. As a mom, I knew I had to do something to ensure they don’t get away with destroying the wellbeing and futures of our children.

How about doing some parenting you dipshit  :lol

Svejk

« Reply #33338 on: November 09, 2023, 09:41:42 AM »
So with GTAVI being officially revealed next month, I can't help but feel a smidge of hype too.  Having not touched a GTA since Vice City, this one is catching my interest some due to the tech they're supposedly touting in this game (AI, water physics, being able to enter practically every building, etc.), AND being severely burned by Schmaits Row, I was considering giving either GTA 4 or 5 a whirl.  Of course, the last thing I need is yet, another open world game, but if the price is right, I may give one of the two a try. 

So that being said, which one is the better GTA? 4 or 5?

Or save me some time by comparing those two to RDR2... if you think RDR2 is better than both, that will help make the decision easier. lol

Raist

« Reply #33339 on: November 09, 2023, 12:20:08 PM »
GTAIV (and I assume V, haven't played it but from what I've seen/read it went in the same direction as IV) are IMO big downgrades since the PS2 era. Too much random side shit, the mission structure is super restrictive, etc. :yeshrug

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #33340 on: November 09, 2023, 02:51:52 PM »

Polident Hive

« Reply #33341 on: November 10, 2023, 01:20:20 AM »
In no rush to upgrade but those changes are welcomed. The bezels on the original are very apparent when you use any other device.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33342 on: November 12, 2023, 02:45:31 PM »
In no rush to upgrade but those changes are welcomed. The bezels on the original are very apparent when you use any other device.

It's a nice spec bump, but the Ally and Go still destroy it from a performance standpoint.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33343 on: November 12, 2023, 02:45:35 PM »
ど助平

Polident Hive

« Reply #33344 on: November 13, 2023, 03:32:36 AM »

It's a nice spec bump, but the Ally and Go still destroy it from a performance standpoint.

Think it’s interesting how Valve says a legit Deck 2 is years away, with some subtext that there may be other designs of this Deck 1 chip in the interim. Say, a Deck Mini or a Deck TV. I’m waiting on an updated Steam controller.

Either way, I’m happy with my current Steam Deck and if I were buying another device, it’d be the Go. As it is 90% of my playtime is emulation and the areas where Ally/Go make a significant difference are PS3 and Xbox 360. Going off benchmarks it looks like they can handle anything the emulators can. RPCS3 is very hit or miss on the Deck. But Ridge Racer 7 and After Burner Climax play perfectly fine, so it has that.

And fan noise, apparently. Deck can loud. All the impressions of both the Ally and Go say they’re significantly quieter.

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #33345 on: November 13, 2023, 03:35:18 AM »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33346 on: November 13, 2023, 06:15:38 PM »

Another Mishima kid?
:dead
ど助平

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33347 on: November 13, 2023, 06:29:56 PM »

Another Mishima kid?

Yeah not down for this bland ass Tekken 8 really

Man fighting games are a letdown these days. SF6 is perfection but I dont really like the roster there either :/

Also I was never actually any good in SF so thats not my fav fighting game at all.
What

Svejk

« Reply #33348 on: November 14, 2023, 05:07:49 PM »
Flashback 2 comes out November 16th.    :gladbron
Gonna keep an eye on this.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33349 on: November 15, 2023, 11:10:22 AM »

Another Mishima kid?

The beta was pretty awesome- your loss!
:idont

Man fighting games are a letdown these days. SF6 is perfection but I dont really like the roster there either :/

They are arguably better than ever right now in terms of features and online play.  Still having a blast with SF6.

Also I was never actually any good in SF so thats not my fav fighting game at all.

So...practice and improve instead of whining about it? 
:bolo
ど助平

Raist

« Reply #33350 on: November 15, 2023, 03:16:46 PM »

Excuse me but there's already a Flashback 2, it's just called Fade to Black.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33351 on: November 15, 2023, 05:06:27 PM »

Another Mishima kid?

The beta was pretty awesome- your loss!
:idont

They are arguably better than ever right now in terms of features and online play.  Still having a blast with SF6.

So...practice and improve instead of whining about it? 
:bolo

Im decent enough I dont really play it enough to bother really
What

Svejk

« Reply #33352 on: November 15, 2023, 05:33:56 PM »

Excuse me but there's already a Flashback 2, it's just called Fade to Black.
Always wanted to get around to playing that, but never did :lol ....  Same with Heart of the Alien. 

Tried the demo for the Flashback Remake back then, but the cutscenes/dialogue was so questionably bad, I skipped it.  This better not be the same.

Coax

« Reply #33353 on: November 16, 2023, 04:20:28 AM »
I chuckled at the 'give Karl a gun' accessibility option that one-shots everything

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #33354 on: November 16, 2023, 03:22:28 PM »

Svejk

« Reply #33355 on: November 16, 2023, 05:16:18 PM »

Welp, from what a few people have mentioned after playing through, it's a buggy, stuttery mess with long load times, etc..  Story is just ok supposedly (not that I was expecting anything to blow the mind), but they say it just isn't bringing it like the OG did and just play the original instead. lol ...Or play The Ascent.. which I've always had an eye on too.
Oh well, guess I'll wait for a massive discount or freebie.
Reviews are still supposedly coming tomorrow, so we'll see how deep/shallow the shitshow goes.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #33356 on: November 16, 2023, 05:59:04 PM »
They already made Flashback 2

fat

Svejk

« Reply #33357 on: November 16, 2023, 06:30:05 PM »
They already made Flashback 2

(Image removed from quote.)
Always wanted to play it simply because of Flashback, but now IIRC, I told myself back then that it's the Alundra 2 of Flashback, so I essentially steered away from it.  Some games just needed to stay 2D.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #33358 on: November 16, 2023, 09:03:04 PM »
Always wanted to play it simply because of Flashback, but now IIRC, I told myself back then that it's the Alundra 2 of Flashback, so I essentially steered away from it.  Some games just needed to stay 2D.

Fade To Black was made by the same creator and developer. It is canon, Fade To Black is real, play it bitch
fat

Svejk

« Reply #33359 on: November 17, 2023, 11:25:20 AM »
So likely Dragon's Dogma 2, FFRebirth and Elden Ring DLC all coming within like a 30-60 day period in 2024.  2023 is about to hold 2024's beer.