- Can search for values over 999
- Can search for stats on Legendaries

1.0.4 really IS the patch of love
yar

archie4208

Re: Cohen (RIP) will buy Diablo III (PC) on May 15
« Reply #2162 on: August 20, 2012, 12:33:13 PM »
Why did I ever doubt Blizzard?  :bow2

Now they just need randomized end game content (re: steal Path of Exile's map system) and everything will be hunky dory.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #2163 on: August 20, 2012, 12:44:29 PM »
fapping so hard right now, Diablo 3 returned to Game of the Millennium-tier status. :bow2 :bow2 :bow2
©@©™

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #2164 on: August 20, 2012, 12:48:08 PM »
zomg it's gonna take me sooooo long to hit Paragon 100 and I dooooooon't care

*masturbates furiously*
yar

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #2165 on: August 20, 2012, 01:53:18 PM »
sounds tasty to me  :o

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2166 on: August 20, 2012, 01:56:48 PM »
I gotta be honest- it sounds like a lot of thought and work went into 1.0.4.  Everything I've heard so far has been impressive, and it leaves me optimistic that down the road we'll get even more good stuff in 1.1.0 and beyond.  I agree with archie that they should just steal PoE's random map system for end game content.  Shit would be dope.  That, better crafting and customization and maybe being able to look up wizard offhands by damage (I *think* they didn't confirm that in 1.0.4, not sure) are my last real wish list items.
yar

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #2167 on: August 20, 2012, 02:01:09 PM »
So whens this bitch gonna drop?
©ZH

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2168 on: August 20, 2012, 02:06:25 PM »
Odds are a week from tomorrow morning.
yar

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #2169 on: August 20, 2012, 02:28:03 PM »
Oh cool, the same day Madden drops. :piss

Are you guys planning on starting a new character or continuing with your lvl 60's?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 02:29:57 PM by Zero Hero »
©ZH

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2170 on: August 20, 2012, 03:04:06 PM »
Most of the changes that I'm interested in are inferno related so I'll just be continuing with my wizard; I've got regular gear, mf gear and gf gear for him, so I plan on probably doing a bunch of Act 1 inferno mf grinding with him; that way I'm hopefully finding the better gear that will be dropping while simultaneously grinding paragon levels.  I also have a lv 60 barb and a DH in late nightmare that I think is around 42 or so?
yar

etiolate

« Reply #2171 on: August 20, 2012, 03:47:01 PM »
 :lol don't get mad at me because jay fucked up

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2172 on: August 20, 2012, 04:04:02 PM »
Yup, I'm sticking with my main (although I'll certainly level up my alt eventually). I'll restart Act I inferno instead of just heading for The Butcher runs; seems like the best way to determine how effective the changes are

this fall is gonna be busy, gaming wise  :-\

ManaByte

• I must hurry back to my comic book store, where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them.
Cohen (RIP) will buy Diablo III (PC) on May 15
« Reply #2173 on: August 20, 2012, 07:44:06 PM »
CBG

ManaByte

• I must hurry back to my comic book store, where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them.
Cohen (RIP) will buy Diablo III (PC) on May 15
« Reply #2174 on: August 20, 2012, 07:46:03 PM »
I want a Razer wireless for D3. Would get the D3 version but a WoW one is coming out.
CBG

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2175 on: August 20, 2012, 08:06:11 PM »
I should probably get a razer. I love mah ball mouse but it's time to face reality  :lol

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2176 on: August 20, 2012, 10:31:03 PM »
Muahahaha, gold will be able to be priced as low as $.25 per million after 1.0.4
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2177 on: August 20, 2012, 11:45:41 PM »
GET TO REINSTALLING, BITCHES.  1.0.4 GOES LIVE TOMORROW

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6368188147

FUCK IT, WE'LL DO IT LIVE WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant

Full patch notes at link, too

fuuuuuuuuuuuck i'm not going to be able to play until 3 am wednesday morning, have school and then work at night  FUCK THIS GAY EARTH
yar

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2178 on: August 20, 2012, 11:51:19 PM »
zoooooooooooooooomg
dog

ManaByte

« Reply #2179 on: August 20, 2012, 11:52:15 PM »
Bend over GW2.
CBG

ManaByte

« Reply #2180 on: August 20, 2012, 11:53:44 PM »
Just logged in and got my MoP banner stuff already.
CBG

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2181 on: August 20, 2012, 11:56:42 PM »
The patch is fucking MASSIVE.  Can't wait to gain some paragon levels bitchesssssss
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2182 on: August 20, 2012, 11:58:52 PM »
Kripp is such a humble guy

yar

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #2183 on: August 21, 2012, 12:14:07 AM »
only Kripp could have thought of the brilliant idea of an alternative level-based progression system at cap
乱学者

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2184 on: August 21, 2012, 12:46:04 AM »
Kripp  :lol :bow

I'd love to be a fly on the wall in Blizz HQ during lunch when someone says "hey watch this video, Kripp said he created Paragon levels yo"

I'll install after work tomorrow. Also the WoW stuff starts tomorrow, nice. Damn, GW2 who :violin

etiolate

« Reply #2185 on: August 21, 2012, 01:14:35 AM »
Come groveling back! I don't want to hear you guys bitch about Nintendo fanboys again.

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #2186 on: August 21, 2012, 01:38:40 AM »
what
AMC

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2187 on: August 21, 2012, 01:40:43 AM »
Come groveling back! I don't want to hear you guys bitch about Nintendo fanboys again.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2188 on: August 21, 2012, 01:42:10 AM »

u mad

enjoy your jank ass combat and pretty chat interface
yar

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2189 on: August 21, 2012, 01:43:29 AM »
Nintendo just releases the same shit over and over. At least Blizzard has pretty much said "hey we fucked up. We're trying to fix things, so here's some cool stuff we've come up with."

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2190 on: August 21, 2012, 01:45:15 AM »
I don't know why etoilet is trolling for GW2 support amongst D3 fans, that's kind of like a Smash fanatic trying to convince a SF4 junkie to give his quaint turd of a game a spin.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
SEE WHAT I DID THAR
[close]
yar

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2191 on: August 21, 2012, 01:49:13 AM »
I can understand trolling WoW with GW2, but Diablo 3? At least WoW deserves to get dissed

etiolate

« Reply #2192 on: August 21, 2012, 01:55:18 AM »
I haven't brought up GW2 here. The game has nothing to do with D3 or the negative PR.

That should hint you guys in on how you're being silly.

I don't really believe people would be as forgiving if it wasn't Blizzard on the box. If this follows WoW's footsteps, these are just bandages to a real problem. I am not sure how well Paragon levels work without more variation in the gameplay. (More randomized dungeons, more ways to play a character.)

Trolling me just makes you look more fanboyish.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2193 on: August 21, 2012, 02:01:37 AM »
I don't think anyone is saying this completely fixes the game. There are still big problems, at least to me, with stuff like customization and lacking difficulty design. But having uninstalled the game nearly two months ago, this patch is finally a reason to give it another shot and I'm excited to try these new additions out.

The last what, 3 pages were full of people complaining about the game; I see no fanboyism here; yea Triumph has probably attempted to stick his dick through the D3 disk hole, but he's been quite level headed and hurled fair criticism as well.

I think the GW2 issue has to do with you seeming to act like you're a representative for a perfect game that transcends all things, and that everything else is flawed so you must convert the masses. But...GW2 is not perfect and has blatant problems so yea...and yes, I will be buying it
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 02:03:37 AM by Phoenix Dark »

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #2194 on: August 21, 2012, 02:09:30 AM »
I hope this patch fixes something with Mac because my partner has been unable to play this game for a while now. Game runs at sub-10 frames on his machine, and it's not even an old unit.
fat

etiolate

« Reply #2195 on: August 21, 2012, 02:26:11 AM »
I don't think anyone is saying this completely fixes the game. There are still big problems, at least to me, with stuff like customization and lacking difficulty design. But having uninstalled the game nearly two months ago, this patch is finally a reason to give it another shot and I'm excited to try these new additions out.

The last what, 3 pages were full of people complaining about the game; I see no fanboyism here; yea Triumph has probably attempted to stick his dick through the D3 disk hole, but he's been quite level headed and hurled fair criticism as well.

I think the GW2 issue has to do with you seeming to act like you're a representative for a perfect game that transcends all things, and that everything else is flawed so you must convert the masses. But...GW2 is not perfect and has blatant problems so yea...and yes, I will be buying it

I don't see how I act like that at all. I've just played the game and played enough to know that it's top quality. So I recommend it. It's pretty clear that others haven't played the game. Just respond to my words. It's not that hard.

The honest truth is that the forum has always had a pretty fucked up idea of who I am and never gotten over it.  I know part of the reason for this, but I imagine people would get past it by now.

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #2196 on: August 21, 2012, 02:30:46 AM »
I just didn't see what making fun of Nintendo fanboys had to do with wanting to play a huge free update to a game I've played for 75 hours or so and others have played 2-5x more.
AMC

Himu

« Reply #2197 on: August 21, 2012, 02:32:35 AM »
How is the latest patch?
IYKYK

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #2198 on: August 21, 2012, 02:34:14 AM »
uh... what are you talking about himuro
fat

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2199 on: August 21, 2012, 02:34:35 AM »
How is the latest patch?

Goes live tomorrow at 4 pm eastern, I'll let you know :P
yar

Himu

« Reply #2200 on: August 21, 2012, 02:36:30 AM »
wait, holy shit at the paragon stuff.
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2201 on: August 21, 2012, 03:12:24 AM »

I don't see how I act like that at all. I've just played the game and played enough to know that it's top quality. So I recommend it. It's pretty clear that others haven't played the game. Just respond to my words. It's not that hard.

The honest truth is that the forum has always had a pretty fucked up idea of who I am and never gotten over it.  I know part of the reason for this, but I imagine people would get past it by now.

Yea but you don't seem to play D3, but pop in every now and then to laugh at Blizzard/players while chastising them for releasing the same old stuff; the unspoken connotation always strikes me as "Blizz sucks, GW2 is innovating so boom!" Maybe I misread it completely but that's the impression I've constantly gotten...

I don't want to sound like I'm defending Blizzard in general because yea, I do have problems with all three of their major games despite spending hundreds of hours with them. But I just find your position on this to be questionable bro. You know I got love for you (pause) but this seems like borderline trolling because you don't really play the game
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 03:17:32 AM by Phoenix Dark »

etiolate

« Reply #2202 on: August 21, 2012, 03:24:28 AM »
I just posted a news item that's relevant to the game and gotten a lot of attention. The responses were "WAHTEVEAHS GW2 SUX" so I mean come on. It wasn't a lol @ blizz. I know there are employees here, so I imagine this drama is "coming their way".

I post in this thread because of my interest in the game. I've thrown more criticism at GW2 than I have D3. On the other hand, I've thrown more praise at GW2. That the perception is having a total boner for one game while trolling the other makes me question what's going on in people's heads.

Anyways, this discussion has nothing to do with the game.

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #2203 on: August 21, 2012, 03:32:04 AM »
You're a good man Etiolate, smart post on GAF, but I had the same gut feeling as PD.

ManaByte

« Reply #2204 on: August 21, 2012, 08:08:23 AM »
etiolate's GW2 shit is as annoying as methodis' Sony shit.

How much is Arena Net paying you? Free $60 expansions and cash shop shit for life?
CBG

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2205 on: August 21, 2012, 03:26:37 PM »

someone on gaf just got this. omg what does that mean  :o :lol

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #2206 on: August 21, 2012, 03:46:22 PM »
Sever the head or destroy the brain.
©@©™

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2207 on: August 21, 2012, 04:04:59 PM »
Played some with Treesong and a barb friend.  The class improvements seem legit- I can finally NOT use Venom Hydra and go with an all arcane damage spec and the passive that slows stuff when hit by arcane.  Increased drop rate is also a real thing- Treesong at one point remarked he might stop picking up blues.  Not me, I salvage/sell them bitches.  The 61+62 items I got seemed "betterish" but not outstanding; no one got a legendary yet.  It's weird but gratifying to be earning experience again.
yar

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #2208 on: August 21, 2012, 04:11:59 PM »
I finally used dogs/gargantuan on my pet WD again - gargantuan didn't die once, and dogs only went down at SK. Even then, just 1 of the 3 got completely killed! So excited to be able to pet-it-up once more.

PD, that's a play on the famous D2 affix "Slain enemies rest in peace." meaning they cannot be resurrected by shamans etc.
乱学者

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2209 on: August 21, 2012, 04:49:38 PM »
Ah I see, cool

three more hours of work. Thank you based god

Brehvolution

« Reply #2210 on: August 21, 2012, 04:56:01 PM »
Patched up and got my first ever legendary item in the first 15 minutes of playing. It's a level 10 head piece. I was using my lvl 16 monk. Weird thing is that it doesn't show up in my profile.  ??? It's showing up now.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/zerohero375-1439/hero/25041658

So far :bow 1.0.4 :bow2
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 06:11:35 PM by Zero Hero »
©ZH

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #2211 on: August 21, 2012, 05:23:36 PM »
Im installing again :rock

Dunno if I should make a new char or get my WD to 60...

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #2212 on: August 21, 2012, 06:15:21 PM »
Downloaded, booted up:

Patch only available in US so far, you can only connect to the US server until other regions get it.

:lol :lol :lol

Brehvolution

« Reply #2213 on: August 21, 2012, 11:58:51 PM »
I got 2 more legendary items. I'd try a new toon you guys. you could be a better 60 then where you are now though you'd have to start from scratch.  :-\
©ZH

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #2214 on: August 22, 2012, 02:14:20 AM »
Screw Fallout NV, gona play some o dis tonight.

I got 2 more legendary items. I'd try a new toon you guys. you could be a better 60 then where you are now though you'd have to start from scratch.  :-\

??? Cannot comprehend...

Are you trying to say you'll end up with a better LVL 60 char if you start again from the beginning? Any items you get on the grind up, legendary or not, are going to be worthless by late hell/inferno bar a few legendary items like String of Ears.

◕‿◕

Himu

« Reply #2215 on: August 22, 2012, 02:22:50 AM »
brb getting my d3 dvd
IYKYK

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2216 on: August 22, 2012, 03:17:55 AM »
Ohhhhhhh yeah guess who just got off work and is gonna cat ass some paragon levels

thiiiiiiissss guy
yar

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2217 on: August 22, 2012, 05:05:13 AM »
Hm, anyone else have an issue where you randomly lose NV stacks? I lost about 4 during my first dabble with the patch; they'd just disappear out of the blue.

Also I've noticed there seem to be fewer elites/champions, at least in Act I so far

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2218 on: August 22, 2012, 06:16:07 AM »
I didn't notice any fewer elites for the most part.  There were certainly plenty in Whimsyshire, which I tried to farm with my MF gear on... yeah, not happening.  I went back and successfully cleared it with my normal gear; difference in dps is about 22k and several hundred in resists. :P

The only really noticeable difference I've seen in loot is that 2 handers are definitely better than before; stats are way better and dps is up generally speaking.  There's MORE drops for sure, but generally speaking in Act 1 they're about what I was getting before quality wise.  The stuff I got in Whimsyshire, even though I no longer had my MF gear on was DEFINITELY better stat wise, which makes me want to try farming Acts 2 and 3 without MF gear on.

Overall I really like the patch; Paragon Levels are awesome and will definitely keep me playing.  The buffs to skills is definitely noticeable; I really enjoyed my Arcane/Temporal Flux spec.  Playing with PD was nice, because Arcane Hydra really shines when it can get a bunch of enemies clumped together to hit with it's mini orbs; Barbs with ground stomp definitely help with that.  Can't wait to see what new builds become viable as people tinker with stuff.

My only real complaint continues to be the loot... but then again, now that champs/elites (and the Whimsyshire champs/elites are Act 3&4 caliber) have less health, no enrage timers AND repair costs have been reduced again I'm pretty sure I can power through Act 3 at least with my wizard as currently geared- 46k dps/4.9k armor/resists in the 630-730 range.  I think the loot will be better there even without a baseline of 230 MF from my mf gear set... of course, grinding paragon levels is gonna help with that too in the meantime.  I still feel like loot is TOO random, and almost wish the guaranteed Legendary drop after every 500 elites turned out to be true, but the game is SO MUCH better than it was it's not even funny.  If Blizzard has gotten this much right from where they were as far as Inferno goes, I'm positive that a year from now this game is gonna be the shit and we'll all be beating off over the expansion that's about to come out.

Also, here's my wizard in his "ass kicking gear" as it were:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Triumph-1211/hero/196258

Crit damage is over 200% :P
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 06:18:41 AM by Creepy Old Guy »
yar

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #2219 on: August 22, 2012, 08:21:31 AM »
Gotta buy Diablo 3 now that it's fixed :rock

Diablo 3 got an iPad release?
©@©™