Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5887077 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: U.S. Politics Discussion Thread |OT| Okay friend let me explain something...
« Reply #11700 on: December 07, 2017, 02:12:31 AM »
I don't know that, and certainly don't consider this being entirely nothing to be impossible.

I mean, can you even propose to me what the crimes committed here are supposed to be?

Feels like something we should be able to workshop around and get a ballpark idea with some general supporting evidence at this point.

Instead, the primary argument seems to be: "wait for Mueller to reveal it with his secret investigating powers because it's wedged in there so deep by the brilliant Trump that the world's most qualified human being to ever exist couldn't figure it out, let alone an entire Administration with all the powers of foreign and domestic intelligence gathering plus their media hounds nor large chunks of the Republican Party (or they all have sat on their hands for two and a half years rather than telling anyone)" and anyone who questions why there isn't even any puffs of smoke doesn't believe that fire can ever exist!!!

We had endless proof of actual crimes by the Bush Administration. Is this going to turn out to be a bloodbath of criminal prosecutions like those cases?

Mandark

• Icon
Re: U.S. Politics Discussion Thread |OT| Okay friend let me explain something...
« Reply #11701 on: December 07, 2017, 02:42:54 AM »
It took over a year for that Trump Tower meeting to come to light, right?

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #11702 on: December 07, 2017, 03:04:23 AM »
Either nothing worthwhile can be proven, or it can, but not against anybody that really matters at this point. Trump isn't going down and nobody that votes republican really cares either way. They'll still vote for their team, none of this shit even matters.  :stop

benjipwns

« Reply #11703 on: December 07, 2017, 03:06:59 AM »
Yeah, three months after Kushner reported it to the government, the NYT found out. And it was much ado about nothing except that Trump Jr. couldn't stop lying about it to the media.

An idiot son's useless 20 minute meeting is something that's way easier to go unnoticed than an extensive international criminal conspiracy.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #11704 on: December 07, 2017, 03:14:45 AM »
If he was constantly lying about it, why are we accepting his amended version of events now?

benjipwns

« Reply #11705 on: December 07, 2017, 03:21:56 AM »
I mean, look, I'd obviously love a clusterfuck of rolling criminal prosecutions tearing any administration apart. The longer the better.

I just can't see the case here, at all. And I guess I'm just pushing back a bit because everyone has been waiting for the EVENT that wipes out the whole Trump phenomenon for two whole years now. And literally everything is getting played up as ANOTHER PIECE OF THE PUZZLE or BOOM! THE EMPIRE CRUMBLES.

I don't think these people, especially the Twitter Champion, are competent or smart enough to pull literally anything complex off, let alone some kind of elaborate mastermind plan with all kinds of foreign agents that they hide for two whole years without a peep. And that's just from looking at their success rate in the past which is built on seemingly unrealistic amounts of luck. This whole premise is hooked back to some kind of nebulous and illegal collusion between the campaign and Russia that demonstrably altered the election process that nobody in the global media has snagged, the Clinton campaign never got wind of, the Obama Administration either ignored or never spotted, etc. It seems way too far fetched and has so many moving parts as to be literally unbelievable.

« Reply #11706 on: December 07, 2017, 03:23:19 AM »
Yeah, three months after Kushner reported it to the government, the NYT found out. And it was much ado about nothing except that Trump Jr. couldn't stop lying about it to the media.

An idiot son's useless 20 minute meeting is something that's way easier to go unnoticed than an extensive international criminal conspiracy.

I mean...look at what's going on with the Panama papers. If something needs to stay hidden it will.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #11707 on: December 07, 2017, 03:24:28 AM »
If he was constantly lying about it, why are we accepting his amended version of events now?

« Reply #11708 on: December 07, 2017, 03:26:08 AM »
I mean, look, I'd obviously love a clusterfuck of rolling criminal prosecutions tearing any administration apart. The longer the better.

I just can't see the case here, at all. And I guess I'm just pushing back a bit because everyone has been waiting for the EVENT that wipes out the whole Trump phenomenon for two whole years now. And literally everything is getting played up as ANOTHER PIECE OF THE PUZZLE or BOOM! THE EMPIRE CRUMBLES.

I don't think these people, especially the Twitter Champion, are competent or smart enough to pull literally anything complex off, let alone some kind of elaborate mastermind plan with all kinds of foreign agents that they hide for two whole years without a peep. And that's just from looking at their success rate in the past which is built on seemingly unrealistic amounts of luck. This whole premise is hooked back to some kind of nebulous and illegal collusion between the campaign and Russia that demonstrably altered the election process that nobody in the global media has snagged, the Clinton campaign never got wind of, the Obama Administration either ignored or never spotted, etc. It seems way too far fetched and has so many moving parts as to be literally unbelievable.

I mean Trump has been taking Russian money for decades now.

It's actually less likely there isn't something there at this point. I get what you're saying but if all this is nothing...why do they keep lying? Why do they keep getting caught with Russians and why does a man like Mueller who isn't prone to needless Trey Gowdy expeditions still on the case?

Do you seriously think 16 prolific lawyers who were making multi-million dollars took this case on for nothing?

benjipwns

« Reply #11709 on: December 07, 2017, 03:29:22 AM »
Who says we are? He's just finally gotten his story straight with Kusher and Manafort when they testified to the House and Senate, and everyone else present has supported Kushner's evaluation that it was a waste of time, so unless we find reason to think there's some kind of bombshell revelation that finally lays the whole plot out hiding in those 20 minutes that Mueller is going to squeeze out of people who weren't present I'm not sure where else this Trump Tower meeting is supposed to lead in the investigation other than where it led in the media's investigation, a dead end supporting the claim of all the attending parties that it was Trump Jr. playing big shot spymaster.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #11710 on: December 07, 2017, 03:32:39 AM »

« Reply #11711 on: December 07, 2017, 03:36:01 AM »
Who says we are? He's just finally gotten his story straight with Kusher and Manafort when they testified to the House and Senate, and everyone else present has supported Kushner's evaluation that it was a waste of time, so unless we find reason to think there's some kind of bombshell revelation that finally lays the whole plot out hiding in those 20 minutes that Mueller is going to squeeze out of people who weren't present I'm not sure where else this Trump Tower meeting is supposed to lead in the investigation other than where it led in the media's investigation, a dead end supporting the claim of all the attending parties that it was Trump Jr. playing big shot spymaster.

Why did they all lie?

Why do we have conflicting stories?

Why was there talk of "adoptions".

benjipwns

« Reply #11712 on: December 07, 2017, 03:40:09 AM »
I mean...look at what's going on with the Panama papers. If something needs to stay hidden it will.
Those just named names, they didn't expose things that weren't already known.

It's actually less likely there isn't something there at this point. I get what you're saying but if all this is nothing...why do they keep lying? Why do they keep getting caught with Russians and why does a man like Mueller who isn't prone to needless Trey Gowdy expeditions still on the case?

Do you seriously think 16 prolific lawyers who were making multi-million dollars took this case on for nothing?
Maybe they, like you, assume it's literally impossible for there not to be a major scale Administration destroying crime here that will make them more than rich but gods. We already know some of them took it on because they were deluded partisans.

Again, I'd just like to know what crimes Trump has supposedly engaged in that the Obama Administration refused to ever investigate him for. Or to fit with the original mandate of the special counsel, what the illegal collusion between the Trump campaign and Russian government is supposed to look like. I don't know why it's so hard to even hypothetically come up with some plausible ones even if they don't fit any of the facts available.

It's better than the endless frenzy that we're finally going to see Barry Soetoro's real foreign birth certificate this time certainly.

benjipwns

« Reply #11713 on: December 07, 2017, 03:45:24 AM »
I am, cause you are.
I'm not accepting anything Trump Jr. says as definitive. But I am wondering now what should I instead assume the meeting was about other than what everyone aside from Trump Jr. said to the House and Senate, and that Trump Jr. now also said to the House and Senate?

Or is this one of those I should just assume SOMETHING IS THERE BECAUSE THERE HAS TO BE! THERE MUST BE! HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH NOT HAVING DONE ANYTHING ILLEGAL!

Yeah, they're all liars and absence of evidence is not evidence of absence but if I want to start constructing this opposite case that hellfire is about to rain down on the Trump family name for the rest of eternity not to mention (and more importantly in my view) destroy another criminal administration, I kinda want something more than the bupkis being treated like it's just short of a signed confession.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 03:58:23 AM by benjipwns »

« Reply #11714 on: December 07, 2017, 03:45:32 AM »
Those just named names, they didn't expose things that weren't already known.

Maybe they, like you, assume it's literally impossible for there not to be a major scale Administration destroying crime here that will make them more than rich but gods. We already know some of them took it on because they were deluded partisans.

Again, I'd just like to know what crimes Trump has supposedly engaged in that the Obama Administration refused to ever investigate him for. Or to fit with the original mandate of the special counsel, what the illegal collusion between the Trump campaign and Russian government is supposed to look like. I don't know why it's so hard to even hypothetically come up with some plausible ones even if they don't fit any of the facts available.

It's better than the endless frenzy that we're finally going to see Barry Soetoro's real foreign birth certificate this time certainly.
:doge

benjipwns

« Reply #11715 on: December 07, 2017, 03:49:24 AM »
That kind of attitude is going to get you reassigned to human resources.

« Reply #11716 on: December 07, 2017, 03:57:11 AM »
That kind of attitude is going to get you reassigned to human resources.

You fool, in capitalism that's were the power is!  :bolo

benjipwns

« Reply #11717 on: December 07, 2017, 04:00:19 AM »
More proof that the L's you all took from etiolate on gamergate were well deserved if you think the social studies warriors in AntiFa haven't already seized all the power in human resources for their nefarious ends.

benjipwns

« Reply #11718 on: December 07, 2017, 04:17:30 AM »
if he lifts sanctions why do they need to launder the money through cyprus?

maybe i really do need to rethink this, i keep thinking the crime has to be smart in some manner, maybe Mueller won't find it because it's too stupid

like Flynn's completely stupid crimes, and Donald Jr.'s entire life

benjipwns

« Reply #11719 on: December 07, 2017, 04:18:56 AM »
wait...orrin hatch

crap, i'm compromised

when he was running for president my mom nearly (not really) killed him because he and his aides were jogging at night wearing dark clothes

kingv

« Reply #11720 on: December 07, 2017, 08:13:40 AM »

maybe i really do need to rethink this, i keep thinking the crime has to be smart in some manner, maybe Mueller won't find it because it's too stupid

like Flynn's completely stupid crimes, and Donald Jr.'s entire life

So there was a time (including today) where they didn’t have sanctions. I would not be surprised to find out at that Trump was laundering money for the Russians.

He might have plausible deniability to a point, but it probably would fall apart once you look into it enough. There’s a few questionable real estate transactions in his past. Like his mansion he sold for above market value to a Russian oligarch who never actually visited or stepped foot on the property before or after the sale.

Also, when did the bore turn into the_donald? Benji is basically brucespringsteen/toilet of denying here.

“Flynn doesn’t know anything and Mueller offered him a deal because.... reasons”

The crimes are already right in front of our faces. Seeking assistance from the Russian government and helping them cover it up is already a violation of the FEC. Facilitating hacking of a Presidental Candidate is a crime (which we have enough public information to suspect if not prove outright). Obstruction of Justice is a crime.

A reasonable person can figure out that they Trump absolutely committed obstruction of justice and probably at least facilitated Russian Government trying to meddle in the campaign or was happy to accept their help, illegally, even if nothing came of it.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 08:22:15 AM by kingv »

agrajag

« Reply #11721 on: December 07, 2017, 09:53:35 AM »
How are you privy to what Don Jr. said in a closed door session, Benji? The only thing we know he did is he refused to answer what he and his dad talked about in regards to his meeting with Russians, citing a bogus lawyer/client confidentiality.

agrajag

« Reply #11722 on: December 07, 2017, 10:40:51 AM »

don't you remember Rachel Maddow's elaborate conspiracy that Donald Trump accepted wired funds from Russian oligarchs connected to Putin to lift Russian sanctions and help them launder money through Cyprus... that somehow also involved Orrin Hatch? It was like Glenn Beck's Open Societies chalkboard.

You mean Wilbur Ross, and yes it involved him because he was the fucking vice chair of the Bank of Cyprus.

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #11723 on: December 07, 2017, 11:09:06 AM »
https://www.advocate.com/politics/2017/12/05/sarah-sanders-trump-ok-businesses-hanging-antigay-signs

"The lawyer for the solicitor general's office for the administration said today in the Supreme Court if it would be legal, possible for a baker to put a sign in his window saying we don't bake cakes for gay weddings," The New York Times's Michael Shear asked. "Does the president agree that that would be ok?"

"The president certainly supports religious liberty and that's something he talked about during the campaign and has upheld since taking office," Sanders replied.

When pressed on whether that included support for signs that deny service to gay people, Sanders responded: "I believe that would include that."

great

really great
rub

agrajag

« Reply #11724 on: December 07, 2017, 11:19:36 AM »
Can I post a sign that denies service to fat people? Gluttony is a sin.

You lose, Sanders!  :bolo

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #11725 on: December 07, 2017, 11:41:42 AM »
The closest thing to Trump/Russia collusion existing is the RNC platform change about Ukraine. If Trump can show he had nothing to do with that, he's probably in the clear with regards to that. Obstruction of justice has a better chance at bringing down his Admin.

https://twitter.com/bradheath/status/938138113171443712

The officer turned out to be a pedophile too.
https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2015/12/cop-who-wanted-to-take-pic-of-erection-in-sexting-case-commits-suicide/

He even has the 'just fuck my shit up' haircut.

Nola

« Reply #11726 on: December 07, 2017, 01:56:41 PM »
https://www.advocate.com/politics/2017/12/05/sarah-sanders-trump-ok-businesses-hanging-antigay-signs

"The lawyer for the solicitor general's office for the administration said today in the Supreme Court if it would be legal, possible for a baker to put a sign in his window saying we don't bake cakes for gay weddings," The New York Times's Michael Shear asked. "Does the president agree that that would be ok?"

"The president certainly supports religious liberty and that's something he talked about during the campaign and has upheld since taking office," Sanders replied.

When pressed on whether that included support for signs that deny service to gay people, Sanders responded: "I believe that would include that."

great

really great

No lesser pre-existence spirits or the cursed of Cain allowed.

- Signed LDS business owner.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
©ZH

« Reply #11728 on: December 07, 2017, 02:07:01 PM »
Yes, the reason democrats suck is because they focus too much on black issues.

I guess that's why the AA vote in the south turned out for Bernie  :doge

Nola

« Reply #11729 on: December 07, 2017, 02:43:17 PM »
https://www.theroot.com/a-racist-flyer-might-cost-doug-jones-the-election-becau-1821065764

:cac

Came here to post that. Well not that article, but the flyer:

https://twitter.com/Eugene_Scott/status/938453850557698049

Comes off like when a room of tone deaf and unfunny white people think the only thing that will motivate black people is memes and racism.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #11730 on: December 07, 2017, 02:53:49 PM »
We need a higher-quality pic of that mailer so we can turn it into an emote.
©@©™

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #11731 on: December 07, 2017, 02:59:51 PM »
We need a higher-quality pic of that mailer so we can turn it into an emote.

https://twitter.com/Mo___Jackson/status/938834472593756160

This is the best I could find.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #11732 on: December 07, 2017, 03:05:58 PM »
https://twitter.com/ajjaffe/status/938637601174679552

On the flip side, here is moore's flyer.

:dead
©ZH

« Reply #11733 on: December 07, 2017, 03:51:45 PM »

« Reply #11734 on: December 07, 2017, 03:52:56 PM »

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #11735 on: December 07, 2017, 03:54:53 PM »
This is insanity.
rub

Pwnz

« Reply #11736 on: December 07, 2017, 03:56:57 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

God damn. Very effective ads an honestly not distorting the truth.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #11737 on: December 07, 2017, 03:57:05 PM »
Think if a black man showed up on a flyer
anyone would try to make him an emote?

tfw you see amir0x at the mall food court :foodcourt
©@©™

« Reply #11738 on: December 07, 2017, 03:59:07 PM »

tfw you see amir0x at the mall food court :foodcourt

Do you think he's a republican now?

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #11740 on: December 07, 2017, 05:05:31 PM »
The fact that Benji won't doxx anyone in the Trump administration while wantonly doing it to poor Ted Dansons and RE posters of the world tells me everything I need to know about his character.

He posted the name of Donald Trump Jr.'s sister once on an open forum. Disgusting.
©@©™

benjipwns

« Reply #11741 on: December 07, 2017, 05:16:04 PM »
How are you privy to what Don Jr. said in a closed door session, Benji? The only thing we know he did is he refused to answer what he and his dad talked about in regards to his meeting with Russians, citing a bogus lawyer/client confidentiality.
He and the other participants all have talked about it at this point? Manafort, Kushner, the random Russians, others present.

I mean, sure maybe they're pulling the greatest con in the history of the planet on the Democrats in Congress and the media and the Obama Administration and the most qualified human to exist in Hillary Clinton but I doubt their abilities.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/12/07/politics/previously-undisclosed-emails-after-trump-tower-meeting/index.html

No collusion Benji says.

Ha I say.
Continues to refuse to read and understand benji's actual statements, meanwhile declares dude sending e-mails as proof of the international crime of the century:
An email from Goldstone to senior Trump aide Dan Scavino, now the White House director of social media, reveals a previously undisclosed topic that was discussed at the meeting. It encourages Scavino to get candidate Trump to create a page on the Russian social networking site VK

One source says Goldstone pitched the idea to Scavino as a way to connect with the many Russian-Americans who use the site. Another source said Goldstone presented it as a "cute marketing idea" and was passing along the idea for an acquaintance at the Russian social media site. That source also said Goldstone mentioned the idea at the end of the Trump Tower meeting, as everyone was leaving, though Goldstone continued to push this proposal in emails in the weeks following.

A source familiar with the matter says Goldstone did not talk about the meeting with Trump Jr. after they left Trump Tower. Trump Jr. has said he did not follow up on the meeting.

A CNN search of VK pages could not find any indication that such a page was ever set up.

In one email dated June 14, 2016, Goldstone forwarded a CNN story on Russia's hacking of DNC emails to his client, Russian pop star Emin Agalarov, and Ike Kaveladze, a Russian who attended the meeting along with Trump Jr., Trump's son-in-law Jared Kushner and Manafort
:putin

Also, when did the bore turn into the_donald? Benji is basically brucespringsteen/toilet of denying here.
I can see now this is just going to descend into more deliberate misrepresenting what I've actually said versus what Trump truthers want me to have said, delusional nonsense posts about "proven crimes" based on the posters fever dreams, silly "gotcha" focused nitpicking and as expected but still worst of all smearing me (and somehow by proxy The Bore in general) as a Trump supporter. So I take my leave of your filth and exit.

Let me know when you all want to learn how to be a better person. Singular, collectively one better person.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11742 on: December 07, 2017, 06:45:54 PM »
Fox News was going hard on the whole "KEY FBI AGENT INVOLVED WITH HILLARY INVESTIGATION AND RUSSIA INVESTIGATION WAS ANTI-TRUMP, THE ENTIRE ORGANIZATION IS CLEARLY TAINTED AND CAN'T BE TRUSTED" angle today, as expected.
dog

agrajag

« Reply #11743 on: December 07, 2017, 06:47:52 PM »
This is grown ass adult shit Benji, you coward.

« Reply #11744 on: December 07, 2017, 09:52:39 PM »

Continues to refuse to read and understand benji's actual statements, meanwhile declares dude sending e-mails as proof of the international crime of the century:

I get them.

I just think they're funny.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #11745 on: December 07, 2017, 09:57:35 PM »

:dead

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #11746 on: December 07, 2017, 10:16:20 PM »
Fox News was going hard on the whole "KEY FBI AGENT INVOLVED WITH HILLARY INVESTIGATION AND RUSSIA INVESTIGATION WAS ANTI-TRUMP, THE ENTIRE ORGANIZATION IS CLEARLY TAINTED AND CAN'T BE TRUSTED" angle today, as expected.

Clearly it is time to set up a private intelligence militia arm only responding to the President to counter this nefarious bureaucracy.
ὕβρις

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #11747 on: December 07, 2017, 11:50:26 PM »

http://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/tax-haven-reputation-plagues-eu-bailout-of-cyprus-a-877369.html

For a capitalist flunkey I'm always amazed at how little you know about actually being a capitalist.

benjipwns

« Reply #11748 on: December 08, 2017, 12:04:50 AM »
Why would Putin order his flunkies in the White House to do that then?

Also your article is debunked totally by a link I see at the bottom:
Related SPIEGEL ONLINE links

Interview with Cypriot Finance Minister: 'Cyprus Is No Tax Haven'

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #11749 on: December 08, 2017, 12:21:30 AM »
That Jerusalem move by Trump is shaping as well as you'd expect.

THE BEST NEGOTIATOR
THE BEST DEALS
ὕβρις

agrajag

« Reply #11750 on: December 08, 2017, 12:23:17 AM »
Anyone saw the speech where his dentures fell out?

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #11751 on: December 08, 2017, 12:45:56 AM »
You mean where his dementia flared up?

#25thAmendment
#resist
#MaddowMonologue

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #11752 on: December 08, 2017, 02:32:29 AM »
You mean where his dementia flared up?

#25thAmendment
#resist
#MaddowMonologue
Might've been a stroke. :doge
Hi

agrajag

« Reply #11753 on: December 08, 2017, 02:44:21 AM »
YOU DECIDE!

benjipwns

« Reply #11754 on: December 08, 2017, 03:41:33 AM »
Wow, how about instead of being anti-American, we get some love for our President and country up in here:

kingv

« Reply #11755 on: December 08, 2017, 09:41:16 AM »
http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/08/politics/email-effort-give-trump-campaign-wikileaks-documents/index.html

Seems like collusion  with wikileaks, a foreign group, and a violation of fec law.

Brehvolution

« Reply #11756 on: December 08, 2017, 09:53:32 AM »
There is no collusion
If there was collusion, it wasn't illegal
There was collusion, but no wrong doing
If the president does it, it's not illegal

Coming soon:
It's only illegal from a partisan perspective
Technically it was illegal, but we don't give a shit. Come at me bro
Squirrel!
©ZH

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #11757 on: December 08, 2017, 10:38:17 AM »
http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/08/politics/email-effort-give-trump-campaign-wikileaks-documents/index.html

Seems like collusion  with wikileaks, a foreign group, and a violation of fec law.

I'm sure etoilet can explain this, he's always right and we're always wrong, so, you know.
yar

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #11758 on: December 08, 2017, 10:47:39 AM »
Wow, how about instead of being anti-American, we get some love for our President and country up in here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CWCEXsTYo

I like that the shirt looks like it's got pacific islands being bombed at first glance.

kingv

« Reply #11759 on: December 08, 2017, 11:49:18 AM »
I'm convinced Ray Moore is a psy-op to see how outrageous a candidate can get and still be electable.

The trump experiment failed to find the line. We need to go farther!