Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5887084 times)

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
Re: U.S. Politics Discussion Thread |OT| Okay friend let me explain something...
« Reply #11880 on: December 13, 2017, 12:23:14 AM »
Reading 4chan....

What the fuck is wrong with people
püp

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
Re: U.S. Politics Discussion Thread |OT| Okay friend let me explain something...
« Reply #11881 on: December 13, 2017, 12:30:20 AM »
On NPR this morning they were asking Alabamans that were going to vote for Roy Moore how they could justify it. And one guy said that he was an evangelical christian, and he believed in a literal translation of the bible and therefore he had to vote against abortion because it was against the bible. As someone who minored in religion and knows what's in the bible I do wonder where this literal translation of the bible = abortion bad comes from. I mean I can point out a few times where the bible would say a miscarriage or forcing a miscarriage is not the same as murder or ending a life. But I can't see somewhere that says "abortion pre quickening = murder."

It's almost as if these people don't actually know what their religious texts say... :thinking
que

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #11882 on: December 13, 2017, 12:32:58 AM »
Reading 4chan....

Bruh why would you do that tho
yar

« Reply #11883 on: December 13, 2017, 12:45:58 AM »
I never realized the death of neogaf as clear as today. Both neogaf and reset are almost the same ideological crowd :

Neogaf post count on election victory : 27
Resetera post count on election victory: 2371

Shut it the F down evilore . Shut it the f down

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #11884 on: December 13, 2017, 12:54:01 AM »
On NPR this morning they were asking Alabamans that were going to vote for Roy Moore how they could justify it. And one guy said that he was an evangelical christian, and he believed in a literal translation of the bible and therefore he had to vote against abortion because it was against the bible. As someone who minored in religion and knows what's in the bible I do wonder where this literal translation of the bible = abortion bad comes from. I mean I can point out a few times where the bible would say a miscarriage or forcing a miscarriage is not the same as murder or ending a life. But I can't see somewhere that says "abortion pre quickening = murder."

It's almost as if these people don't actually know what their religious texts say... :thinking
Interesting that you lean towards that conclusion rather than concluding that you obviously haven't read the literal translation version :thinking

benjipwns

« Reply #11885 on: December 13, 2017, 12:57:35 AM »
Trump managed to endorse two losing candidates in one election, not bad.
The funny thing is that was like the story of this coming out of the primary, then it felt like as soon as Moore was being attacked, Trump jumped in and started campaigning for him. And dug in deeper as the Moore accusations built. :lol

benjipwns

« Reply #11887 on: December 13, 2017, 02:00:17 AM »
:mindblown the fuck did I do?
Like you don't know.

Verrit authorization code: 0443130

benjipwns

« Reply #11888 on: December 13, 2017, 02:16:38 AM »
real reason he lost:
https://splinternews.com/horse-twitter-comes-for-roy-moore-1821227717

Terry
12/12/17 3:25pm
Honestly aren’t there better things we can criticize him for?
SHUT UP TERRY

benjipwns

benjipwns

« Reply #11890 on: December 13, 2017, 02:24:56 AM »

rest of The Round Mound of Rebound in glorious HQ HD HD True4KVR:

benjipwns

« Reply #11892 on: December 13, 2017, 02:30:38 AM »
I know people say Steve Bannon is a cretinous racist, but you gotta admit, he also sucks at picking candidates for state elections
https://www.vox.com/2017/12/12/16770678/roy-moore-loses-steve-bannon

Group connected to McConnell:

Shrew

« Reply #11893 on: December 13, 2017, 02:31:55 AM »

Shrew

« Reply #11894 on: December 13, 2017, 02:35:04 AM »

curly

• cultural maoist

Shrew

« Reply #11896 on: December 13, 2017, 02:57:58 AM »
Oh shit. He has the full case file.

I'm wet

Shrew

« Reply #11897 on: December 13, 2017, 03:02:43 AM »
Whats Hillary got to say about this...

Shrew

« Reply #11898 on: December 13, 2017, 03:13:35 AM »
Trade me Chaos Orbs boo, I got you . I GOT YOU

Dont listen to these fools

Shrew

« Reply #11899 on: December 13, 2017, 03:23:40 AM »
thanks a'bama

I am literally shaking

Shrew

« Reply #11900 on: December 13, 2017, 03:44:00 AM »
its so stupid to read bullshit about 'sanity reigns' or some shit

look at this

(Image removed from quote.)

does this look like 'sanity reigns'?? if not for black people moore would have won with a +30 margin of victory or some shit

sanity does not reign

Wecome to Ireland, son

Shrew

« Reply #11901 on: December 13, 2017, 03:47:58 AM »

YO THEY WONT LET US SPEAK OUR LANGUAGE

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #11903 on: December 13, 2017, 03:58:01 AM »
Hey where is that poster with the Fear And Loathing avatar who always reminds us democrats aren't popular and spend so much time talking about Russia they can't win any races ever.

Shrew

« Reply #11904 on: December 13, 2017, 03:59:49 AM »
Walk the walk

Shrew

« Reply #11905 on: December 13, 2017, 04:02:27 AM »
https://trib.al/joWkqJNw

At least it says Tribal in the name

Shrew

« Reply #11906 on: December 13, 2017, 04:16:14 AM »
Hey where is that poster with the Fear And Loathing avatar who always reminds us democrats aren't popular and spend so much time talking about Russia they can't win any races ever.

Shrew

« Reply #11907 on: December 13, 2017, 04:21:00 AM »

You're miles behind

Shrew

« Reply #11908 on: December 13, 2017, 04:37:20 AM »
Thanks for looking out for us though!

Shrew

« Reply #11909 on: December 13, 2017, 05:06:34 AM »
Its a conspiracy, Ive been framed They call me nicca so much Im startin to think its my name

Shrew

« Reply #11910 on: December 13, 2017, 05:31:17 AM »
Reading 4chan....

Dude, times are rough

Loooooooooooooooooool

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #11911 on: December 13, 2017, 06:26:49 AM »

You're miles behind

What

benjipwns

« Reply #11912 on: December 13, 2017, 06:58:15 AM »
Of course Democrats can win races in the Deep South, their Confederate and Jim Crow Roots as the Real Racists™ ensure they're strong where it counts and can pack the rolls at the precincts they still control in the cities to make up the margins elsewhere once they know how many votes they need to manufacture.

Just like in Michigan. Unless it's 2016 apparently. Or a Democratic Presidential Primary. Or a smart candidate is running for Governor against "Stand-In Democrat." Or the city relied on has been half emptied and most of the others still have too many cacs.

FStop7

« Reply #11913 on: December 13, 2017, 07:54:04 AM »
Steve Bannon started the year as the man with the ear of the President and a member of the NSC.

He ended the year banished from the White House and having fumbled away a critical Senate seat while making powerful enemies the entire way down to the bottom.   

Truly a master tactician.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #11914 on: December 13, 2017, 08:21:58 AM »
I'm really glad that the gay-hating pedophile rapist lost by a fraction of a percent.  What a good day for America.   

edit:  forgot he's also a rapist.

It’s alabama. 

American's say 'It's alabama'.  The rest of the world says 'It's america'. 

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #11915 on: December 13, 2017, 09:05:29 AM »
If I’m elected, I want to be sworn in on an issue of Hustler.
©@©™

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #11916 on: December 13, 2017, 09:31:29 AM »
When I went to bed, moore was up 50,000 votes. What a surprise this morning. :rejoice
©ZH

« Reply #11917 on: December 13, 2017, 09:32:59 AM »
I was ready to say that the Republican Party was in trouble in 2018 if Moore won by like 5 percent.

Well well well.

They're in trouble regardless.

Now the racists are gonna double down against the establishment GOP and ruin them at the federal level.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #11918 on: December 13, 2017, 10:18:50 AM »
“There’s blood in the water for Mitch McConnell, it leads back to him. This room is gonna be walking out with a vengeance. We know who’s responsible,” said Chanel Rion, the 27-year-old fiancee of Missouri Senate candidate Courtland Sykes.

Sykes himself was even more fire-and-brimstone, worried that establishment Republicans ― not Democrats ― were winning the war against “MAGA candidates,” a shorthand for President Donald Trump’s “make America great again” campaign slogan.

“This is impossible. This is 100-percent an effort by the Washington establishment to keep Roy Moore out of it,” Sykes told HuffPost. “If they can put a Democrat in office in Alabama, in 2017, to replace Jeff Sessions, even after Donald Trump won by a landslide in 2016, that means they can replace anyone they want. We don’t have an honest republic if this can happen. Does that make sense?

gop blame game is always the best.  :heh
©ZH

kingv

« Reply #11919 on: December 13, 2017, 10:24:27 AM »

You must be an evangelical. Otherwise you’d pick Taboo...

Or is that the other way around?

Brehvolution

©ZH

Brehvolution

©ZH

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #11922 on: December 13, 2017, 10:49:22 AM »

You must be an evangelical. Otherwise you’d pick Taboo...

Or is that the other way around?

I don't want to get dis-invited from my speaking spot at the Values Voter Summit. :trumps
©@©™

Valhelm

« Reply #11923 on: December 13, 2017, 11:48:55 AM »
https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/940788450260811776

:neogaf :neogaf :neogaf :neogaf :neogaf

god this is like a bad West Wing episode and this proposal doesn't even make sense

We shouldn't expected senators and congresspeople to exhibit the exact views of their average constituency because they aren't meant to be avatars of public opinion. In a representative democracy, officials are elected to represent interests rather than ideology, and legislate as they see fit. Walter Lippmann set this straight in like 1920.

The average Alabamian is probably closer to Roy Moore than Doug Jones ideologically, but Alabamian voters chose the Democrat because they weren't comfortable with a zealot and a child molester arguing for their state in Washington.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #11924 on: December 13, 2017, 11:52:52 AM »
CLEANSE THE FBI
ὕβρις

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #11925 on: December 13, 2017, 12:08:03 PM »
benji, pls weigh in on this political bombshell and what it means for the 2018 election cycle

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/12/13/omarosa-leaving-white-house-294375
©@©™

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #11926 on: December 13, 2017, 12:49:43 PM »
Welp, Roger Stone thinks the Trump presidency's days are numbered.
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/12/roger-stone-book-fall-of-trump

benjipwns

« Reply #11927 on: December 13, 2017, 01:08:16 PM »
https://twitter.com/RepPeteKing/status/940907000657006592

:mouf
i...wait...dump him from what? he must go from what?

this proud supporter of terrorism doesn't even know how his own party works?

benjipwns

« Reply #11928 on: December 13, 2017, 01:09:31 PM »
benji, pls weigh in on this political bombshell and what it means for the 2018 election cycle

looks like a laser guided missile aimed right at Lightweight Kirsten Gillibrand's SAD DOOMED re-election efforts

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #11929 on: December 13, 2017, 01:24:25 PM »
Roy Moore? More like Roy Less.

Himu

« Reply #11930 on: December 13, 2017, 01:27:36 PM »
Republicans going after Bannon has been political theater :rofl
IYKYK

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11932 on: December 13, 2017, 01:34:50 PM »
:rejoice
dog

Himu

« Reply #11933 on: December 13, 2017, 01:36:13 PM »
RAIN DOWN ON ME REPUBLICAN TEARS

IYKYK

Nola

« Reply #11934 on: December 13, 2017, 01:49:14 PM »
Republicans going after Bannon has been political theater :rofl

And Bannon is going to double down and keep up the charade of primarying moderate Republicans and thus weakening their positions in the general.

Looks like it will already happen in Arizona, with plans to do it in Missouri and West Virginia. Where Democrats should be vulnerable but against more Bannonites fucking things up when the generic ballot trend is currently
+12 compared to 2016? Bannon is poisoning the GOP and it’s  :lawd

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
Re: U.S. Politics Discussion Thread |OT| Tired, inane and morally vacuous
« Reply #11935 on: December 13, 2017, 01:52:38 PM »
©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11936 on: December 13, 2017, 01:54:38 PM »
Isn't that more suitable for the forum as a whole, though?
dog

benjipwns

« Reply #11937 on: December 13, 2017, 01:58:11 PM »
A female Democratic House member shocked fellow lawmakers Wednesday when she said that the revealing clothing that some members and staffers wear is an “invitation” to sexual harassment.

Rep. Marcy Kaptur (D-Ohio) made the comments during a private Democratic Caucus meeting Wednesday to discuss sexual harassment issues, according to two Democratic sources in the room.

“I saw a member yesterday with her cleavage so deep it was down to the floor,” Kaptur said, according to the sources present. “And what I’ve seen … it's really an invitation.” The comments left many others in the room stunned, the sources said.

Kaptur said women on Capitol Hill should have to abide by a stricter dress code, like those adopted by the military or corporations.

“Maybe I’ll get booed for saying this, but many companies and the military [have] a dress code,” she said. “I have been appalled at some of the dress of ... members and staff. Men have to wear ties and suits.”
:american

benjipwns

« Reply #11938 on: December 13, 2017, 02:00:14 PM »

Another version: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/omarosa-manigault-newman-resign-trump-administration-article-1.3695668
Omarosa Manigault reportedly escorted kicking and screaming from White House as resignation announced

While White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said Manigault Newman’s resignation will be effective Jan. 20, one year since President Trump’s inauguration, there were several reports she was fired by White House chief of staff John Kelly and had to be escorted from the building after a foul mouthed tantrum.

Sources told the Daily News in September that Kelly was unhappy with Manigault’s influence on the President and her ability to get him worked up over hot topics.

Kelly did the firing and Manigault “acted very vulgar and cursed a lot and said she helped elect President Trump,” sources told American Urban Radio Networks’ April Ryan.

Manigault had to be escorted from the building after Kelly told her she was out

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #11939 on: December 13, 2017, 02:02:06 PM »
Kaptur is an old fogey in the Cleveland area who needs to retire
püp