Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5625705 times)

kingv

Re: US Politics Thread |OT| It sounds horrible to me.
« Reply #44160 on: September 26, 2019, 06:36:24 PM »
Not even a like, shosta? There's just no pleasing you, unlike your mom.

Filler likes you get from bad jokes, loving Nintendo, loving tulsi, loving Bernie, and thinly disguised nazism.

Shosta likes only come from centrist takes, discussing how sexy women with big cocks are, the filthy things you would do to him if he was wearing a wig, and evangelion.

kingv

« Reply #44161 on: September 26, 2019, 06:38:00 PM »
I’m gonna go out on a limb and suggest that the Cherokee did not eat Mayonnaise.

picturing an 8 year old elizabeth warren, tearful in 2nd grade, hearing from her teacher debra about how aioli was served at the first thanksgiving,

Nobody in America knew what aioli was when she was a kid. She probably grew up on miracle whip.

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #44162 on: September 26, 2019, 06:40:05 PM »
Not even a like, shosta? There's just no pleasing you, unlike your mom.

Filler likes you get from bad jokes, loving Nintendo, loving tulsi, loving Bernie, and thinly disguised nazism.

Shosta likes only come from centrist takes, discussing how sexy women with big cocks are, the filthy things you would do to him if he was wearing a wig, and evangelion.
disgusting
vin

kingv

« Reply #44163 on: September 26, 2019, 06:43:06 PM »
Impeachment won't succeed and that's the point. The impeachment inquiry is to show the American people the level of corruption and the dereliction of duty of this administration. When senate republicans cover for trump, Dems can hammer that cover on the campaign trail into 2020.
I honestly think people don't care at this point.  Impeachment overall is not a popular move.

https://twitter.com/MarshallCohen/status/1177319183987748869

:gurl

In close races, this could hurt Dems. Not every place is NYC/SF/LA/Seattle.

Democrats biggest problem electorally is that they rely too much on “not alienating republicans”.

It’s a fools game because there’s only like 5 things that people are universally united on.... and you can’t even get Democrats to campaign heavily on things that 80% of Americans support.

Meanwhile the Republicans are running around with platforms opposed by 70% of Americans and still managing to win because they turn out that 30%.

Democrats don’t give people a reason to even show up. They are basically Jeremy Corbin.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #44164 on: September 26, 2019, 06:45:37 PM »
the follow up:  :lol :lol :lol

https://twitter.com/everequivocal/status/1175253010173161472

Oriental Beef Stir-Fry :rofl

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #44165 on: September 26, 2019, 06:45:49 PM »
honestly, he personifies my collection of stereotypical views of americans if they were to merge and gain a pulse
like, I can't imagine him being the leader of any country except america

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #44166 on: September 26, 2019, 07:05:58 PM »
After Bush(literally a cowboy with a fake Texan accent) we thought it couldn't get more American than Bush and then Donald Trump showed up.
Between Reagan, Clinton, Bush Jr. and Trump, as far as recent Presidents go, Obama and Bush Sr. were sort of outliers.

Trump may not be the epitome of the American Dream but he was presented as such to the audience by television networks.
A myth everyone was happy to keep in circulation until he became President. Trump was always presented as the dude who lived the American Dream.
Invited to TV shows with his latest wife or daughter to talk about smart investments, building a successful business or whatever he was into at that time.
🤴

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #44167 on: September 26, 2019, 07:11:35 PM »
honestly, he personifies my collection of stereotypical views of americans if they were to merge and gain a pulse

Or Italy.  :hmm

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I guess Berlusconi is an actual high flying businessman.
[close]
ὕβρις

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #44168 on: September 26, 2019, 07:13:57 PM »

There might be an argument for that, but that's not the same thing as the personification of the American Dream.

Sorry, but I'm not sure how I'm agreeing with Windex?

kingv

« Reply #44170 on: September 26, 2019, 07:15:32 PM »
I was going to say in a world where berlusconi, BoJo, Netanyahu, and dude from Brazil, and a world where What’s her name came within spitting distance of President of France... there’s nothing all that unique about Trump.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #44171 on: September 26, 2019, 07:17:54 PM »
You obviously do not understand the myth of the American Dream. Perhaps stick to the politics and mythology of your own country in this situation.
I know what the real American Dream is or rather supposed to be.
Class mobility and all that stuff. People coming from distant lands to build a new life and have a better future than their parents yadayda.

But that's not what the mainstream media sold for decades. They sold gold Trump skyscrapers and limousines.
If only you got a job, worked hard enough, made good deals and took care of yourself you could be Donald Trump and live the American Dream too.
The most apt description I read was that Americans had all convinced themselves they were millionaires going through a tough spot.

The Trump documentary on Netflix is actually called Trump: An American Dream.

I was going to say in a world where berlusconi, BoJo, Netanyahu, and dude from Brazil, and a world where What’s her name came within spitting distance of President of France... there’s nothing all that unique about Trump.
Macron is more French than Le Pen ever was. Macron might be the most arrogant French douche ever not named Sarkozy.
🤴

Boredfrom

« Reply #44172 on: September 26, 2019, 07:18:41 PM »

A lot of Latin American countries had leaders like him. Probably the only real thing different from them is that Trump incompetence gets mitigated by your institutions, at least for now.

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #44173 on: September 26, 2019, 07:20:19 PM »
Nintex, can you at least read the Wikipedia article of something before pretending to know what it is?
Yang fits the idealized version of the American Dream more than Trump by any stretch.

kingv

« Reply #44174 on: September 26, 2019, 07:20:46 PM »
Once trump passes through. I hope collectively congress realizes that the President should have a lot less power.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #44175 on: September 26, 2019, 07:21:52 PM »
America's very own kidney stone
每天生气

Boredfrom

« Reply #44176 on: September 26, 2019, 07:27:08 PM »
Once trump passes through. I hope collectively congress realizes that the President should have a lot less power.

“Narrator: They won’t. “

shosta

« Reply #44177 on: September 26, 2019, 07:29:28 PM »
The tendency of the state is to slowly acquire power over the entire reproduction of all biological life #Foucault
每天生气

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #44178 on: September 26, 2019, 07:38:41 PM »
It doesn't matter if it's popular or not, it's a matter of principle. If Trump isn't impeached (even if he isn't removed from office), then no President should ever be impeached again.
It's impeachment or capitulation. Either you impeach the braindead corrupt nepotist fucker or you admit that American democracy has failed and that the president is basically a monarch.
The thing about Trump's presidency is that it seems to make most of us numb and apathetic. The damage he has done will be lasting. I am somewhat surprised I am still able to feel anger and revulsion when seeing his stupid face.
lol calm down

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #44179 on: September 26, 2019, 08:09:33 PM »
At least we’re not talking about bombing Iran anymore. The master at work.
©@©™

shosta

« Reply #44180 on: September 26, 2019, 08:21:33 PM »
Speaking of which I just read that we're putting patriot missiles in Saudi Arabia as a response but that's kind of weird because we already had patriot missiles there and they didn't work :heh
每天生气

kingv

« Reply #44181 on: September 26, 2019, 08:33:59 PM »
They only work for American patriots.

They need iron dome (which coincidentally has NOTHING to do with getting head from somebody in an iron lung).

benjipwns

« Reply #44182 on: September 26, 2019, 08:35:03 PM »
To be non-snarky and nice to Occam, I'm all in favor of Congress refinding its various powers that are checks, and I've long advocated for regular impeachment of the President including as I mention often impeaching Bush prior to both Iraq and even 9/11.

But for most people, including members of Congress, impeachment is associated not only with conviction but removal from office. Neither of these have ever happened to the President, at both trials the Senate majority wouldn't even convict. Many people do not think Bill Clinton was impeached because he was not removed, and even fewer know the actual charges he faced at the Senate trial.

As such, impeachment, of any kind, is seen as an extreme measure. It's a special weapon held in reserve not a regular check. Again, even to members of Congress. And there's basically no way that a Senate minority will be holding a trial of Trump in an election year. Democrats have been successfully pushing out the talking points about how impeachment is not the trial/conviction/removal to people who are Democratic shills but they're obviously leery of how that will go beyond that group. This is a huge reason why every President who has faced impeachment was a lame duck with an opposition Senate.

I'm totally on board with impeaching Trump (although I will admit for the record that this reason probably would not make my short list) but I can see all kinds of valid political reasons for the House to not even seriously try to report on the inquiry until 2021 at the earliest. And none of this really imperils the Republic when there's still a strong chance that Trump can simply just lose in 2020.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #44183 on: September 26, 2019, 08:36:38 PM »

kingv

« Reply #44184 on: September 26, 2019, 08:42:55 PM »
To be non-snarky and nice to Occam, I'm all in favor of Congress refinding its various powers that are checks, and I've long advocated for regular impeachment of the President including as I mention often impeaching Bush prior to both Iraq and even 9/11.

But for most people, including members of Congress, impeachment is associated not only with conviction but removal from office. Neither of these have ever happened to the President, at both trials the Senate majority wouldn't even convict. Many people do not think Bill Clinton was impeached because he was not removed, and even fewer know the actual charges he faced at the Senate trial.

As such, impeachment, of any kind, is seen as an extreme measure. It's a special weapon held in reserve not a regular check. Again, even to members of Congress. And there's basically no way that a Senate minority will be holding a trial of Trump in an election year. Democrats have been successfully pushing out the talking points about how impeachment is not the trial/conviction/removal to people who are Democratic shills but they're obviously leery of how that will go beyond that group. This is a huge reason why every President who has faced impeachment was a lame duck with an opposition Senate.

I'm totally on board with impeaching Trump (although I will admit for the record that this reason probably would not make my short list) but I can see all kinds of valid political reasons for the House to not even seriously try to report on the inquiry until 2021 at the earliest. And none of this really imperils the Republic when there's still a strong chance that Trump can simply just lose in 2020.

For political reasons, I can totally see Democrats sort of slow walking it so they are having a ton of revelations come out after say feb or March next year. Even knowing that this will go nowhere. There is no surer thing in politics than seeing that Trump has dirty laundry and is surrounded by fools and sycophants.

Making Republicans squirm and make excuses for it for 9 months is probably a pretty good strategy.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #44185 on: September 26, 2019, 08:46:49 PM »
I was watching Koyaanisqatsi, and there’s a brief shot of Lou Dobbs in it. I only bring this up because fuck Lou Dobbs.
©@©™

benjipwns

« Reply #44186 on: September 26, 2019, 08:49:59 PM »
For political reasons, I can totally see Democrats sort of slow walking it so they are having a ton of revelations come out after say feb or March next year.
No good, February and March are the start of the primaries. Kamala's going to want all the attention on her huge victories.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #44187 on: September 26, 2019, 08:50:16 PM »
I was watching Koyaanisqatsi, and there’s a brief shot of Lou Dobbs in it. I only bring this up because fuck Lou Dobbs.

shosta

每天生气

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #44189 on: September 26, 2019, 09:17:54 PM »
Give me the TR:DL. Did Trump fuck anybody this time?

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #44190 on: September 26, 2019, 09:18:13 PM »
https://amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/598879/

“It is impossible that the whistle-blower is a hero and I’m not. And I will be the hero! These morons—when this is over, I will be the hero,” Giuliani told me.

“I’m not acting as a lawyer. I’m acting as someone who has devoted most of his life to straightening out government,” he continued, sounding out of breath. “Anything I did should be praised.”

dying rn :dead
©@©™

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #44191 on: September 26, 2019, 09:56:21 PM »
“If they were so concerned about my activities, why did they ask for my help? Why did they send me a bunch of friendly text messages reaching out for my help, thanking me for my help?” Giuliani said he planned to make sure these “friendly text messages” came out “in a longer story.”

Giuliani has no intention, however, of slowing the smear campaign. “If this guy is a whistle-blower, then I’m a whistle-blower too,” Giuliani said. “You should be happy for your country that I uncovered this.”

Well, I guess we know where some of the leaks originate.

Tripon

shosta

« Reply #44193 on: September 26, 2019, 10:06:40 PM »
I just found out the White House directed subordinates on multiple occasions to delete emailz transcripts from the electronic record. This guy is so fucked :lol
每天生气

kingv

« Reply #44194 on: September 26, 2019, 10:19:08 PM »
Is there a new story out?

Giuliani is going out fucking Michael Cohen style. Damn!

benjipwns

« Reply #44195 on: September 26, 2019, 10:25:12 PM »
Problem:
Democratic donors on Wall Street and in big business are preparing to sit out the presidential campaign fundraising cycle — or even back President Donald Trump — if Sen. Elizabeth Warren wins the party’s nomination.

In recent weeks, CNBC spoke to several high-dollar Democratic donors and fundraisers in the business community and found that this opinion was becoming widely shared as Warren, an outspoken critic of big banks and corporations, gains momentum against Joe Biden in the 2020 race.

Solution:
Hillary Clinton dismissed President Trump as an “illegitimate president” and suggested that “he knows” that he stole the 2016 presidential election in a CBS News interview to be aired Sunday.
#UniterNotADivider #MoreLikeChillary

benjipwns

« Reply #44196 on: September 26, 2019, 10:29:33 PM »
https://twitter.com/evanmcmurry/status/1176988004445036546
ABC credited its scoop to Serhiy Leshchenko, a former member of Ukraine's parliament and former adviser to Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelensky. Leshchenko now disputes the story, denying he told ABC News that discussion of a potential probe into the Biden family's business activity in the country was a precondition for communication with Trump.

ABC quoted Leshchenko as saying, "it was a clear fact that Trump wants to meet only if Biden case will be included." According to ABC, he added that the Biden case was "raised many times" and "Ukrainian officials understood."

Leshchenko rejected the ABC story just hours after it was published, telling Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty's Christopher Miller that he "DID NOT tell ABC insistence for leaders to discuss Biden probe was precondition for call." Leshchenko also spoke to BBC's Jonah Fisher, who added that the former Ukrainian official learned of "quid pro quo" rumors "only from media reports."

Though Leshchenko advised the Zelensky administration through its post-election transition, the administration distanced itself from Leshchenko as early as May. He was not advising Zelensky during the July 25 call between Zelensky and Trump.
Other than that, the story was possibly accurate.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #44197 on: September 26, 2019, 10:32:56 PM »
Is there a new story out?

Giuliani is going out fucking Michael Cohen style. Damn!

The atlantic asked him questions and appears to have gone, no you! breakdown.

benjipwns

« Reply #44198 on: September 26, 2019, 10:34:09 PM »
filler come get your girl:

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #44199 on: September 26, 2019, 10:46:22 PM »
she's right  :kermit

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #44200 on: September 26, 2019, 10:59:35 PM »
https://twitter.com/evanmcmurry/status/1176988004445036546
ABC credited its scoop to Serhiy Leshchenko, a former member of Ukraine's parliament and former adviser to Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelensky. Leshchenko now disputes the story, denying he told ABC News that discussion of a potential probe into the Biden family's business activity in the country was a precondition for communication with Trump.

ABC quoted Leshchenko as saying, "it was a clear fact that Trump wants to meet only if Biden case will be included." According to ABC, he added that the Biden case was "raised many times" and "Ukrainian officials understood."

Leshchenko rejected the ABC story just hours after it was published, telling Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty's Christopher Miller that he "DID NOT tell ABC insistence for leaders to discuss Biden probe was precondition for call." Leshchenko also spoke to BBC's Jonah Fisher, who added that the former Ukrainian official learned of "quid pro quo" rumors "only from media reports."

Though Leshchenko advised the Zelensky administration through its post-election transition, the administration distanced itself from Leshchenko as early as May. He was not advising Zelensky during the July 25 call between Zelensky and Trump.
Other than that, the story was possibly accurate.

This guy got some very angry phone calls immediately after the story was published, I'd imagine.
dog

team filler

• filler
  • filler

curly

• cultural maoist

benjipwns

« Reply #44203 on: September 26, 2019, 11:28:17 PM »
Trump's going to read that hashtag as #wallneedscience

Tripon

Occam

« Reply #44205 on: September 27, 2019, 01:06:04 AM »

shosta

« Reply #44206 on: September 27, 2019, 01:07:35 AM »
Syph wasn't functionally r-tarded
每天生气

shosta

« Reply #44207 on: September 27, 2019, 01:12:53 AM »
I guess this was before my time :doge
每天生气

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #44208 on: September 27, 2019, 01:15:55 AM »
He was a big fan of Mark Steyn and Elon Musk so there's that.

team filler

• filler
  • filler

benjipwns

« Reply #44210 on: September 27, 2019, 01:36:33 AM »
You guys drove him to graffiti:

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #44211 on: September 27, 2019, 01:37:36 AM »
odds are he hams it up a bit for laughs, honestly, some of you probably enjoy getting to style on him and want it to be real

benjipwns

« Reply #44212 on: September 27, 2019, 01:47:23 AM »
Nintex is Lou Dobbs. Change my mind.

benjipwns

« Reply #44213 on: September 27, 2019, 01:48:47 AM »
I said CHANGE my mind.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #44214 on: September 27, 2019, 01:51:09 AM »
guys he's just dumb

that's it

benjipwns

« Reply #44215 on: September 27, 2019, 02:07:55 AM »
all I know is that I'm developing strong opinions about the 2021 Dutch elections and how the SPD and FDP will form an alliance after sweeping the House of Lords

benjipwns

« Reply #44216 on: September 27, 2019, 02:18:53 AM »
Remember when Trump wanted to cut their budget and everyone who matters said this time he had gone too far and was eliminating journalism on Putin's orders.

Follow the money is all I'm saying.

benjipwns

« Reply #44217 on: September 27, 2019, 02:31:28 AM »
Because the Twitter experts have promised that something will happen soon or maybe not but definitely something is going to happen; let us all recall why the first presidential impeachment was awesome and will be always be hard to top and why presidential impeachment almost demands absurdity considering this and Bill Clinton's:
Johnson had inherited, as Secretary of War, Lincoln's appointee Edwin M. Stanton, a staunch Radical Republican, who as long as he remained in office would comply with Congressional Reconstruction policies.[10] To ensure that Stanton would not be replaced, Congress passed the Tenure of Office Act in 1867 over Johnson's veto. The act required the President to seek the Senate's advice and consent before relieving or dismissing any member of his Cabinet (an indirect reference to Stanton) or, indeed, any federal official whose initial appointment had previously required its advice and consent.[11][12]

Because the Tenure of Office Act did permit the president to suspend such officials when Congress was out of session, when Johnson failed to obtain Stanton's resignation, he instead suspended Stanton on August 5, 1867, which gave him the opportunity to appoint General Ulysses S. Grant, then serving as Commanding General of the Army, interim Secretary of War.[13] When the Senate adopted a resolution of non-concurrence with Stanton's dismissal in December 1867, Grant told Johnson he was going to resign, fearing punitive legal action. Johnson assured Grant that he would assume all responsibility in the matter, and asked him to delay his resignation until a suitable replacement could be found.[12] Contrary to Johnson's belief that Grant had agreed to remain in office,[14] when the Senate voted and reinstated Stanton in January 1868, Grant immediately resigned, before the president had an opportunity to appoint a replacement.[15] Johnson was furious at Grant, accusing him of lying during a stormy cabinet meeting. The March 1868 publication of several angry messages between Johnson and Grant led to a complete break between the two. As a result of these letters, Grant solidified his standing as the frontrunner for the 1868 Republican presidential nomination.[13][16]

Johnson agonized about Stanton's restoration to office, and undertook a desperate search for someone to replace Stanton whom the Senate might find acceptable. He turned first to General William Tecumseh Sherman, who was an enemy of Stanton's, but Sherman turned the president down.[17] Sherman subsequently suggested to Johnson that Republican radicals and moderates would be amenable to replacing Stanton with Jacob Cox, but he found the president to be no longer interested in appeasement.[18] On February 21, 1868, the president appointed Lorenzo Thomas, a brevet major general in the Army, as interim Secretary of War, ordered the removal of Stanton from office, and informed the Senate of his actions. Thomas personally delivered the president's dismissal notice to Stanton, who refused either to accept its legitimacy or to vacate the premises. Instead, Stanton informed Speaker of the House Schuyler Colfax and President pro tempore of the Senate Benjamin Wade of his plight, then barricaded himself in his office and ordered Thomas arrested for violating the Tenure of Office Act.[19] Thomas remained under arrest for several days, until Stanton, realizing that the case against Thomas would provide the courts with an opportunity to review the constitutionality of the Tenure of Office Act, had the charges dropped.[20]
One week later, the House adopted eleven articles of impeachment against the president. The articles charged Johnson with:

Dismissing Edwin Stanton from office after the Senate had voted not to concur with his dismissal and had ordered him reinstated.
Appointing Thomas Secretary of War ad interim despite the lack of vacancy in the office, since the dismissal of Stanton had been invalid.
Appointing Thomas without the required advice and consent of the Senate.
Conspiring, with Thomas and "other persons to the House of Representatives unknown", to unlawfully prevent Stanton from continuing in office.
Conspiring to unlawfully curtail faithful execution of the Tenure of Office Act.
Conspiring to "seize, take, and possess the property of the United States in the Department of War".
Conspiring to "seize, take, and possess the property of the United States in the Department of War" with specific intent to violate the Tenure of Office Act.
Issuing to Thomas the authority of the office of Secretary of War with unlawful intent to "control the disbursements of the moneys appropriated for the military service and for the Department of War".
Issuing to Major General William H. Emory orders with unlawful intent to violate federal law requiring all military orders to be issued through the General of the Army.
Making three speeches with intent to "attempt to bring into disgrace, ridicule, hatred, contempt and reproach, the Congress of the United States".
Bringing disgrace and ridicule to the presidency by his aforementioned words and actions.
The Senate ultimately voted on the 2nd, 3rd and last.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 02:39:24 AM by benjipwns »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #44218 on: September 27, 2019, 04:04:21 AM »
https://twitter.com/tictoc/status/1177488070196645888

"Would anybody else in the room like to represent Ukraine for 50k a month?"  :lol
🤴

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
Hi