Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3959429 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #51900 on: October 29, 2019, 07:58:06 PM »
you should imagine yourself taking 50% of the income or whatever number from average people by force so you always feel a sense of responsibility to best use that money
FACT CHECK: They are receiving hundred times more than that back in top tier essential services, it's called THE MULTIPLIER EFFECT, look it up. This is settled science. (Plus you signed the social contract anyway.)

This is why people are always better off receiving unemployment than having a job, unemployment produces 500% of value for the same dollars as wages because it is spent more superiorly. (Source: Nancy Pelosi)

This same economic fact is why closing likely unproductive discussion is essential to the overall benefit of the community.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #51901 on: October 29, 2019, 08:01:16 PM »
There's no reason to do income tax anymore. The economic system keeps itself running and we've increased liquidity in the global market to a point that there's no difference between a 1 trillion or 10 trillion deficit.

Taxation is essentially theft  :bolo
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #51902 on: October 29, 2019, 08:03:55 PM »
There's no reason to do income tax anymore.
FACT CHECK: Gathering data on the citizenry is valuable to the essential operation of the state.

Also receiving loans with advantageous terms is also good for the government.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #51903 on: October 29, 2019, 08:04:00 PM »
By their logic, if you have a spare room in your house that is not sheltering a low income family you are unethical.
the house i own shelters my own low income family :heart

benjipwns

« Reply #51904 on: October 29, 2019, 08:06:52 PM »
the house i own shelters my own low income family :heart
Imagine if instead of being a parasite "your" land was put to more socially productive use by providing more green screens for Disney films. Or by becoming more park space for the global Disney park. Or prisons for the incels who try to undermine review scores.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #51905 on: October 29, 2019, 08:07:32 PM »
There's no reason to do income tax anymore.
FACT CHECK: Gathering data on the citizenry is valuable to the essential operation of the state.

FACT CHECK: The state can run on autopilot with a monkey behind the wheel and it wouldn't make any difference
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #51906 on: October 29, 2019, 08:11:40 PM »
FACT CHECK: The state can run on autopilot with a monkey behind the wheel and it wouldn't make any difference
You are not an authorized fact checker on The Bire, please cease and desist from using official The Bire fact checker tools or you will face legal action at The Hague.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #51907 on: October 29, 2019, 08:13:11 PM »
You are not an authorized fact checker on The Bire, please cease and desist from using official The Bire fact checker tools or you will face legal action at The Hague.

Tomorrow 71 dump trucks and hundreds of construction companies will take over the city of The Hague.  8)

https://twitter.com/jeroenhofsink/status/1189253334189916161
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #51908 on: October 29, 2019, 08:16:09 PM »
What if the person lives there? This might be different experiences talking here, but here in NYC (and many other cities) plenty of people rent out another unit in their home. Not all landlords are evil billionaires. Many are people trying to pay off their mortgage.
Fair point, haven't really thought that way.
:nope

If you own property to rent, you have significant financial assets by definition.
:ohyeah

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #51909 on: October 29, 2019, 08:24:27 PM »
The planet is our home, no human is homeless  :heart
So, no more "public indecency"?

benjipwns

« Reply #51910 on: October 29, 2019, 08:26:03 PM »
Thank you to the Mod Captains for showing solidarity with the posters union:
User Banned (1 Week): Historical reference implying violence

Put the boomers through the guillotine before they kick the bucket and force the gen x’ers to watch!

FROM REACH ACCORDING TO HIS ABILITY, TO EACH ACCORDING TO HIS NEEDS. MY BLOOD IS RED AND MY HEART IS TO THE LEFT, COMRADES.
->
User Warned: Historical reference implying violence

Put the boomers through the guillotine before they kick the bucket and force the gen x’ers to watch!

FROM REACH ACCORDING TO HIS ABILITY, TO EACH ACCORDING TO HIS NEEDS. MY BLOOD IS RED AND MY HEART IS TO THE LEFT, COMRADES.

thetylerrob

« Reply #51911 on: October 29, 2019, 08:26:36 PM »
90% of landlords are scum and should be burned at the stake

:trumps

I had to call the property management company in charge of my complex because the piece of shit lady in charge of the local office told me that the maintenance crew wouldn't be able to fix my ac unit because it was "too cold outside" to tell. It was fucking 85 degrees out in July.

Her dumb ass has since been fired and I'm just gonna assume it was because of me and the multiple google reviews mentioning her by name, complete fucking sociopath.

My previous apartment tried to keep my deposit because of water damage caused by a leak in the pipes that I asked to get repaired multiple times and they never attempted, which was increasing my water bill and was the entire reason I ended my lease.

Landlords contribute nothing to this world and they can burn in hell tbh.

benjipwns

« Reply #51912 on: October 29, 2019, 08:30:24 PM »

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #51913 on: October 29, 2019, 08:34:57 PM »
There's some sort of Penthouse forum/milf fantasy/larp thing going on over at NaziGAF right now. Does anyone believe that a single member of that site had got any closer to actual sex with a human woman than the shower goblin himself did?

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/is-she-playing-with-me.1508668/
Spud

thetylerrob

« Reply #51914 on: October 29, 2019, 08:35:13 PM »
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

benjipwns

« Reply #51915 on: October 29, 2019, 08:39:15 PM »
Coppola thinks spending a billion dollars producing just two movies isn't risky, eh

BisMarckie

« Reply #51916 on: October 29, 2019, 08:40:15 PM »

FACT CHECK: What‘s next? Needing a license to make toast in my own goddamn toaster?

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #51917 on: October 29, 2019, 08:45:07 PM »
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/would-i-look-like-an-incel-if-i-wore-this-shirt.1508137/

Would I look like an incel if I wore this shirt?

I mean, you're already posting on NaziGAF, why not go the whole hog and embrace your inner incel?
Spud

thetylerrob

« Reply #51918 on: October 29, 2019, 08:53:26 PM »
Quote from:  Poor Underprivileged Illiterate San Francisco Landlord Barely Struggling to get by, tommyz2kool
All my properties are in the SF Bay Area where rent and eviction control exist. The power dynamics favor the tenant here.

Right now I am dealing with a hoarder tenant that will cost around 10k to fix the damage caused by her poor housekeeping habits. This is the second time I'm having to deal with this problem in 5 years btw.

I can't do nothing even though she is the proximate cause of all the issues in her unit because of my exposure to a lawsuit from the tenant. Tenants have access to free legal representation (paid by landlords btw) and landlords have to pay out of pocket for an attorney. The tenant will never have to pay for any of the damage she caused because there is no way to ever collect from her.

There is a reason why so many landlords here are want to convert their buildings to condos and the only reason they don't is because local govt. makes it difficult to do so.

These damn tenants making me work for my free money  :'( :maf

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #51920 on: October 29, 2019, 09:04:08 PM »
https://twitter.com/westantzuyu/status/1189336692618092545

Did I miss something?  Are they going under?
ど助平

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #51921 on: October 29, 2019, 09:06:33 PM »
From what I see, the rank and file are in open revolt and the new ownership/management of Kotaku seem to be on the verge of firing everyone. But it hasn't happened yet.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #51922 on: October 29, 2019, 09:08:13 PM »
i'm no money expert but couldn't that deposit and moving expenses be paid by the two month's of rent they didn't have to pay?

I mean, sure. But it's still kind of a dick move to turn rental houses into AirBnB while tenants are still living there. :doge

#ALAB #ACAB and all that.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #51923 on: October 29, 2019, 09:11:14 PM »

it swings both ways

anyone owning rental property will become a piece of shit after being taken advantage of one too many times and getting walked all over

I know a nice lady and her husband in their 70s, they have one home they rent out

they have seen everything, shit smeared on the walls, absolutely no care taken and no fucks given and no deposit possibly able to cover the damages

they have spent so much time and effort getting the place presentable between asshole tenants
Uncle

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #51924 on: October 29, 2019, 09:13:44 PM »
There's a reason you should pay landlord's insurance. I've been lucky, but there are horror stories out there.
Spud

ResetBanBot

« Reply #51925 on: October 29, 2019, 09:14:00 PM »
I like out Deadspin tried to use the fact that outrage clickbait generates clicks as a justification for why they should be allowed to woke-twitter at work.

benjipwns

« Reply #51926 on: October 29, 2019, 09:16:10 PM »
burn 👏 down 👏 the 👏 Bay 👏 Area 👏 and 👏 give 👏 the 👏 land 👏 to 👏 the 👏 unionized 👏 workers 👏 who 👏 live 👏 there 👏 but 👏 not 👏 Uber-Capitalist 👏 Jeff Gerstmann 👏👏

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #51927 on: October 29, 2019, 09:19:57 PM »
Brb, renting out my Sonic bed for sex.
©@©™

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #51928 on: October 29, 2019, 09:20:39 PM »

it swings both ways

anyone owning rental property will become a piece of shit after being taken advantage of one too many times and getting walked all over

I know a nice lady and her husband in their 70s, they have one home they rent out

they have seen everything, shit smeared on the walls, absolutely no care taken and no fucks given and no deposit possibly able to cover the damages

they have spent so much time and effort getting the place presentable between asshole tenants

someone I know let their's be used for low income renters, place got trashed by drug addicts
best bet is to be picky, knock off the price for someone who is a good person, plus recommendations are weirdly entwined in it. like, I know someone who was renting out a place, tenant eventually moved out and they recommended someone who was looking for a place and so the next tenant was in soon, networking for a place to live in  :lol

benjipwns

« Reply #51929 on: October 29, 2019, 09:20:43 PM »
I think the only thing that really needs to be said about landlords and renters when it comes to ResetERA.com members specifically is what they thought was an important show of defiance when they decided to move from one forum they didn't own to another they didn't own.

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #51930 on: October 29, 2019, 09:23:21 PM »
Quote from:  Poor Underprivileged Illiterate San Francisco Landlord Barely Struggling to get by, tommyz2kool
All my properties are in the SF Bay Area where rent and eviction control exist. The power dynamics favor the tenant here.

Right now I am dealing with a hoarder tenant that will cost around 10k to fix the damage caused by her poor housekeeping habits. This is the second time I'm having to deal with this problem in 5 years btw.

I can't do nothing even though she is the proximate cause of all the issues in her unit because of my exposure to a lawsuit from the tenant. Tenants have access to free legal representation (paid by landlords btw) and landlords have to pay out of pocket for an attorney. The tenant will never have to pay for any of the damage she caused because there is no way to ever collect from her.

There is a reason why so many landlords here are want to convert their buildings to condos and the only reason they don't is because local govt. makes it difficult to do so.

(Image removed from quote.)

do you think people just wake up one day and find a property to rent out in their ass?

Boredfrom

« Reply #51931 on: October 29, 2019, 09:32:42 PM »
Quote from: chichikov

the best former mod :rejoice

Is funny, you could say this in reverse.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #51932 on: October 29, 2019, 09:35:15 PM »
You mean chichikov thinks I'm the best former mod?! :uguu
每天生气

benjipwns

« Reply #51933 on: October 29, 2019, 09:35:19 PM »
do you think people just wake up one day and find a property to rent out in their ass?

thetylerrob

« Reply #51934 on: October 29, 2019, 09:35:35 PM »

As someone that is going to inherit some pretty valuable land some day, I'm gonna say a good portion of them kinda do. Do you think they work their way up to buying the land through hard work, job skills, market research, grit, and determination? Whining about the hardships of owning property in SF is laughable when you have homeless dying of typhus on the streets.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #51935 on: October 29, 2019, 09:36:46 PM »
finally someone will have sex in your bed :dobbs

Boredfrom

« Reply #51936 on: October 29, 2019, 09:37:03 PM »
So people like Shosta and Tylerrob believe that buildings sprout from the earth or every landlord is fucking Donald Trump?  :doge

Boredfrom

« Reply #51937 on: October 29, 2019, 09:39:10 PM »

As someone that is going to inherit some pretty valuable land some day, I'm gonna say a good portion of them kinda do. Do you think they work their way up to buying the land through hard work, job skills, market research, grit, and determination? Whining about the hardships of owning property in SF is laughable when you have homeless dying of typhus on the streets.

Nevermind buying land, building is not a walk in the park, you ass.

benjipwns

« Reply #51938 on: October 29, 2019, 09:40:57 PM »
So people like Shosta and Tylerrob believe that buildings sprout from the earth or every landlord is fucking Donald Trump?  :doge
Read Settlers

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #51939 on: October 29, 2019, 09:41:37 PM »
Won't pretend to know about San Fran, but here? Yeah, I would know since I know them. First gen immigrants who sure as shit didn't inherit anything or start from a point of cushiness.
Busting their ass work multiple low-paying jobs or managing to start a business in a new land. Should they have to slave away to get anywhere? Absolutely not, but I'm not going to knock their hustle or the moxy that got them to a point of "having made it" somewhere without an initial frame of support or privilege to launch from.

shosta

« Reply #51940 on: October 29, 2019, 09:41:38 PM »
Property owners don't build housing, construction workers do. ::)
每天生气

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #51941 on: October 29, 2019, 09:42:14 PM »
finally someone will have sex in your bed :dobbs

You mean him and demi don't? :thinking

Boredfrom

« Reply #51942 on: October 29, 2019, 09:42:28 PM »
Read Settlers

I’m not white.

benjipwns

« Reply #51943 on: October 29, 2019, 09:42:36 PM »
As someone that is going to inherit some pretty valuable land some day
*makes note in the dossier*

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #51944 on: October 29, 2019, 09:43:16 PM »

Pretty much, there's enough vacant apartment units in L.A. to house every single homeless person in L.A. if the goal is to keep people off the streets. I always roll my eyes on a housing company wanting $2000 for a studio that hasn't been rehabbed in decades and in poor maintenance, or wanting $3000-4000+ for a townhouse that was $1500 a decade earlier.

benjipwns

« Reply #51945 on: October 29, 2019, 09:43:23 PM »
I’m not white.
I'll be the judge of that at The People's Tribunal.

Boredfrom

« Reply #51946 on: October 29, 2019, 09:44:19 PM »
Property owners don't build housing, construction workers do. ::)

Dude...  :snoop :snoop :snoop

Is clear that you have not dealt with builders.

benjipwns

« Reply #51947 on: October 29, 2019, 09:47:43 PM »
Given what I was responding to, are you suggesting that private ownership of basically anything will be going away?
Hopefully, for necessities.
free streaming of MCU films :jeb

shosta

« Reply #51948 on: October 29, 2019, 09:48:52 PM »

I don't understand what you're saying :lol
每天生气

benjipwns

« Reply #51949 on: October 29, 2019, 09:49:40 PM »
We throw away vegetables because they are ugly.

Capitalism is a special brand of wastefulness.
Kurdel is a special brand of poster.

shosta

« Reply #51950 on: October 29, 2019, 09:50:27 PM »
if that face were a vegetable I'd throw it away too
每天生气

benjipwns

« Reply #51951 on: October 29, 2019, 09:50:56 PM »
how long until the " is it unethical to own a small business" thread
I think ResetERA.com LLC might not allow that thread. But that's just a hunch.

thetylerrob

« Reply #51952 on: October 29, 2019, 09:51:01 PM »

Lol this post ->  :hhh :jeanluc

No need to be so defensive dude we’re just talking shit on the internet, just enjoy that feel of having very minor struggles compared to a lot of people. It’s not that deep.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
P.S. Kill all landlords
[close]

blame space

« Reply #51953 on: October 29, 2019, 09:51:07 PM »
private property is bullshit

Boredfrom

« Reply #51954 on: October 29, 2019, 09:51:46 PM »

I don't understand what you're saying :lol

My family is trying to build a very small apartment building but all work on it has stopped because the guys that were building it are grifters.

No need to be so defensive dude we’re just talking shit on the internet, just enjoy that feel of having very minor struggles compared to a lot of people. It’s not that deep.

:kermit

Is nice you believe my family is particularly rich or they didn’t have their own fucking struggles.

benjipwns

« Reply #51955 on: October 29, 2019, 09:53:06 PM »
private property is bullshit
User Banbed: (3 days) Advocating piracy

shosta

« Reply #51956 on: October 29, 2019, 09:53:59 PM »
Ooooooh. Now I see why you're so butthurt about my posts. :lol
每天生气

benjipwns

« Reply #51957 on: October 29, 2019, 09:54:17 PM »
My family is trying to build a very small apartment building
Verdict: white.

shosta

« Reply #51958 on: October 29, 2019, 09:55:49 PM »
Is nice you believe my family is particularly rich or they didn’t have their own fucking struggles.
I don't have anything against any specific people, especially not you or your family :-*
每天生气

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #51959 on: October 29, 2019, 09:56:34 PM »
Seize the means of production from your landlord!  Tenants rise up!!