Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3970079 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #21780 on: June 12, 2019, 06:51:58 PM »
I'm sure SweetNicole was considered "one of the pure ones." Didn't prevent her from getting dogpiled and banned for a simple avatar bet, tho  :lol
the image she posted wasn't funny, this is serious

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #21781 on: June 12, 2019, 06:52:17 PM »
Thread blew up to 10 pages while I was gone :stahp

Shut the fuck, Benji.
Margs

benjipwns

« Reply #21782 on: June 12, 2019, 06:53:28 PM »
Woke up, 10 news pages

Who did what?
Boogie1488 kept his horrible rotten teeth and eventually it led to this:
WE GOT IT EVERYBODY, WE'RE DONE

Site has been bleeding POC and women for awhile now

CONGRATS TO ALL WHO WORKED SO HARD FOR THIS
And the entire thing was planned by Poland from the start.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #21783 on: June 12, 2019, 06:56:52 PM »
Woke up, 10 news pages

Who did what?

They should've allowed for free passage to Danzig.
🤴

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #21784 on: June 12, 2019, 06:57:02 PM »
Woke up, 10 news pages

Who did what?

Ugh, this is awful. Both the widespread dismissal of an important discussion and so many feeling compelled to insult someone for daring to question their favourite gaming company.

I thought era was better than this.

Hows that saying go? We tried to tell ya'll.

:umad

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #21785 on: June 12, 2019, 06:59:07 PM »
I have made friends I can barely remember what it was like to not know.

No we know who banned hfcs nicole.

benjipwns

« Reply #21786 on: June 12, 2019, 06:59:20 PM »
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-06-12-a-conversation-with-the-artist-behind-that-cyberpunk-2077-poster
"I'm not surprised people have questions," Redesiuk told me. "I'm currently taking care of in-game media, so branding and advertisements for the various corporations. And in this dystopian future, these megacorporations are oppressive, they've basically taken over and prescribe who people live. They constantly, aggressively sell everything.
Redesiuk and I are standing next to a poster which says 'three mouths, one desire'. It's a nod to Total Recall's 'I wish I had three hands' scene, she says, but also an example of the grotesque sex movies available in Cyberpunk 2077's world.

"So yes, we have a person with both breasts and a penis on an advertisement, done on purpose, because it's terrible to exploit people's bodies like this," Redesiuk continues.

The poster in question is an advert for Chromanticore, a regular cola, one of many fictional drink brands in the game.

"We thought this would be a brand which would slap a body on the advert and think nothing of it. It's a terrible thing to say 'mix it up' [the poster's tagline]. We're emulating what a company would say in Cyberpunk 2077."
Another comment I've is that this comes as one of the first examples of Cyberpunk 2077's transgender characters (after earlier similar controversy) and that it wasn't an ideal start to that conversation.

"People need representation, and representation in a good way," Redesiuk agrees. "And in Cyberpunk 2077 we're showing a world where many of the things which may be taboo or unusual today are completely normalised. It's a world where you can go to a ripperdoc and change your body. It's become normal. We have a character creator where you can mix up appearance and voice options and make the character you want to play. And, of course, through gameplay you can roleplay the character you want through your interactions with NPCs.

"It was meant to make people feel uncomfortable," Redesiuk concludes. "Not because they're seeing someone with breasts and a penis, but because the body is being exploited. I didn't slap the penis there for people to laugh about it. There is a beautiful body there being used to sell soda."
this poor hostage is practically begging to be saved from the Polish Men of CDPR at this point, why is no one doing anything?

Boredfrom

« Reply #21787 on: June 12, 2019, 07:01:47 PM »
I like this girl.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #21788 on: June 12, 2019, 07:01:58 PM »

LMAO that thread, back to the drum circle. We're beyond parody at this point.  :lol
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #21789 on: June 12, 2019, 07:03:25 PM »
Quote from: RedMercury
Love you dude/dudette, you are appreciated!

I was going to type up a long thing because I figured my 7000th post was coming up but I guess I already passed it by a bunch of posts.
lol

benjipwns

« Reply #21790 on: June 12, 2019, 07:03:58 PM »
Yea you right OP and the fact that you've noticed it, and appreciate it, tells me you a good guy OP.

Shout out to excelsiorlef for always fighting the good fight.
Yes! She's a local MVP for sure.
:doge

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #21791 on: June 12, 2019, 07:04:32 PM »
WHY IS DYSTOPIA DYSTOPIAN?! >:(

benjipwns

« Reply #21792 on: June 12, 2019, 07:04:39 PM »
Agreed. Being a gaming community it still draws a bunch of horrible people but it's nowhere near as bad as the rest of the internet.

And with every new CDPR thread comes another wave of idiots being banned so it only gets better and better.

Shout out to the mods for being amazing
this is a healthy mentality

BisMarckie

« Reply #21793 on: June 12, 2019, 07:06:09 PM »
Quote from: Finale Fireworker
There are so many kinds of people, with so many different stories, who without this community would have nowhere else to go. I have learned things and connected with people I'd never have known were it not for this community. I have made friends I can barely remember what it was like to not know. I have grown a lot with the people here. I am who I am, in part, because of all of you. I would take the worst days here over the best days anywhere else because, no matter what, I believe we will always try to be better.

We must continue to work together to create a community that serves the ideals we were founded on. This is a group effort. We all have to live up to our own expectations and believe that we, together, are what make this experience meaningful. This is a challenge we should always rise to. This is a journey that should never end. There is no place else like us, and nowhere else that tries, but we are here and we try and that counts.

We must love each other. We are all we have.

All my love to you all.

At least post the entire drivel :gurl

BisMarckie

« Reply #21794 on: June 12, 2019, 07:07:54 PM »
The ideals we were founded on. :rejoice

Cerium: :money

BisMarckie

« Reply #21795 on: June 12, 2019, 07:09:33 PM »
I'd just like to say that I appreciate this forum very much as it showcases that not everyone with nerdy interests is problematic and that there are progressive nerds fighting against the toxicity
I take it you haven't been on gaming side the last few days.

BOOM

benjipwns

« Reply #21796 on: June 12, 2019, 07:11:20 PM »
hey i think we can move on:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/aonuma-wont-say-if-you-can-play-as-zelda-in-breath-of-the-wild-2.122831/

wait a minute:
Do it you cowards. Spirit tracks was cool in that if nothing else

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #21797 on: June 12, 2019, 07:11:36 PM »
Woke up, 10 news pages

Who did what?

Cyberpunk 2077 is a secret alt right red propaganda pill conducted by the white supremacist Polish government as clearly evidenced by one piece of art in a promotional still. Those smart pieces of shit covered their traces in advance by adapting a game written by a black man originally (because he's broke and thus gladly accept racist money), having a lead female artist authoring the aforementioned piece of art (in reality just a parrott for the chauvinists in charge) and hiring people for over 30 countries (but really they're all whites, maybe, so deep down the same).

ResetEra has failed to ban all the Russian-backed astroturfing Polish bots and refuses to bar Straight White Males from joining which definitely prove it's basically a gaming themed the_donald hellhole.
ὕβρις

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #21798 on: June 12, 2019, 07:13:08 PM »
Andrzej Duda #cancelled

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #21799 on: June 12, 2019, 07:14:51 PM »
hey i think we can move on:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/aonuma-wont-say-if-you-can-play-as-zelda-in-breath-of-the-wild-2.122831/

wait a minute:
Do it you cowards. Spirit tracks was cool in that if nothing else

https://www.resetera.com/threads/aonuma-wont-say-if-you-can-play-as-zelda-in-breath-of-the-wild-2.122831/post-21814015

Ugh, please no. I don’t have any desire to play as Zelda. None.

:drudge MODS HALP!! :drudge

« Reply #21800 on: June 12, 2019, 07:15:37 PM »

I'm kind of curious to see how he'll react when the Era meltdown happens.  He acted like his best friend died when it happened to gaf, but there weren't really any mods/admins back then getting emotional about the whole thing on the forums or twitter.

benjipwns

« Reply #21801 on: June 12, 2019, 07:15:42 PM »
Kyuuji posted another essay, turns out they were right all along:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/polygon-cdpr-responds-to-sexualized-trans-advertisement-in-cyberpunk-2077-read-staff-post-before-posting.122807/post-21815863
There's another element to this though;

CDP Group are a large corporate entity

Sure they might tug on the heartstrings of gamers by putting love-letters in the sleeves of their games, but they're still a corporation. CDP itself joined the WIG20 just over a year ago; an index of the 20 largest companies on the Warsaw Stock Exchange. So when the claim is they're trying to handle sensitive issues by "showing how big corporations use people’s bodies against them", but are doing that by being a big corporation using people's bodies against them, it's a fragile effort at best and concerning at worst depending on who's doing it. This time, that's CDP/R.
Until they do bother to reach out and reassure the community they last spent time mocking and refusing to apologise to, I think it's perfectly fine to remain critical as to whether the final product will handle these things will nor do I feel they are from what little we've seen.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #21802 on: June 12, 2019, 07:16:01 PM »
I'm surprised nobody mentioned that Trump is in Poland right now
每天生气

Leadbelly

« Reply #21803 on: June 12, 2019, 07:16:55 PM »
okay, we have meltdown happening
Those calculating bastards saw this coming and had the artist on standby to deflect criticism. She isn't in charge of the game and doesn't get to dictate how everything is contextualized in the story. Also she conflates gender-noncomformity with trans identities do she doesn't know her shit.

If CDPR really gave a shit, they'd talk about and show positive trans and LGBTQ+ representation in the game. The character creator shown thus far enforces the gender binary and they only feature a man protagonist in the promo material.

Gotta love gender politics. A few years ago people were arguing that they should have the ability to play as a female protagonist in more games. And that's fine. Now it seems having the ability to choose male or female is problematic and what we really need is a generic human model and a slider so that we can pick and choose characteristics.

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #21804 on: June 12, 2019, 07:18:40 PM »
I'm surprised nobody mentioned that Trump is in Poland right now

I'm sure he's *really* there to have a game design meeting with CDPR, so they can go over how to insert MORE sneaky anti-LGBT stuff into the game.

benjipwns

« Reply #21805 on: June 12, 2019, 07:20:03 PM »
Gotta love gender politics. A few years ago people were arguing that they should have the ability to play as a female protagonist in more games. And that's fine. Now it seems having the ability to choose male or female is problematic and what we really need is a generic human model and a slider so that we can pick and choose characteristics.
The gender (or whatever) slider should do nothing visible to the character model and change the game in no way but should have five hundred labels change as you move it on the create menu.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #21806 on: June 12, 2019, 07:20:23 PM »
Those calculating bastards saw this coming and had the artist on standby to deflect criticism.

These calculating bastards knew we'd throw a hissy fit over an in-game advertisement for a fake fictional corporation in a work in progress video of a game that doesn't ship for another 10 months or so.
Sneaky CD Project Red set-up this entire event called E3 to have journalists ask their art director about it. Just shows how much efforts these bigots put into their hatred.

:shaking
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #21807 on: June 12, 2019, 07:21:19 PM »
Those calculating bastards saw this coming and had the artist on standby to deflect criticism.

These calculating bastards knew we'd throw a hissy fit over an in-game advertisement for a fake fictional corporation in a work in progress video of a game that doesn't ship for another 10 months or so.
Sneaky CD Project Red set-up this entire event called E3 to have journalists ask their art director about it. Just shows how much efforts these bigots put into their hatred.
Even better? The ad was in LAST YEARS footage. Nobody apparently noticed.

stufte

« Reply #21808 on: June 12, 2019, 07:21:51 PM »

Even better? The ad was in LAST YEARS footage.

They only noticed it because of the wonders of RTX.

PogiJones

« Reply #21809 on: June 12, 2019, 07:22:11 PM »
Quote from: Finale Fireworker
There are so many kinds of people, with so many different stories, who without this community would have nowhere else to go. I have learned things and connected with people I'd never have known were it not for this community. I have made friends I can barely remember what it was like to not know. I have grown a lot with the people here. I am who I am, in part, because of all of you. I would take the worst days here over the best days anywhere else because, no matter what, I believe we will always try to be better.

We must continue to work together to create a community that serves the ideals we were founded on. This is a group effort. We all have to live up to our own expectations and believe that we, together, are what make this experience meaningful. This is a challenge we should always rise to. This is a journey that should never end. There is no place else like us, and nowhere else that tries, but we are here and we try and that counts.

We must love each other. We are all we have.

All my love to you all.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #21810 on: June 12, 2019, 07:22:14 PM »
Is there another place of discussion with real activity that one could go to?
I wish.

Why would you want more activity? More activity just means more sneaky alt-right nazis, ruining everything. That's why the Bore is perfect, we've only got like 12 or 15 active Nazis, tops.
©@©™

benjipwns

« Reply #21811 on: June 12, 2019, 07:23:29 PM »
They only noticed it because of the wonders of RTX.