Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 4200200 times)

VomKriege

• Do the moron
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #31200 on: July 20, 2019, 02:49:38 PM »
Are they really doing mod sponsored doxxxing of a 14 year old girl because she said racist things on the internet

It's easier to eradicate invasive species before they grow & fester, comrade.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #31201 on: July 20, 2019, 02:58:07 PM »
See, they're not even close to being poor. They earn about triple what we do, but all the spend it on is junk food. One of them drinks about 6 bottles of coke A DAY!

Her being a lazy friend is not gonna be a problem for too long. :fbm Even if it's just the 50cl ones it's fucking extreme and not in the nineties sense.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/my-friends-are-f-king-lazy.130141/#post-22915751

Mind your business? I assume they have lives/things going on.

::)
That's his friends and it's about their shared activity every weekend they had for 6 years.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 03:35:39 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #31202 on: July 20, 2019, 03:08:18 PM »
Jesus, give them some rest. They have a life too.
Excuse me? It's every Friday and they ask us to see them. Because they can't be bothered to do anything, we just walk to their places.

What is this thing you call friends, hoo-man ? :cat

https://www.resetera.com/threads/my-friends-are-f-king-lazy.130141/post-22916035

That thread is low-key hilarious on the first page. People rushing to either try to find some deeper justification for laziness and / or blaming the OP somehow.
:lol

Who gives a shit, get new friends if it bothers you that much.

They don’t like to do what you like to do, mind your own business and find other friends

:neogaf

Are we the shut-in incels ?

If they cared about the friendship they would make time not excuses.

Agonizing over their their perceived laziness or judging them for their dietary choices is on you and the original poster.

But I also detect an eagerness to shame them for their lifestyle to a bunch of strangers on the internet from you.

Good post, especially the acceptance part. Some people choose to live their life differently than we do, and it's easy to want to label it as bad or wrong, but it's their choice/life.

It's certainly a bad habit. But how does mocking the person on the internet help? It's desire to fulfill our own ego.

SHE'S POSSIBLY DRINKING 3 TO 9 (PERHAPS 12) LITERS OF COKE EVERY DAY AND KILLING HERSELF IT'S AN ADDICTION NOT A DIETARY CHOICE. IT'S OBVIOUSLY PERTINENT TO THE FACT THEY CAN'T SEEM TO MAKE ANY PROLONGED PHYSICAL EFFORT.

:insane :stop
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 03:32:50 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #31203 on: July 20, 2019, 03:32:27 PM »
My friends are all dirt poor, which kind of creates a similar effect.

I have a few people from high school i'm still friends with and they're all lazy and/or poor.

Also what the fuck at confusing and equating the two ?
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #31204 on: July 20, 2019, 03:37:07 PM »
Maybe they're just normal adults and tired all the time and don't want to deal with other people

Poe's Law, not sure if you're joking... but going by the OP, not really.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #31206 on: July 20, 2019, 03:43:38 PM »
Infidelity thread got locked.

Content in the OP will not lead to any meaningful discussion.

Also, have more sensibility in the future when thinking about making a thread like this.

What does it even mean ?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/infidelity.130101/post-22915128
ὕβρις

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #31207 on: July 20, 2019, 03:49:04 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ruler-of-poland-declares-lgbt-ideology-threat-to-countrys-existence-provinces-pushed-to-declare-themselves-lgbt-free.130156/post-22919182

Quote from: Agar25
Say it louder so Gaming side can hear it

:hyper

I'd just like to mention that CDPRs crime is to have said "Did you just assume their gender?"

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #31208 on: July 20, 2019, 03:52:41 PM »
Why are people caping so hard against basic decency?

Because armchair film critics are one of the worst parts of popular culture.

And what the fuck do you think 95% of ERA qualify as exactly ?
Jesus I'm a self hating movie buff but the combined flagellation / smugness is off the charts. Horseshoe elitism theory is real.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/daisy-ridley-discusses-vicious-fan-entitlement-social-media-god-complexes-and-rude-fan-behavior.129680/post-22917025
ὕβρις

paprikastaude

« Reply #31209 on: July 20, 2019, 03:55:27 PM »

the last bastion of progressive thought on the entire planet that understands the holiness of our disney overlords. but only off topic side, I heard gaming votes trump (some of them even still buy games from Japan and Poland, holy fuck).

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #31210 on: July 20, 2019, 03:58:53 PM »
Why are people caping so hard against basic decency?

Because armchair film critics are one of the worst parts of popular culture.

Jesus I'm a self hating movie buff but the combined flagellation / smugness is off the charts. Horseshoe elitism theory is real.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/daisy-ridley-discusses-vicious-fan-entitlement-social-media-god-complexes-and-rude-fan-behavior.129680/post-22917025

Borderline personality disorder  :smug

jorma

« Reply #31211 on: July 20, 2019, 04:13:36 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ruler-of-poland-declares-lgbt-ideology-threat-to-countrys-existence-provinces-pushed-to-declare-themselves-lgbt-free.130156/post-22919182

Quote from: Agar25
Say it louder so Gaming side can hear it

:hyper

I'd just like to mention that CDPRs crime is to have said "Did you just assume their gender?"

In reality they're probably quite progressive as a company, even if there's bound to be a few actual bigots working there.

But:
“Of course. It’s a very sensitive and important subject I believe. We have put a lot of thought into this. One of the things we want to do in the final game (which we couldn’t show in the demo yet, because as you mentioned it’s a work in progress) is to give the players as many options of customization in the beginning of the game as we can.

For example, we want to do this thing where, as you create your character, after you choose the body type, you can, for example, use physical traits as you build your face that could be assigned to a man or a woman.

Or nonbinary. The idea is to mix all of those up, to give them to the players, as they would like to build it. Same goes for the voice. We wanted to separate this out, so the players can choose it freely. This is something we are still working on, it’s not as easy as it sounds.

This is one part of it. In terms of how we depict the characters within the setting itself, of course, yes, we are paying a lot of attention to it, we do not want anyone to feel like we are neglecting this, or treating it wrongly.”

This seems like everything they've been hoping for since bioware romance options, but what do i know.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #31212 on: July 20, 2019, 04:14:29 PM »
It's amazing to me how my approach (and I would imagine those of most Boreans) and theirs could be couched in the same rhetoric but so diametrically divergent in the conclusion they lead to.
ὕβρις

Boredfrom

« Reply #31213 on: July 20, 2019, 04:26:43 PM »
Wow, those comments in YT about the Witcher series  :doge . Thought it makes extra funny the like and dislike bar pretty much tells a different story  :mueller .

I feel that proves how little that eurosceptic segment matters, and how RE feeling threatened by those shitposters is pretty petty.

Anti-Monitor

« Reply #31215 on: July 20, 2019, 04:40:09 PM »
All joking and shitposting aside, it's honestly disgusting that you have a grown-ass man explicitly and unequivocally saying how it's okay to bully a teenager online and he dares to act as if he has any sort of moral high ground. Hell, he belongs to a similar-minded community in which they all act the same way. And her great crime was... saying a mean word on the Internet? Hell, a private/semi-private Discord?

This is even removing the context of the guy who recently commited suicide due to similar online abuse. This fucker was already called out for making light of this situation and here he is doing the same shit AGAIN. These people aren't just disgusting, they fucking live for this rush of making people feel miserable. Then if they take it too far it's just "woops, sorry", then rinse and repeat.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #31216 on: July 20, 2019, 04:59:40 PM »
I think a lot of internet users are very manipulative... or perhaps easily manipulated. Just today I saw very charged words in regards to the Nintendo Switch's NES library.

People feel like SNES games should have come to Switch so the charged phrase is "preserving history", when the reality is that they're arguing for instant access to video games. It's disingenuous.

Again and again with Star Wars fans I don't see these charged words for manipulation, instead I see parroting dog whistles.

They might hear something from an Angry Youtuber or "only semi-alt-right" YouTubers (RedLetterMedia) to "critique" female characters...Holdo, Rey, Rose... when in reality they simply don't like women with agency infecting the brand they're comfortable with.

I'm not sure if it's disingenuous, or perhaps they're being manipulated by those who take advantage of the YouTube algorithms to push political ideology, but it has to stop.

If you find yourself constantly critiquing Holdo, Rose, and Rey you have to ask yourself if you're being sexist... or if the media you watch is simply influencing you to parrot these ideas in the aims of their own alt-right political agenda.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/daisy-ridley-discusses-vicious-fan-entitlement-social-media-god-complexes-and-rude-fan-behavior.129680/page-13#post-22921032
ὕβρις

Boredfrom

« Reply #31217 on: July 20, 2019, 05:01:26 PM »
I think a lot of internet users are very manipulative... or perhaps easily manipulated. Just today I saw very charged words in regards to the Nintendo Switch's NES library.

People feel like SNES games should have come to Switch so the charged phrase is "preserving history", when the reality is that they're arguing for instant access to video games. It's disingenuous.

Again and again with Star Wars fans I don't see these charged words for manipulation, instead I see parroting dog whistles.

They might hear something from an Angry Youtuber or "only semi-alt-right" YouTubers (RedLetterMedia) to "critique" female characters...Holdo, Rey, Rose... when in reality they simply don't like women with agency infecting the brand they're comfortable with.

I'm not sure if it's disingenuous, or perhaps they're being manipulated by those who take advantage of the YouTube algorithms to push political ideology, but it has to stop.

If you find yourself constantly critiquing Holdo, Rose, and Rey you have to ask yourself if you're being sexist... or if the media you watch is simply influencing you to parrot these ideas in the aims of their own alt-right political agenda.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/daisy-ridley-discusses-vicious-fan-entitlement-social-media-god-complexes-and-rude-fan-behavior.129680/page-13#post-22921032

That dude Avatar.  :lol

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #31218 on: July 20, 2019, 05:10:47 PM »
Spoiler: Beef isn't even black. He's Latino (or mixed).

Did you just assume his ethnicity? wow. Mods plz.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #31219 on: July 20, 2019, 05:15:20 PM »
Uncle

BikeJesus

« Reply #31220 on: July 20, 2019, 05:15:40 PM »
New Best of the Worst released this morning. The final shot for the credits?

They ain't slick.

paprikastaude

« Reply #31221 on: July 20, 2019, 05:18:54 PM »
if only all of these semi alt rights weren't manipulated so easily and finally stopped criticizing the beautiful and important products of our nintendisney gods :brazilcry

Uncle

• Have You Ever
Uncle

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #31223 on: July 20, 2019, 05:20:58 PM »
Just because you've seen a piece of media someone has been in that doesn't magically grant you the rapport to walk up and ambush them with your personal feelings on the matter.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/daisy-ridley-discusses-vicious-fan-entitlement-social-media-god-complexes-and-rude-fan-behavior.129680/page-13#post-22922254

Unless I'm mistaken, here's the full recollection of this specific incident by Daisy Ridley in the article :

"I was at my friend’s birthday," she recalls, "and one of her friends, who I barely know, was like, 'Hey, really liked the first Star Wars. Didn’t really like the second one,' and I thought, 'That’s rude, dude! That’s my job!'"

AMBUSH !

Yes the article contrasts it with the online mob mentality but just from the wording itself it would seem pretty clear it's several magnitudes less aggressive than "bullied off of social media by racist and sexist rhetoric and threats", "targeted campaigns", "vicious discussions" or "online harassment".
ὕβρις

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #31224 on: July 20, 2019, 05:21:48 PM »
if only all of these semi alt rights weren't manipulated so easily and finally stopped criticizing the beautiful and important products of our purity tested nintendisney gods :brazilcry

Well it is quite telling if you criticize the only female characters in film history that ever had agency

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #31225 on: July 20, 2019, 05:26:04 PM »
Just because you've seen a piece of media someone has been in that doesn't magically grant you the rapport to walk up and ambush them with your personal feelings on the matter.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/daisy-ridley-discusses-vicious-fan-entitlement-social-media-god-complexes-and-rude-fan-behavior.129680/page-13#post-22922254

Unless I'm mistaken, here's the full recollection of this specific incident by Daisy Ridley in the article :

"I was at my friend’s birthday," she recalls, "and one of her friends, who I barely know, was like, 'Hey, really liked the first Star Wars. Didn’t really like the second one,' and I thought, 'That’s rude, dude! That’s my job!'"

AMBUSH !

Yes the article contrasts it with the online mob mentality but just from the wording itself it would seem pretty clear it's several magnitudes less aggressive than "bullied off of social media by racist and sexist rhetoric and threats", "targeted campaigns", "vicious discussions" or "online harassment".

one of her friends, who I barely know

when you barely know someone this means you've probably been at a party with them a couple of times and exchanged a few words?  this isn't "a stranger ran up and started criticizing me" this is "someone finally found me approachable enough to talk about the movies I've been in"
Uncle

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #31226 on: July 20, 2019, 05:31:24 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/first-photo-of-army-of-the-dead.130178/

why are all the woman wearing a tanktop
Exposed brachial arteries

sigh

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #31227 on: July 20, 2019, 05:51:09 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/what-is-it-with-people-freaking-out-overreacting-over-small-age-gaps-in-dating.130201/

OP : "This is specifically about small age gaps between two partners in a relationships."

By the end of page 1 : Huge debate about "30-40yo dating young adults is sus."
ὕβρις

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #31228 on: July 20, 2019, 05:57:28 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/first-photo-of-army-of-the-dead.130178/

(Image removed from quote.)

why are all the woman wearing a tanktop
Exposed brachial arteries

How dare a zombie movie stray so far from realism

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 06:31:20 PM by railGUN »
Fish<

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #31230 on: July 20, 2019, 06:05:38 PM »
18 v 21 isn't very weird. They're from the same generation with similar culture backgrounds and unless there's massive socio-economic disparities they are roughly social equals. The chance of power abuse is low.

Sounds fun.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/what-is-it-with-people-freaking-out-overreacting-over-small-age-gaps-in-dating.130201/page-2#post-22923922
ὕβρις

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31231 on: July 20, 2019, 06:07:02 PM »
LMAO this whole thing is already a trainwreck between two people desperate for attention
https://twitter.com/JasminaAlstonTV/status/1152684640844558341

:lol
🤴

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #31232 on: July 20, 2019, 06:07:27 PM »
Dating a girl with massive socio-economic disparities. :lawd
©@©™

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #31233 on: July 20, 2019, 06:09:53 PM »
ὕβρις

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31234 on: July 20, 2019, 06:22:36 PM »
She looks completely unhinged next to Trump's next *rolls dice* Acting Secretary of State.
🤴

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #31235 on: July 20, 2019, 06:22:53 PM »
The 18 age of consent is a arbitrary point, if you are way older than you are taking advantage of a technicality of the law rather than following the spirit of the law.

:whatisthis :idont

https://www.resetera.com/threads/what-is-it-with-people-freaking-out-overreacting-over-small-age-gaps-in-dating.130201/post-22924221
ὕβρις

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
« Reply #31236 on: July 20, 2019, 06:25:54 PM »
When I was in college, I dated a high-school chick. Married her, too.

:trumps
Fish<

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #31237 on: July 20, 2019, 06:37:03 PM »
would you take advantage of this deal if you saw it?

what if you made a post saying you would participate in the amazon boycott, then someone sent you a link to a $1000 camera for $100?
I think hurting Amazon's bottom line is more important than boycotting.

:salute

https://www.resetera.com/threads/businessinsider-prime-day-glitch-leads-to-thousands-of-dollars-of-camera-equiment-for-94-50.129758/post-22862276
ὕβρις

nudemacusers

« Reply #31238 on: July 20, 2019, 07:35:31 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/2-years-ago-chester-bennington-killed-himself-at-his-home.130116/
They had already stopped contributing to those soundtracks, with the last one being six years before he died and with two Transformers movies filmed in between that time, so I don't believe your comment was in good faith.
Gottem :ufup
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #31239 on: July 20, 2019, 07:36:39 PM »
When I was in college, I dated a high-school chick. Married her, too.

:trumps

Calling the cops rn
©@©™

Jansen

« Reply #31240 on: July 20, 2019, 07:59:29 PM »

Jansen

« Reply #31241 on: July 20, 2019, 08:03:04 PM »
I'm sure people didn't want to get paid for their work anyways let the white man shoulder that burden and get the place shut down

Boredfrom

« Reply #31243 on: July 20, 2019, 09:31:01 PM »
Oh man, those Marvel announcements... RE and the comicsgate distinguished mentally-challenged fellows are going to be way more insufferable.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #31244 on: July 20, 2019, 09:42:21 PM »

:nice

I need to learn how to feather edges :hmph

I used to use magic wand a lot but I don't like the really jagged fuzzy edges you get with that like around his fingers

it's not too hard to use the line selection tool and just draw a lot of really short lines, it looks good enough
Uncle

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #31245 on: July 20, 2019, 10:05:47 PM »
Usually what I do is add a transparent background and then erase the part of the image I don't need. Save as .png to preserve the transparent portions.
dog

blame space

« Reply #31246 on: July 20, 2019, 10:08:17 PM »
you guys are nerds

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #31247 on: July 20, 2019, 10:12:48 PM »
 :curious

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #31248 on: July 20, 2019, 10:29:24 PM »
el em ay oh
dog

thetylerrob

« Reply #31249 on: July 20, 2019, 10:39:05 PM »

:shaking :trigger :shaking :trigger :shaking

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #31250 on: July 20, 2019, 10:54:50 PM »
Quote from: kirblar
I don't understand crimes during heat waves. That's too much work, it's too hot
It's very much a real phenomeon that shows up in studies, it's probably a human biology being weird thing.
Lol. Yup, people becoming agitated when it's hot is a total mystery at the edge of modern science
It's like the full moon. Ask anyone who works in an emergency department in a hospital about that.
Spud

agrajag

« Reply #31251 on: July 20, 2019, 11:21:22 PM »
Quote from: Loan Wolf
Wrong forum to rant

Leadbelly

« Reply #31252 on: July 20, 2019, 11:25:27 PM »
Ethics in bathwater?

Belle Delphine told me she will sell me her toenail clippings. I want to make jewellery out of it. I will masturbate while wearing it.

agrajag

« Reply #31253 on: July 20, 2019, 11:28:58 PM »
Ethics in bathwater?

Belle Delphine told me she will sell me her toenail clippings. I want to make jewellery out of it. I will masturbate while wearing it.

careful, that's how you unlock the portal to the hell dimension

blame space

« Reply #31254 on: July 20, 2019, 11:30:59 PM »
Ethics in bathwater?

careful, that's how macuser spends his Saturday nights.

Leadbelly

« Reply #31255 on: July 20, 2019, 11:32:12 PM »
Ethics in bathwater?

I already did that when I placed locks of her hair into the shape of a pentagram and burned it. Incidentally, the smell of burnt hair isn't particularly nice. Probably should have thought it through in hindsight.

Jansen

« Reply #31256 on: July 20, 2019, 11:33:09 PM »
Ussr Banned (1 Day): unnecessary hostility, use of ableist language and meme

:thinking

agrajag

« Reply #31257 on: July 20, 2019, 11:34:54 PM »
Ethics in bathwater?

I already did that when I placed locks of her hair into the shape of a pentagram and burned it. Incidentally, the smell of burnt hair isn't particularly nice. Probably should have thought it through in hindsight.

True. I hate that smell every time I singe my arm hairs when I'm cooking

spoiler (click to show/hide)
gotta keep up the long con of pretending to be a low paid chef to gaslight James
[close]

Leadbelly

« Reply #31258 on: July 20, 2019, 11:38:52 PM »
Ethics in bathwater?

True. I hate that smell every time I singe my arm hairs when I'm cooking

spoiler (click to show/hide)
gotta keep up the long con of pretending to be a low paid chef to gaslight James
[close]

Yeah. I remember the smell when I singed my pubic hair. That was a crazy night.

Seriously though, singed hair does smell horrible.

BadAss2961

« Reply #31259 on: July 20, 2019, 11:41:23 PM »
 :shaking :trigger :shaking :trigger :shaking
ERA should just make a Marvel subforum and keep all that shit there.