Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3952778 times)

Tasty

Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #44280 on: September 11, 2019, 09:56:15 PM »
That's such a shockingly nerdy name for a company.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #44281 on: September 11, 2019, 09:58:41 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/would-gamestop-be-in-a-better-state-if-they-respected-customers.140341/

ctrl+F "pawn" not found

spoiler (click to show/hide)
two results on all six pages :doge
[close]

Thinking GAMERS are worthy of respect? Not a good yikes dawg look to die on.
©@©™

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #44282 on: September 11, 2019, 10:01:05 PM »
There should be a quiz where you guess if a company's name is "nerd reason" or "corporate PR with three paragraph explanation of the meaning" and it's all just nonsense words like that.

benjipwns

« Reply #44283 on: September 11, 2019, 10:21:57 PM »
Is it better or worse than Zoe Quinn‘s book?
Worse.

Zoe's book is so amazing her mom wrote a review trying to smear her and her brilliance.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #44284 on: September 11, 2019, 10:33:28 PM »
https://www.thedailybeast.com/anduril-palmer-luckeys-surveillance-startup-is-already-worth-dollar1b-report

Within the span of two years, Oculus founder Palmer Luckey was ousted from his lofty seat atop Facebook’s virtual reality division, launched his own defense startup, and started scooping up hard-to-come-by federal contracts. Now, CNBC reports that Luckey’s company, named Anduril after a sword from The Lord of the Rings, is already valued at $1 billion.

According to CNBC, blue chip venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz is throwing some money into the mix, participating in a fresh round of fundraising for Anduril’s booming surveillance technology hardware suite.

Where's the resetera thread?  :doge

I'm impressed that he managed to catch that lightning twice. (Though also a lot easier when you can pump your own millions into it)

I do want the Tolkien estate to sue him for that name though
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 10:38:31 PM by HaughtyFrank »

benjipwns

« Reply #44285 on: September 11, 2019, 10:42:06 PM »
pretty sure the Tolkien estate is alt-right too

benjipwns

PogiJones

« Reply #44287 on: September 11, 2019, 11:08:45 PM »
Tolkien estate can't even publicly denounce the actual Sauron destroying the world at this very moment.

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #44288 on: September 11, 2019, 11:16:48 PM »
Israel did 9/11

daemon

« Reply #44289 on: September 11, 2019, 11:43:08 PM »
Is it better or worse than Zoe Quinn‘s book?
Worse.

Zoe's book is so amazing her mom wrote a review trying to smear her and her brilliance.
(Image removed from quote.)

sorry mom, got a truck full of money waiting for me but first I must run you over.

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #44290 on: September 11, 2019, 11:51:54 PM »
Another suicide thread
:O

benjipwns

« Reply #44291 on: September 11, 2019, 11:54:24 PM »
Hobbes going after that The Bire demographic:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/just-ordered-6-chalupas-and-a-crunch-wrap-supreme-ask-me-anything.140531/
I wasn’t lying when I asked Taco Bell to dick me. It’s been a day.

benjipwns

« Reply #44292 on: September 11, 2019, 11:55:16 PM »
Quote from: Hobbes
steak or beef chalupas?
I didn’t fucking know they had steak what the FUCK
Like the war it's based on...

benjipwns

« Reply #44293 on: September 12, 2019, 12:00:39 AM »
does Itchyosaurus get paid for running interference for The Party or is this for free because he's a true believer?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/nc-house-of-reps-holds-surprise-vote-while-dems-at-9-11-ceremony-to-override-gov-coopers-veto-after-promising-dems-that-no-vote-would-take-place.140410/post-24447626
This is disingenuous. The Dems got outwitted because they have principles and you're blaming them for it. That's exactly what the Republicans want you to do so you'll be less motivated to vote for them when they need it.
None of these will be done on a video game forum.
Why are so you focused on the Democrats when the GOP did something horrible? Sure the Dems made a mistake, that's logical, except don't over react when they do this. It's not the end of the world.

Shit like this will continue to happen when the GOP get more votes than Democrats, and that Democrats are human - something I would have thought you'd want in elected officials.

Nobody is telling you to shut up, it's how you're taking them to task which people are disagreeing about.

The thing about fighting back against the GOP is you have to fight, not attacking the Dems because they're seen as an easier target.
You're not going to pressure Dems here, is my point. You lose nothing by castigated the GOP as they should be. Everyone here knows that but too many would rather go nuclear on a Democrat when a Republican does something bad. Complain anyway, but it should be in proportion, the Dems failed they didn't earn the majority of your anger on this.
Reacting in proportion to what the Dems did is not telling anyone to shut up, it's being rational. Your position only makes sense if you think Democrats are just as bad as Republicans.

Strawman. The Dems deserve some criticism, going overboard just does the Republicans work for them to depress turnout. Which has been going on for a while now in political threads. Criticism has a certain meaning, it's not what you're doing.

This isn't about me "feeling better," no politician is going to swayed by what we say on a video game forum. And even if you were right the GOP will lose by being fought not running away from them. Something you're chiding the Democrats for doing in NC.
Will blaming the Democrats do that?

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #44294 on: September 12, 2019, 12:01:43 AM »
Another suicide thread
I would tell them to just do it, but they'd probably fuck that up too.
Spud

benjipwns

« Reply #44295 on: September 12, 2019, 12:03:08 AM »
It's the dude with schizophrenia and the Michelin Star: https://www.resetera.com/threads/ive-screwed-up-my-life.140538/
I've stopped cutting my skin. It started to hurt for the first time with new medicine. I still see all the scars, and I remember the first time I ever felt the urge to kill. I was homeless and it was hot. I was walking up Newbury St and suddenly I was so angry, and I realized I hated someone so much, and when I thought about everyone else. I loved everyone else. I still do. I just hated myself. I am someone who can be murdered.

I've been noticing that I always feel like I just watch from a distance as every horror in my life unfolds.
I feel like I've been split into so many different parts. I can never feel fully there in a moment, there's always this lingering dissonance.

I think something is going to go wrong soon, and I'm going to go wrong too, right into the trash, like spoiled milk. For the last eight or so years I've lived off of milk and junk food.

I think, there are all these very dark horror stories of just everyday lives in the world, and I'm living one of them, with every nightmare coming true. I have this childish side to me, that almost has died, which holds onto all the happy endings. It's like something gone cold that I'm trying to feel for.

I was writing a few days ago how similar life feels to being in Auschwitz. I was reading primo Levi. You just get the illusion of choice. It maybe more harmful than being given no choice at all.

I wish I had no choice.
I wish I wasn't now being crushed by things I have chosen, things which will faill, as I will fail, as my strength will give.

I don't know what holds me here. Sometimes I just wander randomly to places and live like a shadow.

It's so unreal how no one in NYC feels real to me. I feel like everyone is so impossibly far away. I see a therapist. She tells me to learn to think positively.

I'm sitting at the Oculus by the 9/11 memorial. I want to feel anything but feat.

benjipwns

« Reply #44296 on: September 12, 2019, 12:06:28 AM »
User Banned (duration pending): Inflammatory comment; Defending and downplaying a military coup, Inflammatory generalizations.

Would Chile rather be a clustefuck like the rest of LATAM? Chile being the only kinda development country of the region doesn't happen without this date. This isn't praise to Pinochet. Just stating a fact. I don't get the rose tinted glasses view for Allende both were scum, you can and should hate and reject both.

benjipwns

« Reply #44297 on: September 12, 2019, 12:08:37 AM »
User Banned (3 days): advocating piracy

Agreed for ROMs of games no longer for official sale, but this site was offering Switch and 3DS ROMs. Let them burn

james

« Reply #44298 on: September 12, 2019, 12:21:14 AM »
'downplaying a military coup' is my new favorite ban message

james

« Reply #44299 on: September 12, 2019, 12:22:33 AM »
Another suicide thread
I would tell them to just do it, but they'd probably fuck that up too.

I don't understand why they want to go out in such a lame way like jumping off a bridge.

Why not take out a few NC GOP party members on your way out? Make the world a better place at least

benjipwns

« Reply #44300 on: September 12, 2019, 12:55:18 AM »
we 👏 are 👏 all 👏 nonviolent 👏 liberals 👏 here 👏 not 👏 violent 👏 underage 👏 squid 👏 fetishists 👏

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #44301 on: September 12, 2019, 01:15:24 AM »
nice going you guys driving off BanBot

Oh, did BorkMan finally ban AutistBot? :rejoice :rejoice :rejoice

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #44302 on: September 12, 2019, 01:20:35 AM »
Any thoughts about RIver City girls? I’ve seen the character designs and they look amazing but since i heard about the secret ending i just don’t wanna touch this game :/
stay safe
The further the fucks of Ree stays away from nekketsu games the better, float away bitches.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #44303 on: September 12, 2019, 01:42:39 AM »
User Warned: inflammatory comparison

Seriously. The Star Citizen shit posting is out of hand on this forum. It’s like some of you guys are putting together a CV for the Trump Administration. Mods need to start considering bans for this shit.

Quote from: Crossing Eden
It seriously sucks that shitposting is straight up allowed in SC threads. :/
ὕβρις

bluemax

« Reply #44304 on: September 12, 2019, 02:04:07 AM »
NO

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #44305 on: September 12, 2019, 02:08:42 AM »
'but you are not the cops, not a court of law' but the twitter mobs are? lol

benjipwns

« Reply #44306 on: September 12, 2019, 02:12:34 AM »

:drudge

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #44307 on: September 12, 2019, 02:13:38 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

:drudge
so he finally made that rpgmaker game he threatened us all with huh

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #44308 on: September 12, 2019, 02:22:11 AM »
lol any jackhole can futz around in unity these days and call themselves an "indie dev"

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #44309 on: September 12, 2019, 02:28:10 AM »
lol any jackhole can futz around in unity these days and call themselves an "indie dev"

And you can’t even do that much :juicy
Margs

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #44310 on: September 12, 2019, 02:30:52 AM »

And you can’t even do that much :juicy

You son of a bitch.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #44311 on: September 12, 2019, 02:37:50 AM »
whats the word for when somethings standards for acceptance continue to drop and by doing so make a mockery of that thing, but its not doing that because the initial thing was itself a joke?

oh yea, verafied

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #44312 on: September 12, 2019, 02:45:01 AM »
So who wants to tell Jaffe about NeoGAF: https://twitter.com/davidscottjaffe/status/1172018105716883456

He should know himself. He was featured in that Gametrailers NeoGaf documentary whem GT was still a thing.

Edit: top of the page
spoiler (click to show/hide)
nothing
[close]

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #44313 on: September 12, 2019, 03:00:54 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/are-ironic-western-visual-novels-hurting-the-vn-genre.140318/post-24452267

The KFC game is really obviously a parody of games made for women, but targeted at men. Even if it ends up good and fun, it's hard for me to not see it as a part of the systemic delegitimization of games made for/by women. The same way media made for women is delegitimized in every other medium! It's pretty gross!

It's kind of fucked up!

But also not exactly your fault, because the current gaming landscape doesn't really facilitate exposure to much outside of the primary gamer demographic.

Which is even more fucked up!
ὕβρις

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #44314 on: September 12, 2019, 03:05:16 AM »
Nahhh.

Vaporwave survived even after all the parodies because it actually was a worthy genre

Same goes for otome games which I presume those 2 quotes are talking about. Cause VN all around encompasses the male and female demographic in general.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #44315 on: September 12, 2019, 03:14:28 AM »
vaporwave <3 future funk <3 synthwave <3

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #44316 on: September 12, 2019, 03:50:56 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/president-shitface-wants-to-throw-homeless-people-into-concentration-camps.140481/post-24443264

Can we round up all the republicans and put them in cages indefinitely instead?

Let's genocide them before they genocide us!  - A Great American Hero
sigh

benjipwns

« Reply #44317 on: September 12, 2019, 04:31:36 AM »
So when do people stop saying I am the problem because I keep saying the Dems do nothing and we need to take more action?

Like it or not we’re getting to the “there was no one left when they came for me stage” and everyone still sitting on their asses.
This is the 42 year old guy who said the Adult Swim comic was literally murdering him and he didn't care what the author intended. He's never clear on what exactly he wants done to stop Mike Stoklasa's race war.

Krejlooc is verafled now. shinobi602 has a video series on The Escapist. This guy has picked up where Phantom Thief abandoned us with Wii U vs. other consoles poll threads. And this guy never stopped with his Nintendo fan fiction threads. Other than voting straight-ticket Democrat forever, if you remember to, what more is there to do? Well, okay, there's ceaselessly defending The Party against those who criticize it and therefore suppress the vote on "video game" forums. That's not sitting on their ass. Well, okay, it is literally, but not figuratively, the best type of action.

Crash Dummy

• teleiophile
« Reply #44318 on: September 12, 2019, 05:10:51 AM »
sorry benji but you're not out there punching nazis in the face 24/7 then you're just not doing your part

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #44319 on: September 12, 2019, 06:03:20 AM »
sorry benji but you're not out there punching nazis in the face 24/7 then you're just not doing your part

He's punching down 24/7 though via blog posts with quoted evidence  :salute

Tektonic

• OG Cracker

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #44321 on: September 12, 2019, 07:05:54 AM »
https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/cyberpunk-2077-studio-explains-how-gender-customisation-works/

I would hate to work at CDPR you're making this potentially groundbreaking game, yet all they want to know is how you're bending the knee to LGBT+

clothedmacuser

« Reply #44322 on: September 12, 2019, 07:43:45 AM »
This isn't even about the OP being the victim so much as it is about the absurd notion that he's the manipulator in this situation. The lack of empathy is staggering and isn't unlike typical responses about prostitutes who are abused "bringing it on themselves".

In fact, the negative sentiment about prostitution here suggests to me that this forum isn't as left-leaning as it's often perceived to be.

Mission : Complete
:ego

https://www.resetera.com/threads/am-i-a-golddigger.140186/post-24419458

So add “you are a Nazi if you don’t fully support prostitution” to their ever growing list of boogeymen.

I fully support prostitution.  Just ask around in Bangkok or Sao Paulo

:ego :salute :snob
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 07:56:35 AM by clothedmacuser »
sigh

BisMarckie

« Reply #44323 on: September 12, 2019, 07:45:05 AM »
Quote from: clothedmacuser link=topic=46206.msg2701123#msg2701123 date=
  Just ask around in Bangkok

Use referral code JAMES for a 10% discount.

Ghoul

« Reply #44324 on: September 12, 2019, 07:47:05 AM »
Code James*

Code James only gets 10% off cheeseburgers*

clothedmacuser

« Reply #44325 on: September 12, 2019, 08:00:17 AM »

I can't wait for Era to find a graphics artist or PR flunky on the team so they have a reason to righteously boycott that game.
sigh

daemon

« Reply #44326 on: September 12, 2019, 08:00:25 AM »
https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/cyberpunk-2077-studio-explains-how-gender-customisation-works/

I would hate to work at CDPR you're making this potentially groundbreaking game, yet all they want to know is how you're bending the knee to LGBT+

work in games in general. Ohhh nice customization you got right there. BUT WHY NO FEMALE OPTION?

Ohh, nice poc representation you got there, BUT WHY NOT THE MAIN CHARACTER?

Ohhhh nice game you got there ticking all the boxes in my hugbox, BUT WHY COULD I FIND A TWEET THAT ONE OF YOUR EMPLOYEES MADE 10 YEARS AGO THAT IS TOTALLY INAPPROPRIATE!?

Ghoul

« Reply #44327 on: September 12, 2019, 08:10:12 AM »

I can't wait for Era to find a graphics artist or PR flunky on the team so they have a reason to righteously boycott that game.

Taking bets of EGS exclusivity I'm thinking high chances.

BisMarckie

« Reply #44328 on: September 12, 2019, 08:25:31 AM »
I bought a copy of FIFA 07 because I was a poor student that couldn’t afford the newest iteration and they put the disc of Fifa 08 in there. #blessed :aah

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #44329 on: September 12, 2019, 08:30:50 AM »

Taking bets of EGS exclusivity I'm thinking high chances.
i see shodan has gotten a makeup upgrade

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #44330 on: September 12, 2019, 08:33:12 AM »
I currently have a shodan desktop, I think i'll switch to newdan, she looks so fierce :lawd

Ghoul

« Reply #44331 on: September 12, 2019, 08:39:15 AM »

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #44332 on: September 12, 2019, 08:40:04 AM »
ὕβρις

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #44333 on: September 12, 2019, 08:59:54 AM »

So you can't make a character with a body type similar to a modern day supermodel AND a massive dong?

Preorder cancelled.

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #44334 on: September 12, 2019, 09:04:27 AM »

fat shaming  :wag :wag :wag

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #44335 on: September 12, 2019, 09:11:06 AM »
Nintendo, bringing you new IPs build around distinguished mentally-challenged controllers since 2007.

« Reply #44336 on: September 12, 2019, 09:13:09 AM »
Finally an interesting exclusive on Switch.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #44337 on: September 12, 2019, 09:16:58 AM »
Finally an interesting exclusive on Switch.

Uncle

marrec

« Reply #44338 on: September 12, 2019, 09:41:25 AM »

Tyler "I sexually assaulted a woman in the shower" Malka is going to being JUSTICE to Alec's family

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #44339 on: September 12, 2019, 09:44:33 AM »
Reinventing himself faster than Madonna.
ὕβρις