Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 4199832 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #50640 on: October 29, 2019, 08:30:24 PM »

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #50641 on: October 29, 2019, 08:34:57 PM »
There's some sort of Penthouse forum/milf fantasy/larp thing going on over at NaziGAF right now. Does anyone believe that a single member of that site had got any closer to actual sex with a human woman than the shower goblin himself did?

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/is-she-playing-with-me.1508668/
Spud

thetylerrob

« Reply #50642 on: October 29, 2019, 08:35:13 PM »
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

benjipwns

« Reply #50643 on: October 29, 2019, 08:39:15 PM »
Coppola thinks spending a billion dollars producing just two movies isn't risky, eh

BisMarckie

« Reply #50644 on: October 29, 2019, 08:40:15 PM »
FACT CHECK: The state can run on autopilot with a monkey behind the wheel and it wouldn't make any difference
You are not an authorized fact checker on The Bire, please cease and desist from using official The Bire fact checker tools or you will face legal action at The Hague.

Thank you for your cooperation.

FACT CHECK: What‘s next? Needing a license to make toast in my own goddamn toaster?

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #50645 on: October 29, 2019, 08:45:07 PM »
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/would-i-look-like-an-incel-if-i-wore-this-shirt.1508137/

Would I look like an incel if I wore this shirt?

I mean, you're already posting on NaziGAF, why not go the whole hog and embrace your inner incel?
Spud

thetylerrob

« Reply #50646 on: October 29, 2019, 08:53:26 PM »
Quote from:  Poor Underprivileged Illiterate San Francisco Landlord Barely Struggling to get by, tommyz2kool
All my properties are in the SF Bay Area where rent and eviction control exist. The power dynamics favor the tenant here.

Right now I am dealing with a hoarder tenant that will cost around 10k to fix the damage caused by her poor housekeeping habits. This is the second time I'm having to deal with this problem in 5 years btw.

I can't do nothing even though she is the proximate cause of all the issues in her unit because of my exposure to a lawsuit from the tenant. Tenants have access to free legal representation (paid by landlords btw) and landlords have to pay out of pocket for an attorney. The tenant will never have to pay for any of the damage she caused because there is no way to ever collect from her.

There is a reason why so many landlords here are want to convert their buildings to condos and the only reason they don't is because local govt. makes it difficult to do so.

These damn tenants making me work for my free money  :'( :maf

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #50648 on: October 29, 2019, 09:04:08 PM »
https://twitter.com/westantzuyu/status/1189336692618092545

Did I miss something?  Are they going under?
ど助平

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #50649 on: October 29, 2019, 09:06:33 PM »
From what I see, the rank and file are in open revolt and the new ownership/management of Kotaku seem to be on the verge of firing everyone. But it hasn't happened yet.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #50650 on: October 29, 2019, 09:08:13 PM »
i'm no money expert but couldn't that deposit and moving expenses be paid by the two month's of rent they didn't have to pay?

I mean, sure. But it's still kind of a dick move to turn rental houses into AirBnB while tenants are still living there. :doge

#ALAB #ACAB and all that.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #50651 on: October 29, 2019, 09:11:14 PM »
90% of landlords are scum and should be burned at the stake

:trumps

Landlords contribute nothing to this world and they can burn in hell tbh.

it swings both ways

anyone owning rental property will become a piece of shit after being taken advantage of one too many times and getting walked all over

I know a nice lady and her husband in their 70s, they have one home they rent out

they have seen everything, shit smeared on the walls, absolutely no care taken and no fucks given and no deposit possibly able to cover the damages

they have spent so much time and effort getting the place presentable between asshole tenants
Uncle

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #50652 on: October 29, 2019, 09:13:44 PM »
There's a reason you should pay landlord's insurance. I've been lucky, but there are horror stories out there.
Spud

ResetBanBot

« Reply #50653 on: October 29, 2019, 09:14:00 PM »
I like out Deadspin tried to use the fact that outrage clickbait generates clicks as a justification for why they should be allowed to woke-twitter at work.

benjipwns

« Reply #50654 on: October 29, 2019, 09:16:10 PM »
burn 👏 down 👏 the 👏 Bay 👏 Area 👏 and 👏 give 👏 the 👏 land 👏 to 👏 the 👏 unionized 👏 workers 👏 who 👏 live 👏 there 👏 but 👏 not 👏 Uber-Capitalist 👏 Jeff Gerstmann 👏👏

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #50655 on: October 29, 2019, 09:19:57 PM »
Brb, renting out my Sonic bed for sex.
©@©™

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #50656 on: October 29, 2019, 09:20:39 PM »
90% of landlords are scum and should be burned at the stake

:trumps

Landlords contribute nothing to this world and they can burn in hell tbh.

it swings both ways

anyone owning rental property will become a piece of shit after being taken advantage of one too many times and getting walked all over

I know a nice lady and her husband in their 70s, they have one home they rent out

they have seen everything, shit smeared on the walls, absolutely no care taken and no fucks given and no deposit possibly able to cover the damages

they have spent so much time and effort getting the place presentable between asshole tenants

someone I know let their's be used for low income renters, place got trashed by drug addicts
best bet is to be picky, knock off the price for someone who is a good person, plus recommendations are weirdly entwined in it. like, I know someone who was renting out a place, tenant eventually moved out and they recommended someone who was looking for a place and so the next tenant was in soon, networking for a place to live in  :lol

benjipwns

« Reply #50657 on: October 29, 2019, 09:20:43 PM »
I think the only thing that really needs to be said about landlords and renters when it comes to ResetERA.com members specifically is what they thought was an important show of defiance when they decided to move from one forum they didn't own to another they didn't own.

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #50658 on: October 29, 2019, 09:23:21 PM »
Quote from:  Poor Underprivileged Illiterate San Francisco Landlord Barely Struggling to get by, tommyz2kool
All my properties are in the SF Bay Area where rent and eviction control exist. The power dynamics favor the tenant here.

Right now I am dealing with a hoarder tenant that will cost around 10k to fix the damage caused by her poor housekeeping habits. This is the second time I'm having to deal with this problem in 5 years btw.

I can't do nothing even though she is the proximate cause of all the issues in her unit because of my exposure to a lawsuit from the tenant. Tenants have access to free legal representation (paid by landlords btw) and landlords have to pay out of pocket for an attorney. The tenant will never have to pay for any of the damage she caused because there is no way to ever collect from her.

There is a reason why so many landlords here are want to convert their buildings to condos and the only reason they don't is because local govt. makes it difficult to do so.

(Image removed from quote.)

do you think people just wake up one day and find a property to rent out in their ass?

Boredfrom

« Reply #50659 on: October 29, 2019, 09:32:42 PM »
Quote from: chichikov

the best former mod :rejoice

Is funny, you could say this in reverse.

benjipwns

« Reply #50660 on: October 29, 2019, 09:35:19 PM »
do you think people just wake up one day and find a property to rent out in their ass?

thetylerrob

« Reply #50661 on: October 29, 2019, 09:35:35 PM »

As someone that is going to inherit some pretty valuable land some day, I'm gonna say a good portion of them kinda do. Do you think they work their way up to buying the land through hard work, job skills, market research, grit, and determination? Whining about the hardships of owning property in SF is laughable when you have homeless dying of typhus on the streets.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #50662 on: October 29, 2019, 09:36:46 PM »
finally someone will have sex in your bed :dobbs

Boredfrom

« Reply #50663 on: October 29, 2019, 09:37:03 PM »
So people like Shosta and Tylerrob believe that buildings sprout from the earth or every landlord is fucking Donald Trump?  :doge

Boredfrom

« Reply #50664 on: October 29, 2019, 09:39:10 PM »

As someone that is going to inherit some pretty valuable land some day, I'm gonna say a good portion of them kinda do. Do you think they work their way up to buying the land through hard work, job skills, market research, grit, and determination? Whining about the hardships of owning property in SF is laughable when you have homeless dying of typhus on the streets.

Nevermind buying land, building is not a walk in the park, you ass.

benjipwns

« Reply #50665 on: October 29, 2019, 09:40:57 PM »
So people like Shosta and Tylerrob believe that buildings sprout from the earth or every landlord is fucking Donald Trump?  :doge
Read Settlers

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #50666 on: October 29, 2019, 09:41:37 PM »
Won't pretend to know about San Fran, but here? Yeah, I would know since I know them. First gen immigrants who sure as shit didn't inherit anything or start from a point of cushiness.
Busting their ass work multiple low-paying jobs or managing to start a business in a new land. Should they have to slave away to get anywhere? Absolutely not, but I'm not going to knock their hustle or the moxy that got them to a point of "having made it" somewhere without an initial frame of support or privilege to launch from.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #50667 on: October 29, 2019, 09:42:14 PM »
finally someone will have sex in your bed :dobbs

You mean him and demi don't? :thinking

Boredfrom

« Reply #50668 on: October 29, 2019, 09:42:28 PM »
Read Settlers

I’m not white.

benjipwns

« Reply #50669 on: October 29, 2019, 09:42:36 PM »
As someone that is going to inherit some pretty valuable land some day
*makes note in the dossier*

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #50670 on: October 29, 2019, 09:43:16 PM »

Pretty much, there's enough vacant apartment units in L.A. to house every single homeless person in L.A. if the goal is to keep people off the streets. I always roll my eyes on a housing company wanting $2000 for a studio that hasn't been rehabbed in decades and in poor maintenance, or wanting $3000-4000+ for a townhouse that was $1500 a decade earlier.

benjipwns

« Reply #50671 on: October 29, 2019, 09:43:23 PM »
I’m not white.
I'll be the judge of that at The People's Tribunal.

Boredfrom

« Reply #50672 on: October 29, 2019, 09:44:19 PM »
Property owners don't build housing, construction workers do. ::)

Dude...  :snoop :snoop :snoop

Is clear that you have not dealt with builders.

benjipwns

« Reply #50673 on: October 29, 2019, 09:47:43 PM »
Given what I was responding to, are you suggesting that private ownership of basically anything will be going away?
Hopefully, for necessities.
free streaming of MCU films :jeb

benjipwns

« Reply #50674 on: October 29, 2019, 09:49:40 PM »
We throw away vegetables because they are ugly.

Capitalism is a special brand of wastefulness.
Kurdel is a special brand of poster.

benjipwns

« Reply #50675 on: October 29, 2019, 09:50:56 PM »
how long until the " is it unethical to own a small business" thread
I think ResetERA.com LLC might not allow that thread. But that's just a hunch.

thetylerrob

« Reply #50676 on: October 29, 2019, 09:51:01 PM »

Lol this post ->  :hhh :jeanluc

No need to be so defensive dude we’re just talking shit on the internet, just enjoy that feel of having very minor struggles compared to a lot of people. It’s not that deep.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
P.S. Kill all landlords
[close]

blame space

« Reply #50677 on: October 29, 2019, 09:51:07 PM »
private property is bullshit

Boredfrom

« Reply #50678 on: October 29, 2019, 09:51:46 PM »
Dude...  :snoop :snoop :snoop

Is clear that you have not dealt with builders.
I don't understand what you're saying :lol

My family is trying to build a very small apartment building but all work on it has stopped because the guys that were building it are grifters.

No need to be so defensive dude we’re just talking shit on the internet, just enjoy that feel of having very minor struggles compared to a lot of people. It’s not that deep.

:kermit

Is nice you believe my family is particularly rich or they didn’t have their own fucking struggles.

benjipwns

« Reply #50679 on: October 29, 2019, 09:53:06 PM »
private property is bullshit
User Banbed: (3 days) Advocating piracy

benjipwns

« Reply #50680 on: October 29, 2019, 09:54:17 PM »
My family is trying to build a very small apartment building
Verdict: white.

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #50681 on: October 29, 2019, 09:56:34 PM »
Seize the means of production from your landlord!  Tenants rise up!!

Boredfrom

« Reply #50682 on: October 29, 2019, 09:57:19 PM »
Ooooooh. Now I see why you're so butthurt about my posts. :lol

Haha, is so funny, losing money. All landlords are from San Francisco and not from third world countries having trying to build something in the middle of nowhere.

benjipwns

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #50684 on: October 29, 2019, 09:59:35 PM »

Haha, is so funny, losing money. All landlords are from San Francisco and not from third world countries having trying to build something in the middle of nowhere.

where you at? answer state/province/territory if you don't wanna give that much detail, answer if you want that is

Boredfrom

« Reply #50685 on: October 29, 2019, 10:01:07 PM »

where you at? answer state/province/territory if you don't wanna give that much detail, answer if you want that is

Mexico.

benjipwns

« Reply #50686 on: October 29, 2019, 10:07:36 PM »
I can see the error. They're talking about rising up and slaughtering the landlords in places in the final stages of Capitalism and ready for the Revolution like the rich urban areas of America, not places that just moved beyond the stage of Imperialism into Feudalism like Mexico and Canada. #SocialismInOneCountyOrWard

benjipwns

« Reply #50687 on: October 29, 2019, 10:12:31 PM »
Maybe you shouldn't take your ideas about socialism from cartoons and propaganda.
:awesome

benjipwns

« Reply #50688 on: October 29, 2019, 10:12:57 PM »
Even ignoring the arguable nature that this is how things "need" to be. Landlords don't even produce the basic need of housing. That house was not built by the landlord, and management of the property is not in itself productive. Landlords don't produce anything, they just profit from limiting access to already existing housing infrastructure.

benjipwns

« Reply #50689 on: October 29, 2019, 10:13:43 PM »
Also, profiting from basic needs is how our system is set up. Farmers profit from basic human needs as well. Me wanting the system to change so people can be provided these basic needs isn't all that hilarious.
I don't think you want it changed, not in any way that would substantially help people.
Baseless assumption since you don't know me, but that's fine if you'd like to believe that.
A reasonable assumption
is this hostility and antagonizing another user

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #50690 on: October 29, 2019, 10:14:17 PM »
Even ignoring the arguable nature that this is how things "need" to be. Landlords don't even produce the basic need of housing. That house was not built by the landlord, and management of the property is not in itself productive. Landlords don't produce anything, they just profit from limiting access to already existing housing infrastructure.

Do these people have actual alternatives to rent? Or do they just want to bitch?

thetylerrob

« Reply #50691 on: October 29, 2019, 10:14:25 PM »
Seize the means of production from your landlord!  Tenants rise up!!
The key is to go after your landlord‘s entire family, that way nobody will come looking for them when they’re gone. I know what you’re thinking, “what about their friends?” Don’t worry landlords don’t have any friends.

:ohyou :woody :crowdlaff :aweshum

:joker

benjipwns

« Reply #50692 on: October 29, 2019, 10:15:32 PM »
Do these people have actual alternatives to rent? Or do they just want to bitch?
Why are you assuming "if renting houses wasn't a thing" then that would mean "there are no houses"

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #50693 on: October 29, 2019, 10:17:59 PM »
Why are you assuming "if renting houses wasn't a thing" then that would mean "there are no houses"

Lol I bet the answer is something like “the government should pay for it”.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #50694 on: October 29, 2019, 10:18:17 PM »
renting is such shit, build some equity  :morans
Uncle

thetylerrob

« Reply #50695 on: October 29, 2019, 10:18:32 PM »
How do you get a landlord out of a tree? Cut the rope.

4 more jokes go 2 http://www.jokes4us.com/peoplejokes/landlordjokes.html

Snoopycat_

« Reply #50696 on: October 29, 2019, 10:24:35 PM »

Boredfrom

« Reply #50697 on: October 29, 2019, 10:24:52 PM »
1) you're in Mexico, not some shithole like Papua New Guinea or Zambia, so don't try to pull some victim card out on me or act like you're bringing civilization to the wilderness :lol

Most people here consider the country a third world one. Yes is hyperbole, and part of our own victim complex, but this is hardly San Francisco and where the building is sure as hell is not exactly that friendly.

2) I can only speak for me, but I don't think the average landlord is an evil person or anything, they fill a need in society and that's just the way things work

Then you imagine why I’m pissed off about the idea of “landlords get free money” or RE seriously debating how amoral is private property (I can understand the idea from a intellectual standpoint, but people at RE are talking about it like everything is a housing crisis in the middle of San Francisco).

3) You haven't even bothered to ask me what I think or why I think it yet

Probably because you are making jokes about leeches.

4) build the wall

And the USA is paying for it.

benjipwns

« Reply #50698 on: October 29, 2019, 10:37:43 PM »
How do you get a landlord out of a tree? Cut the rope.

4 more jokes go 2 http://www.jokes4us.com/peoplejokes/landlordjokes.html

Did you hear about the landlord? She enjoys long romantic walks to the Bank of America.

source: http://www.jokes4us.com/peoplejokes/landlordjokes.html

benjipwns

« Reply #50699 on: October 29, 2019, 10:38:48 PM »
One way would be the tax the shit out of profits. A business only needs to make enough money to meet overheads, so production can be adjusted to meet overheads.
:brain