Author Topic: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread  (Read 3239540 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread
« Reply #40141 on: March 24, 2021, 01:50:22 PM »
I like how they always ban the person whose post is the start of the derail, not the people who did all the derailing.
FACT CHECK: You can also get banned for failing to derail a thread:
User Banned (2 Weeks): Dismissing Concerns Around Racism; Attempted Thread Derail

I dont get it. Levantine people can look pretty white

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #40143 on: March 24, 2021, 02:13:39 PM »
Triad beats V every time.

I always say that if you can't get a human centipede going you might as well go back to monogamy

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #40144 on: March 24, 2021, 02:20:58 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/poly-open-relationship-support-thread.259269/page-2
Such a tender V poly relationship, I’ve never felt any love like it.

V for Virgin?  :expert

V for virus, human immunodeficiency
Oi Oi

Jansen

« Reply #40145 on: March 24, 2021, 02:22:39 PM »
Stay for the jingle at the end.

Tom just won't take no for an answer

SmokyDave

« Reply #40146 on: March 24, 2021, 02:30:24 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/jay-leno-apologizes-for-decades-of-jokes-about-asians-‘in-my-heart-i-knew-it-was-wrong’.399151/

.... :lol

I don’t even know who to quote, I’m just marvelling at how predictable and angry their response is to a comedian apologising.

mod edit: fixed url!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2021, 02:40:24 PM by bork »

benjipwns

« Reply #40147 on: March 24, 2021, 02:34:55 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/jay-leno-apologizes-for-decades-of-jokes-about-asians-‘in-my-heart-i-knew-it-was-wrong’.399151/

I don’t even know who to quote, I’m just marvelling at how predictable and angry their response is to a comedian apologising.
Stop trying to downplay and sideline the issues Jay Leno has and read the OP again you vile piece of shit. It's disgusting how some people are willing to defend war criminals but don't bother defending innocent lives like the civilians who lost their lives to the jokes.
P.S. Go fuck yourself

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #40148 on: March 24, 2021, 02:47:51 PM »
the thing about chinese jokes is... you think you've had enough, but an hour or so later you find you're wanting more

:whatsthedeal

SmokyDave

« Reply #40149 on: March 24, 2021, 02:56:12 PM »
Need a groan button.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #40150 on: March 24, 2021, 03:02:03 PM »
where were the justice department when Disney were buying up everyone left & right 🤔
Drinking with the chairman of Marvel at the Mar-a-lago :idont
🤴

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #40151 on: March 24, 2021, 03:06:03 PM »
Korean's eat dog meat joke? But Korea does have a history (a continuing history) of eating dog meat. In North Korea due to starvation, but also South Korea due to it not being consideted taboo.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog_meat_consumption_in_South_Korea

And who cares? Let them eat dogs. Ethically the same as eating bacon as far as i'm concerned..

Crumb

• *cough*

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #40153 on: March 24, 2021, 03:10:39 PM »
Korean's eat dog meat joke? But Korea does have a history (a continuing history) of eating dog meat. In North Korea due to starvation, but also South Korea due to it not being consideted taboo.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog_meat_consumption_in_South_Korea

And who cares? Let them eat dogs. Ethically the same as eating bacon as far as i'm concerned..

And yet they're eating him alive for saying that there was "a ring of truth to the joke"

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #40154 on: March 24, 2021, 03:12:05 PM »

They view apologies as weakness like Trump does. It's just chum in the water and a chance to say, "I always knew . . ."
sigh

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #40155 on: March 24, 2021, 03:12:49 PM »

I see a typo in that article it says he's a comedian.

:rofl

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #40156 on: March 24, 2021, 03:16:33 PM »
take your chin and fuck off Leno.

Fuck Leno and the chin he rode in on.

Making jokes about someone's congenital defect is fair game

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #40157 on: March 24, 2021, 03:20:48 PM »
So being an "ally" means jumping into one persons apology to someone else to tell them to go fuck themselves, right?

benjipwns

« Reply #40158 on: March 24, 2021, 03:23:20 PM »
It's called punching up. :snob

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #40159 on: March 24, 2021, 03:25:48 PM »
It's called punching up. :snob

Leno should…keep his chin up.

Chim Richalds

• Professional Doctor
« Reply #40160 on: March 24, 2021, 03:38:20 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/poly-open-relationship-support-thread.259269/page-2

Hi everyone,

I want to post an update. I’ve been dating my boyfriend for 6 months now and we’re very serious. He lived with me and my husband for 4 months while he got back on his feet and it was an amazing experience. Such a tender V poly relationship, I’ve never felt any love like it.

my other update is that I’ve started to fall for this new guy who I have a lot in common with, and he’s falling for me too and he’s also poly. He’s really cool and he’s a very tender person which I find attractive, and he’s also deaf which has been really interesting and humbling to learn about. So I’m on the verge of having a second boyfriend...but this one likely not as serious as my other one, definitely not as much as my husband of course.

so yeah, I guess I’m married, poly, in 3 relationships at 3 different stages, with a pair of them being a V.

Finally some happy news from Resetera.

Glad to see he's recovering well from his Grindr ordeal.  If what any of this guy says is true, he miiiiight have a bit of a sex addiction.  Seems like everything he posts is about Grindr hookups, orgies or his numerous boyfriends.

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #40161 on: March 24, 2021, 03:46:06 PM »

Hi everyone,

I want to post an update. I’ve been dating my boyfriend for 6 months now and we’re very serious. He lived with me and my husband for 4 months while he got back on his feet and it was an amazing experience. Such a tender V poly relationship, I’ve never felt any love like it.

my other update is that I’ve started to fall for this new guy who I have a lot in common with, and he’s falling for me too and he’s also poly. He’s really cool and he’s a very tender person which I find attractive, and he’s also deaf which has been really interesting and humbling to learn about. So I’m on the verge of having a second boyfriend...but this one likely not as serious as my other one, definitely not as much as my husband of course.

so yeah, I guess I’m married, poly, in 3 relationships at 3 different stages, with a pair of them being a V.

Glad to see he's recovering well from his Grindr ordeal.  If what any of this guy says is true, he miiiiight have a bit of a sex addiction.  Seems like everything he posts is about Grindr hookups, orgies or his numerous boyfriends.

Wow, I had no idea it was the same guy from that Grindr thread.
Oi Oi

« Reply #40162 on: March 24, 2021, 04:03:10 PM »
when will people learn you never apologize ever? you just wait for it to blow over and the mob will find a new target if you give them nothing

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #40163 on: March 24, 2021, 04:09:15 PM »
wasn't that mimic? the grindr dude?

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #40164 on: March 24, 2021, 04:15:45 PM »

Hi everyone,

Wow, I had no idea it was the same guy from that Grindr thread.
The writers continue to surprise  :mynicca
🤴

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #40165 on: March 24, 2021, 04:30:57 PM »

Hi everyone,

I mean, if I was the third wheel in a polyamorous relationship with a Reeeeeseteran, I'd fake being deaf for sure. Get all the benefits and you don't have to act like you give a shit about whatever they are screeching about this week.
Spud

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #40167 on: March 24, 2021, 05:01:29 PM »
Apparently Amir0x got a job as a Reddit admin. Good to see him get his act together.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #40168 on: March 24, 2021, 05:36:08 PM »
How quickly this turned from "Holy shit, fucked up world" to "they racially profiled him!"

https://www.resetera.com/threads/police-stop-potential-mass-shooting-at-a-publix-in-atlanta-ga.399313/

GOP: "THIS is how you solve the gun violence. Make sure to call the cops every time you see a suspicious black guy walk into the bathroom."

This guy was carrying 5 fucking guns

Edit:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/bernie-sanders-doesnt-feel-comfortable-about-twitter-trump-ban.399337/post-61488013

:ohyeah

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #40170 on: March 24, 2021, 05:46:26 PM »
How quickly this turned from "Holy shit, fucked up world" to "they racially profiled him!"

https://www.resetera.com/threads/police-stop-potential-mass-shooting-at-a-publix-in-atlanta-ga.399313/

GOP: "THIS is how you solve the gun violence. Make sure to call the cops every time you see a suspicious black guy walk into the bathroom."

This guy was carrying 5 fucking guns

Edit:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/bernie-sanders-doesnt-feel-comfortable-about-twitter-trump-ban.399337/post-61488013

:ohyeah

White supremacy wasn't willing to sacrifice this black dude to perpetuate itself. :ohhh
Oi Oi

benjipwns

« Reply #40171 on: March 24, 2021, 05:48:14 PM »
Get back to me when it happens with someone else and we'll see how much I give a shit for that individual.

clothedmacuser

« Reply #40172 on: March 24, 2021, 05:55:21 PM »
But what if someone you like incites a violent insurrection?

Luckily nobody likes each other on Era so all their calls for jihaaaaaaad! are perfectly acceptable   
sigh

benjipwns

« Reply #40173 on: March 24, 2021, 06:05:08 PM »
I think the answer is that presidents and perhaps all politicians need to divorce themselves from Twitter. Perhaps we need a "Twitter.gov" for them to use exclusively. No Russian bots to retweet for them, just a space more modern than a press release for them to speak directly to people online. No comments or interaction from the people, just politicans' posts.
:lol

clothedmacuser

« Reply #40174 on: March 24, 2021, 06:07:34 PM »
Somehow that thread earned a

Sounds about white.
sigh

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #40175 on: March 24, 2021, 06:10:44 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/bernie-sanders-doesnt-feel-comfortable-about-twitter-trump-ban.399337/

Bernie about to get cancelled by the "Muh Freeze Peach" crowd

this is the exact thing they never manage to wrap their heads around

like mitch making threats about what they'll accomplish next time they're in power if the filibuster goes away, why would you not take 5 seconds pause to think wait, if mitch is greedily looking forward to this then why am I also supporting it

it's a mindset from saying too often, "no, these things are NOT the same how DARE you compare them," without realizing that doesn't extend to procedural or rule-based systems

if twitter came out with a rule that said "you can never say anything false ever, even in jest," then you'd see thousands banned on both sides, even if BoTh SiDeS aReN't EqUaLLy BaD
Uncle

benjipwns

« Reply #40176 on: March 24, 2021, 06:15:36 PM »
I just like how they think "it's a private company it can do whatever it wants" is an argument against someone saying "I know, I want to change that."

Especially since they really don't think private companies should be able to do whatever they want. Like say, not bake a cake for a straight-cishet wedding and its related gender reveal parties. Or refuse to serve yts.

clothedmacuser

« Reply #40177 on: March 24, 2021, 06:24:21 PM »
I just like how they think "it's a private company it can do whatever it wants" is an argument against someone saying "I know, I want to change that."

Especially since they really don't think private companies should be able to do whatever they want. Like say, not bake a cake for a straight-cishet wedding and its related gender reveal parties.

I will give them credit for adopting a philosophy consistent with the the idea that innocent till proven guilty is only a matter for courts and not something those in the non-legal arena should concern themselves with.  Morals and principles should only be something the government concerns themselves with.  And they should make laws that tell us the true path.
sigh

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #40178 on: March 24, 2021, 06:27:32 PM »
Somehow that thread earned a

Sounds about white.

Shit like this is why white supremacy is undefeated and rarely met head on. You got "allies" that jump in front of bullets defending it
Yep

How dumb are these guys? Jewish people aren't just an "ally" against white supremacy. Have we already forgotten what those tiki torchers were yelling?

wsippel

« Reply #40179 on: March 24, 2021, 07:16:36 PM »
It took a few hours, but the reddit drama is over. The employee in question has been fired, bans have been lifted, and spez announced upcoming revisions to their vetting process and ban policy.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #40180 on: March 24, 2021, 08:37:53 PM »
It took a few hours, but the reddit drama is over. The employee in question has been fired, bans have been lifted, and spez announced upcoming revisions to their vetting process and ban policy.

sincerely unexpected result
 :leon
Uncle

Snoopycat_

« Reply #40181 on: March 24, 2021, 09:18:08 PM »
Ree's Nazi Spotting Guide Book has been updated to include feminists, white women and sisters

TERF ideology is very much grounded in far-left feminist circles

so much shit has come from so called "worried" white women

Ugh, my own sister just posted a fucking transphobic Ben Shapiro video on her Facebook page. I am so fucking disappointed in her.

My sister and her friend really got into the global elite pedo conspiracy crap, and it's been a gateway into more right-wing shit.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/transphobic-feminism-and-far-right-activism-rapidly-converging.399355/

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #40182 on: March 24, 2021, 09:30:46 PM »
Sanders said he doesn't know how to strike a balance, "but it is an issue that we have got to be thinking about."

Fucking Google it Bernie, were not here to educate you!

:reeeee

« Reply #40183 on: March 24, 2021, 11:16:59 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/bernie-sanders-doesnt-feel-comfortable-about-twitter-trump-ban.399337/

Bernie about to get cancelled by the "Muh Freeze Peach" crowd

this is the exact thing they never manage to wrap their heads around

like mitch making threats about what they'll accomplish next time they're in power if the filibuster goes away, why would you not take 5 seconds pause to think wait, if mitch is greedily looking forward to this then why am I also supporting it

it's a mindset from saying too often, "no, these things are NOT the same how DARE you compare them," without realizing that doesn't extend to procedural or rule-based systems

if twitter came out with a rule that said "you can never say anything false ever, even in jest," then you'd see thousands banned on both sides, even if BoTh SiDeS aReN't EqUaLLy BaD

Mcconnel threats are toothless, so I wouldn't consider that the best comparison (would be different if a member of the sedition caucus was majority leader in this hypothetical).

People just refuse to see or have trouble wrapping their minds around the idea of "acceptable" discourse being either profit-driven or government-driven, something that no side should want.  There absolutely IS a slippery slope here, and with how polarizing society has become, I wouldn't put it past people in power sliding down it over spite.

There's a reason web hosts and the like were all run by tech libertarians that had a "if it isn't illegal, I'm not getting involved" mindset.  People acting like the first amendment is the enemy here are dumb.

clothedmacuser

« Reply #40184 on: March 24, 2021, 11:34:06 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/how-networks-be-when-you-black-and-try-to-pitch-a-show-rdcworld1.399424/post-61504807

It's kinda why I like Tenet despite itself. Yes I know there's little minority representation besides the lead character, but I was just glad to a black character leading in a sci fi movie, not shooting in a hood movie or getting his ass beat in a slave movie. Diverse roles are important too.
black main character named The Protagonist :(

Yeah.... I know :(

Note to self: Black people don't like being named The Protagonist.

Reasoning:  Self-evident.  Somehow. 

Will ask black friend when I see him next.

sigh

benjipwns

« Reply #40185 on: March 24, 2021, 11:48:44 PM »
the solution is to stop engaging with and making money for companies who promote the garbage. Relying on the govt is the clear wrong answer.
How is this a solution? Twitter has hundreds of millions of users. Facebook has billions.

Even if those specific companies and platforms were replaced, others would emerge. The solution has to be these large tech platforms get treated by governments around the world like something akin to a utility so they can be used to cause damage like they've done in the past.
:doge

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #40186 on: March 24, 2021, 11:49:32 PM »
A trans person publicly executed by Reddit and not a peep out of "progressive" forum REEEEESETERA.

:flabbypd
Spud

benjipwns

« Reply #40187 on: March 24, 2021, 11:52:15 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot3-her-ass-is-part-of-her-character.275780/post-61350454
I know that I'm a fairly new and "young" member of this community based on the amount of my posting as being next to nothing. So, I'll apologize in advance if I step on anyone's fingers, toes, and seniority...and I'll also apologize in advance if I repeat things that have been said prior as sometimes it is hard to keep up with these topics during working weekday hours.

But, here's my hot take on regarding the generalizations of Japan and predominantly the relatable issue with its games. Okay, are you ready?

First off, let's cut the cord and say that Japan as a country is not responsible for everything that you see wrong in either video games, anime, manga, advertising, etc. Let's just take the scissor tool and cut that shit right out of the picture. It's gone, it's in your trash bin on the desktop, permanently deleted, and never to be seen again. Japan, while it has its own share of political and cultural problems, is a wonderful and beautiful country in its own right. They are people with a diverse history and traditions that you would be hard-pressed to find anywhere else, maybe similarities with their festivals from one culture to another in various parts of the world, however, you get the idea. But, they are strong, independent people who have had to weather through some hard shit just like any other country.

Stop generalizing that Japan is against that or Japan as a whole is against this when it is the fault of any company's CEO that projects their vision and judgment on what they make. It is their product, but it is not Japan's product. Stop it. You wouldn't and shouldn't do this shit with European countries or America, so why are we doing it to Asian countries, specifically Japan.

Japan as a whole does not control the minds of every Japanese video game developer or animation producer. There are no set rules, no set guidelines, no secret marketing tactics that they all keep posted in a Google document for peer-to-peer review every year based on how they should market their games. It is not just a Japanese video game developer problem, but a global one. It is a global problem that stems from years and years of stigmas built up on top of each other in order to progress into what we know of today.

Let's start with an idea/example that maybe everyone is aware of for western media portrayal of women. I would hope that the majority of us all know about the show "I Love Lucy". Did you know that Lucille Ball was around 40 years old when the sitcom first aired its episode? Yes, she was 40 years old and way ahead of the age 25, but you wouldn't guess it from the way that she looked. This is the problem we started. Older women, even in the 50s, were not ideal actresses until we glorified them with copious amounts of make-up and skin creams instead of letting their natural beauty show. It wasn't believed that a 40-year-old woman could go on live television without looking, at least, in her early 30's.

Let's fast-track to today where the media states that unless we are objectifying women at a younger age than necessary, we're just not attractive, plain and simple. We somehow lose our attractiveness once we hit past a certain age milestone and by the "I Love Lucy" example, I feel has been ingrained in society at such an early age but you've got several younger generations who think it's only an issue now. As a woman, I'm still outright pressured by others that if I don't have children before I'm 40, I'm a reproductive failure because we've got a stigma that women should only be having children from their early to late 20's. That's another entire issue, so better leave that tangent rest for now. But, you get the point of how harmful stigmas cemented in the early periods of women and media can be harmful to what we have now.

If there is anyone to blame, it is the CEO of each respective gaming company that fosters and nurtures this over-sexualized mentality of women into their games and a lack of variation in portraying women at various ages. They have been convinced whether through media or by themselves, that the only way to market their products is to follow these sexist stereotypes that various misogynistic individuals have failed to let go of. And as the OP has said, they earnestly believe that sex sells above all when it doesn't always work that way either. Whenever you see a Japanese video game with a very young character with an over-sexualized body, just call it out for what it is, it's not "oh, this is all Japan's fault"...NO, this is the fault of some perverted asshole who felt like the world needed to indulge in his sexual fetish.

I've seen good games made by Japanese and non-Asian developers and I've seen some shit games made by both. One is not more exclusive than the other, but neither is 100% perfect either.

At least some companies are making further strides than others.
spoiler (click to show/hide)
Okay, wow, I didn't think that my post would garner this much debate by others, but thank you to everyone for supporting what I had said.

As to clarify about the pregnancy tangent and this will be the one and only time that I will do so because I do not wish to change the main focus of this thread into a discussion about myself, I'll go into a bit more detail to build up a case for why I said what I had said.

I grew up in a predominantly, and it honestly pains and cringes me to say this, but an "alpha male" household. That is to say, my father pre-determined the roles of my mother upon marriage and myself before I could even form my first sentence let alone a coherent word. It was a standard, 4-person family unit with a father, mother, son, and daughter...literally the iconic American family symbol that has always been portrayed as every American family's "dream" or "goal" in life since the 50s started this idealistic stigma. You have the hardworking father, the domesticated mother, the progeny son who hopes to grow up just like the dad, and the daughter who needs to be groomed into being just like the mother. This was the ideal family unit that nearly all American families needed to become or you were just not normal people. I was supposed to be just like my mom who cooked, cleaned, had children, and maybe hold a job though it shouldn't be required of me. Those were the life goals presumed for me at an early age.

With family life being ultimately perpetuated in this garbage, tradition that should have been recycled naturally as the eras change, I was nothing more than an accessory for my father. A keychain. A trophy. A cultural object that you can gladly claim that you have at Christmas parties and other social events. "Here's my son....and here's our daughter.", and notice how I say "our" and not "my". I wasn't his daughter unless my mother was present since I was only to be a carbon copy of her technically. Throughout my childhood, my choices were always questioned with "why does she need to go out with her friends? She should stay home and read", "you can't wear red, guys look at you, you're not allowed", or "you should be studying more and not be playing video games". The latter comment didn't start becoming a thing until I showed a keen interest in computers and technology at a young age. Growing up in the 90s, computer games were primarily played by men and were a hobby strictly for men mostly. It must have really ruffled my father's feathers when I started learning how to play the same games that he played, and in some cases, I was better at them towards the point that a grown adult would need to use cheat codes in order to beat a 12-year-old little girl at Command & Conquer an RTS war game. As I was growing up, he had DVD collections of Japanese hentai as well just littered throughout his bedroom in plain sight. So, not only am I an accessory to him by repressive stigmas that have steeped into families like age-old tea, but then I learn just how worst my father's opinions and views about women truly were. That was my first brush-in with hyper, over-sexualized women in entertainment media.

Fast-forward some years later, I didn't start getting pressured until after I completed college about when grandchildren would no longer be a figment of imagination. This started at 23 and every year it was asked either by him or by other family members from my side, both men, and women, and yes...even older women predating me can fall complacent or victim to decade-old stigmas themselves without realizing it. "You need to have children or they're going to be 12 when you're 60"..."You're going to reach a point where your body will just outright reject it and then you'll never be able to feel complete"...."You're not fulfilling your role as a woman"...."You're going to miss the greatest gift that God has ever given you"....and there are tons more just like these comments that were being directed to me the moment I was a college-educated woman. Literally, who cared about the intellectual capacity and potential that I had...the Bachelor's degree of Graphic Design that I had...I wasn't a complete package for anybody until I had a baby. This is the problem apart from the obvious medical issues that come with age. I know about them, I've discussed them with my SO, but unfortunately...I could not get pregnant at the early ages of 20 and beyond. I was mentally and financially not ready for it, more financially than anything. I grew up in a poor, low-income middle-class family, and I sure as hell was not going to bring a child into the world to suffer in the same way that I did. It's not about the medical reasons, it's about the stigmas. It's about being told that you are exceptionally no good at anything you do until you pop out a baby. Who cares about college and trying to make sure that you have a successful and stable career for said child, I should have just had one anyway because that was the expectation set for me that I never had a voice in setting for myself. I'm sure I'm not the only woman on this planet who has had this problem either. In my early 30's now and I'm trying to have a child, who knows if it'll happen or not, but all I can do is try. And that's all that I want to say in regards towards that.

Hmm, to answer that question truthfully, it's really a yes and no sort of ordeal. Yes, I do want to have a child or children of my own, and occurring within the same thought process, no I do not because [reasons]. I think my indecisiveness that constantly flatlines on a neutral level has a lot to do with my own personal views and hierarchy that I use to self-prioritize life achievements or goals. To break it down simply:

Yes, I want to have a child because I sincerely want to have a little minion or monster of my own volition. I'm totally into the baby showers, the nurturing, the learning right from wrong, buying cute outfits and stuff, showering affection, and sharing my happiness with another little human being alongside my partner. I've kind of always wanted to give my parents a grandchild, more so my mother than my own father (and you obviously know why, lol). I was mostly raised into the person that I have become by my mother and grandfather actually. My grandfather was more of a father figure to me than my own father was as a little girl. I was sincerely hoping that my grandfather would live strongly enough to see me graduate from schooling, get married, and start raising a family....because I wanted to give my grandfather which I believed to be the greatest gift that I could ever give him in return for raising me, a great-grandchild whom he could spoil me just as much as he did to me. Sadly, he passed away when I was 16, but that still hasn't changed my wanting for a child of my own. I still want to give my mother a grandchild and I still want to have one because I believe that I honestly could become a good parent.

And now onto the "no" part, there are conflicting reasons regarding the "no" factor because they all primarily stem from fear basically and that is usually the main cause to constant self-doubt. When I find myself second-guessing becoming pregnant, a lot of that stems back to my childhood because of the environment that I was raised in. As a person coming from low to slightly middle income, I decided of my own volition that this wasn't the kind of financial stability that I would personally want to ever bring a child in and I kept telling myself over and over that the right thing to do is to wait until you feel that you're stable. This met blows with other people, family and non-family, where every one of them would use the time-old excuse of "well, you'll never be 100% ready for children" and while part of that is factually true because none of us have the clairvoyance for every little child-raising problem...there are still bits and pieces that I can prepare ahead of time to make situations that may ultimately seem chaotic into lesser than that. So, finances are the biggest role-player in the "no" factor. I know that I have a good, stable job...but, I also know that childcare is super costly and it doesn't get better until they leave the house, and even then there's such a thing as college. I know that I would be eligible for some social programs possibly, but I feel like things could still be ironed out. Debts could still be paid off and savings still need adjustments. I also would like to get married first and that's another finance depleter, however, a wedding is a one-time large ticket item and a child needs constant financial support for all of its life. So, if possible though I know the current situation with the pandemic puts a damper on things, I'd like to get married first before having a child. That's not so much as falling back on the traditional stigmas of marriage before children as it is with me just weighing that one situation will outpace the other in terms of costs.

And the other reasoning for no is space. We live in a house that is made comfortable for at least 4-5 people, however, the fifth room is in total disrepair and it would need to be remodeled quickly because while plenty of people have told me that the newborn can stay within our room for security....at some point, that kid is going to need and want their own privacy...and at some point, so will my SO, lol. I feel that the room needs to be prepped and readied into a nursery that can then be converted into a child's bedroom before we should really start getting too serious. Which...at the same time follows with the finances again actually. I'm not sure if it's right to start a high debt with a remodeling loan considering that there are also other parts of this house needing some TLC.

When I think about my wants, at the same time, these negative pressures are weighing on my mind and it's almost drowning. I want to have this one thing, but I'm convincing myself that I can't because of [reasons]. I'm pretty sure that my SO knows my indecisiveness about it and they're only a year older than myself. And then when I hear the pressures of people telling me that if I don't do this thing like right now, I then feel like I'm running out of time because as a society we've made women feel that it's unacceptable to have children the more you age. So, instead of wanting to be happy for having a child, I feel nothing but pressure and that I'm missing out on something that I earnestly want, but it's my fault that I can't when there are factors literally out of my control too since boatloads of money just don't magically appear out of thin air and if they do? They come with interest rates that want you to die in debt and that's no place for raising a child in my humble opinion. A child shouldn't start you in debt.
[close]
[close]

clothedmacuser

« Reply #40188 on: March 25, 2021, 12:09:03 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot3-her-ass-is-part-of-her-character.275780/post-61350454
I know that I'm a fairly new and "young" member of this community based on the amount of my posting as being next to nothing. So, I'll apologize in advance if I step on anyone's fingers, toes, and seniority...and I'll also apologize in advance if I repeat things that have been said prior as sometimes it is hard to keep up with these topics during working weekday hours.

But, here's my hot take on regarding the generalizations of Japan and predominantly the relatable issue with its games. Okay, are you ready?

First off, let's cut the cord and say that Japan as a country is not responsible for everything that you see wrong in either video games, anime, manga, advertising, etc. Let's just take the scissor tool and cut that shit right out of the picture. It's gone, it's in your trash bin on the desktop, permanently deleted, and never to be seen again. Japan, while it has its own share of political and cultural problems, is a wonderful and beautiful country in its own right. They are people with a diverse history and traditions that you would be hard-pressed to find anywhere else, maybe similarities with their festivals from one culture to another in various parts of the world, however, you get the idea. But, they are strong, independent people who have had to weather through some hard shit just like any other country.

Stop generalizing that Japan is against that or Japan as a whole is against this when it is the fault of any company's CEO that projects their vision and judgment on what they make. It is their product, but it is not Japan's product. Stop it. You wouldn't and shouldn't do this shit with European countries or America, so why are we doing it to Asian countries, specifically Japan.

Japan as a whole does not control the minds of every Japanese video game developer or animation producer. There are no set rules, no set guidelines, no secret marketing tactics that they all keep posted in a Google document for peer-to-peer review every year based on how they should market their games. It is not just a Japanese video game developer problem, but a global one. It is a global problem that stems from years and years of stigmas built up on top of each other in order to progress into what we know of today.

Let's start with an idea/example that maybe everyone is aware of for western media portrayal of women. I would hope that the majority of us all know about the show "I Love Lucy". Did you know that Lucille Ball was around 40 years old when the sitcom first aired its episode? Yes, she was 40 years old and way ahead of the age 25, but you wouldn't guess it from the way that she looked. This is the problem we started. Older women, even in the 50s, were not ideal actresses until we glorified them with copious amounts of make-up and skin creams instead of letting their natural beauty show. It wasn't believed that a 40-year-old woman could go on live television without looking, at least, in her early 30's.

Let's fast-track to today where the media states that unless we are objectifying women at a younger age than necessary, we're just not attractive, plain and simple. We somehow lose our attractiveness once we hit past a certain age milestone and by the "I Love Lucy" example, I feel has been ingrained in society at such an early age but you've got several younger generations who think it's only an issue now. As a woman, I'm still outright pressured by others that if I don't have children before I'm 40, I'm a reproductive failure because we've got a stigma that women should only be having children from their early to late 20's. That's another entire issue, so better leave that tangent rest for now. But, you get the point of how harmful stigmas cemented in the early periods of women and media can be harmful to what we have now.

If there is anyone to blame, it is the CEO of each respective gaming company that fosters and nurtures this over-sexualized mentality of women into their games and a lack of variation in portraying women at various ages. They have been convinced whether through media or by themselves, that the only way to market their products is to follow these sexist stereotypes that various misogynistic individuals have failed to let go of. And as the OP has said, they earnestly believe that sex sells above all when it doesn't always work that way either. Whenever you see a Japanese video game with a very young character with an over-sexualized body, just call it out for what it is, it's not "oh, this is all Japan's fault"...NO, this is the fault of some perverted asshole who felt like the world needed to indulge in his sexual fetish.

I've seen good games made by Japanese and non-Asian developers and I've seen some shit games made by both. One is not more exclusive than the other, but neither is 100% perfect either.

At least some companies are making further strides than others.
Okay, wow, I didn't think that my post would garner this much debate by others, but thank you to everyone for supporting what I had said.

As to clarify about the pregnancy tangent and this will be the one and only time that I will do so because I do not wish to change the main focus of this thread into a discussion about myself, I'll go into a bit more detail to build up a case for why I said what I had said.

I grew up in a predominantly, and it honestly pains and cringes me to say this, but an "alpha male" household. That is to say, my father pre-determined the roles of my mother upon marriage and myself before I could even form my first sentence let alone a coherent word. It was a standard, 4-person family unit with a father, mother, son, and daughter...literally the iconic American family symbol that has always been portrayed as every American family's "dream" or "goal" in life since the 50s started this idealistic stigma. You have the hardworking father, the domesticated mother, the progeny son who hopes to grow up just like the dad, and the daughter who needs to be groomed into being just like the mother. This was the ideal family unit that nearly all American families needed to become or you were just not normal people. I was supposed to be just like my mom who cooked, cleaned, had children, and maybe hold a job though it shouldn't be required of me. Those were the life goals presumed for me at an early age.

With family life being ultimately perpetuated in this garbage, tradition that should have been recycled naturally as the eras change, I was nothing more than an accessory for my father. A keychain. A trophy. A cultural object that you can gladly claim that you have at Christmas parties and other social events. "Here's my son....and here's our daughter.", and notice how I say "our" and not "my". I wasn't his daughter unless my mother was present since I was only to be a carbon copy of her technically. Throughout my childhood, my choices were always questioned with "why does she need to go out with her friends? She should stay home and read", "you can't wear red, guys look at you, you're not allowed", or "you should be studying more and not be playing video games". The latter comment didn't start becoming a thing until I showed a keen interest in computers and technology at a young age. Growing up in the 90s, computer games were primarily played by men and were a hobby strictly for men mostly. It must have really ruffled my father's feathers when I started learning how to play the same games that he played, and in some cases, I was better at them towards the point that a grown adult would need to use cheat codes in order to beat a 12-year-old little girl at Command & Conquer an RTS war game. As I was growing up, he had DVD collections of Japanese hentai as well just littered throughout his bedroom in plain sight. So, not only am I an accessory to him by repressive stigmas that have steeped into families like age-old tea, but then I learn just how worst my father's opinions and views about women truly were. That was my first brush-in with hyper, over-sexualized women in entertainment media.

Fast-forward some years later, I didn't start getting pressured until after I completed college about when grandchildren would no longer be a figment of imagination. This started at 23 and every year it was asked either by him or by other family members from my side, both men, and women, and yes...even older women predating me can fall complacent or victim to decade-old stigmas themselves without realizing it. "You need to have children or they're going to be 12 when you're 60"..."You're going to reach a point where your body will just outright reject it and then you'll never be able to feel complete"...."You're not fulfilling your role as a woman"...."You're going to miss the greatest gift that God has ever given you"....and there are tons more just like these comments that were being directed to me the moment I was a college-educated woman. Literally, who cared about the intellectual capacity and potential that I had...the Bachelor's degree of Graphic Design that I had...I wasn't a complete package for anybody until I had a baby. This is the problem apart from the obvious medical issues that come with age. I know about them, I've discussed them with my SO, but unfortunately...I could not get pregnant at the early ages of 20 and beyond. I was mentally and financially not ready for it, more financially than anything. I grew up in a poor, low-income middle-class family, and I sure as hell was not going to bring a child into the world to suffer in the same way that I did. It's not about the medical reasons, it's about the stigmas. It's about being told that you are exceptionally no good at anything you do until you pop out a baby. Who cares about college and trying to make sure that you have a successful and stable career for said child, I should have just had one anyway because that was the expectation set for me that I never had a voice in setting for myself. I'm sure I'm not the only woman on this planet who has had this problem either. In my early 30's now and I'm trying to have a child, who knows if it'll happen or not, but all I can do is try. And that's all that I want to say in regards towards that.

Hmm, to answer that question truthfully, it's really a yes and no sort of ordeal. Yes, I do want to have a child or children of my own, and occurring within the same thought process, no I do not because [reasons]. I think my indecisiveness that constantly flatlines on a neutral level has a lot to do with my own personal views and hierarchy that I use to self-prioritize life achievements or goals. To break it down simply:

Yes, I want to have a child because I sincerely want to have a little minion or monster of my own volition. I'm totally into the baby showers, the nurturing, the learning right from wrong, buying cute outfits and stuff, showering affection, and sharing my happiness with another little human being alongside my partner. I've kind of always wanted to give my parents a grandchild, more so my mother than my own father (and you obviously know why, lol). I was mostly raised into the person that I have become by my mother and grandfather actually. My grandfather was more of a father figure to me than my own father was as a little girl. I was sincerely hoping that my grandfather would live strongly enough to see me graduate from schooling, get married, and start raising a family....because I wanted to give my grandfather which I believed to be the greatest gift that I could ever give him in return for raising me, a great-grandchild whom he could spoil me just as much as he did to me. Sadly, he passed away when I was 16, but that still hasn't changed my wanting for a child of my own. I still want to give my mother a grandchild and I still want to have one because I believe that I honestly could become a good parent.

And now onto the "no" part, there are conflicting reasons regarding the "no" factor because they all primarily stem from fear basically and that is usually the main cause to constant self-doubt. When I find myself second-guessing becoming pregnant, a lot of that stems back to my childhood because of the environment that I was raised in. As a person coming from low to slightly middle income, I decided of my own volition that this wasn't the kind of financial stability that I would personally want to ever bring a child in and I kept telling myself over and over that the right thing to do is to wait until you feel that you're stable. This met blows with other people, family and non-family, where every one of them would use the time-old excuse of "well, you'll never be 100% ready for children" and while part of that is factually true because none of us have the clairvoyance for every little child-raising problem...there are still bits and pieces that I can prepare ahead of time to make situations that may ultimately seem chaotic into lesser than that. So, finances are the biggest role-player in the "no" factor. I know that I have a good, stable job...but, I also know that childcare is super costly and it doesn't get better until they leave the house, and even then there's such a thing as college. I know that I would be eligible for some social programs possibly, but I feel like things could still be ironed out. Debts could still be paid off and savings still need adjustments. I also would like to get married first and that's another finance depleter, however, a wedding is a one-time large ticket item and a child needs constant financial support for all of its life. So, if possible though I know the current situation with the pandemic puts a damper on things, I'd like to get married first before having a child. That's not so much as falling back on the traditional stigmas of marriage before children as it is with me just weighing that one situation will outpace the other in terms of costs.

And the other reasoning for no is space. We live in a house that is made comfortable for at least 4-5 people, however, the fifth room is in total disrepair and it would need to be remodeled quickly because while plenty of people have told me that the newborn can stay within our room for security....at some point, that kid is going to need and want their own privacy...and at some point, so will my SO, lol. I feel that the room needs to be prepped and readied into a nursery that can then be converted into a child's bedroom before we should really start getting too serious. Which...at the same time follows with the finances again actually. I'm not sure if it's right to start a high debt with a remodeling loan considering that there are also other parts of this house needing some TLC.

When I think about my wants, at the same time, these negative pressures are weighing on my mind and it's almost drowning. I want to have this one thing, but I'm convincing myself that I can't because of [reasons]. I'm pretty sure that my SO knows my indecisiveness about it and they're only a year older than myself. And then when I hear the pressures of people telling me that if I don't do this thing like right now, I then feel like I'm running out of time because as a society we've made women feel that it's unacceptable to have children the more you age. So, instead of wanting to be happy for having a child, I feel nothing but pressure and that I'm missing out on something that I earnestly want, but it's my fault that I can't when there are factors literally out of my control too since boatloads of money just don't magically appear out of thin air and if they do? They come with interest rates that want you to die in debt and that's no place for raising a child in my humble opinion. A child shouldn't start you in debt.
[close]
[close]

sigh

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #40189 on: March 25, 2021, 12:18:28 AM »
I ain't reading all that shit, but imagine being part of a community where you feel you have to preface your super long care post with this grovelling for fear of being banned/dogpiled by the more privileged members...

Spud

BadAss2961

« Reply #40190 on: March 25, 2021, 12:34:09 AM »
I ain't reading all that shit, but imagine being part of a community where you feel you have to preface your super long care post with this grovelling for fear of being banned/dogpiled by the more privileged members...

What's funny is that often when someone does this they end up banned anyway.

clothedmacuser

« Reply #40191 on: March 25, 2021, 12:40:37 AM »

What's funny is that often when someone does this they end up banned anyway.

We call that the #3 with cheese.

Oh, unless it's RedMercury.  Then we just call that the RedMecury

Mercury is an interesting planet.  The fact it even exists today of all days seems strange.  And yet that Giant Dad co-ops it it.  Just fuck man.  Those ancient era statues of a tiny ass cool young dude Mercury would be offended such a groveling bitch would adopt his name.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2021, 12:45:04 AM by clothedmacuser »
sigh

Superstar

« Reply #40192 on: March 25, 2021, 12:41:48 AM »
Oh meltdown dude is trolling
« Last Edit: March 25, 2021, 12:46:26 AM by Superstar »

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #40193 on: March 25, 2021, 12:49:22 AM »

sincerely unexpected result
 :leon

Because major subreddits protested

https://www.reddit.com/user/Blank-Cheque/comments/mbmthf/why_is_this_subreddit_private_see_here_for_answers/

Boredfrom

« Reply #40194 on: March 25, 2021, 12:49:45 AM »
A trans person publicly executed by Reddit and not a peep out of "progressive" forum REEEEESETERA.

:flabbypd

Difficult to defend. Thats why Yaniv threads didn’t prosper or Brianna Wu is talked in hushed tones.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #40195 on: March 25, 2021, 12:54:08 AM »
Oh meltdown dude is trolling

This dude?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/comedian-allegedly-finds-shrimp-tails-in-their-cinnamon-toast-crunch-ctc-social-media-attempts-to-gaslight-them-up-dark-past-comes-to-light.398515/page-12#post-61510657
Quote from: RocketKiss
One more post and I'm done here. I'm a terrible person for being correct about this cinnamon toast crunch nonsense and calling out Mr. Karp for the true scumbag he is, while all of you were gaufawing over this guy's 'hilarious' shrimp bit. I'm such a terrible person for making such a post on a forum where people defend drone strikes and cops. Thank you for calling me out, while making fun of stroke victims.

Quote from: FatalT
I’ve never seen so much arrogance in a non-apology. The schtick was humorous in the first few posts but now you’re just taking it over the line.

Still gonna become copypasta tho.

It was never schtick (I'm just funnier and wittier than most people here) and I'll never apologize or non-apologize to anyone on this forum.

Quote from: Fat4all
my apology:

Dear Era, Where do I begin... Let's start with this -I'm sorry. This is a first for me. I've never faced criticism like this before, because I've never made a marketing mistake like this before. I'm surrounded by good users and believe I make good decisions, but I'm still a human being. I can be wrong. I didn't do it for quotes. I get quotes. I did it because I thought I could make a positive ripple on resetera, not cause a monsoon of shitposts. That's never the intention. I intended to raise awareness for marketing and marketing research and while I thought "if this post saves just ONE person from buying Cinnamon Toast Crunch, it'll be worth it," I was misguided by shrimp and awe, as portrayed in the aftermath. I still am. I do this sh*t every day. I've made a 5 paragraph post EVERY SINGLE DAY for the past 460+ days. One may understand that it's easy to get caught up in the moment without fully weighing the possible ramifications. I'm often reminded of how big of a reach I truly have & with great brand power comes great brand responsibility... for the first time in my life I'm regretful to say I handled that power incorrectly. It won't happen again. I trust 14 year olds. I believe in dogs. I'm out here.​

Wow. Another unfunny post. You're still real mad I made fun of your dog gimmick. Let it go. Get your own dog avatar, but real dogs probably don't even like you.

Jealous that I have the cutest dog in the world whose been on magazine covers and the guy pretending to be a dog for over a decade uses a photo of a lab that he probably doesn't have the rights to use?

When you got nothing to say bash the media someone likes. Quite ironic coming from the Marvel - Last Jedi fan official sponsored Disney forum

Fat4All should be banned for trolling/impersonating. But it's called a meritocracy (actually a favoritist, nepotist forum for those who don't understand the joke), sweetie. Era is a private social media corporation and has its own TOS and can do what it wants... Like Twitter... Oh...

I would never support/work for the ResetEra Corporation. It's against my morals to work for an evil neoliberal company.

:woody
ど助平

Boredfrom

« Reply #40196 on: March 25, 2021, 12:57:31 AM »

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aimee_Challenor

.  In August 2018, Knight's father David Challenor was sentenced to 22 years in prison for raping and torturing a 10-year-old girl in the attic of the home shared by him, his wife Tina Challenor, and Knight. Knight's father had been reported to the police in 2015 and charged in November 2016. Following this, Knight chose her father as her election agent for the 2017 general election and also the 2018 council elections. Knight had given her father's name as "Baloo Challenor" on campaign materials, later commenting that he was known locally by this nickname.[6] After her father's sentencing, Knight – who insisted she did not know the allegations against her father in full – stood down from the Green Party's deputy leadership election.[6][7][26]

Knight was consequently suspended from the party on a no-fault basis, and the party launched an inquest into possible safeguarding failures as Challenor was allowed to act as Knight's election agent after having been charged.[27][28] In September 2018, Knight resigned from the Green Party citing transphobia;[29] however, Knight continued to cooperate with the inquest. The inquest by Verita found in January 2019 that she had committed a "serious error of judgement" in appointing her father as her campaign manager.[30][31] The report also said that the Green Party, who were told by Knight that her father had been arrested but not that he was a party member, could have done more to investigate the matter.[32]

In October 2018, she joined the Liberal Democrats, becoming the Diversity Officer of her local party.[33][34][35] She was suspended from the Liberal Democrats in July 2019, after tweets appeared on her partner's account admitting to having sexual fantasies involving sex with children. One of the tweets by Nathaniel Knight's account read: "I fantasise about children having sex, sometimes with adults, sometimes with other children, sometimes kidnapped and forced into bad situations."[18][36] Knight later claimed that her partner's account had been hacked.[4][18]

Sounds like someone that otherwise would seem like an kiwi farm stereotype of a Trans activist.

clothedmacuser

« Reply #40197 on: March 25, 2021, 01:51:15 AM »
Imagine Fat4all being the "transgressive," forum personality of your community. 

It's amazing how so many "revolutionary" Era people are the biggest Giant Dad's and Karen's of the forum.  The prominent users have learned the range of their reign and are happy to be tied to an established leash.  Slayven and Exel get bitched out on the reg but know enough to cower back before it hurts the brand.

What kind of self respecting person* defends that scene? 

*See Red Mercury but that requires self respect.
sigh

clothedmacuser

« Reply #40198 on: March 25, 2021, 02:29:41 AM »
I forgot to post this

Man were the 90's lame.  No wonder we hated everyone.
sigh

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #40199 on: March 25, 2021, 02:45:12 AM »
Japan is a country that still uses fax machines for communication, ink stamps for documentation, and CDs are still sold en masse.

Yes, newspapers and magazines are still very much a thing over there.

Lol. The United States still uses cheques for payments, so what's your point bud?
Spud