Author Topic: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread  (Read 3395895 times)

SmokyDave

Re: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread
« Reply #48300 on: August 26, 2021, 08:02:16 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/bo-burnhams-inside-and-white-liberal-performative-art.476550/page-4#post-72094650

Quote from: ZeoVGM
This internet forum exists because the owner of the previous forum -- a self-proclaimed liberal who openly championed progressive causes and proudly showed off his photo op with Obama whenever he had the chance -- immediately turned it into an alt-right safe space the moment he got accused of sexual harassment and the moderators and community all quit out of protest.
Babble. Just babble. Shit thread, shit posts, shit forum. This made me laugh though:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/bo-burnhams-inside-and-white-liberal-performative-art.476550/page-4#post-72083973

Quote from: ShortNasty
With the way some of you jump at the chance to say "lol?!?! white people!!" I wonder if there is some secret point system on this site I don't know about.

:lol

Yes, yes there is.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #48301 on: August 26, 2021, 08:17:41 AM »
I didn't even watch the thing so maybe it's dogshit, but it's funny how many posted "i couldn't empathize with him 'cause i'm black and he's white" comments in there, like it's some kind of medal.  :lol

Kurt Russell

« Reply #48302 on: August 26, 2021, 10:07:35 AM »
Seriously,Why the fuck she closed the "I got syphilis because I hired a korean prostitute". The guy owned up that he "fetishes" koreans (the horror) and it was a dumb idea.

I'm just astounded that somebody chose to do that, suffered some entirely predictable consequences and one of his first instincts was to jump on an internet forum and let at least 8 anons know. How do these fucking people function? What part of this process is considered stable behavior?

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Wow top. Let's enjoy some sexy Koreans then, lads.

[close]
« Last Edit: August 26, 2021, 10:15:33 AM by Kurt Russell »
woke

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #48303 on: August 26, 2021, 10:18:28 AM »
Sexiest Korean:  :juche
Margs

Snoopycat_

« Reply #48304 on: August 26, 2021, 10:33:17 AM »
It’s alright. It gets a bit over dramatic at times. He takes the piss out of Rees so no surprise they’re trying to turn this into a race thing.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #48305 on: August 26, 2021, 10:50:28 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/march-through-time-in-fortnite-creative-is-a-new-experience-educating-players-on-dr-king%E2%80%99s-extraordinary-life.477219/

This is the best example of how to use your platform as a big AAA game studio good job Fortnite and others need to take note. So many kids are going to be exposed to this and will learn more than in school this is huge!

:larry
« Last Edit: August 26, 2021, 10:59:31 AM by HaughtyFrank »

SmokyDave

« Reply #48306 on: August 26, 2021, 11:09:09 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/march-through-time-in-fortnite-creative-is-a-new-experience-educating-players-on-dr-king%E2%80%99s-extraordinary-life.477219/page-2#post-72106800

Quote from: Cyclone
Maybe I am confused here, but why are people mad? Teaching people, especially kids, more about MLK is a good thing.

Cyclone, if you read this, that's literally all they have. That's what they do. They have communal depression and will excise anyone trying to change that.

Y'know what happens when they actually get what they want? This:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/rainbow-six-siege-introduces-osa-the-games-first-transgender-operator.472347/

Dead as fuck thread because they know they can't swing on the creator, and they have no other way to interact.

BikeJesus

« Reply #48307 on: August 26, 2021, 11:17:32 AM »
Hahaha the new Karl Jobst video about Billy Mitchell reveals that Notch offered to pay all Karls legal bills, and is doing so. Finally, eggman has the evidence that Karl is a full on white supremacist.

Vertigo

« Reply #48308 on: August 26, 2021, 12:17:12 PM »
Seriously,Why the fuck she closed the "I got syphilis because I hired a korean prostitute". The guy owned up that he "fetishes" koreans (the horror) and it was a dumb idea. Is she mad because she just realized that most of RE dont give a fuck about that shit?

It seems any thread referencing heterosexual sexual activity gets locked. Usually by morrigan.

At this point they need a clear list of Reee approved conversations that you are and not allowed to have.

The thread had discussion value and was slightly funny.

lol at that OP paying for puss though.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #48309 on: August 26, 2021, 12:19:16 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/march-through-time-in-fortnite-creative-is-a-new-experience-educating-players-on-dr-king%E2%80%99s-extraordinary-life.477219/

This is the best example of how to use your platform as a big AAA game studio good job Fortnite and others need to take note. So many kids are going to be exposed to this and will learn more than in school this is huge!

(Image removed from quote.)

https://twitter.com/abbas_skl567/status/1430893561067687950

NekoFever

« Reply #48310 on: August 26, 2021, 12:27:31 PM »
Y'know what happens when they actually get what they want? This:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/rainbow-six-siege-introduces-osa-the-games-first-transgender-operator.472347/

Dead as fuck thread because they know they can't swing on the creator, and they have no other way to interact.

Interested to see more about her gadget.

:yikes

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #48311 on: August 26, 2021, 12:29:34 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/david-hayter-voice-of-snake-writer-of-x-men-and-x2-comes-to-the-defense-of-quinton-flynn-voice-of-raiden-and-axel-and-accused-sexual-predator.477267/

fortunately cancel culture doesn't exist.

It's disappointing to say the least and worth mentioning that David is/was a close collaborator and friend of another sexual predator, X-Men Director, Brian Singer.

Is that worth mentioning though when Hayter never defended Singer?  :doge

Switters

« Reply #48312 on: August 26, 2021, 12:38:47 PM »
Is Rowdy Roddy Piper problematic, because he sat behind me at a minor league baseball game in 87.
troll

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #48313 on: August 26, 2021, 12:46:37 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/david-hayter-voice-of-snake-writer-of-x-men-and-x2-comes-to-the-defense-of-quinton-flynn-voice-of-raiden-and-axel-and-accused-sexual-predator.477267/
I just want to clarify that the court case was not about the claims of sexual harassment and abuse, but an order of protection. The court merely ordered that the person who accused him needed to delete and remove all accounts online as it was creating undue duress for Flynn and his family. They did not state Flynn was innocent.
This is not how the presumption of innocence works.

paprikastaude

« Reply #48314 on: August 26, 2021, 01:08:02 PM »
Is Rowdy Roddy Piper problematic, because he sat behind me at a minor league baseball game in 87.

They Live broaches fake white struggles and is too critical of our corporate overlords. So yes. And cancel Carpenter along with him, did that guy even say anything nice about Marvel?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2021, 01:14:23 PM by Spieler1 »

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #48315 on: August 26, 2021, 01:22:22 PM »
I once saw him beat an African American man for 15 minutes, because he wouldn't try on his brand of sun glasses.
He also shot up a bank, because he ran out of bubblegum.

M

« Reply #48316 on: August 26, 2021, 01:27:35 PM »
What in the actual fuck at that Korean prostitute thread. He hired a prostitute and fucked her raw because she said she was clean? Yes, makes sense. Clearly that is the type of activity a clean prostitute would participate in.

I can't tell if it is a meme thread or not. Resetera is filled with Johns, so it very likely is real. I remember when some John appeared out of no where to tell me all Johns are good people and I shouldn't judge them. Then he proceeded to tell me about his girlfriend who is a prostitute and who he met using her services :kobeyuck

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #48317 on: August 26, 2021, 01:30:22 PM »
What in the actual fuck at that Korean prostitute thread. He hired a prostitute and fucked her raw because she said she was clean? Yes, makes sense. Clearly that is the type of activity a clean prostitute would participate in.

I can't tell if it is a meme thread or not. Resetera is filled with Johns, so it very likely is real. I remember when some John appeared out of no where to tell me all Johns are good people and I shouldn't judge them. Then he proceeded to tell me about his girlfriend who is a prostitute and who he met using her services :kobeyuck
Why do you automatically assume she was at fault?

Maybe he didn't clean his dick :kermit
🤴

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #48318 on: August 26, 2021, 01:30:39 PM »

oh indeed, he painted himself half black for a match with bad news brown for starters :rash
(ice)

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #48319 on: August 26, 2021, 01:30:45 PM »
MLK: "I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

Era rushing into breaking news of tragedy: "What colour is the perpetator so I know how to post in this topic?"

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #48320 on: August 26, 2021, 02:00:15 PM »
I'm team indoor cats. People do shitty things to wandering cats.
At one time a 4 year old pulled our cat's tail (she apparently did that to her own cat who didn't mind) our cat really fucked her up and even her parents agreed the 4 year old should've known better.
I was like 12 at the time and really worried they would put down the cat for attacking the kid. But here cats have immunity.

Here people do shitty things to people that do shitty things to (wandering) cats.

When the house cat doesn't like you, you are pretty much fucked and won't get invited much  :doge

So, terrorists could train a cat to kill political targets? :thinking

In my country, if you can train cat to  kill a man you are considered. President.   
Or prestigious man of
good import
sigh

Snoopycat_

« Reply #48321 on: August 26, 2021, 02:11:08 PM »
Pffff. That’s old school. DARPA trained bees to carry explosives

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #48322 on: August 26, 2021, 02:40:00 PM »

Do you get to shoot him? Because if they really want to educate American kids about their own history, then assassinating people advocating for civil rights is something of a national pastime.
Spud

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #48323 on: August 26, 2021, 02:40:29 PM »
Diplocatic Immunity
©@©™

BrokenVerses

« Reply #48324 on: August 26, 2021, 03:20:09 PM »

Biden is responsible for the way the US left Afghanistan. He is responsible for the chaos, he is responsible for the panicked evacuations in a Taliban controlled country, he is responsible for this situation existing in the first place.

Can this forum EVER stop seeing every single piece of information, every news, every decision and every death through the lens of how it will embolden or weaken Republicans? Could you guys ever stop thinking about optics and how it relates to various american election campaigns? It's such an incredibly ignorant, disgusting part of so many threads in this forum.

You have innocents dying at the hand of the Taliban and the reactions boil down to "Oh no! I hope that doesn't allow Republicans to make Biden look bad." and "Well, it's too bad, but there really was no other way" because if there was any other way that would mean, OH NO, that Republicans could make Biden look bad! The horror!

This whole retreat from Afghanistan couldn't possibly have been handled in a worse way. Trump couldn't have fucked this up any worse. In fact, it's so incredibly amateurish, so chaotic, so utterly disastrous that I would have expected it from Trump. But this is on Biden and his government and their allies.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/suicide-bombing-attack-on-kabul-airport-13-dead-3-us-servicemen-injured-suspected-to-be-isis-k-update-second-attack-followed.477240/page-6#post-72122997

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #48325 on: August 26, 2021, 03:26:41 PM »

whelp Biden is toast after this.

:salute
🤴

Superstar

« Reply #48326 on: August 26, 2021, 03:53:06 PM »

Biden is responsible for the way the US left Afghanistan. He is responsible for the chaos, he is responsible for the panicked evacuations in a Taliban controlled country, he is responsible for this situation existing in the first place.

Can this forum EVER stop seeing every single piece of information, every news, every decision and every death through the lens of how it will embolden or weaken Republicans? Could you guys ever stop thinking about optics and how it relates to various american election campaigns? It's such an incredibly ignorant, disgusting part of so many threads in this forum.

You have innocents dying at the hand of the Taliban and the reactions boil down to "Oh no! I hope that doesn't allow Republicans to make Biden look bad." and "Well, it's too bad, but there really was no other way" because if there was any other way that would mean, OH NO, that Republicans could make Biden look bad! The horror!

This whole retreat from Afghanistan couldn't possibly have been handled in a worse way. Trump couldn't have fucked this up any worse. In fact, it's so incredibly amateurish, so chaotic, so utterly disastrous that I would have expected it from Trump. But this is on Biden and his government and their allies.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/suicide-bombing-attack-on-kabul-airport-13-dead-3-us-servicemen-injured-suspected-to-be-isis-k-update-second-attack-followed.477240/page-6#post-72122997
Sure he will be banned for something unrelated shortly

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018

Boredfrom

« Reply #48328 on: August 26, 2021, 04:17:18 PM »

Hopefully (Trump wouldn’t have done worse my ass)

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #48329 on: August 26, 2021, 04:26:10 PM »
Doubt this clusterfuck would have happened under a Bernie Sanders administration.

You get what you vote for.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #48330 on: August 26, 2021, 04:44:16 PM »

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #48331 on: August 26, 2021, 04:45:19 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/taliban-has-retaken-full-control-of-afghanistan-and-declare-islamic-emirate.471840/page-55#post-72050028

Quote from: capitalCORN
Quote from: BringBackSonics
That girl skipping is just great. I'm glad they are out.
Could you please hold ground and realize what a fuckup this is. Take it on the fucking chin for once. Otherwise this will hold as much water as the refugees with their uteruses unbolwed.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/taliban-has-retaken-full-control-of-afghanistan-and-declare-islamic-emirate.471840/page-55#post-72051972

That bouncing child isn't going to heaven, it's going through human immigration.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/taliban-has-retaken-full-control-of-afghanistan-and-declare-islamic-emirate.471840/page-55#post-72052626
Still don't get what you are trying to say?
What's the point of a single gif if the pass is still tenable. Good, a kid who doesn't know shithole this is.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/taliban-has-retaken-full-control-of-afghanistan-and-declare-islamic-emirate.471840/page-55#post-72054990

User banned (permanent): Relentless and continued trolling and hostility, immediately upon returning from a one-month ban for the same thing. Long history of the same behaviour.

The point is she is happy and has a moment of Joy, compared to what she likely had been dealing with. For her, at that moment, she was happy. That is the point.
And who failed to make this to make it, 'a good thing'. Just an illiterate moment for the irony of the worst thing possible.
Quote from: GYODX
I think they're trying to say that the US is as much a shithole as a Taliban-controlled Afghanistan.

Which is just... lol.
DRONE STRIKES ARE EXTRAJUDICIAL MURDERS IN CONTRAVENTION OF NORMAL INTERNATIONAL LAW.
Quote from: kmfdmpig
No one knows what you're trying to say in this set of messages, so maybe elaborate?

If I had to guess I'd say you're asking posters not to celebrate this as the overall situation is still terrible. I don't think anyone is busting out giant "mission accomplished" signs or saying "all is well, one child is happy". With that said, it seems human and fine to be happy that a child is able to experience joy in the midst of so much turmoil and disruption.
Acceptance comes too quick for you.

It's not just an american enterprise, it's a gang rape. take your fucking pills

Forgot his meds or something.
OBE

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #48332 on: August 26, 2021, 04:50:27 PM »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/breathing-adequately-while-performing-oral-sex-is-not-that-difficult.476646/

Quote from: Jack Bauer
So stop using lack of oxygen as an excuse not to do it. Thanks.

Sheng Long mod got to it before Morrigan, but he was due for a ban.
OBE

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #48333 on: August 26, 2021, 04:56:39 PM »
whelp Biden is toast after this.

:salute

https://www.resetera.com/threads/suicide-bombing-attack-on-kabul-airport-13-dead-3-us-servicemen-injured-suspected-to-be-isis-k-update-second-attack-followed.477240/page-7#post-72127122

User Banned (Permanent): Troll account

Quote from: shappi
Quote from: Gunny T Highway
The guy your avatar is almost started a war with Iran back in Jan 2020. That is far worse than anything that has happened here. And in that civilians in an airplane got shot down and some military people were actually killed because he decided to kill an Iranian general. Mind you that general was not a good guy, but attacking a military leader is an act of war.
trump is a distinguished mentally-challenged fellow, my avatar was suppose to be funny.
OBE

BIONIC

« Reply #48334 on: August 26, 2021, 05:07:52 PM »
Another brother lost  :nintex
Margs

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #48335 on: August 26, 2021, 05:11:46 PM »
Era doesn't even censor the word distinguished mentally-challenged fellow, they're the edgier forum after all.  :doge

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #48336 on: August 26, 2021, 05:15:32 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/suicide-bombing-attack-on-kabul-airport-72-dead-including-12-us-servicemen-isis-k-claiming-responsibility-developments-are-ongoing.477240/page-3#post-72111597

User banned (2 weeks): ableist trolling over a series of posts and derailing a serious thread

Quote from: Bear Cub in Sky
You want the orange cheeto running this thing?
Well Kamala is next in line, and she doesn't seem to be in cognitive decline.
OBE

paprikastaude

« Reply #48337 on: August 26, 2021, 05:20:42 PM »

I wonder how many resettis are furiously scanning his posting history rn.

Boredfrom

« Reply #48338 on: August 26, 2021, 05:28:40 PM »
Hopefully.

BIONIC

« Reply #48339 on: August 26, 2021, 05:42:29 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/overwatch-jesse-mccrees-name-will-be-changed.477417/page-4#post-72132807

Quote from: Nepenthe, post: 72132807, member: 1995
The Overwatch devs have no real power to affect the systemic change needed at the company, especially since- as far as we know- their team wasn't the one involved in any fuckery. Their involvement, thus far, has been that a character in their game is named after a sexual predator named in the lawsuit, and they have acknowledged they will retroactively edit the franchise and rename the character to disavow themselves from what's happening with Blizzard at large. Individual employees have also been in support of the walkouts on social media.

So the question people need to ask is what they want this too-small dev team to do. Kill Bobby? While that would be fucking metal, they're not going to do that.

Always charitable to the little guy that nepnep. Nothing to do with wanting to fuck one of the game’s characters I’m sure  :kermit
Margs

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #48340 on: August 26, 2021, 05:54:32 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/overwatch-jesse-mccrees-name-will-be-changed.477417/page-4#post-72132807

The Overwatch devs have no real power to affect the systemic change needed at the company, especially since- as far as we know- their team wasn't the one involved in any fuckery. Their involvement, thus far, has been that a character in their game is named after a sexual predator named in the lawsuit, and they have acknowledged they will retroactively edit the franchise and rename the character to disavow themselves from what's happening with Blizzard at large. Individual employees have also been in support of the walkouts on social media.

So the question people need to ask is what they want this too-small dev team to do. Kill Bobby? While that would be fucking metal, they're not going to do that.

Always charitable to the little guy that nepnep. Nothing to do with wanting to fuck one of the game’s characters I’m sure  :kermit

Overwatch has a furry character now? :titus

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #48341 on: August 26, 2021, 05:54:35 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/mike-richards-out-as-%E2%80%98jeopardy-%E2%80%99-host-amid-cascade-of-scandals.474441/page-8#post-71996700

Quote from: MrNewVegas
Fuck all y’all’s picks, I wanna see Henry Rollins.

:ohhh That could be interesting.
OBE

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #48342 on: August 26, 2021, 06:03:08 PM »

FACT CHECK:
Quote from: B-Dubs
Literally every publisher and studio in the industry is guilty of misogyny and sexism. There isn't a single one that hasn't had someone come forward against them. Ubisoft, Riot, Insomniac, Microsoft, Naughty Dog, the list goes on and on and on. Big publishers and independent developers both. This is systemic across the entire industry. Banning just one publisher/studio and not all of the others sends a message that we only care about this when it gets particularly bad. It's wholly unacceptable regardless of who does it.

Banning just Acti/Blizz sends the message that it's just them that's the problem. They aren't the only ones. It's everyone. Every game we enjoy is tainted by this, there is no getting around that or minimizing it. This is why we pointed people towards charities to help women because this is a systemic problem. You cannot pretend it's just Acti/Blizz because it isn't. You don't get to write this off as just a single studio or publisher.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #48343 on: August 26, 2021, 06:06:06 PM »

Overwatch has a furry character now? :titus

Yeah, Winston.
©@©™

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #48344 on: August 26, 2021, 08:58:48 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/apple-places-female-engineering-program-manager-on-administrative-leave-after-tweeting-about-sexism-harassment-and-assault-in-the-office.473163/page-4#post-71883183

User Banned (1 Week): Inflammatory Generalization and Attack of Fellow Members; Meta Commentary

Quote from: GoldenFlex
Quote from: RecLib
And then you compared it to some of the "controversy" threads that DO get a lot of replies, especially the ones involving women in any way that do get a lot of replies, and you paint a pretty clear picture of a larger cultural problem here on era.
The fact that most of the apple posters I see on this section havent said anything is also rather telling... Not even a "oh this is not good..." Response. As the saying goes, silence is violence.

Ignored the alt until he talked shit about apple fanboys. :thinking
OBE

Propagandhim

« Reply #48345 on: August 26, 2021, 09:48:50 PM »

Look, we're not saying all devs at Blizzard are guilty, but they share some culpability for harboring and shielding the guilty in the other departments within the company.  ADAB

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #48346 on: August 26, 2021, 10:45:12 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/scotus-ends-the-federal-eviction-moratorium-over-the-dissents-of-the-three-democratic-appointees.477642/page-2#post-72148887

Quote from: jWILL253
Quote from: Warhawk4Ever
stop with the hyperbole.
Hyperbole? Millions of people are about to be thrown out on the fucking street because a bunch of old dumbasses in life-appointed positions have chosen to be selective about which president gets a rubber stamp on all executive decisions. And Congress can't do shit about it if they tried, due to the traitors in their own party. All of this in the middle of a fucking pandemic that's getting worse by the day.

Fuck off.
:badass
OBE

Boredfrom

« Reply #48347 on: August 26, 2021, 11:09:02 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/apple-places-female-engineering-program-manager-on-administrative-leave-after-tweeting-about-sexism-harassment-and-assault-in-the-office.473163/page-4#post-71883183

User Banned (1 Week): Inflammatory Generalization and Attack of Fellow Members; Meta Commentary

Quote from: GoldenFlex
Quote from: RecLib
And then you compared it to some of the "controversy" threads that DO get a lot of replies, especially the ones involving women in any way that do get a lot of replies, and you paint a pretty clear picture of a larger cultural problem here on era.
The fact that most of the apple posters I see on this section havent said anything is also rather telling... Not even a "oh this is not good..." Response. As the saying goes, silence is violence.

Ignored the alt until he talked shit about apple fanboys. :thinking

The reason why it isn’t blowing up at Era is that the Apple dev gets barely 100 likes or RT at twitter. Era can bitch and moan about social media but they care a lot about what is trending there.

Boredfrom

« Reply #48348 on: August 26, 2021, 11:16:35 PM »
CANCEL QUAKE YOU COWARDS

https://www.resetera.com/threads/quake-available-on-xbox-one-series-game-pass-ps4-switch-pc-remastered-visuals-old-new-dlcs-quake-64-local-online-mp-w-crossplay-9-99.473919/page-32#post-72150348

Yikes at all the tarbaby stuff i had no idea it was a racial slur either BUT this wasn't a community thing as it was deff someone at iD that made it, as its in the quakec and the actual name of the .mdl file is tarbaby.mdl ...look

Going by the quotes in the wiki, seems that Adrian Carmack is to blame. 😕   

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #48349 on: August 26, 2021, 11:28:39 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2021-ot-3-rage-against-the-manchin.463401/page-81#post-72148587

Quote from: Funky Dude Sparks
How any of you still watch network news is just beyond my comprehension

Network news is the heroin of the doomposter

At some point, you have to stop playing around with pundits

it's not healthy and may actually ironypoison you to the point where you become a blue CHUD.

I remember being news network junkie and being a twitter junkie, it's like alcohol addiction but with social media

you have to stop ERA is going ironypoison themselves into an actual depression and all of that

I don't this thread and ERA acclerating their ironypoisoning into actual CHUDs

I hate to say touch grass but really doom posting and irony poisoning is just the worst

don't accept continual misery into your hearts!

When you accept continual misery into your hearts + ironypoison it makes actual nihilism seem fucking logical

All of y'all need to cut the cord holy shit

Did have a stroke?
OBE

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #48350 on: August 26, 2021, 11:32:10 PM »
He ain’t wrong.

Boredfrom

« Reply #48351 on: August 26, 2021, 11:43:24 PM »
Jeez. Its sad that I'm not surprised they'd use a racial slur in the game files, considering its a Lovecraft inspired game made by (mostly?) white guys, most of which are libertarians. Not to sound like I'm condoning it. 

WHY DOES THESE WHITE SCUM ARE NOT CANCELLED?

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #48352 on: August 27, 2021, 12:27:23 AM »
I don't really like the spinning of overwatch as having some small powerless dev team when they're still being bankrolled by the biggest company in videogames and probably have around 100~ employees. 10 employees maybe, 20 employees maybe but not a 100 and not at fucking blizzard.

And you think they really named the character after him innocently when he was a known creep? no doubt it was some hur hur mc cree is such a sick ass ladies man lets make him the cowboy

this is what i would post at reset but dont because lol at arguing with a mod on there

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #48354 on: August 27, 2021, 03:15:45 AM »
I don't really like the spinning of overwatch as having some small powerless dev team when they're still being bankrolled by the biggest company in videogames and probably have around 100~ employees. 10 employees maybe, 20 employees maybe but not a 100 and not at fucking blizzard.

And you think they really named the character after him innocently when he was a known creep? no doubt it was some hur hur mc cree is such a sick ass ladies man lets make him the cowboy

this is what i would post at reset but dont because lol at arguing with a mod on there

its just mental gymnastics so they can continue to consoom :brain
(ice)

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #48355 on: August 27, 2021, 05:06:28 AM »
CANCEL QUAKE YOU COWARDS

https://www.resetera.com/threads/quake-available-on-xbox-one-series-game-pass-ps4-switch-pc-remastered-visuals-old-new-dlcs-quake-64-local-online-mp-w-crossplay-9-99.473919/page-32#post-72150348

Yikes at all the tarbaby stuff i had no idea it was a racial slur either BUT this wasn't a community thing as it was deff someone at iD that made it, as its in the quakec and the actual name of the .mdl file is tarbaby.mdl ...look

"I had no idea it was a slur but they absolutely did!!"
What kind of logic is that?  :lol

Also after a quick Google search it seems debatable whether it has a racist meaning or not

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #48356 on: August 27, 2021, 06:51:14 AM »
devs were such insular nerds back then that my immediate assumption is that it's a reference to linux .tar archive files

like guybrush from monkey island was named that because they didn't know what to call him so his art file was named guy.brush and it stuck
Uncle

Snoopycat_

« Reply #48357 on: August 27, 2021, 06:59:22 AM »
Today that sad wanker with the dog avatar is upset about Reddit allowing different viewpoints -

While we appreciate the sentiment of those demanding that we ban more communities that challenge consensus views on the pandemic, we continue to believe in the good of our communities and hope that we collectively approach the challenges of the pandemic with empathy, compassion, and a willingness to understand what others are going through, even when their viewpoint on the pandemic is different from yours."

even when their viewpoint on the pandemic is different from yours.

the fuck is this nonsense

:gddr5  :gddr5 :gddr5

The whole thread is full of the usual rejects crying about Reddit

https://www.resetera.com/threads/reddit-has-decided-to-continue-to-allow-covid-19-and-vaccine-misinformation-on-the-website.476994/#post-72076038

Boredfrom

« Reply #48358 on: August 27, 2021, 08:43:22 AM »
People hate the new Saints Row because they are bigots:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/vgc-saint’s-row-reboot-is-dividing-fans-as-volition-says-it-‘won’t-back-down’.477774/page-5

Seeing how many people are this out of touch about contemporary fashion trends and what younger generations consider to be cool or stylish is definitely the funniest part about all of this. It never even occurred to me to comment on the main character's designs because to me they just looked like normal people.

Some real strong "old man yells at cloud" energy going on.

When I think about modern gaming and fashion trends I think in RE. That fucking YT dislike bar just appeared from nowhere, those fucking boomers.

Boredfrom

« Reply #48359 on: August 27, 2021, 08:51:49 AM »
Just taking the reboot on its own merits, I do kinda like the attempt to give the characters a more relatable motivation (at least to begin with) than the old gang's desire for money and power. Games are often about power fantasies, so leaning into contemporary youth, primarily American youth, power fantasy of "Don't you just kinda want to burn this whole fucking thing down at this point?" is a solid starting point for rebooting a sandbox crime game for 2022.

It's a solid idea. Hope they land the execution.   

:lol  :lol  :lol

This is the same guy as “this is fashion” above.