Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 2179752 times)

Rahxephon91

Re: Other Forums Containment Thread
« Reply #37560 on: January 16, 2023, 11:22:08 AM »
They are all fucking losers.

Snoopycat_

« Reply #37561 on: January 16, 2023, 11:26:33 AM »
ITT Ree tries to figure out which hate crimes Mindy Kaling is guilty of

I keep seeing people say Mindy's made the show bad on purpose because it would drive "hate-watch" type engagement which would then make the show "a success" in the eyes of HBO.

Also she's a transphobe and a "cancel culture ruined everything" type so...

Wait what? She's a transphobe?

I do remember her statements on The Office. Couldn't be made today, etc.

Is there somewhere to read about the "indian loser" thing? I'm trying to research this but i'm coming up empty.

I see a lot of Indian women and men complain about how she always writes brown women going above and beyond to be noticed by white men on her shows

At the very least, she seems to support JK Rowling in her fight against the trans

Liking a JKR tweet is the evidence being used to label her a transphobe? Or has there been more evidence?

At the very least she could finally get over BJ Novak.

The Indians I know and in laws have been sick of her since Mindy Project.

Yeah Mindy's constant need to be colonized is getting old

so what's the deal here? is she an asshole or not?

My understanding is that she liked a tweet of Rowling’s without knowing the context behind it, then unliked it and unfollowed her when told of the context.

Unless there’s more that I’ve missed?

This is hilarious. They know she's guilty of a hate crime. They just can't figure out which one to pin on her

https://www.resetera.com/threads/looks-like-brown-folks-especially-brown-women-are-getting-tired-mindy-kalings-character-writing.676009/

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #37562 on: January 16, 2023, 11:27:35 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/who-are-your-favorite-black-character-designs-in-nintendo-games.675790/
Wonder why the post
As of writing this, tomorrow is MLK Day in the U.S. While there haven't been many leading roles for Black characters in Nintendo games, there have still been some excellent designs. I will lead with two recent examples.
Oh, no wonder

Oh wow, clicked this link at work and didn’t expect the horny posting in the OP. Arms, legs, and belly of the first woman and the second one is fetishized (fat). Mods help! He ain’t slick!

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #37563 on: January 16, 2023, 11:30:15 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-last-of-us-hbo-series-season-1-game-spoiler-ot-no-spores-same-scores-open-spoilers-for-tlou-1-2.674740/page-23#post-99746809

:cop User Banned (1 Month) - Dismissive and inappropriate commentary around a person's looks
Quote from: javiergame4
Great episode 1. I wish they got a better actor for Ellie though. Her face disturbs me.
OBE

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #37564 on: January 16, 2023, 11:33:32 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/black-myth-wukong-will-release-on-summer-2024-chinese-new-year-short-film.675910/#post-99743158

:cop User banned (permanent): Troll account
Quote from: ironknuckle
Cute video. Game looks great from what I've seen. Here's hoping the Chinese video game industry continues to prosper and grow and bring us many great games to play.

:huh
OBE

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #37565 on: January 16, 2023, 11:34:56 AM »

I keep seeing people say Mindy's made the show bad on purpose because it would drive "hate-watch" type engagement which would then make the show "a success" in the eyes of HBO.

Is there somewhere to read about the "indian loser" thing? I'm trying to research this but i'm coming up empty.

I see a lot of Indian women and men complain about how she always writes brown women going above and beyond to be noticed by white men on her shows

At the very least, she seems to support JK Rowling in her fight against the trans

Liking a JKR tweet is the evidence being used to label her a transphobe? Or has there been more evidence?

My understanding is that she liked a tweet of Rowling’s without knowing the context behind it, then unliked it and unfollowed her when told of the context.

This is hilarious. They know she's guilty of a hate crime. They just can't figure out which one to pin on her

https://www.resetera.com/threads/looks-like-brown-folks-especially-brown-women-are-getting-tired-mindy-kalings-character-writing.676009/
:dead

Skullfuckers Anonymous

« Reply #37566 on: January 16, 2023, 11:35:18 AM »
In other Constructive Discussion news...

Quote from: Android Sophia
Keep in mind, I'm not staff anymore...

Then shut the fuck up? I can’t imagine any opinion on bans more worthless than one coming from a former internet janitor.

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #37567 on: January 16, 2023, 11:39:32 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/two-thirds-of-wealth-created-since-pandemic-started-has-gone-to-top-1.675940/#post-99743176

Quote from: Uncivilized Elk, post: 99743176, member: 58124
Do guillotine memes still (stupidly) get you a ban here?

:cop User Thread-Banned: Mod Whining
OBE

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #37568 on: January 16, 2023, 11:39:39 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/who-are-your-favorite-black-character-designs-in-nintendo-games.675790/
Wonder why the post
As of writing this, tomorrow is MLK Day in the U.S. While there haven't been many leading roles for Black characters in Nintendo games, there have still been some excellent designs. I will lead with two recent examples.
Oh, no wonder

Oh wow, clicked this link at work and didn’t expect the horny posting in the OP. Arms, legs, and belly of the first woman and the second one is fetishized (fat). Mods help! He ain’t slick!
With their latest banning policy on banning someone from months ago that OP is gonna get ban.

Averon

« Reply #37569 on: January 16, 2023, 11:42:58 AM »
Quote from: Yestertide
If you're someone who's spent years of your life and time aggressively defending the sex pest company Ubisoft to the hilt, it's better not to also try to paper over unabashed casual homophobia as though it's defensible. Just please, come on and listen to oneself already.

:dead

People still remember Crossing Eden's Ubisoft astro-turfing days. Crazy how he never got perma banned for it. It was so blatant at that.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #37570 on: January 16, 2023, 11:52:12 AM »

But don't pretend that Jaded Alyx wasn't just horny posting. Unless you are going to sit here and tell me that somehow the only examples they personally could find were all somehow women. With large breasts. And legs.
:exxy
Had I been staff still, I almost certainly would have pushed for the month ban because that kind of behavior in a public place is creepy and disturbing to me as a woman.

Quote from: Morrigan
It's creepy-ass behaviour honestly. A week is light and y'all are whining?

Edit: checking the thread and this one too, of course it's all dudes whining about the ban. Fucking Christ, so predictable you can set your watch to it. 😂 PSA on how not to get banned, male posters: stop being a fucking creep

:yuck :exxy :yuck HUSSIES! :yuck :exxy :yuck
« Last Edit: January 16, 2023, 11:57:48 AM by benjipwns »

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #37571 on: January 16, 2023, 12:01:39 PM »
Those thick and firm college volleyball players are making me feel very dysphoric rn :social
Margs

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #37572 on: January 16, 2023, 12:02:02 PM »

But don't pretend that Jaded Alyx wasn't just horny posting. Unless you are going to sit here and tell me that somehow the only examples they personally could find were all somehow women. With large breasts. And legs.
Had I been staff still, I almost certainly would have pushed for the month ban because that kind of behavior in a public place is creepy and disturbing to me as a woman.

Edit: checking the thread and this one too, of course it's all dudes whining about the ban. Fucking Christ, so predictable you can set your watch to it. 😂 PSA on how not to get banned, male posters: stop being a fucking creep

User banned (1 week): Posting objectifying content over multiple posts
:ufup

NekoFever

« Reply #37573 on: January 16, 2023, 12:05:08 PM »

Holy shit, are they actually referring to an Asian woman with a white love interest as “being colonised”?  :lol

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #37574 on: January 16, 2023, 12:10:33 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/amazon-to-part-ways-with-jeremy-clarkson-after-final-batch-of-commissioned-shows-go-to-air.676015/#post-99753943

Quote from: Zor, post: 99753943, member: 27400
inb4 the photo meme of Clarkson that this forum still seemingly allows.

Oh no, I’ve seen a perfectly innocuous meme  :walkaway
Margs

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #37575 on: January 16, 2023, 12:13:52 PM »
RustyNails
Mindy Kaling, Kumail Nanjiani, Aziz Ansari, Russell Peters, etc, have done nothing for South Asian representation. They have made jokes at the expense of South Asians and in some cases made fun. As soon as you get platform, hahaha desi losers, hahaha funny accent, smelly food. etc
BossAttack
So? They are South Asian. What, they can't tell jokes about their own culture? The fuck?
RustyNails
Literally the most braindead take in this thread, holy shit. Please see yourself out.
:derp

Tuckers Law

« Reply #37576 on: January 16, 2023, 12:18:34 PM »

God bless women's volleyball, and God Bless The Ring

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #37577 on: January 16, 2023, 12:19:38 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/amazon-to-part-ways-with-jeremy-clarkson-after-final-batch-of-commissioned-shows-go-to-air.676015/#post-99753943

Quote from: Zor, post: 99753943, member: 27400
inb4 the photo meme of Clarkson that this forum still seemingly allows.

Oh no, I’ve seen a perfectly innocuous meme  :walkaway
I hope he goes blind.

ShutUp

« Reply #37578 on: January 16, 2023, 12:23:54 PM »
“Stop being creeps you fucking MEN” screeches Morrigan

Meanwhile, from an “attractive male characters in gaming” thread from 2020

https://www.resetera.com/threads/attractive-male-characters-in-gaming.270954/page-9

Morrigan posts a picture of a shirtless Jin from Ghost of Tsushima

So who’s the creep, you fucking hypocrite?

Oh look another attractive male thread, from just a few months earlier than that, this one 16 pages instead of 9. Morrigan probably somewhere in those 16 pages too. Bonus points for this thread because on page 2, someone dared ask if they could have an attractive female characters in gaming thread and you guessed it folks, they caught a one week ban for “concern trolling” and pointing out hypocrisy.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/attractive-men-in-video-games.183384/

But lets give a week long ban (it would be a MONTH if the former fascist mod Sophia were in charge!) to someone who was pointing out how the character designs the games creators all came up with were similar, just because the pixels jiggled a little bit.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2023, 12:36:46 PM by ShutUp »

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #37579 on: January 16, 2023, 12:29:21 PM »
I think one of the funniest things about "social justice" Twitter is how often people ignore that people openly claim plural status on their profiles and we're supposed to act like they are totally rational and honest people.

What is a plural? Never heard of this before and have no idea what it means

Effectively multiple personalities.  They have their own terminology like "headmates" (which can apparently die including the "dominant" personality of the body itself).  There is at least one ex-Era staff that claims to be a plural system (their headmates have their own twitter accounts).

Frankly, progressives are not ready for plurality if it becomes a civil rights battle  Assuming it actually turns into one of course and doesn't just go the way of otherkin that was pretty agreed on to be mental illness.  If we take an objective stance and assume it's real, it will genuinely be a nightmare that will split people's opinions down the middle and probably lead to some new terminology similar to TERF that separates the pro-plural progressives from the anti-plural ones.  There are so many fucked up scenarios (many of which have been tackled in fiction) that makes a rights battle for plurals extremely difficult.

That is, for want of a better word, mental.

oh it gets much worse than that

some of your headmates might be "fictives:" existing fictional characters who nonetheless have decided to inhabit your particular body, like twilight sparkle or velma

they will have arguments over whether someone else is faking because the way their fictive acts isn't consistent with how they act on the show, and that the fictive actually inhabits your body instead of theirs

some of your headmates might be "littles:" underage children who suddenly pop up like "goo goo ga ga im 6 and what is this"

(if this were real you'd be regularly subjecting them to child abuse/molestation, but nobody ever wants to talk about that)

remember they don't characterize this as roleplaying, they all claim to actually believe this is real, but get into fights with each over over whose is more real and who is a secret infiltrator from another group

like the tulpas, which don't manifest from trauma but because you intentionally create them with mental magic

What is a tulpa?

A tulpa is a mental companion created by focused thought and recurrent interaction, similar to an imaginary friend. However, unlike them, tulpas possess their own will, thoughts and emotions, allowing them to act independently.

So is this like schizophrenia/multiple personality disorder/dissociative identity disorder?

Not at all! Schizophrenia and DID (formerly called MPD, and still called MPD in some areas outside the US) are disorders characterized by clinically significant distress, dysfunction, or danger. Schizophrenia is a breakdown in perception of physical reality and consistency that has strong genetic influences, and does not always involve hearing voices. DID is a dissociative disorder typically caused by childhood trauma.

Neither disorder is "self-inflicted", and we recognize them as very different experiences from tulpa creation. The experience of having tulpas is much more accurately likened to the experiences of fiction writers whose characters come alive and begin talking to them; in fact, a great number of tulpa creators have formed tulpas that way!

read this subreddit for 30 seconds and get brain cancer: https://www.reddit.com/r/Tulpas/
Uncle

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #37580 on: January 16, 2023, 12:31:05 PM »
“Stop being creeps you fucking MEN” screeches Morrigan

Meanwhile, from an “attractive male characters in gaming” thread from 2020

https://www.resetera.com/threads/attractive-male-characters-in-gaming.270954/page-9

Morrigan posts a picture of a shirtless Jin from Ghost of Tsushima

So who’s the creep, you fucking hypocrite?

Oh look another attractive male thread, from just a few months earlier than that, this one 16 pages instead of 9. Morrigan probably somewhere in those 16 pages too

https://www.resetera.com/threads/attractive-men-in-video-games.183384/

But lets give a week long ban (it would be a MONTH if the former fascist mod Sophia were in charge!) to someone who was pointing out how character designs the games creators all came up with because the pixels jiggled a little bit.
Of course a Ree user posts a underage boy :jared
Said user's tag
Editor at Nintendo Wire
:kobeyuck

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #37581 on: January 16, 2023, 12:31:10 PM »

Holy shit, are they actually referring to an Asian woman with a white love interest as “being colonised”?  :lol

I wonder how they feel that one element of the super beloved Indian movie RRR was that one of the guys was lusting after the white colonizer girl?

ShutUp

« Reply #37582 on: January 16, 2023, 12:44:02 PM »
Oh and read this page where they really stumble over themselves to justify why shirtless sweaty male game characters is perfectly fine actually

https://www.resetera.com/threads/attractive-men-in-video-games.183384/page-6

Boredfrom

« Reply #37583 on: January 16, 2023, 12:49:51 PM »
This Andrew Tate stuff is confusing me, because I do not know or care who the fuck he is,

Eh… in this case, maybe you should before going “he was set up”.

Pwnz

« Reply #37584 on: January 16, 2023, 01:05:16 PM »
Theres so much projection and undue hatred in that Mindy thread. The egos some people have is off the charts.

Skullfuckers Anonymous

« Reply #37585 on: January 16, 2023, 01:08:42 PM »
is UK the most transphobic country? (outside of the ones who will execute you outright I guess)

:lol :lol :lol

https://www.resetera.com/threads/uk-government-to-block-scottish-bill-that-makes-it-easier-for-people-to-change-their-legal-gender.676099/#post-99764119

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #37586 on: January 16, 2023, 01:19:24 PM »
is UK the most transphobic country? (outside of the ones who will execute you outright I guess)

https://www.resetera.com/threads/uk-government-to-block-scottish-bill-that-makes-it-easier-for-people-to-change-their-legal-gender.676099/#post-99764119

If what the UK does is a trans genocide then what do they call trans people getting executed?

Pwnz

« Reply #37587 on: January 16, 2023, 01:20:38 PM »
Era seems to have a pattern in which it adamantly demands female writers to provide equal representation of all personality types and forms of identification. This isn't their job. Where are these list of demands for prominent male writers? Fanboyism for Gunn, Snyder, Conan. There's a word for this, 🤔

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #37588 on: January 16, 2023, 01:23:52 PM »

If what the UK does is a trans genocide then what do they call trans people getting executed?
Hogwarts Legacy

Pwnz

« Reply #37589 on: January 16, 2023, 01:26:14 PM »
"rabble rabble she doesn't sexualize Indian people"

"Actually there's sex lives of college girls"

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #37590 on: January 16, 2023, 01:31:02 PM »

Is that what that quote is about? holy shit. :lol

Daffy Duck

« Reply #37591 on: January 16, 2023, 01:31:07 PM »
I think one of the funniest things about "social justice" Twitter is how often people ignore that people openly claim plural status on their profiles and we're supposed to act like they are totally rational and honest people.

What is a plural? Never heard of this before and have no idea what it means

Effectively multiple personalities.  They have their own terminology like "headmates" (which can apparently die including the "dominant" personality of the body itself).  There is at least one ex-Era staff that claims to be a plural system (their headmates have their own twitter accounts).

Frankly, progressives are not ready for plurality if it becomes a civil rights battle  Assuming it actually turns into one of course and doesn't just go the way of otherkin that was pretty agreed on to be mental illness.  If we take an objective stance and assume it's real, it will genuinely be a nightmare that will split people's opinions down the middle and probably lead to some new terminology similar to TERF that separates the pro-plural progressives from the anti-plural ones.  There are so many fucked up scenarios (many of which have been tackled in fiction) that makes a rights battle for plurals extremely difficult.

That is, for want of a better word, mental.

oh it gets much worse than that

some of your headmates might be "fictives:" existing fictional characters who nonetheless have decided to inhabit your particular body, like twilight sparkle or velma

they will have arguments over whether someone else is faking because the way their fictive acts isn't consistent with how they act on the show, and that the fictive actually inhabits your body instead of theirs

some of your headmates might be "littles:" underage children who suddenly pop up like "goo goo ga ga im 6 and what is this"

(if this were real you'd be regularly subjecting them to child abuse/molestation, but nobody ever wants to talk about that)

remember they don't characterize this as roleplaying, they all claim to actually believe this is real, but get into fights with each over over whose is more real and who is a secret infiltrator from another group

like the tulpas, which don't manifest from trauma but because you intentionally create them with mental magic

What is a tulpa?

A tulpa is a mental companion created by focused thought and recurrent interaction, similar to an imaginary friend. However, unlike them, tulpas possess their own will, thoughts and emotions, allowing them to act independently.

So is this like schizophrenia/multiple personality disorder/dissociative identity disorder?

Not at all! Schizophrenia and DID (formerly called MPD, and still called MPD in some areas outside the US) are disorders characterized by clinically significant distress, dysfunction, or danger. Schizophrenia is a breakdown in perception of physical reality and consistency that has strong genetic influences, and does not always involve hearing voices. DID is a dissociative disorder typically caused by childhood trauma.

Neither disorder is "self-inflicted", and we recognize them as very different experiences from tulpa creation. The experience of having tulpas is much more accurately likened to the experiences of fiction writers whose characters come alive and begin talking to them; in fact, a great number of tulpa creators have formed tulpas that way!

read this subreddit for 30 seconds and get brain cancer: https://www.reddit.com/r/Tulpas/

What the hell. That’s even more mental.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #37592 on: January 16, 2023, 01:33:04 PM »
there's always this consistent thread of "the US/UK is THE WORST place in the world for gay/trans/black/jewish/liberal people, who are getting genocided there daily"

when in fact those places are possibly the most accepting in the world?

like try to move to ecuador or ukraine or turkey or south africa, I dare you
Uncle

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #37593 on: January 16, 2023, 01:36:04 PM »
how are the weird ISIS/Taliban lovers on ree taking them backing Tate?
(ice)

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #37594 on: January 16, 2023, 01:44:23 PM »
Actually its kind of mental when you think about it that you can defend the taliban and ISIS on there, who have snatched thousands of lives between them. But you aren't allowed to admit to buying an upcoming video game based on a popular media franchise that will be sold at every major retailer that stocks them worldwide :society
(ice)

Hap Shaughnessy

OBE

Himu

« Reply #37596 on: January 16, 2023, 02:01:15 PM »
Mindy likes colonized dick!!
IYKYK

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #37597 on: January 16, 2023, 02:25:33 PM »
lol virtue signaling clowns.

You now how much money EU governments pay to the Taliban for 'Womens education' and other shit and they investigate blue checkmarks.
Why don't you investigate how many weapons Biden left behind for Ali and Abdul :lol
Just be glad they didn't join the Russians or whe'd be fighting for Warsaw instead of Kyiv right now.

Also what are we going to to about the Taliban? Go to war with them, that worked out well last time. :trumps
🤴

Tasty

« Reply #37598 on: January 16, 2023, 02:35:31 PM »

Please, tell me what to think!!!

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #37599 on: January 16, 2023, 02:41:01 PM »

the thing is, this actually matters to the forum game they're perpetually playing there

they're not asking what to think, they're asking for clarification of rule 963, paragraph B, subsection 12, so they can use it to move their piece ahead and perhaps knock some others out of the game
Uncle

Himu

« Reply #37600 on: January 16, 2023, 02:53:51 PM »

the thing is, this actually matters to the forum game they're perpetually playing there

they're not asking what to think, they're asking for clarification of rule 963, paragraph B, subsection 12, so they can use it to move their piece ahead and perhaps knock some others out of the game

Someone tell me if we should kill her or not!
IYKYK

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #37601 on: January 16, 2023, 02:56:01 PM »

The next trans-era twist

User warned: drive-by posting

Quote from: Person who thinks Rowling wants her shot
My feeling on a Kaling are complicated and I'm white so I am not touching most of this.

However as a trans person calm down on the transphobia angle please . The fact of this article and the body or Rowlings tweet it's easy to see her liking a " laughing all the way to the bank" tweet and then when she was called out not only unliked the tweet but also unfollowed Rowling. So while I'll give sideye and always wonder since she didn't make any kind of statement, it's also not some smoking gun, and as someone that actually already has so many people wanting me dead I don't need even more people hating me because some cis people decided to get offended for me when there is no need and I am not offended.

Quote from: Person who went mental when asking about someone's pronouns
She liked a tweet that pretty much went "Haters gonna hate, I still get paid," and then quietly unliked it after people quote retweeted with context of Rowling's transgressions.

While I wish she would've made a public statement about the matter, you immediately jumping to stating she is full support of Rowling's war on trans folk without providing any context is frustrating to see given how often trans folk have to explain in explicit detail anti-trans rhetoric.

"Calm down with the anti-trans accusations, only we are allowed to do that  ::)"

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #37602 on: January 16, 2023, 02:58:23 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/can-we-talk-about-the-respect-manga-creator-atsushi-ohkubo-puts-on-his-black-characters.676141/

Shame he didn't give the same respect to his female characters.

Can Black people have a moment on MLK Day?

Is this dismissing sexism?
Oi Oi

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #37603 on: January 16, 2023, 02:59:38 PM »
Goodbye all Nier threads.
I feel like the fact that it's like 50 images is the important point here. There's really no reason to use that many to make a point about character design, so it's kinda sus to have that many (and also given how when it came to male characters OP posted only a wiki article from what I've seen).

Like I can believe that OP really did make that thread with genuine intentions but there's definitely some sexist biases at play then.
Sexist? :lol
It's about how a bunch of different characters all look the same. How is fewer images the way to go to illustrate that you fucking distinguished mentally-challenged fellow?
 :mindblown
Spud

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #37604 on: January 16, 2023, 02:59:52 PM »
RE: Big Sick, three issues

1) Putting down Pakistani girls “because his parents sent them to him” to prop up white love interest

2) The well known “laughing at us” thing (cultural self loathing)

3) Casting non-brown actress to play as a Pakistani woman, bad accent included. (Vella Lovell)
https://www.resetera.com/threads/looks-like-brown-folks-especially-brown-women-are-getting-tired-mindy-kalings-character-writing.676009/post-99766708

Interesting to me when the very real and personal story of a pakistani guy is dismissed because it didn't fit their conceptions

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #37605 on: January 16, 2023, 03:03:34 PM »
Oh and read this page where they really stumble over themselves to justify why shirtless sweaty male game characters is perfectly fine actually

https://www.resetera.com/threads/attractive-men-in-video-games.183384/page-6

It's always like this.

"It's not a double standard" followed by exact definition of a double standard.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #37606 on: January 16, 2023, 03:11:16 PM »
🤴

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #37607 on: January 16, 2023, 03:27:40 PM »
ok I forfeit the label of ally
:idont

now what
Uncle

Tuckers Law

« Reply #37608 on: January 16, 2023, 03:33:59 PM »
I've kind of tuned Lara out ever since she started pimping her OnlyFans in her youtube channel feed, and picking fights with random people in her comments (sometimes for prudish comments, which is whatever, prudes gonna prude).  She's quite talented as a pianist, but I get the impression she's either been going through a personal crisis of some kind, or has decided to go into full mask-off bitch-mode.

Shame.

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #37609 on: January 16, 2023, 04:26:13 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/looks-like-brown-folks-especially-brown-women-are-getting-tired-mindy-kalings-character-writing.676009/page-4#post-99768403
Quote from: Slayven
If you know her brother, it explains a lot

https://www.resetera.com/threads/looks-like-brown-folks-especially-brown-women-are-getting-tired-mindy-kalings-character-writing.676009/page-4#post-99769588
Quote from: Funkelpop
Can you explain?
Mindy Kaling's brother: I faked being black to get into medical school | CNN
https://www.cnn.com/2015/04/07/living/feat-mindy-kaling-brother-affirmative-action/index.html
Actress Mindy Kaling's brother, Vijay Chokal-Ingam, says he posed as black to get into medical school. He's trying to pitch a book deal on the experience.
They both internalized white supremacy, it just manifests in different ways

The classic White supremacist ploy of pretending to be Black.
OBE

Tuckers Law

« Reply #37610 on: January 16, 2023, 04:31:42 PM »
Do I smell a Soul Man reboot?

TacoWallace

« Reply #37611 on: January 16, 2023, 04:34:04 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/so-i-havent-watched-any-of-the-disney-plus-marvel-shows-post-hawkeye-are-they-worth-watching.676171/page-2#post-99771946

Quote from: Uzumaki Goku
I must admit, some of the upcoming slates doesn't terribly excite me either.

Why is Agatha getting her own show? She worked in WandaVision, but I don't know if she can carry a whole show.

Same thing with Echo. (I'll probably just watch the Daredevil and Kingpin scenes on YouTube)

Also, I'm really worried about Born Again. (Not for nothing, but didn't Season 3 of the Netflix show do that story already?)
Sounds like you already made up your mind before even making this thread so I don't know you need us to convince you otherwise.

No matter how many times this guy gets told off for making random thoughts about comics/Star Wars/anime from 20 years ago into a thread, he still has to make a daily thread about those thoughts.

Especially funny that he got shit on for a lazy comparison of two different capeshits, so he edited it out of the OP, then pretended it didn't happen instead of saying "my bad let's move on" like a decent person.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #37612 on: January 16, 2023, 04:41:54 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/looks-like-brown-folks-especially-brown-women-are-getting-tired-mindy-kalings-character-writing.676009/page-4#post-99768403
If you know her brother, it explains a lot

https://www.resetera.com/threads/looks-like-brown-folks-especially-brown-women-are-getting-tired-mindy-kalings-character-writing.676009/page-4#post-99769588
Quote from: Funkelpop
Can you explain?
Mindy Kaling's brother: I faked being black to get into medical school | CNN
https://www.cnn.com/2015/04/07/living/feat-mindy-kaling-brother-affirmative-action/index.html
Actress Mindy Kaling's brother, Vijay Chokal-Ingam, says he posed as black to get into medical school. He's trying to pitch a book deal on the experience.
They both internalized white supremacy, it just manifests in different ways

The classic White supremacist ploy of pretending to be Black.
No, they didn't internalise white supremacy, they just used the good old trick of using their skin colour to get an advantage they otherwise wouldn't have got.

That's a trick pioneered by the yts, but lately taken over by people like slayven. Although, it's effectiveness is failing now that you can ignore skin colour and just claim to be trans or non-binary or some shit for maximum damage.
Spud

paprikastaude

« Reply #37613 on: January 16, 2023, 04:46:21 PM »
And locked.

Too much of this thread is a list thread and has thus been locked.

Lol. List threads are banned now apparently

https://www.resetera.com/threads/what-are-you-getting-february-edition.675742/page-4

Come february, sales threads banned. Do we really need to know what games are breaking records rn, what is there to discuss?? I think we have bigger problems to talk about. Wizard game? Never heard of it.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2023, 04:52:03 PM by paprikastaude »

« Reply #37614 on: January 16, 2023, 05:00:23 PM »
Hey Cosmic, how you doing?

I hate my life, myself, and the way the world works, but slightly less than I did at this point in 2022.  How about you?

Damn. I'm sorry about that. What happened?

Things are good here.

Coping with getting older and lack of progress in life while everyone around you finds success, being lonely but also hate being around people, dealing with trauma, health getting worse; just standard stuff some people deal with I guess, but this has also been going on for nearly a decade and 2022 was the first year where I could confidently say progress has been made, so we'll see how 2023 pans out.

Glad to hear things are good on your side.

CHOW CHOW

• Iconzzzzz.... zzzzz
« Reply #37615 on: January 16, 2023, 05:10:45 PM »
So as not to make women members feel unwelcome we're locking the thread and banning the OP given their history.

Translation: Our crazy trans members, which make up 99% of the women on our site, got offended about the fact that they’ll never look anywhere close to those pics and hammered the report button.

Android Sophia, an insane monstrosity of a person, confirms it with her posts there.
hey

« Reply #37616 on: January 16, 2023, 05:17:04 PM »
Since she's relevant, might as well say Sophia is the ex-mod that's a plural system.

Edit: Oh, that was apparently the start of that plural conversation in the first place. Nevermind then.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #37617 on: January 16, 2023, 05:36:54 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-microsoft-activision-blizzard-acquisition-ot-antitrust-simulator-update-microsoft-likely-facing-eu-antitrust-warning-over-activision-deal.633344/page-361#post-99774457
If they demand concessions, they should be fair ones. Like the 10 year deal + allowing CoD on other subscription services would be a good one. Maybe even extending the second one to all Activision games.

I hope we hear what concessions they want. Keeping them secret will just fuel conspiracy theories till the end of time.
Good concessions for Call of Duty would be

1. Xbox/Game Pass players should not have an advantage in XP growth (eg, significantly more frequent double XP events)
2. Updates/DLC must release same day and date across all platforms
3. Playstation versions cannot run at a lower framerate or resolution than the best looking Xbox version and cannot have noticeably worse visuals in any way (this is very hard to mandate in a contract which is why the deal should not go through)

And a lot more.

Any Microsoft purchase of Activision without concessions like these opens up the possibility of Microsoft intentionally making Playstation versions of Overwatch, COD, Diablo, etc much worse and in a way that is difficult to legally enforce (eg, Microsoft spends little money optimizing COD 2028 for the PS6 launch and it launches with horrible lighting compared to the Xbox version)
This is almost impossible to enforce in a technical point of view when consoles can vary in power.
Of course it is.

Hence why there are no possible legally enforceable ways to prevent Microsoft from intentionally making Playstation versions worse.

Which is why the deal should not go through.
Currently Sony pays for the exact advantages that you're saying Microsoft can't leverage?
The idea would be that Microsoft would intentionally making the Playstation versions worse and worse for a decade until Call of Duty's audience was mostly on Xbox and PC and then, since they would own the IP, would then be able to make Call of Duty exclusive to Xbox and PC as they would lose little in terms of software sales.

Sony paying for earlier DLC does not lead to this option as they do not own Call of Duty.

So yeah.
This guy, I admire his trolling sometimes :lol

« Reply #37618 on: January 16, 2023, 06:43:51 PM »
In the constructive thread that I was trying really hard not to get annoyed about but here we fucking go:
Quote from: Nepenthe
Jaded Alyx made a thread about repetitive character design that is also sexualized, that was then reported by women and ruled on by women who are members of staff. During discussions that occurred before the ban was handed down, we took into account the belief that this thread wasn't made in bad faith despite the hurtful outcome that women are now expressing in this thread (intent does not preclude outcomes), hence why a week ban was handed out instead of the usual two weeks for infractions regarding issues of bigotry.

After that, the thread was derailed- primarily by men- not getting why it was upsetting to women and calling it ridiculous. It was then locked by Transistor for the derailment, who cited specifically a history of trolling and other similar behavior. Trolling and other similar behavior is not a character assassination attempt to call Jaded Alyx a raging, Andrew Tate-level misogynist. If we thought that was the case, he would've been permed on the spot. Instead, it means what it says on the tin: "trolling and other similar behavior (to trolling)" which is true in his record.

Ultimately, what happened was that an attempt at a fun thread had a hurtful outcome that women reported and ruled on, and we went lighter than usual to actually give Jaded the benefit of the doubt that the thread was accidental instead of malicious. And what has happened in light of that, is that men have come out of the woodwork attacking staff- publicly and privately- as well as dismissing women's concerns about how the thread came across.

It is a textbook display of casual sexism, and it is unacceptable. The ban is staying. The thread will remain locked. And hopefully men take the time to reflect on their immediate dismissal of women's concerns here.

No more about this.

Just going to point out that any women who happened to disagree with the moderation decision wouldn't have expressed that opinion in the constructive thread because relitigating bans and thread closures is forbidden and is how you end up with a thread ban (and, indeed, those speaking against the deicision were threadbanned for relitigation.)

That Era staff chooses to ignore this for people arguing on their behalf does not, in fact, mean women who disagree with them don't exist. Just that women who don't agree with them aren't stupid enough to cop a threadban for doing so and ending up on a list of victims of internalized misogyny to have thrown at them the next time they don't agree with the official Era Woman Stance. Era does an excellent job of shaming members of this or that group into silence when they don't agree with the Era-approved take, and it's aggravating as fuck to see this forced conformity treated as universal agreement.

Also jesus christ that that thread is being equated with "bigotry."

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #37619 on: January 16, 2023, 07:11:37 PM »
During discussions that occurred before the ban was handed down, we took into account the belief that this thread wasn't made in bad faith despite the hurtful outcome that women are now expressing in this thread (intent does not preclude outcomes)
Who, Morricunt and Android Sophia?

Trolling and other similar behavior is not a character assassination attempt to call Jaded Alyx a raging, Andrew Tate-level misogynist.
BULLSHIT, that was exactly what Sophia was doing.