Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 2201544 times)

Potato

• Senior's Member
Re: Other Forums Containment Thread
« Reply #46560 on: April 04, 2023, 08:09:22 PM »
Does messy have a single thought in that pea-sized brain of his that isn’t from a tweet or a YouTube “essay”?
Yes, he thinks it's appropriate for parents to buy a wife for their son.
Spud

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #46561 on: April 04, 2023, 08:10:48 PM »
if you're sitting at a table with 10 people and 1 of them is a pedophile and you don't know it, all I see are 10 pedophiles and you don't know it

and that one pedophile is on the reeeee moderation team

« Reply #46562 on: April 04, 2023, 08:35:07 PM »
Constructive re:prominent members shitposting consequence-free actually gets a mod response:

Quote from: FliX
I like to think we don’t give „prominent members” too more of a leash than others, I’m assuming there is some bias going on, however on both sides. I.e, you might also be more likely to notice posts from certain members too‽
And let’s not forget what has occasionally happened when we did ban “popular” members… 😬
Regardless please continue to report post by anyone and feel free to point out blatant double standards when you suspect them.

"We aren't bias!"
"Plus when we ban popular people posters are mean about it!"
And this just seems like 100% pure trap:
feel free to point out blatant double standards when you suspect them.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #46563 on: April 04, 2023, 08:38:15 PM »
Constructive re:prominent members shitposting consequence-free actually gets a mod response:

Quote from: FliX
I like to think we don’t give „prominent members” too more of a leash than others, I’m assuming there is some bias going on, however on both sides. I.e, you might also be more likely to notice posts from certain members too‽
And let’s not forget what has occasionally happened when we did ban “popular” members… 😬
Regardless please continue to report post by anyone and feel free to point out blatant double standards when you suspect them.

"We aren't bias!"
"Plus when we ban popular people posters are mean about it!"
And this just seems like 100% pure trap:
feel free to point out blatant double standards when you suspect them.

Feel free to start here you fucking Reeeeesetera moderator distinguished mentally-challenged fellows lurking theboredotcum http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=48241.0
Spud

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #46564 on: April 04, 2023, 08:58:04 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/bloomberg-warner-bros-nears-deal-for-harry-potter-tv-show-reboot-for-hbo.704846/page-10#post-103688570

Quote from: Jessi77
Maybe you shouldn't be telling trans people that trans people have harmful points. Again if you're not trans you need to sit down, shit the fuck up, and stop telling us how to feel or what to say or do. My life is literally in danger.

And the politicians, media, and everyone with say does hold or at least legitimize Rowlings position, and as that is what changes public opinion (and the fact that not only do they reduce us to a debate but don't even allow us to speak for ourselves, over and over the media keeps doing the "trans debate" and no trans person is ever part of it) 60 minutes just did a piece with MTG where she says the democrats are the party of pedophiles because they support trans people, and got no real pushback which makes it seem like that is a valid opinion to have. And polling shows that the support from the general public keeps eroding, not that it matters when the general public don't hold any real power compared to politicians and media who all push this transphobic bullshit.

And Vonocourt who you replied to this time lives in a state where being themselves is becoming straight up illegal, pushed by politicians that do not care about what the public thinks.

But go on and keep telling trans people how they should feel, and act, you could be protesting, or educating people like Kyuuji said,but no, people like you would rather lecture trans people who are scared, angry, and have no power and will never have power economically or politically without actual cis allies that do more than lip service, since we are only one percent of the population.

I've said it before I'll say it again, if your not actually doing real world work with boots on the ground (no just voting and the occasional charitable donation doesn't count, we need boots on the ground willing to also protest, march, be arrested and even risk life and limb) and if you cannot or will not do that knowing the issues and the facts, especially when arguing with trans people over how they react and act about their right to exist then your complicit and our blood is also on their hands.
:bolo

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #46565 on: April 04, 2023, 09:01:55 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/half-life-alyx-is-now-playable-outside-of-vr-up-until-chapter-7.704096/#post-103529375
This isnt a April Fools joke right?

Cause if true, I'll get Half Life Alyx now lol
Sophia
It's real. But you wouldn't want this. It's so lifeless and soulless, and nothing like Half Life Alyx anymore.
I mean, its either this or I'll never get it.
Sophia
That's up to you - just don't pretend you're actually playing Half Life Alyx this way. The game wasn't meant to be reduced to a fraction of it's mechanics, and I can't imagine it would be a very fun experience having perfect shots and no sense of exploration in a survival horror game.

So much of Alyx relies on the nature of VR that you just end up with a neutered experience. The enemy count makes perfect sense for a survival horror game in VR, but you can make perfect shots out of it. Items just float in front of you instead of being something you carry or store on you. The healing items appear to be instant use because the two inventory slots are not implemented. The health system isn't implement properly, and the player spends a lot of the time at 100% health. And there's just the human aspect of being in VR and taking cover that cannot be implemented at all in a non-VR environment. The feeling of leaning over an object to find something hidden, or manually opening a door or moving items around to find secret items or more ammo.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #46566 on: April 04, 2023, 09:45:07 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/bloomberg-warner-bros-nears-deal-for-harry-potter-tv-show-reboot-for-hbo.704846/page-10#post-103688570

Maybe you shouldn't be telling trans people that trans people have harmful points. Again if you're not trans you need to sit down, shit the fuck up, and stop telling us how to feel or what to say or do. My life is literally in danger.

60 minutes just did a piece with MTG where she says the democrats are the party of pedophiles because they support trans people, and got no real pushback which makes it seem like that is a valid opinion to have. And polling shows that the support from the general public keeps eroding, not that it matters when the general public don't hold any real power compared to politicians and media who all push this transphobic bullshit.

boots on the ground (no just voting and the charitable donation doesn't count, we need boots on the ground willing to also protest, march, be arrested and even risk life and limb).

Is this happening?  For any issue in America?      And great message voting and donating don't count.  Just like trump saying "voting doesn't matter," because it's all corrupt.  Keep at it you bizarre, professional victims.

Because that's what Jessi, Nepenthe, Kyujii are.  They did it so well they pushed black issues off the first two pages of Era.  Of course the most professional victim is Royalaan.  "woe is me, I control this forum and people are always mean are they argue and I'm so hopeless I have to agree with Red Merc and VeoGin all the time.  I'm helpless and at the mercy of the fates"

It's interesting to see how fast someone like Royalaan can go from condemning Evilore to debasing himself even lower.

Quote from: Jessie
you need to sit down, shit the fuck up, and stop telling us how to feel or what to say or do.

Maybe you should do that and listen to actual smart, tactical, and strategic Trans people who support your views.  Rosa Parks wasn't some crazy ass bitch who wanted attention.  They were smart, they had the support from the grass-roots community and she knew her mission.  Mrs. Parks wasn't some attention seeking idiot who wanted to scold people. 
sigh

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #46567 on: April 04, 2023, 09:46:13 PM »

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #46568 on: April 04, 2023, 09:52:15 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/janet-protasiewicz-wins-wisconsin-supreme-court-race-flipping-the-court-to-the-left.705248/#post-103696094

Quote from: ClickyCal', post: 103696094, member: 7351
This is a huge deal for trans rights in Wisconsin which are in danger.

:ego :ego :ego
Margs

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #46569 on: April 04, 2023, 09:53:54 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/mario-mario-was-getting-it-in-90s-kids-movies-were-horny-horny.704999/post-103660838
Quote from: Ferrio
I remember my dad who played 0 games wanting to watch Double Dragon cause of Alyssa Milano's ass scene.

Ferrio
Ferrio.  Can you believe he managed to stay there!   And with a post like that in a boys club rhetoric thread.  His father admiteed he wanted to see this amazing dumper while going to a kids movie.

His dad was a boys clubber and he remains unbanned?

Alyssa Milano in Double Dragon

:nsfw
spoiler (click to show/hide)

[close]
sigh

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #46570 on: April 04, 2023, 09:57:45 PM »
mtg looks like mickey rourke in the wrestler  :yuck

I wouldn't fuck her with joe molotov's dick  :rofl

BIONIC

« Reply #46571 on: April 04, 2023, 10:00:57 PM »
mtg looks like mickey rourke in the wrestler  :yuck

I wouldn't fuck her with joe molotov's dick  :rofl

Would you fuck her with mine?
Margs

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #46572 on: April 04, 2023, 10:03:53 PM »
 :thinking

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #46573 on: April 04, 2023, 10:06:06 PM »

post a picture so we can see how you and mtg match up

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #46574 on: April 04, 2023, 11:29:40 PM »
YouTuber making prank video shot at mall food court

Why do you jump to the conclusion this person is completely devoid of any empathy? Because you read a news report where he played an undisclosed prank and got shot? That's all it takes for you to make this judgement about someone?

Such hate.
Phunclear I was going to entertain your post before that last paragraph but now I’m convinced you’re just a troll
Up to you. My conscience is clear. If someone who doesn't jump to conclusions with limited information and doesn't like gun violence is a troll to you, cool.

:rofl

Such hate

https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtuber-making-prank-video-shot-at-mall-food-court.705050/page-6#post-103699250

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #46575 on: April 04, 2023, 11:47:02 PM »
Quote from: Kyuuji, post: 103684814, member: 31943
This centres allies more than trans people though. Why is the focus on how trans people react to those engaging with a property directly tied to someone doing what they can to remove our rights? Why isn't it on the allies' reaction to Rowling and their choosing to prioritise a literal children's book over that?

Ultimately why are you expending energy telling us what we should be doing, when you could be educating people unfamiliar with or apathetic toward Rowling's bigotry as to why it's so harmful. Certainly familiarity with the gender critical movement and how it works to radicalise people, especially white women who proclaim themselves feminists, does more to reach those outcomes than telling us how we should feel about those who knowingly continue to engage with the IP despite Rowling's harm.
Um, I have a question: what does God need with a starship? Why is the focus on either of these people being "centered" when it's just a news story about a potential TV show about a young adults book series?

benjipwns

« Reply #46576 on: April 04, 2023, 11:51:41 PM »
And yet none of that polling matters. If cis people truly cared about us and we're true "allies", they would be on the streets fighting for us and doing everything possible. Laws are being passed every day continuing genocide, and there's nothing stopping it.

Again if you're not trans you need to sit down, shit the fuck up, and stop telling us how to feel or what to say or do. My life is literally in danger. ...

And polling shows that the support from the general public keeps eroding, not that it matters when the general public don't hold any real power compared to politicians and media who all push this transphobic bullshit.

And Vonocourt who you replied to this time lives in a state where being themselves is becoming straight up illegal, pushed by politicians that do not care about what the public thinks.

But go on and keep telling trans people how they should feel, and act, you could be protesting, or educating people like Kyuuji said,but no, people like you would rather lecture trans people who are scared, angry, and have no power and will never have power economically or politically without actual cis allies that do more than lip service, since we are only one percent of the population.

I've said it before I'll say it again, if your not actually doing real world work with boots on the ground (no just voting and the occasional charitable donation doesn't count, we need boots on the ground willing to also protest, march, be arrested and even risk life and limb) and if you cannot or will not do that knowing the issues and the facts, especially when arguing with trans people over how they react and act about their right to exist then your complicit and our blood is also on their hands.
                       insurrectionist rhetoric?
 :isthis

benjipwns

« Reply #46577 on: April 04, 2023, 11:57:34 PM »
It does say something about public support levels that we live in an era where anyone can create a flash event through social media but nobody can get a thousand people to any kind of large scale genocide protest and instead all the pressure is being applied online about what "allies" (especially journalists) are saying online doesn't it? :kermit

edit: Please note, I am not being ableist and suggesting that trans people should do the emotional labor for this, especially since it would put their lives in danger by putting a target on their back in the middle of an ongoing genocide that may or may not be on stage eight and a half, just that it shows you what "leftists" these cis "allies" are for not even having organized anything like this let alone risking their life and limb like they need to if they want to avoid blood on their hands.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2023, 12:34:46 AM by benjipwns »

NekoFever

« Reply #46578 on: April 05, 2023, 02:53:23 AM »
Stage 9 3/4 I believe.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/bloomberg-warner-bros-nears-deal-for-harry-potter-tv-show-reboot-for-hbo.704846/page-10#post-103685492

Quote from: Kyuuji
Quote from: Songweaver Dragon
Personally I'd be okay with the news of this show being rolled into the existing JKR thread, if only to put a lid on all of the drive-by "lol no way I love HP can't wait for the HBO treatment!" nonsense. It doesn't do me or my trans peers any good to see this shit celebrated.
I'm genuinely stumped as to why there's space for the IP to breathe and be fawned over honestly. I thought we went through all of this.

:sicko

They should come up with a way to hide threads you don’t want to see. An ‘ignore thread’ button, if you will.

benjipwns

« Reply #46579 on: April 05, 2023, 03:10:26 AM »
oh my god we didn't even touch on some of the stuff happening in that Harry Potter HBO thread, there's no way I could reasonably quote it all either, some of these were already posted but I'm including them more completely or for context, bold/underline mine, italics theirs:
Quote from: Fj0823
And yet she'll cling to the franchise for dear life.

Cuz she wrote it, and rightfully so.

Her own terribleness aside, she created that world and it's characters while living in poverty.

She has every right to be possessive of it imo.
While she wrote Harry Potter while in a rough spot in her life, her backstory has been exaggerated. The cafe that she wrote Harry Potter in was owned by her brother-in-law. She came from a middle class family and stayed with friends for a few months before she found a new apartment. Despite her stuggles, she supports politicians who don't address the systemic issues of poverty so the whole "rags to riches" story rings hollow to me.
Quote from: Bengraven
Did the rules change? Because I just did a month ban for mentioning that interactive thing in a deragotory manner in a thread where we all agreed that JKR sucks. I don’t want to lose anyone who’s heart is in the right place but must have missed the sticky on the gaming side.
I thought HP was banned on this forum? Or was that just the game?
Quote from: Khanimus
As if that's the only thing that would need a drastic rethink.

Hey spoilers, after 7 years of being gaslit by the authorities and his mentors, and seeing innocent people falsely accused and imprisoned by a bunch of people that refuse to believe Wizard Hitler is back, Harry's journey culminates in him going "and I too would like to be a cop."

This series fucking blows - it's about nothing (not with any actual positive intention, anyway), and the idea of shackling a bunch of people to 7 years of this fucking thing is hilarious. They should be grateful they had the cast they had during that first run of movies, because outside of a fun fantasy concept for 8 year olds, this series has nothing to offer. Move the fuck on and let this corny shit die with Rowling's reputation..
Cuz she wrote it, and rightfully so.

Her own terribleness aside, she created that world and it's characters while living in poverty.

She has every right to be possessive of it imo.
We're not seriously going to defend JK's "rights" are we?

She can fuck off and I hope they can cut her from the franchise like you cut the feeding tube of a videogame monster to kill it.
Quote from: ClickyCal'
Defend her rights as an anti-trans spokesperson? Nope.

As an activist? Nope.

As a writer/creator? Hell yeah.

Maybe I'm too close to this as an aspiring writer myself but I'd be livid if something I wrote took off massively and then because of whatever wrongful views I hold, people tried to cut me out of controlling my life's work.

Alan Moore would look like Sanderson next to me
Maybe I'm too close to this as a trans person, but I'd be livid if someone was using her funds from her IP to use for genocide.
A saying in my country "My rights end where my neighbor's start".

I can't really respect the intellectual property rights of someone who's using it for attacking other people's rights. For all I care they should screw her out of her work with some legal technicality.
This.

I truly think 100% this is her making sure they don’t make changes that “violate her beliefs” and/or is “too woke”. WB could have at the very fucking least not brought her on board. It wouldn’t have saved this project in my eyes but would have been the least worst fucking thing.

Pretty sure WB bent over when acquiring the rights and gave her veto power on every production they have.

At the time she was seen a beloved, progressive feminist icon so I'm sure never in their wildest dream they thought something like this could happen.

But if they didn't sneak any technicality to lawyer her out of the rights citing brand damage or something then they're effectively stuck with her until she croaks
Maybe I'm too close to this as an aspiring writer myself but I'd be livid if something I wrote took off massively and then because of whatever wrongful views I hold, people tried to cut me out of controlling my life's work.
Maybe you are.
Quote from: Vonocourt

As an activist? Nope.

She's actively courting genocide, what the fuck?

But yeah, let her keep her ownership in a garbage dump far beyond human contact where she belongs.

And I would say the same of you and your work if you started, again, actively courting genocide.
Quote from: Kinsei
36 thousand likes? Wow. People really don’t care about the controversy.
Ask any trans person and we could tell you that cis people by and large don't give a single fuck about us. Children will be getting torn from their parents and they still won't care.
cis don't care

As an activist? Nope.

Also, what’s the “cut out,” she’d get the GDP of many a smaller nation for doing this.
Before she ruined it I always thought it would be perfect as a stylized series of animated films or tv shows. Or if they insisted on live action, change the entire cast ever year as a stylistic choice.

But they won’t do that and I can’t wait for the morons to see their most toxic hateful supporters will eat them alive and are not on their side.
Quote from: Plumbob

As an activist? Nope.

We’re not talking about putting fries in a milkshake, we’re talking about trying to hurt trans people.

Writers losing opportunities because they’re bigots is a good thing.

Oh and without developing empathy for people who aren’t like you, your writing career is going to be a complete failure. Good luck!
They really do not. So many cis "allies" irl will say things like "omg i just got my kiddo into harry potter we're marathoning it all :)))) " "omg lol i am SUCH a hufflepuff xD"

shit has been going on for far too long that you'd be hard pressed to find someone who hasn't heard of that bigot's terrible actions and statements in SOME capacity. they do. not. care. so long as they get their lame childhood nostalgia-bait
People gotta stop hoping that they can somehow save Harry Potter while divorcing the entire thing from the creator who spawned it. It's not happening, you gotta be prepared to just let it die.
The cis won't let it go though, so Joanne will keep raking in money that she spits back out for trans genocide.
Look, Rowling is a monster who I won't speak in detail about because the things I'd describe here would get me banned, but also, let's not cape for massive corporations stealing ownership over creative works.

The only real solution here is for people to finally accept that they have to put Harry Potter in the dirt.

If WB pays her off to sever her connection, that's WB massively funding her. Corporations stealing ownership from individuals who did the actual creative work is bad, even when those creatives are people who should relocate permanently six feet underground. And both cases still don't actually sever her relationship to the franchise because her name is on all the books and promoting Harry Potter still means the TERF gets dragged in the wake along with it.

People gotta stop hoping that they can somehow save Harry Potter while divorcing the entire thing from the creator who spawned it. It's not happening, you gotta be prepared to just let it die.
For the record, I fully agree with you. HP has to die for this to truly end.

But right now as things stand and the franchise showing no signs of slowdown I fully support her losing her source of relevance and power over millennials, her rights be damned. That's what I was trying to say
Unfortunately that seems pretty unlikely. My preteen nephews and nieces are all in love with it after my cousins got their kids into the books. Begging to go to the theme park, etc. People just by and large don’t seem to give a shit about what a fucking horrible person JKR is, and thus the IP will continue to live on regardless of who ultimately profits or owns the rights to it. Because largely people don’t give a shit, the necessary incentive to get Rowling to sell (basically the total deplatforming of the IP) won’t manifest. So it’ll probably never leave her clutches

It felt cruel. My trans cousin had to hear ad nauseam about what little Potterheads the kids are, even after politely requesting that the topic be avoided for all of 3 hours this past weekend for Palm Sunday. My other cousins just shrugged and said it didn’t seem like a big deal and carried on. Fucking infuriating
Quote from: Linkark07
Nah, the franchise should die too.

Let's see what we can find inside the Harry Potter books:

Misogyny
Fat shaming
Antisemitism
Advocates slavery
Promotes being an asshole

I'm sure there are other mean stuff inside there.

Honestly, Harry Potter isn't good. Joanne didn't suddenly become a piece of shit. She was already a monster back then. Only she managed to hide it pretty well. It also helped the movies toned down the shit Joanne wrote.

Do you want Harry Potter? Listen the Shrieking Shack podcast. They review the Harry Potter books and movies and actually expose all the shit Joanne has written. And it isn't good.
Quote from: Vector
People have to realise that Harry Potter fans are not largely bigoted pieces of shit - most of them are progressive, liberal millennials and zoomers, most of them don't even know about Joanne's shit. I promise you, the vast majority of these people are pro-trans and would probably tell you that Harry Potter as a series promotes inclusivity and pro-trans messaging.
So.. what? We don't try to inform them of the fearmongering and violence that Rowling uses her platform and wealth to incite?

If their pro-trans, surely they would not be angered to be informed of it? Especially if they are aware enough to think the series has a pro-trans message, but not aware enough to know of the multi-year-long campaign the author has been mired in to cast all trans women as mentally ill rapists?
Even if you somehow knew nothing of Joanne or any of this happening, not sure how you could get a pro-trans outlook from the series.
People have to realise that Harry Potter fans are not largely bigoted pieces of shit - most of them are progressive, liberal millennials and zoomers, most of them don't even know about Joanne's shit. I promise you, the vast majority of these people are pro-trans and would probably tell you that Harry Potter as a series promotes inclusivity and pro-trans messaging.
This is nonsense on its very face, you can't pretend you *care* about trans people if you aren't the slightest bit conscious of what is happening to us. I can give you that they may personally be okay with our existence but that's as far as it goes.

Cis folks really do have a problem with adamantly being considered caring allies without doing shit to deserve it. Allies aren't bystanders.
Yep. Anyone that calls themself an ally isn't actually one. If our cis "allies" truly cared, they would be aware we are on the brink of full blown genocide.
Harry Potter was always incredibly bigoted - there's rampant antisemitism, misogyny, and general bigotry in the series. Even her transphobia is showing when you realise the villain in the second book is a massive snake (dick) in the girls' bathroom assaulting people. She is absolutely not right in the head.

There is also absolutely no way to kill it - it is the biggest cultural force among Millennials maybe second only to Pokemon and new generations are obsessed with it as well. Best hope is that Rowling disassociated herself from the series and the new producers turn the series around into something that's more progressive.

People have to realise that Harry Potter fans are not largely bigoted pieces of shit - most of them are progressive, liberal millennials and zoomers, most of them don't even know about Joanne's shit. I promise you, the vast majority of these people are pro-trans and would probably tell you that Harry Potter as a series promotes inclusivity and pro-trans messaging. My nieces and nephews are massive Potterheads and have no idea Rowling is fanning trans hate.

It's not an ideal situation, but again, there's no way to snap your fingers and reduce the popularity of Harry Potter to 0. Let's just hope she gets cut off from the series and fucks off forever.
Many “progressive liberal millennials” would describe themselves as trans allies despite doing nothing to warrant the title. Ally is a verb. Standing by while we get genocided, and shitting on trans people for asking them to stand in solidarity is not allyship, it’s decorum over change, and status quo support of the exact type Joanne put in her books. You don’t declare who is my ally, that’s up to me.

And for the record, you’re doing the exact same thing with your repeated “all we can do is hope” rhetoric. There is plenty more to be done, and done right now, if you want to make a difference. But it sure is a lot easier to throw your hands up and say “what can we do? It is what it is.” I guess trans people are just going to keep getting legislated and attacked and forcibly detransitioned out of existence. But telling cis people the effect their actions have on trans people is the real evil here.
I hope you realise Harry Potter is not the battleground for trans rights and tying the entire trans movement to a media property losing popularity is about the least productive thing you can do as an ally.

This show is most likely going to do extremely well and nothing we do can prevent this from happening - this was already just demonstrated and going "welp, I guess the majority of people are grossly transphobic then" is the most self-defeating shit you can possibly do and is also factually untrue.

Those "progressive liberal millennials" you are deriding are not going to do performative allyship on Twitter shitting on Rowling, but they are going to vote for ostensibly progressive politicians who want to protect and expand trans rights, and I'll fucking that that.
Quote from: GuessMyUserName
Shut up and vote lol
This is a Harry Potter thread and a common sentiment is that being a Harry Potter watcher/fan makes you incompatible with being a trans ally.

I'm interested in outcomes that result in Trans right being protected and expanded, which means I'm all for broadening the coalition of support for trans causes. I think excluding a bunch of potentially useful people - people who are largely young and liberal - because of a media property they like doesn't help us reach those outcomes.

I think this energy would be much better spent in a way that's not inherently self-defeating the way pre-emptively tying the success of a show that doesn't even exist yet to a rise in transphobia is.
Right but Rowling has said, publicly, the success of Harry Potter validates her bigotry. You cannot be a Harry Potter fan, supporting her bigotry and her bank account, and a trans ally. The two things are in fact incompatible.
Oh fuck off. As Kyuuji's post with receipts shows Rowling is actively trying to erase us, spearheads and is the spokeswomen for the entire GC movement, personally helped kill legislation, and uses the success of HP as a barometer of people agreeing with her and why we need to be erased. So if your comfy with giving her money or others giving her money your comfortable with genocide and people like me being "eliminated" whether that is forced de-transition or actual killing us, they won't be happy until we are literally gone from any kind of public view or life. Trying to tell us what is or isn't the right battleground is shit.

Once again if you tried acting like this and saying this sort of shit about black or brown , or the cis gay people you'd already be banned, it shouldn't be different here. And most supposedly left wing and progressive politicians are not worth voting for beyond the other party being Nazis because half of them are transphobic too, and the ones who supposedly are not throw us under the bus at the first sign there will be backlash for supporting us.

Again I'll take the ban but you can get fucked.
To point out that people who aren't put off by trans genocide don't actually care about trans people isn't some fucking offence to them. That they care more about being considered allies than they do about our actual legislative erasure is incredibly fucked up.

It's not "excluding" to point out the actual reality that people weigh their nostalgic children's wizarding franchise over trans rights because they don't hold as much of an emotional attachment to trans people as they do for Harry Potter. They're more than welcome to start giving a meaningful shit about trans people.
I fully get the anger here and I'm not saying you should trust those politicians but that they can be useful to the benefit of the trans community. You can't get broad societal change done without engaging in electoral politics and doing coalition building at some point.

whynotboth.gif

To mirror Jessi77, fuck off with this shit. What, do you think trans people sit idly by during an attempted "legal" genocide with the exception of shaming Hufflepuff tags on Twitter? Trans people are in a uniquely awful situation of having very few numbers and not enough Allies (actual ones, not the people like on Era who say in conversation "I'm a proud ally" from one side of their mouth and the other side is openly hyped about giving money to the main figurehead of said genocide). Instead of tone policing, why not understand that one can advocate for bills and political support while also trying to save themselves from being told "Avada Kedavra" on Twitter while being legislated out of existence.

And yes, people who know about JKR's acts and still support Harry Potter in any capacity are at worst, Nazi TERF scumfucks, or at best, *okay* with Nazi TERF scumfucks so long as it doesn't make them make even the most basic of sacrifices in their fucking media consumption.
You are absolutely supporting Nazi transphobes if you know about JKR and still buy Harry Potter shit. These are probably not people you'd want in your movement.

Idk if I'd include some random people who aren't plugged in enough to know about this who went to some Wizarding World theme park. The media is not not talking about JK's transphobia to the degree that it should, it's still something you need to be moderately online to know about.

Normies are largely unaware of this whole thing. Doesn't mean normies don't broadly support trans causes though.
I think people understand that. It's why I spend so much time educating people about her and the Gender Critical movement as a whole. Something that would probably be better for you to do than going in circles with trans people over how they feel around the IP and people who support it. You shouldn't confuse venting and frustration with clarified thought either, certainly not as an open door to start explaining to us how we should be furthering our own rights.
Personally I'd be okay with the news of this show being rolled into the existing JKR thread, if only to put a lid on all of the drive-by "lol no way I love HP can't wait for the HBO treatment!" nonsense. It doesn't do me or my trans peers any good to see this shit celebrated.
I'm genuinely stumped as to why there's space for the IP to breathe and be fawned over honestly. I thought we went through all of this.
Cis don't care :(
I find it telling that Vector just completely ignored my post about informing people who like Harry Potter about Rowling's desire to enact genocide, and instead has doubled down on some messy "trans people are being meanies to people who may not have even heard the name Rowling" while also implying that we are not aware of the power of electing representatives who could push legislation.

I don't know, feels a little disingenuous.
I've already been called out for going in circles with Trans people in this thread so I'm not really looking to post any more replies unless you want to continue over DM. That person on the last page was making harmful points completely contradicting your last sentence. It really is something that needs to be said over and over again.
I know it doesn't feel that way when looking at recent political pushes against trans folks, but JKR does not hold the majority position. There's polling corroborating this.
And yet none of that polling matters. If cis people truly cared about us and we're true "allies", they would be on the streets fighting for us and doing everything possible. Laws are being passed every day continuing genocide, and there's nothing stopping it.
Normies are largely unaware of this whole thing. Doesn't mean normies don't broadly support trans causes though.
But how can they possibly support trans causes if they don't know a single thing about what trans people are going through? What trans causes are? Where are they getting your imagined perception of trans support? Where is any of it actually manifesting in a world where transphobia is broadly bipartisan in the UK and liberals are too chickenshit to ever speak up for us in the US? Where fanbases are routinely backing up their problematic idols being outspokenly bigoted and complaining about trans folks criticism?

You're right, the mainstream media does not talk honestly about JK Rowling's bigotry (although it very much IS talked around), but another thing the media doesn't talk about is supporting any level of trans rights at all. Cis folks who don't pay attention to us don't even want to understand our causes because they view it all as thorny politics they can detach from. You see it all the time whenever a sports thread comes up and people stroll in with their ignorant assumptions based on zero understanding of the issues that they don't earnestly want to learn about.

Normies at best do not care about us one way or another but are tolerant of us existing (until our existence crosses a personal line in their perception). Meanwhile there is another large swath of the population that does care to proactively campaign against us. There is an incredibly miniscule population that cares in opposition to that negative force.
Quote from: Efreeti
A lot of cis people in this thread need to take a good long look in the mirror and ask questions about why they're ignoring violence.
I've already been called out for going in circles with Trans people in this thread so I'm not really looking to post any more replies unless you want to continue over DM. That person on the last page was making harmful points completely contradicting your last sentence. It really is something that needs to be said over and over again.
Naw, I see no point in continuing this in DMs given that you had four posts after I directly quoted you and it took me calling out your messy ass messaging before responding. You wanted to continue some "woe is the trans ally who likes Harry Potter," and my post didn't work for that.

And what person said anything to contradict what I said? If you're talking about Jessi77 then you clearly have no idea about her perspective on government.
It's because I was a meanie who didn't go, "huh, you know what? Maybe you  can be an Ally while financially supporting a minority's genocide!" Deciding to talk over trans people with tone policing bullshit, only responding to the more angry posts like he has the moral high ground for being calm about it, and dips when he knows his ass is for all to see.

Again, go fuck yourself.
That's the problem and just goes back to Vector being disingenuous as all get out.
Will we ever go through one thread without someone cisplaining?

Obligatory:
Weird timing.
Surprised they didn’t try to finalize the deal to announce on trans day of visibility.
The timing of this and Daniel Radcliffes collaboration with the Trevor project is wild.
Quote from: lokiduck
yeah it definitely feels intentional lol.

Boredfrom

« Reply #46580 on: April 05, 2023, 03:33:30 AM »
Isis Nails and B-Dumbs almost get self aware:

Quote from: Rusty_Nails
RE: Mess's post, being against sending weapons to Ukraine doesn't automatically make one a "tankie", or make them non-principled in their views. The word tankie completely lost its meaning anyway. There were always lefty antiwar progressives, and Corbyn is one of them. You cannot make them support any side of an armed conflict, because their worldview rests on peace, dialogue and negotiations.

Quote from: B-Dubs
Kinda makes all the talk people make about punching Nazis and whatnot ring hollow doesn't it?

We talk about the paradox of acceptance, but seems like people only actually care about that when it's them and theirs on the line.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/keir-starmer-and-the-establishment-coup.705053/#post-103703096

Almost like most of RE activism is shallow Twitter slap fights or disingenuous incitement to violence. Rusty is a transparent Isis Recruiter and Nepenthe thinks that she will survive another American Civil War because furry art.

benjipwns

« Reply #46581 on: April 05, 2023, 03:37:26 AM »
Quote from: B-Dubs
Kinda makes all the talk people make about punching Nazis and whatnot ring hollow doesn't it?

We talk about the paradox of acceptance, but seems like people only actually care about that when it's them and theirs on the line.
Probably because none of you have read the entire paragraph about the paradox of tolerance instead of a meme that butchered it to justify the state silencing minorities with violence and so don't actually understand what Popper meant?

edit: Coming back to this because I just realized B-Dubs doesn't understand what the paradox of either version is. :lol
« Last Edit: April 05, 2023, 04:42:22 AM by benjipwns »

NekoFever

« Reply #46582 on: April 05, 2023, 03:49:13 AM »
For all I care they should screw her out of her work with some legal technicality.

But if they didn't sneak any technicality to lawyer her out of the rights

her rights be damned

Removal and denial of rights is stage three of genocide  :wag

benjipwns

« Reply #46583 on: April 05, 2023, 04:02:22 AM »
Removal and denial of rights is stage three of genocide  :wag
"Rights" not rights, fascist. Enemies of the people don't have rights, you can't genocide them as it's self-defense from genocide instead. Read your Plato/Robespierre/Marx/Lenin/Stalin/Mao/Che/Marcuse/Pol Pot/etc.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #46584 on: April 05, 2023, 04:11:27 AM »
Why is she even on Era then?  Do Jewish people hang out on neo-nazi forums?  If they want you dead, why don't you just leave?

when I'm sitting at a table with 9 other people and one of them wants to kill me, all I see are 10 people who want to kill me
and the one person who wants to kill you is yourself  :doge

Hey now, that's hugely unfair.

There's only a >40% probability of that being true.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #46585 on: April 05, 2023, 04:14:48 AM »

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #46586 on: April 05, 2023, 04:35:57 AM »
Oh fuck off. As Kyuuji's post with receipts shows Rowling is actively trying to erase us, spearheads and is the spokeswomen for the entire GC movement, personally helped kill legislation, and uses the success of HP as a barometer of people agreeing with her and why we need to be erased. So if your comfy with giving her money or others giving her money your comfortable with genocide and people like me being "eliminated" whether that is forced de-transition or actual killing us, they won't be happy until we are literally gone from any kind of public view or life. Trying to tell us what is or isn't the right battleground is shit.

Once again if you tried acting like this and saying this sort of shit about black or brown , or the cis gay people you'd already be banned, it shouldn't be different here. And most supposedly left wing and progressive politicians are not worth voting for beyond the other party being Nazis because half of them are transphobic too, and the ones who supposedly are not throw us under the bus at the first sign there will be backlash for supporting us.

Again I'll take the ban but you can get fucked.

If the jannies can't see how counter productive to peoples mental health letting Kyujickenlittle post their nonsense screed unchallenged everywhere is, this word salad post by Actual Crazy Person should highlight that.

JKR is soooooooooo influential in politics she couldn't stop a self-id bill pass in her own country while actively lobbying against it.
The best she got was an "I fucking TOLD YOU SO" when literally the very next week of it passing it was horrifically abused by a bad actor.

It also takes a special  :brain to interpret

as 'uses her money as a barometer of opinions'

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #46587 on: April 05, 2023, 05:08:45 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/mario-mario-was-getting-it-in-90s-kids-movies-were-horny-horny.704999/post-103660838
Quote from: Ferrio
I remember my dad who played 0 games wanting to watch Double Dragon cause of Alyssa Milano's ass scene.

Ferrio
Ferrio.  Can you believe he managed to stay there!   And with a post like that in a boys club rhetoric thread.  His father admiteed he wanted to see this amazing dumper while going to a kids movie.

His dad was a boys clubber and he remains unbanned?

Alyssa Milano in Double Dragon

:nsfw
spoiler (click to show/hide)

[close]

Wait, there was a Double Dragon movie?

Whoa!
Spud

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #46588 on: April 05, 2023, 05:09:27 AM »
Quote from: Kyuuji, post: 103684814, member: 31943
This centres allies more than trans people though. Why is the focus on how trans people react to those engaging with a property directly tied to someone doing what they can to remove our rights? Why isn't it on the allies' reaction to Rowling and their choosing to prioritise a literal children's book over that?

Ultimately why are you expending energy telling us what we should be doing, when you could be educating people unfamiliar with or apathetic toward Rowling's bigotry as to why it's so harmful. Certainly familiarity with the gender critical movement and how it works to radicalise people, especially white women who proclaim themselves feminists, does more to reach those outcomes than telling us how we should feel about those who knowingly continue to engage with the IP despite Rowling's harm.
Um, I have a question: what does God need with a starship? Why is the focus on either of these people being "centered" when it's just a news story about a potential TV show about a young adults book series?

Only gave you the like for the Star Trek V reference.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #46589 on: April 05, 2023, 05:11:38 AM »
YouTuber making prank video shot at mall food court

Why do you jump to the conclusion this person is completely devoid of any empathy? Because you read a news report where he played an undisclosed prank and got shot? That's all it takes for you to make this judgement about someone?

Such hate.
Phunclear I was going to entertain your post before that last paragraph but now I’m convinced you’re just a troll
Up to you. My conscience is clear. If someone who doesn't jump to conclusions with limited information and doesn't like gun violence is a troll to you, cool.

:rofl

Such hate

https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtuber-making-prank-video-shot-at-mall-food-court.705050/page-6#post-103699250
Now, if only we could get more of these twats shot, YouTube could go back to being usable.
Spud

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #46590 on: April 05, 2023, 06:02:38 AM »
Yeah leaving the premises is too much, nothing wrong with like a mini tabasco (or in this case ranch dressing) keychain though.

Those cacs and their bland food you gotta douse in spice to even stomach it, amirite fellow blacks?

Averon

« Reply #46591 on: April 05, 2023, 06:09:02 AM »
We're now on stage 9(!!!) of the trans genocide. Is this the slowest, most ineffectual genocide yet?

BIONIC

« Reply #46592 on: April 05, 2023, 06:21:01 AM »
Quote from: Royalan, post: 103694921, member: 41
This can’t be real.

Actually, it can.

No shade, but every other aspect of the date would have to go perfectly for me to overlook that you got up in the middle of date, out at a restaurant, and went across the street to buy your own ranch dressing. It would literally be the only thing I thought of. My brain would be chained to that moment.

I know he didn’t just…

*gasp* he did…

He needs ranch that badly…?

Oh no no no here comes the waiter…

…no no no he’s talking back to the waiter over ranch dressing.

If he brought back some extra lard tho :ohyeah

Quote from: Ra, post: 103695440, member: 16570
Type of  shit that would've ended with me making an AITA, because I busted out laughing and cracked jokes with the waiter when  my date just got up, walked to the store, and bought some salad dressing.

Sorry but things just aren't going to work between us. Sitting down to share a meal is too sacred an act for me, to deal with your ranch obsession at every meal. You ain't putting that shit on something I cook bae bae.

Mods are NOT fat
Margs

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #46593 on: April 05, 2023, 07:06:57 AM »
Yeah, that's pretty fucking weird. You do that to me, I'm walking out there and then.
Spud

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #46594 on: April 05, 2023, 07:53:03 AM »
Finally got a response from the shopping centre where I was accosted and wrongfully accused of shoplifting. They're sending out a formal apology from themselves and the security company.

Genuinely shocked they're actually bothering with it but suspect that with the detailed account I've given and the security guard turning off his body cam part way through speaking to me, that they needed to make a formal apology.

Happy that it'll be at the back of me as it left me shaken to the point I'd only felt comfortable to leave the house for the first time yesterday, 5 days after the incident, because it just spiked my anxiety about being outside in a public place. Something good at least to make up for twisting my knee slipping on a curb yesterday.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #46595 on: April 05, 2023, 08:30:40 AM »
Yeah, that's pretty fucking weird. You do that to me, I'm walking out there and then.

Makes note*

Bring ranch to potatoes bbq.

Propagandhim

« Reply #46596 on: April 05, 2023, 09:09:20 AM »
A saying in my country "My rights end where my neighbor's start".

I can't really respect the intellectual property rights of someone who's using it for attacking other people's rights. For all I care they should screw her out of her work with some legal technicality.

Sweet mother of christ

Snoopycat_

« Reply #46597 on: April 05, 2023, 09:09:21 AM »
Something good at least to make up for twisting my knee slipping on a curb yesterday.

Propagandhim

« Reply #46598 on: April 05, 2023, 09:15:03 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/would-you-bring-your-own-ranch-dressing-to-a-restaurant-on-a-date-aita-thread.705236/page-4

Quote from: Leo
This is a white people thing, right? It sounds like a white people thing.

Even when the "white" Polish restaurant doesn't have Ranch, it's still a white people thing.

Boredfrom

« Reply #46599 on: April 05, 2023, 10:58:47 AM »
Here we go:

You're saying that...Jewish people are wrong for believing Corbyn is anti-semetic?

Quote from: IsisNails
There's a lot of Jewish people who believe any criticism of Israel is antisemitic. And yes, they can be wrong.

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #46600 on: April 05, 2023, 11:27:17 AM »
He's not wrong :trumps
(ice)

Boredfrom

« Reply #46601 on: April 05, 2023, 11:34:47 AM »
He's not wrong :trumps

Too bad it comes from a borderline Isis Recruiter.  ;)

Also, there is totally a peaceful solution for Ukraine (but not for Israel and Palestine):

The view is paradoxical if you believe Russian troops are actually really Nazis, and all that entails with Nazism. I wouldn't cheapen the actual Nazis with that comparison, and it's not my place to do so. You can still support Ukraine's sovereignty and their borders and call for a peaceful solution. I'm simply pointing out why Corbyn's stance is consistent and principled, even if you fundamentally disagree with it.

:awesome

Crumb

• *cough*
« Reply #46602 on: April 05, 2023, 11:35:30 AM »
You are absolutely supporting Nazi transphobes if you know about JKR and still buy Harry Potter shit.

ColdSun to get the guillotine.

Boredfrom

« Reply #46603 on: April 05, 2023, 12:04:04 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/husband-of-ex-scottish-leader-nicola-sturgeon-arrested.705281/#post-103720403

Oh is political corruption bad now?

When you are selling yourself as a morally standing option against the establishment, it really is.

Trust me.

Greatness Gone

« Reply #46604 on: April 05, 2023, 12:06:05 PM »
You are absolutely supporting Nazi transphobes if you know about JKR and still buy Harry Potter shit.

We know he spent upwards of 10 hours playing Hogwarts, but did he ever spend more than that 0.4 hours on Forspoken?  :-\

Did he really buy Forspoken just to virtue signal and stick it to the chuds.  :-\

benjipwns

« Reply #46605 on: April 05, 2023, 12:09:00 PM »

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #46606 on: April 05, 2023, 12:09:18 PM »

We know he spent upwards of 10 hours playing Hogwarts, but did he ever spend more than that 0.4 hours on Forspoken?  :-\

Did he really buy Forspoken just to virtue signal and stick it to the chuds.  :-\

With only 0.4 hours played he probably demanded a refund on steam  :lucille

Greatness Gone

« Reply #46607 on: April 05, 2023, 12:20:19 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/whenever-there-is-a-meeting-a-parting-is-sure-to-follow-however-that-parting-need-not-last-forever.705404/
Quote from: LastNac, post: 103721240, member: 27808
Sound team at 343 were huge Zelda fans. When we were laid off those were my last words to them before we left the building. Just felt right.
this mf really quoted zelda on his last day in the office :sabu

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #46608 on: April 05, 2023, 12:54:53 PM »
Here we go:

You're saying that...Jewish people are wrong for believing Corbyn is anti-semetic?

Quote from: IsisNails
There's a lot of Jewish people who believe any criticism of Israel is antisemitic. And yes, they can be wrong.

yeah I've heard there are even some Jewish people who believe the portrayal of goblins in Harry Potter is antisimitic, can you believe it  :o
Uncle

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #46609 on: April 05, 2023, 12:57:17 PM »
Bob Lee, creator of Cash App and former CTO of Square, stabbed to death

So he worked for a crypto company, I am not surprised then.

:lol

https://www.resetera.com/threads/bob-lee-creator-of-cash-app-and-former-cto-of-square-stabbed-to-death.705296/#post-103708130

Greatness Gone

« Reply #46610 on: April 05, 2023, 01:00:23 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resident-evil-4-ot-back-in-the-saddler.700387/page-187
Quote from: PlanetSmasher, post: 103722746, member: 6260
I am well aware of the value of yellow herbs. I have two red herbs sitting in my inventory right now waiting for a single green herb to drop to combine them with. Unfortunately that has not happened for two chapters.
Quote from: PlanetSmasher, post: 103723058, member: 6260
Considering how much damage I take, and how quickly I die (three solid enemy hits seems to be about all I can take before I keel over dead, and that's after eating two G+R+Y herbs in chapter 1) I really just can't walk into Del Lago or El Gigante without a bunch of full-heals stocked. I am not good at avoiding damage in this game because of how badly Leon controls, so I NEED an overabundance of healing to keep me from ragequitting the entire game due to repeated deaths.

Like the Fish Farm I was just at last night before I got pissed and turned the game off for the night, has something like 14 normal ganados AND a hammer guy skulking around there, and I can kill, like, two of them before I'm overwhelmed. And that's AFTER stealth killing three or four of the dumb ones just standing around in the water waiting for a knife to the neck.

For me it's the exact opposite. I am typically showered in ammo and money, but healing never drops.
how is it that planetsmasher ALWAYS finds himself in the most compromising, 1 in 100 chance of happening position in every single videogame he plays? how has he not found a healing item in TWO CHAPTERS? RE4's item drops don't even work this way, this mf is insane. :lol :lol :lol

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #46611 on: April 05, 2023, 01:11:52 PM »
MTG or ERA?

"Whistles are assault"

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #46612 on: April 05, 2023, 01:12:54 PM »
Vote Labour they might not kill you but can't promise is a wonderful endorsement.

They've done literally nothing to indicate they oppose Tory policy on Trans people. They tossed out Corbyn but continue to do nothing about Duffield who is on a mission to wipe out Trans people and believes someone like Eddie Izzard far from being killed in the Holocaust would have instead been been taken in and embraced by the Nazis

Eddie Izzard who was going to run as a fucking Labour MP (except the general public didn't want them), you utter fucking melt?

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #46613 on: April 05, 2023, 01:15:38 PM »
how is it that planetsmasher ALWAYS finds himself in the most compromising, 1 in 100 chance of happening position in every single videogame he plays? how has he not found a healing item in TWO CHAPTERS? RE4's item drops don't even work this way, this mf is insane. :lol :lol :lol

Has the RE:Make dropped the 'hidden feature' RE4 has, where if you're total shit at the game it just silently enables easy mode?

Boredfrom

« Reply #46614 on: April 05, 2023, 01:20:29 PM »
we're well aware of what needs fixing in this city, we just have terrible leadership and the good guys within our city government get shit upon by interlopers, people who dont wish us well and use our city as a cudgel to beat us about the head with and claim this is the result of liberal policies.

they forced out our DA who had good ideas that had barely started seeding (mostly because our police force refused to do their jobs and did their own version of quiet quitting while in office because they didnt like him or his views on police funding) and replaced him with a glad handing puppet of a DA who also still cant get their police force to do any actual work. The mechanisms within the city are in disrepair and no one wants to fix it because the right people are still getting the money they want and the people who own the biggest property in the city dont actually have to live with the rest of us or the consequences of their actions.

The “is totally other people fault that our city sucks”. I heard shitty thing of San Francisco since a decade and doesn’t sound it got better.

Greatness Gone

« Reply #46615 on: April 05, 2023, 01:27:15 PM »

Has the RE:Make dropped the 'hidden feature' RE4 has, where if you're total shit at the game it just silently enables easy mode?
I think it did actually, the game is challenging no matter how many times you die. Still isn't as hard as PlanetSmasher makes it seem tho

BIONIC

« Reply #46616 on: April 05, 2023, 01:49:40 PM »

I think it did actually, the game is challenging no matter how many times you die. Still isn't as hard as PlanetSmasher makes it seem tho

ScreenwritingSmasher sucks such ass at kideo games. The ones he’s particularly shit at, he keeps popping at threads for it years later like a scorned lover to keep regurgitating the same lies to cover for his lack of basic comprehension skills. Utterly pathetic manchild.
Margs

Greatness Gone

« Reply #46617 on: April 05, 2023, 02:14:22 PM »
the newest Marvel cope is already starting

https://www.resetera.com/threads/wkd-box-office-%E2%80%A2-03-31-04-02-23-%E2%80%A2-audiences-pine-for-adventure-wick-passes-100m.704366/page-3
Quote from: Rainy, post: 103723958, member: 4140
GOTG Vol 3 presales continue to look bad.
Quote from: mreddie, post: 103724744, member: 9483
I haven't found any info on the presales
Quote from: Fj0823, post: 103724993, member: 247
It's Box Office Theory posting theater presales by region or individual chains and claiming it's DOOOMED because it's averaging 0.8-0.9 times Quantumania's.
Quote from: mreddie, post: 103726823, member: 9483
Hmmm that might be a rational fear
Quote from: Fj0823, post: 103726964, member: 247
It's not great but I think it's too early to say it's a bomb....Like a whole month too early

considering this person has already tied Marvel box office performance to his mental health, things aren't looking good  :holeup

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #46618 on: April 05, 2023, 02:21:10 PM »
the newest Marvel cope is already starting

https://www.resetera.com/threads/wkd-box-office-%E2%80%A2-03-31-04-02-23-%E2%80%A2-audiences-pine-for-adventure-wick-passes-100m.704366/page-3
Quote from: Rainy, post: 103723958, member: 4140
GOTG Vol 3 presales continue to look bad.
Quote from: mreddie, post: 103724744, member: 9483
I haven't found any info on the presales
Quote from: Fj0823, post: 103724993, member: 247
It's Box Office Theory posting theater presales by region or individual chains and claiming it's DOOOMED because it's averaging 0.8-0.9 times Quantumania's.
Quote from: mreddie, post: 103726823, member: 9483
Hmmm that might be a rational fear
Quote from: Fj0823, post: 103726964, member: 247
It's not great but I think it's too early to say it's a bomb....Like a whole month too early

considering this person has already tied Marvel box office performance to his mental health, things aren't looking good  :holeup

©@©™

Averon

« Reply #46619 on: April 05, 2023, 02:24:56 PM »
MCU movie underperforming? Whelp, time to post another "fuck :cruise" thread.