Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 2003140 times)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Re: Off-Site Discussion: Salty Crackers
« Reply #9600 on: December 11, 2021, 02:19:19 PM »
Is that too much to ask?
Is it too much to ask that y'all don't make threads on a message board folx?  :goty2
🤴

ShutUp

« Reply #9601 on: December 11, 2021, 02:43:11 PM »
Thread locked. Of course totally unrelated to the royalan derail

This thread was bumped due to a totally fake rumor from a series of websites that, at best, are totally unreliable, and, at worst, are vaguely alt right. We've locked at least THREE, probably more, different threads about this same rumor due to sourcing issues over the course of the last week. Now we're at the point where people are bumping threads to talk about bullshit rumors from horrible sources.

I get that nobody has time for that anti-vaxx shit, I sure as hell don't, but can we all at least agree that we shouldn't be making threads, or bumping threads, based on random bullshit from the horrible parts of the internet? Is that too much to ask?

Ah, of course, all three threads (probably more!) over the course of a week (meaning, its probably true) are from alt right sources. When they don’t like what the sources are saying it means the source is alt right.

These people are all loads that should have been swallowed.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #9602 on: December 11, 2021, 02:47:03 PM »
I don't think they were born evil, they were just persuaded to join the dark side.
🤴

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #9603 on: December 11, 2021, 03:10:37 PM »
Because journalists don't just dump information seeking to harm perceived political enemies. They analyse it in the context of the greater picture, seek out balancing and informed perspectives, and report it in a professional manner that doesn't harm (or attempts to limit the harm) to innocent people.

It's the reason there are implied protections for journalists in most democratic nations. There's an unwritten social contract...or there used to be. Now, with the advent of Fox News and the mirrored behaviour of left leaning media, journalism has been devalued, it's standing had been destroyed and the social contract is null and void. Now journalism is all about "getting one over on the other team" and dumping documents out there without any regard for that old social contract.

Assange is not a journalist, he doesn't follow any sort of journalistic code of ethics, he has no regard for the innocent people he puts in harm's way and he shouldn't get the same implied protections that real professional journalists are afforded.
Nah, this is bullshit. There's never been any such thing as a "journalistic code of ethics" or some kind of "official" stamp for what is and is not journalism. Going that way lies censorship. The freedom of the press doesn't rely on any kind of made up horseshit about a journalism social contract, it protects anyone who chooses to publish.

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #9604 on: December 11, 2021, 03:14:00 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/last-christmas-is-a-terrible-corny-ass-song-and-it%E2%80%99s-worse-than-wonderful-christmas-time.526204/
People shit on the latter, but act like Last Christmas isn’t trash?

Also, Baby It’s Cold Outside is creepy and inappropriate no matter how you interpret it, same with Mommy Fucking Santa. What is this Bangbros ad shit in my Christmas music?
:badass

benjipwns

« Reply #9605 on: December 11, 2021, 03:14:09 PM »
Quote from: Melody Shreds, post: 78542689, member: 2700
Royalan seems to love to argue in bad faith for celebrities with transphobic views, this is a pattern now. I don't care if they're black or woman at this point this is ridiculous.
As long as they remain a mode on this site I'm dont feel comfortable posting here anymore.

Quote from: Royalan, post: 78543028, member: 41
I want to address this. Because I don't like this. I don't like that I've made you feel this way, and I apologize.

I really hate that I've put the energy out there that I am antagonistic to the Trans community. A community that I have personally identified with for years. It is the reason I felt compelled to reengage with this thread and apologize.

Propagandhim

« Reply #9606 on: December 11, 2021, 03:15:36 PM »
:dead fuckin benji

benjipwns

« Reply #9607 on: December 11, 2021, 05:26:41 PM »
« Last Edit: December 11, 2021, 09:38:58 PM by benjipwns »

Drainage

« Reply #9608 on: December 11, 2021, 05:48:23 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/for-those-who-are-living-in-places-where-you-have-someone-living-above-you-how-do-you-deal-with-the-footsteps-and-rolling.526168/
I truly despise how in America, houses are built with wooden flooring / ceiling, and not having some of sort of padding in between the floors to dampen the noise. Why are we not using concrete floors or some materials that absorbs the noises? I don't get why we should be tolerating the noise of the footsteps and rolling of the wheels (vacuum rolling, office chair rolling, etc.), when the "reduction of noises from above or below" should've been standardized as part of building codes.

In the corporate building / office building, the concrete floors in between each and every other floor actually dampens the footsteps / noise above and below you. With the exception of some other company throwing a party, you are quietly enjoying the work environment because there are no disturbances when you're sitting around. Either that, or the thickness of each level is pretty thick.

(Granted, that is pre-pandemic times... Nowadays, I am WFH, so I can't say that I missed the serenity of offices.)

I hate wooden floors. I also hate how it is the least expensive building material, because what we paid for should've been something that reduces footstep noises.

How do you deal with these noises? You can't just say, "shut up, neighbor! You're walking too loud!" at them, just because they're walking normally. I don't blame them for that, and would rather blame the building codes not up to par with making the floors / ceilings sound-proof.

Gah!
Ree: Yes, you can especially telling them to tell their kids to shut the fuck up.

Wow, must be nice to complain about your neighbors footsteps when most folx can’t even afford a home nowadays.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #9609 on: December 11, 2021, 06:51:53 PM »
Because journalists don't just dump information seeking to harm perceived political enemies. They analyse it in the context of the greater picture, seek out balancing and informed perspectives, and report it in a professional manner that doesn't harm (or attempts to limit the harm) to innocent people.

It's the reason there are implied protections for journalists in most democratic nations. There's an unwritten social contract...or there used to be. Now, with the advent of Fox News and the mirrored behaviour of left leaning media, journalism has been devalued, it's standing had been destroyed and the social contract is null and void. Now journalism is all about "getting one over on the other team" and dumping documents out there without any regard for that old social contract.

Assange is not a journalist, he doesn't follow any sort of journalistic code of ethics, he has no regard for the innocent people he puts in harm's way and he shouldn't get the same implied protections that real professional journalists are afforded.
Nah, this is bullshit. There's never been any such thing as a "journalistic code of ethics" or some kind of "official" stamp for what is and is not journalism. Going that way lies censorship. The freedom of the press doesn't rely on any kind of made up horseshit about a journalism social contract, it protects anyone who chooses to publish.
I beg to differ.
https://www.meaa.org/meaa-media/code-of-ethics/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Journalism_ethics_and_standards
Spud

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #9610 on: December 11, 2021, 07:25:55 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/can-someone-explain-to-me-how-“let’s-go-brandon-”-became-a-thing-among-maga-idiots.526270/#post-78550861

Quote from: RustyNails, post: 78550861, member: 8257
I saw it on a semi on the road and I just felt sad for the guy. Living in a hate filled, scary world all by himself.

:spiders
Margs

benjipwns

« Reply #9611 on: December 11, 2021, 07:29:56 PM »
I beg to differ.
https://www.meaa.org/meaa-media/code-of-ethics/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Journalism_ethics_and_standards
You may, but you can't ignore the fact that those things came centuries after freedom of the press was first codified in Western law making them irrelevant to considerations of the free press canon. Milton and Locke both wrote on the idea in the 17th century, the licensure for the press in the UK ended in 1695, freedom of the press was well established in The Colonies by the mid 18th century, it was formally enshrined in the Constitution in 1787, etc. Industry codes in journalism simply didn't exist until the 20th century. And they've never been the basis of some kind of reciprocal protection of rights in the common law canon. I focused on the English speaking world because it was the forefront of liberal thought and practice, but nations like Sweden and Denmark established similar press freedoms in the 18th century as well.

As such, any claim to a journalistic social contract is absurd on its face. Journalists abided by no code of conduct or ethics or standards for centuries yet the state and the law recognized the protection of the rights of the press. Even if such industry codes now exist (and are in regressive countries enforced as law) that does not imply that failure to adhere to them forfeits well-established freedom of the press protections nor that those who have never subscribed to said industry codes do not also have those protections when they publish.

Whether or not Julian Assange is a "journalist" by any standard he was nevertheless obviously a "publisher" which grants him the protections under the freedom of the press. This is why journalism organizations and (non-repulsive) journalists are so keen to highlight the violations of his rights and include him within their sphere. Denying him the protections is the same as denying them the protections even if they claim to adhere to some novel industry code.

NekoFever

« Reply #9612 on: December 11, 2021, 07:39:53 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/for-those-who-are-living-in-places-where-you-have-someone-living-above-you-how-do-you-deal-with-the-footsteps-and-rolling.526168/
I truly despise how in America, houses are built with wooden flooring / ceiling, and not having some of sort of padding in between the floors to dampen the noise. Why are we not using concrete floors or some materials that absorbs the noises? I don't get why we should be tolerating the noise of the footsteps and rolling of the wheels (vacuum rolling, office chair rolling, etc.), when the "reduction of noises from above or below" should've been standardized as part of building codes.

In the corporate building / office building, the concrete floors in between each and every other floor actually dampens the footsteps / noise above and below you. With the exception of some other company throwing a party, you are quietly enjoying the work environment because there are no disturbances when you're sitting around. Either that, or the thickness of each level is pretty thick.

(Granted, that is pre-pandemic times... Nowadays, I am WFH, so I can't say that I missed the serenity of offices.)

I hate wooden floors. I also hate how it is the least expensive building material, because what we paid for should've been something that reduces footstep noises.

How do you deal with these noises? You can't just say, "shut up, neighbor! You're walking too loud!" at them, just because they're walking normally. I don't blame them for that, and would rather blame the building codes not up to par with making the floors / ceilings sound-proof.

Gah!
Ree: Yes, you can especially telling them to tell their kids to shut the fuck up.

Wow, must be nice to complain about your neighbors footsteps when most folx can’t even afford a home nowadays.

Era: Fuck single family homes, build up not out.

Also Era: God living in an apartment sucks.

BisMarckie

« Reply #9613 on: December 11, 2021, 07:40:06 PM »
Sushi-X is the only journalist I respect.

Assange never cared as much about war in Iraq as EGM did.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #9614 on: December 11, 2021, 07:47:25 PM »
You're conflating freedom of the press with a journalistic code of ethics.

The code of ethics has nothing to do with press freedom or censorship. It's about how they deal with sources, how they deal with the information they are privileged to obtain, how they acknowledge their personal biases when reporting.

Assange is not a journalist. He's a whistleblower and an activist.

If you want to know my personal thoughts about what legal rights whistleblowers should have, then that's another matter and something that I believe should be codified in law and be much, much stronger than any protections offered to journalists.

I don't agree with the way Assange has been treated. I don't think he should be jailed or facing any charges for what he's done. I just don't agree that he qualifies as a journalist under the generally accepted definition of the term.
Spud

benjipwns

« Reply #9615 on: December 11, 2021, 07:48:47 PM »

NEVER FORGET:

benjipwns

« Reply #9616 on: December 11, 2021, 08:15:08 PM »

The code of ethics has nothing to do with press freedom or censorship. It's about how they deal with sources, how they deal with the information they are privileged to obtain, how they acknowledge their personal biases when reporting.
You were the one doing that! You're the one who said there was some kind of social contract and that journalists had broken it by violating a code of ethics and so no longer deserve freedom of the press! I was arguing against this notion!

I just don't agree that he qualifies as a journalist under the generally accepted definition of the term.
Under the law in the United States (and under any reasonable conception of freedom of the press) he is protected the same as anyone who publishes. "Journalists" do not receive special rights from everyone else.

The Trump Administration disagreed and the Biden Administration disagrees and are pointing to the "fact" that Assange is "not a journalist" to justify prosecuting him for publishing. The fact that they want to prosecute him, a foreign national, here for publishing elsewhere just adds to the criminal absurdity of it all. It's frankly amazing that journalists and "progressives" are cheering on Trump going after someone criminally for publishing after spending five years warning how Trump insulting journalists on Twitter was the end of democracy.

For example, the replies to this tweet are flooded with "but he's not a journalist" justifications (including from a former CIA blue check) as if it should matter:
https://twitter.com/ACLU/status/1469728940570943495

benjipwns

« Reply #9617 on: December 11, 2021, 08:16:41 PM »
In any case, the MEAA endorses him with credentials as a journalist:

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #9618 on: December 11, 2021, 08:38:43 PM »
In any case, the MEAA endorses him with credentials as a journalist:
(Image removed from quote.)

I'm afraid Mr Assange your press card happens to be... expired

:waluigi

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #9619 on: December 11, 2021, 08:49:02 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/can-someone-explain-to-me-how-“let’s-go-brandon-”-became-a-thing-among-maga-idiots.526270/#post-78550861
So they can sense Ree ppl now?

Quote from: RustyNails, post: 78550861, member: 8257
I saw it on a semi on the road and I just felt sad for the guy. Living in a hate filled, scary world all by himself.

:spiders

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #9620 on: December 11, 2021, 09:14:40 PM »

You were the one doing that! You're the one who said there was some kind of social contract and that journalists had broken it by violating a code of ethics and so no longer deserve freedom of the press! I was arguing against this notion!
Not once have I mentioned freedom of the press in anything. You implied it incorrectly into what I was saying.

Anyway  :no1curr  so let's not carry on with the careposts in the shit bin thread.
Spud

benjipwns

« Reply #9621 on: December 11, 2021, 09:16:50 PM »
As far as I understand it, it began at a rally where the speaker wanted to say "fuck Biden" but instead he gaffed and said "Let's go Brandon." So, that's how this phrase got started.
It's basically the equivalent of a kid coming up with some secret codeword that stands for a swear word that they're not supposed to say tbh.
They think it’s clever and they’d probably get charged if they had “Fuck Biden” flags flying from their trucks.
This is it right here. Except it's adults and no one cares if you say fuck Joe Biden. So it's like a secret code word for a swear word that isn't even a swear word?
I say fuck Joe Biden all the time when he does things I don't agree with and I don't need to say it in code. Conservatives are so weird man.
It's a way to say a naughty godless word without actually saying it. This allows them into heaven. They found the loophole....
Same as every other right wing dogwhistle. They want to pretend they are clever and getting one over on people.
It's just the latest lowest common denominator version of crypto-fascism. See Civil War 2: Electric Boogaloo (aka 4chan's name for the supposed upcoming race war) -> Boogaloo Boys -> Big Luau/Big Igloo for a previous example. Or the OK sign being co-opted by white supremacists. Soundalikes or innocuous stand-ins for their true beliefs.
They think they're being clever and then supposedly have plausible deniability for technically saying something offensive or having offensive beliefs.
It’s dumb because they can just say fuck Biden if they wanted to. Who cares? They try so hard to do and say so little.
I saw a Let's Go Brandon bumper sticker in the wild.

It's not funny? Like what's the punchline
it's the silliest shit-- the same people calling others "snowflakes" are too chickenshit to say "fuck joe biden" so they use coded language lol
Like who’s stopping them from just saying what they really mean? Its silly.
Conservatives: "Unlike you libtards I'm not so easily triggered"

Also conservatives: Afraid of saying Fuck Joe Biden.
Imagine being afraid of saying fuck Joe Biden. lol
Lets go Brandon" is just worse than, "Fuck Joe Biden" I mean just say, "Fuck Joe Biden" its way more punchy. I think i get the intent of, "Lets go Brandon" for two reasons its coded and does not register to a lot of people. You get that dog whistle aspect where conservatives recognize each other by just spouting an esoteric meme, "lets go Brandon" without the normies knowing. Then you get the fact that the phrase is so innocuous that you could get a lot of said, "Normies" to parrot it back under the guise that its a funny meme(in addition to a large swath of people who just have no idea what they are talking about). Conservative memes tend to have no shelf life though, anybody remember that NPC meme? no? How about calling people cuck? eh maybe. Memes move so fast that no one wants to waste time shit posting a bunch of conservative memes that are all shades of the same joke. Then there is shit like trad girl/Yes Chad that have evolved so far past and in spite their conservative origins that they never had their intended effect in the first place.
they think saying "fuck joe biden" goes too hard apparently.
It's kinda like a kid saying bitch and then immediately explaining that it means female dog so technically, they didn't swear. Except they're adults, so there's an extra layer of patheticness.

Just say fuck Joe Biden like a normal person.
You can’t sell “Fuck Joe Biden” T-Shirts and bumper stickers, but you can sell “Let’s Go Brandon.”
The “fuck your feelings, snowflake” crowd who “tells it like it is” are censoring themselves because they don’t actually have the courage to say the F word in public.
Conservatives are too cowardly to be open with their beliefs
Because MAGA likes being associated with white trash NASCAR fans
Like how downtrodden are these poor fuckers that they can't just say Fuck Biden and be happy?
Like idk why they don't have the courage to just say fuck Joe Biden.
Great ten second research everybody!

benjipwns

« Reply #9622 on: December 11, 2021, 09:20:08 PM »
Not once have I mentioned freedom of the press in anything. You implied it incorrectly into what I was saying.
???

benjipwns

benjipwns

« Reply #9624 on: December 12, 2021, 12:55:32 AM »
User banned (permanent): Misogynistic fat shaming. Multiple severe prior bans for similar behavior.

Did they make her less fat from the reveal trailer? Also, I haven't been keeping up with console games but I figured this would be out way later than next February. It's been almost a year since I used my PS5 so it's nice to have something to kinda look forward to.
:aloy

PogiJones

« Reply #9625 on: December 12, 2021, 01:02:31 AM »

NEVER FORGET:
(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)

Like the war it's based on, Desert Strike becomes a lot more immoral when blast processing is involved.

BadAss2961

« Reply #9626 on: December 12, 2021, 10:40:17 AM »
User banned (permanent): Misogynistic fat shaming. Multiple severe prior bans for similar behavior.

Did they make her less fat from the reveal trailer? Also, I haven't been keeping up with console games but I figured this would be out way later than next February. It's been almost a year since I used my PS5 so it's nice to have something to kinda look forward to.
lol

My first thought when I saw the new trailer is they seemed to get rid of the fat face.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #9627 on: December 12, 2021, 11:58:04 AM »
As far as I understand it, it began at a rally where the speaker wanted to say "fuck Biden" but instead he gaffed and said "Let's go Brandon." So, that's how this phrase got started.
It's basically the equivalent of a kid coming up with some secret codeword that stands for a swear word that they're not supposed to say tbh.
They think it’s clever and they’d probably get charged if they had “Fuck Biden” flags flying from their trucks.
This is it right here. Except it's adults and no one cares if you say fuck Joe Biden. So it's like a secret code word for a swear word that isn't even a swear word?
I say fuck Joe Biden all the time when he does things I don't agree with and I don't need to say it in code. Conservatives are so weird man.
It's a way to say a naughty godless word without actually saying it. This allows them into heaven. They found the loophole....
Same as every other right wing dogwhistle. They want to pretend they are clever and getting one over on people.
It's just the latest lowest common denominator version of crypto-fascism. See Civil War 2: Electric Boogaloo (aka 4chan's name for the supposed upcoming race war) -> Boogaloo Boys -> Big Luau/Big Igloo for a previous example. Or the OK sign being co-opted by white supremacists. Soundalikes or innocuous stand-ins for their true beliefs.
They think they're being clever and then supposedly have plausible deniability for technically saying something offensive or having offensive beliefs.
It’s dumb because they can just say fuck Biden if they wanted to. Who cares? They try so hard to do and say so little.
I saw a Let's Go Brandon bumper sticker in the wild.

It's not funny? Like what's the punchline
it's the silliest shit-- the same people calling others "snowflakes" are too chickenshit to say "fuck joe biden" so they use coded language lol
Like who’s stopping them from just saying what they really mean? Its silly.
Conservatives: "Unlike you libtards I'm not so easily triggered"

Also conservatives: Afraid of saying Fuck Joe Biden.
Imagine being afraid of saying fuck Joe Biden. lol
Lets go Brandon" is just worse than, "Fuck Joe Biden" I mean just say, "Fuck Joe Biden" its way more punchy. I think i get the intent of, "Lets go Brandon" for two reasons its coded and does not register to a lot of people. You get that dog whistle aspect where conservatives recognize each other by just spouting an esoteric meme, "lets go Brandon" without the normies knowing. Then you get the fact that the phrase is so innocuous that you could get a lot of said, "Normies" to parrot it back under the guise that its a funny meme(in addition to a large swath of people who just have no idea what they are talking about). Conservative memes tend to have no shelf life though, anybody remember that NPC meme? no? How about calling people cuck? eh maybe. Memes move so fast that no one wants to waste time shit posting a bunch of conservative memes that are all shades of the same joke. Then there is shit like trad girl/Yes Chad that have evolved so far past and in spite their conservative origins that they never had their intended effect in the first place.
they think saying "fuck joe biden" goes too hard apparently.
It's kinda like a kid saying bitch and then immediately explaining that it means female dog so technically, they didn't swear. Except they're adults, so there's an extra layer of patheticness.

Just say fuck Joe Biden like a normal person.
You can’t sell “Fuck Joe Biden” T-Shirts and bumper stickers, but you can sell “Let’s Go Brandon.”
The “fuck your feelings, snowflake” crowd who “tells it like it is” are censoring themselves because they don’t actually have the courage to say the F word in public.
Conservatives are too cowardly to be open with their beliefs
Because MAGA likes being associated with white trash NASCAR fans
Like how downtrodden are these poor fuckers that they can't just say Fuck Biden and be happy?
Like idk why they don't have the courage to just say fuck Joe Biden.
Great ten second research everybody!

Isn't it a meme because... at some sporting event - I'm gonna say NASCAR as sufficiently red neck murican - the crowd were audibly shouting "fuck joe biden" but the reporter was trying to spin it as the more media friendly "Let's go Brandon"?

Because those are some pretty self satisfied replies from the site that was using "Drumpf" on the regular

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #9628 on: December 12, 2021, 12:16:45 PM »
"This comic book film isn't exactly what I wanted it to be, let me harass these people to release the cut of the movie that's the directors vision that's still bullshit but I've got so much invested at this point I can't admit I'm wrong"

weird way of attacking the people who wanted the snyder cut which was universally declared much better than the studio cut when released

Mostima

« Reply #9629 on: December 12, 2021, 12:28:23 PM »
Who exactly was "harassed" into releasing the Snyder cut again?

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #9630 on: December 12, 2021, 12:39:33 PM »
hard workin' execs, just tryin' ta live their best life and avoid the mounting accusations of sexism and racism

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #9631 on: December 12, 2021, 02:20:29 PM »
snyder cut was as good as that material was going to get. which is amazing tbh

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #9632 on: December 12, 2021, 02:23:36 PM »

As much as I loathe Trump they do give the A-OK to far shame him lol.  I remember when users with obesity commented how they felt the others were accusing them of defending Trump.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #9633 on: December 12, 2021, 02:24:28 PM »
Who exactly was "harassed" into releasing the Snyder cut again?
The cast and director harassed the executives and company management.

Remember, the socialists on ResetEra always look out for the little guy.
🤴

« Reply #9634 on: December 12, 2021, 08:44:49 PM »
Someone makes a thread wanting to discuss how WB is going to navigate releasing the HP game in light of Rowling's whole thing:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/hogwarts-legacy-how-is-warner-bros-going-to-go-about-releasing-this-game.526636/
Quote from: Mellow
As we all know, JK Rolling name attached to anything these days isn't a good thing. What she has said about the trans community is awful and something must be done.

I am personally very excited about this game, an open-world Hogwarts RPG? That sounds amazing, of course, though JK Rolling making a profit from this really sucks and takes down any positive reception the game will get.

It's been rumoured that Warner Bros. is being really cautious with this game and it was even rumoured to be at The Game Awards but it just wasn't.

What do you think Warner Bros can do to make everyone (but JK) happy?

18 minutes later:
Quote from: Transistor

While we will be hosting a barebones OT after the game releases so that people may discuss the game and it's issues, we have decided not to host any threads meant to promote or advertise the game due to Rowling's transphobia. As a result we are locking this thread.

10 minutes after that, in the constructive thread, appearing immediately after posts featuring users discussing how the mod team probably regrets making people topic-ban-happy:
Quote from: Kyuuji
While we will be hosting a barebones OT after the game releases so that people may discuss the game and it's issues, we have decided not to host any threads meant to promote or advertise the game due to Rowling's transphobia. As a result we are locking this thread.
[USER=1099]Transistor[/USER] is that the official position on Hogwarts Legacy? To my understanding the circumstances of the OT and whether to have one or not were still up in the air.

This whole stance is not going to get any easier for them to defend was people keep revealing more and more about all the horrible bullshit going on at video game companies, but apparently they're going to keep trying to have it both ways.

Snoopycat_

« Reply #9635 on: December 12, 2021, 09:40:19 PM »
Gosh, it's almost like there's a discord group with an orchestrated campaign or something.

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
« Reply #9636 on: December 12, 2021, 11:01:34 PM »

:iface

Impressive. Admit you're hosting a thread about a game that you have decided not to host a thread about because of transphobia.
Fish<

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #9637 on: December 13, 2021, 12:49:43 AM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/jk_rowling/status/1470092815506063365

How is this tweet going down on Reeeeesetera?
Spud

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #9638 on: December 13, 2021, 03:41:55 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/sleeping-wit-co-workers.526564/page-4#post-78624283

Quote from: TheMadTitan, post: 78624283, member: 18398
I see no problem with it. We already make friends and associate with work people outside of work, so I don't see this as being any worse.

No one will bat an eye if you go out and grab a beer or go rock climbing with the same co-workers every week and no one would say anything if that friendship went sour, so  it makes no sense to me when it comes to sex.

Disclaimer, I have coworkers that actually want to have sex with me. No, I haven't had sex with any of them.

:ego :dice :ego
Margs

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #9639 on: December 13, 2021, 03:53:28 AM »
Office party season for resetera. Oh the fun they’ll have.

Spiking drinks and dragging coworkers to stock cupboards for some festive fun.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #9640 on: December 13, 2021, 03:58:44 AM »
JK Rolling, lmao they don't even know her name.
🤴

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #9642 on: December 13, 2021, 04:49:38 AM »
I like the promotion of that awful Mermaids charity in it's timeline.

Mostima

« Reply #9643 on: December 13, 2021, 05:53:03 AM »
There's no way any media franchise could survive after pissing off the hardcore trans activists that sort-of do boycotts but not really if it's something they really like :social2
https://twitter.com/Tristama_/status/1470201387409723399
https://twitter.com/jasonkilar/status/1444125659907821571

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #9644 on: December 13, 2021, 06:01:51 AM »

They're trying to interpret it as HUGE MISANDRIST JKR SAYS ONLY MEN CAN BE RAPISTS rather than the more occams-razorish "Why would you call a rapist with a penis a woman, and then put them into a womans prison?"

SmokyDave

« Reply #9645 on: December 13, 2021, 06:18:07 AM »
I'm fairly sure English law says only men can be rapists (although women / trans men can be charged as accessories). I'll be surprised if that's an area where people voraciously fight for equality.

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #9646 on: December 13, 2021, 08:06:27 AM »

They're trying to interpret it as HUGE MISANDRIST JKR SAYS ONLY MEN CAN BE RAPISTS rather than the more occams-razorish "Why would you call a rapist with a penis a woman, and then put them into a womans prison?"

They’ll just say these situations are so rare that it amounts to concern trolling not realizing that can be said about most trans related slap fights.
Oi Oi

SmokyDave

« Reply #9647 on: December 13, 2021, 08:16:10 AM »
They’ll just say these situations are so rare that it amounts to concern trolling not realizing that can be said about most trans related slap fights.
They'll need to hold that one back for when they finally talk about that UPenn swimmer that is smashing all the ladies records effortlessly.

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #9648 on: December 13, 2021, 09:01:27 AM »
tbh JK Rowling is kinda sus. If you were a billionaire, would you waste your time with this this shit on twitter?

https://nypost.com/2020/08/02/everything-you-need-to-know-about-jeffrey-epsteins-secret-girlfriend/
News of a previously unknown girlfriend first emerged in the latest trove of unsealed court documents, in which Ghislaine Maxwell was shown to have begged Epstein to get “Shelley” to publicly announce in the 2000s that she — not Maxwell — was the pedophile’s ex.

Now she has been identified as British-born author Shelley Anne Lewis, 43, who was a frequent traveler on Epstein’s private jet, including trips to his so-called “Pedo Island,” according to the Mail on Sunday newspaper.

[...]

Lewis also wrote a bestselling children’s book — “A Key To The Heart,” which garnered praise from the likes of first lady Laura Bush and Harry Potter series author JK Rowling — along with spiritual blog articles, her bio states.

:thinking
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #9649 on: December 13, 2021, 09:08:58 AM »
tbh JK Rowling is kinda sus. If you were a billionaire, would you waste your time with this this shit on twitter?

being a billionaire means doing whatever you want, you don't have to act in specific high class ways

if your favorite food is mac and cheese then when you are a billionaire you eat fucking mac and cheese every single day and pay the best doctors to scrape that shit out of your arteries and patch up your intestinal lining
Uncle

Snoopycat_

« Reply #9650 on: December 13, 2021, 09:40:26 AM »
Trying to drag poor Ghissey into that awful Rowling woman's mess

:wag

Mostima

« Reply #9651 on: December 13, 2021, 09:47:30 AM »
I thought it was the norm for billionaires to go on Twitter and argue with people over dumb shit. Look at Elon Musk and Notch.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #9653 on: December 13, 2021, 10:18:30 AM »
Musk is pretty much an internet edgelord turned billionaire but I'm not sure why they detest him so much.

Ghoul

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #9655 on: December 13, 2021, 10:26:08 AM »
T*me's P*rson of the Year, IMHO
©@©™

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #9656 on: December 13, 2021, 10:30:14 AM »
Musk is pretty much an internet edgelord turned billionaire but I'm not sure why they detest him so much.

cause they're all shitty internet edgelords  but not billionaires too.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #9657 on: December 13, 2021, 11:04:34 AM »
Interesting, they're now locking everything positive Rowling related

Given that JK Rowling is a horrible human being, we're going to lock this and any other trailer / hype threads to further discussion.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/fantastic-beasts-the-secrets-of-dumbledore-official-trailer.526801/

Ghoul

« Reply #9659 on: December 13, 2021, 11:48:29 AM »
Yeah, real capitalism would have sent them home LMAO.