Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 2201186 times)

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
Re: Other Forums Containment Thread
« Reply #24540 on: July 12, 2022, 11:45:49 PM »
OnlyFans?  :trumps
OBE

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #24541 on: July 13, 2022, 12:43:39 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-last-of-us-part-i-has-gone-gold.606465/page-4#post-89861907

:cop User Banned (1 Week): Hostility; Accoung in Junior Phase
Quote from: lifeis_g000d
Quote from: DaleCooper
Looking forward to buy this for the third time.

At 80% discount. Not fooling me again, Sony.
Lol “at 80% discount” cheap F****. That’s the issue with this generation, everybody wants everything free or cheap. Instead of paying for quality. And what do you mean that Sony is “fooling” you? This is one of the greatest games of all time and a full remake, what is there to be fooled about?

:dead
OBE

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #24542 on: July 13, 2022, 12:56:11 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/twitter-sues-elon-musk.606882/page-4#post-89907477
lol Elon's net worth is like 10x Twitter's mcap... good luck I guess? Soon as he mentioned the bots issue (which IS an issue), I knew the deal wouldn't go through.

Probably both Twitter and Musk will come out of this with a net-win, either way. Super dumb.

Who the hell wants Twitter any way. Why are boomers so damn convinced it's the "town hall of human society"? Did they miss all the other social network explosions since the 90s?

Twitter's on their way out anyway. Everyone knows it. Elon acquiring it just would have made that happen faster and been a net loss for both himself and Twitter. Never made sense to me.

Acquisitions of apps/social sites literally never works ever.

Just ask Kevin Rose.
He is aware ResetEra is one of the acquisition social sites, right?

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #24543 on: July 13, 2022, 01:15:12 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/7-teens-in-philadelphia-assault-elderly-man-on-camera-victim-dies-following-day.605511/page-8#post-89909286
So many saying that they should turn themselves in and cooperate. He does, and is charged as an adult. Zero leniency, and a full on murder charge.
NepNep
I mean, we all knew what was gonna happen to a bunch of Black kids. The real question was whether or not the so-called allies would keep up the charade of caring about the sociopolitical issues relevant to the case.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/7-teens-in-philadelphia-assault-elderly-man-on-camera-victim-dies-following-day.605511/page-8#post-89910657
Not surprised, kid is gonna get 10-20 years in prison and come out of prison with no education, no money, no driver's license, no ways of getting an education because he has no money, no way of getting most jobs because he was in prison, no way of getting most assistance because he was in prison, probably be homeless, get forced to do another crime and recidivism back into jail after hurting even more people.

But hey, that's what some people here want! It's so much better to do that than juvie + hella therapy + support and repair this kid into a functioning member of society, because that'd insult the victim's family or whatever! (hard sarcasm here)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #24544 on: July 13, 2022, 01:32:05 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/7-teens-in-philadelphia-assault-elderly-man-on-camera-victim-dies-following-day.605511/page-8#post-89909286
So many saying that they should turn themselves in and cooperate. He does, and is charged as an adult. Zero leniency, and a full on murder charge.
NepNep
I mean, we all knew what was gonna happen to a bunch of Black kids. The real question was whether or not the so-called allies would keep up the charade of caring about the sociopolitical issues relevant to the case.
So a third-degree murder charge for beating a man to death is not appropriate because... allies should realize that sometimes it's not murder or something?

Mostima

« Reply #24545 on: July 13, 2022, 02:01:37 AM »
These were the exact same people that talked about how evil and beyond rehabilitation that smirking kid in the MAGA hat was.

jorma

« Reply #24546 on: July 13, 2022, 02:42:10 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/twitter-sues-elon-musk.606882/page-4#post-89907477
lol Elon's net worth is like 10x Twitter's mcap... good luck I guess? Soon as he mentioned the bots issue (which IS an issue), I knew the deal wouldn't go through.

Probably both Twitter and Musk will come out of this with a net-win, either way. Super dumb.

Who the hell wants Twitter any way. Why are boomers so damn convinced it's the "town hall of human society"? Did they miss all the other social network explosions since the 90s?

Twitter's on their way out anyway. Everyone knows it. Elon acquiring it just would have made that happen faster and been a net loss for both himself and Twitter. Never made sense to me.

Just ask Kevin Rose.

I guess he could ask Cerium, but he knows he has to wait until he comes back from his nap to answer all the questions.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #24547 on: July 13, 2022, 02:46:40 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/twitter-sues-elon-musk.606882/page-4#post-89911641
The middle ground I’m hoping for. If not this, he buys Twitter for the full price, sinking both him and Twitter in the process. An over-monetized, nazi-ridden hellscape platform in an attempt to recoup costs wouldn’t last another 5 years.
This is so weird since that OP who's so obsessive over Trump has tweets

Mostima

« Reply #24548 on: July 13, 2022, 03:17:54 AM »
Over-monetized? Twitter is like the least monetized of the major social media sites. Even Resetera is more monetized since it actually charges a subscription to be ad-free. :lol

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #24549 on: July 13, 2022, 04:03:05 AM »

Just ask Kevin Rose.
I wonder how that $1 billion purchase of Instagram is working out for Facebook?
Spud

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #24550 on: July 13, 2022, 04:04:52 AM »
NepNep

https://www.resetera.com/threads/7-teens-in-philadelphia-assault-elderly-man-on-camera-victim-dies-following-day.605511/page-8#post-89910657
Not surprised, kid is gonna get 10-20 years in prison and come out of prison with no education, no money, no driver's license, no ways of getting an education because he has no money, no way of getting most jobs because he was in prison, no way of getting most assistance because he was in prison, probably be homeless, get forced to do another crime and recidivism back into jail after hurting even more people.

But hey, that's what some people here want! It's so much better to do that than juvie + hella therapy + support and repair this kid into a functioning member of society, because that'd insult the victim's family or whatever! (hard sarcasm here)
He only killed someone for the LOLs on camera. We should be thinking about how he can be a future productive member of society.
Spud

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #24551 on: July 13, 2022, 04:35:14 AM »
I refuse to believe that Taika Waititi, Oscar winner and director of one of the most highly regarded MCU films, wouldn't have been allowed an extra 10-20min of runtime if he really wanted it.

Naruto Believe it.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #24552 on: July 13, 2022, 08:23:47 AM »
Somehow some ERA people are pretty skeptical that Top Gun 2 is "military propaganda". When Pentagon collaboration contingent on favorable depiction has been an actual thing for years and the first Top Gun movie absolutely has an history of being the most awesome Navy commercial ever made, officially or not.
:confused

I haven't seen the film so :yeshrug but that discussion seems far less of a reach than many, many other inferences you routinely read on ERA.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 08:31:04 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #24553 on: July 13, 2022, 08:32:46 AM »
LOOK at this fuck! I wish Royalan choose his meals as carefully as he minces words here:

Finally got around to watching the video they just murdered the guy and enjoyed every second of it. He really tried to get away and they just chased em down with that cone. Just evil.

Quote from: FatMod
Finally got around to watching the video they just murdered the guy and enjoyed every second of it. He really tried to get away and they just chased em down with that cone. Just evil.

Just curios.Which part didn't happen?

I'm not seeing the "they" chased him down, and I'm not seeing the "enjoying every bit of it."

That's the type of editorializing you supply when you're going for a maximum sentence.

Not sure how you can say that when that's exactly what's happening in the video.

They're chasing him right when the video starts and they seem to be enjoying themselves while doing it :

No need to link the video that's in the OP. I've seen it. Before this thread existed even.

I see a group of kids. Some aggressive, some conflicted, some appearing to actively try to stop the continued violence. That's what I see in that video. So we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Smug self-righteousness about tone policing to own YT by stanning for a group of teenagers who beat to death an elderly black man.

You’re not one of the good guys, chief.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 11:48:12 AM by joeboy101 »

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #24554 on: July 13, 2022, 09:13:23 AM »
Morrigan is a near 40 year old woman whose only achievement in life is being a Souls PvP griefer.

That's not fair.

She's also a satanist, but in defiance of the orgiastic hedonist persona you might expect that entails, manages to come across as lisa simpson larping as a frontier school marm

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #24555 on: July 13, 2022, 09:16:02 AM »
are there no devices or chemicals in the world that might work a little better on darker-skinned people and worse on lighter-skinned people?

based on statistics, apparently US security cameras :teehee

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #24556 on: July 13, 2022, 09:16:22 AM »
are there no devices or chemicals in the world that might work a little better on darker-skinned people and worse on lighter-skinned people?

based on statistics, apparently US security cameras :teehee

this is the post that will prevent me from office

SmokyDave

« Reply #24557 on: July 13, 2022, 09:20:57 AM »
I’m all in favour of rehabilitation over retribution. I’m also a believer that young minds should be treated differently to adult minds.

Difference between me and ree is that I always feel this way, not just when the perp looks like me.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #24558 on: July 13, 2022, 09:24:49 AM »
NepNep

trying kids as adults is some straight up bullshit, but why are they pretending even shithole 'murican prisons don't have the capabilities for people who want to get their GED to do so?

(I know exactly why)

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #24559 on: July 13, 2022, 09:40:11 AM »
Told my egg donor she was dead to me. Fuck her depression and mental illness she has going on(She uses it as a means to garner sympathy from family)And that I won’t attend her funeral, nor would I donate any of my anatomy to her. Also told her that if she has a sickle cell attack that I wouldn’t be upset if she died.

Was told by everyone im the AH because I only get one mother. I kindly reminded those same family members she only gets one son and that she has put me through hell my entire life.

Edit: oh I also called her a crackhead.

:doge

Insert2dicks alt?

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #24560 on: July 13, 2022, 10:04:25 AM »
I’m all in favour of rehabilitation over retribution. I’m also a believer that young minds should be treated differently to adult minds.

Difference between me and ree is that I always feel this way, not just when the perp looks like me.

perhaps you are not considering era's young minds differently from adult minds
Uncle

Propagandhim

« Reply #24561 on: July 13, 2022, 11:41:02 AM »
I just laughed out loud at the thought of a scenario where Nepenthe's expressing chagrin skimming through a news story, "These 7 white kids who participated in a gang murder are being tried as adults.  Awful.  What is this country coming to?"

Propagandhim

« Reply #24562 on: July 13, 2022, 11:49:27 AM »

:nothing

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #24563 on: July 13, 2022, 11:52:35 AM »
I just laughed out loud at the thought of a scenario where Nepenthe's expressing chagrin skimming through a news story, "These 7 white kids who participated in a gang murder are being tried as adults.  Awful.  What is this country coming to?"

She’d only say that because she’d be irritated that they would be facing trial and not immediate punishment and/or execution.

Another black mod perfectly cool with using a black senior citizen’s murder by black teenagers to orate on how those teenagers face struggles in YT’s world.

So, in short, always YT’s fault.

Propagandhim

« Reply #24564 on: July 13, 2022, 12:10:57 PM »
I always get a kick out of the window Nepenthe sees out of - how she and her enablers can see it way more opaque than the one the underachieving white trailer trash that blames the Jews for controlling the world is.  It's the same window.   I can't imagine living with this mentality for more than a minute.  What an endless torture.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #24565 on: July 13, 2022, 12:15:20 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/7-teens-in-philadelphia-assault-elderly-man-on-camera-victim-dies-following-day.605511/page-9#post-89923584
I'm glad the thread slightly shifted with more reasonable takes...

it's always disheartening when even a place like era go all bloodthirsty vengeance mode as soon as there's a crime, even when it involve kids

rehabilitation works, trying kid as adults is fucked, period
BS, if it was a yt you wouldn't type that out.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #24566 on: July 13, 2022, 12:20:06 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Yea, Nepenthe really hates 'shock threads' that are posted just to get people mad, reinforce their preconceptions and then trot out a soundbite barely related to the actual events.

Also Nepenthe:
I don't know why after everything y'all have seen of police since BLM really started to bring these abuses to the forefront that people are still shocked about "how this could happen?"

Like, how long are you gonna be paralyzed with offense and actually start working towards solutions that address community security in ways that don't involve jack-booted racists burning children to death?

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #24567 on: July 13, 2022, 12:37:40 PM »
It really blows my mind how they have more understanding for a kid committing murder than for some teen posting stupid shit on their social media.

What a terrible situation. I doubt these kids set out to kill that man. The "weapon" being a traffic cone takes me back to some of the dumb shit I did with friends when I was young, specifically with traffic cones. They're kinda silly. We used to put them on our heads and run into each other, or throw them at stuff (never people). A couple of the kids probably thought it would be hilarious to throw it at people and watch the reactions, unfortunately not thinking about the worst that could happen... because they're dumb ass kids

"We all did some stupid things with traffic cones. Some put them on their head, others beat elderly men with them. It's all the same really"

Averon

« Reply #24568 on: July 13, 2022, 01:44:11 PM »
Pretty amazing (disgusting?) how they twisted a story about some kids bashing a defenseless 73 year old man's head in with a traffic cone--repeatedly--to not be about that but instead about systemic racism and how "blood thirsty" and morally deficient people are for wanting those kids to face harsh penalties for what they did. They went harder on the "yts" not watching Ms Marvel than they are with these kids.

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #24569 on: July 13, 2022, 01:58:47 PM »
Oi Oi

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #24570 on: July 13, 2022, 02:15:18 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/bayonetta-3-will-feature-a-naive-angel-mode-an-optional-feature-that-will-reduce-risqu%C3%A9-scenes.607101/#post-89924214
Planetsmasher
Not sure naming the mode as a joke making fun of the people who use it is a good idea, nor do I think an optional mode is going to fix the absolute litany of gross objectification that effectively defines Bayonetta as a franchise, but...it's a step in the right direction, I guess.
:iface

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #24571 on: July 13, 2022, 02:37:14 PM »
Why are people so fucking soft now :tocry
(ice)

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #24572 on: July 13, 2022, 02:45:56 PM »
It's kinda weird to introduce the first game to the friends in my game club and get a whole lot of positivity from the women (who, to be fair, are bi and unashamedly horny on main) and then see comments about how Bayo has always been trash and should never have done the horny to begin with.

And I know, that fucking "but my friends say" bullshit is eye-rolling and to be clear, I'm not saying Bayo doesn't have problems. And I'm a dude so my opinion doesn't mean shit anyway. But just like, maybe in some universe where women aren't treated like objects in 99% of all games there's room for a female hero who owns it. I dunno. From my limited perspective this seems like a good compromise.
It's almost like not all women are the same
https://www.resetera.com/threads/bayonetta-3-will-feature-a-naive-angel-mode-an-optional-feature-that-will-reduce-risqu%C3%A9-scenes.607101/post-89936274

Isn't it funny how that response is only ever allowed when it's about women enjoying a sexualized character?  :thinking

Meanwhile the guy who made that harmless comment crumbles like a worm

That was kind of my point but I also recognize I am on incredibly shaky ground and I can't really say anything of worth so I apologize

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #24573 on: July 13, 2022, 02:50:16 PM »
Why are people so fucking soft now :tocry
Having a choice is better than just outright censorship. :idont
🤴

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #24574 on: July 13, 2022, 02:53:20 PM »
Good option for younger kids.
Blood and decapitations are fine though lol

:delicious

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #24575 on: July 13, 2022, 02:54:28 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/in-this-thread-we-dont-ask-if-we-are-the-asshole-we-just-admit-it.606549/#post-89850927

Quote from: JasonMCG
My GF and I had a weekend long competition to see who could get more matches on Bumble (read: not swiping, only matches). The highest number won. I still haven't removed my profile because I'm addicted to watching the number rise ☹️

:hmm
OBE

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #24576 on: July 13, 2022, 02:55:24 PM »
Nier Automata would be a lot better game with something like this. Imagine focusing in the game itself and not on that upskirt all the time?
if you're focusing on the upskirt all the time in Nier Automata then idk what to tell you
If you had that much trouble getting over the upskirt maybe just get a quick nut off before booting the game up?

Mesoian
I mean, the camera is shoved up 2bs ass for A LOT of that game.
Wait what? Now I'm actually confused. I can't think of moments the game forces the camera into an upskirt outside of some of the ladders. That's hardly "a lot" of the game.
Mesoian
The cutscenes alone are gratuitous. Then factor in any time you're running straight on the over world and the camera slowly, casually, dips to waist height to show off the thigh gap. It happens ALL THE TIME. It's literally built into the camera behavior. The only time it doesn't happen naturally is when the game forces prospective to the side it overhead.
Seems like something you’d only notice if you have deeply ingrained horny brain

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #24577 on: July 13, 2022, 03:01:26 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/in-this-thread-we-dont-ask-if-we-are-the-asshole-we-just-admit-it.606549/#post-89866113
I openly mock people who watch cartoons in their adulthood.
As in people watching Steven Universe and Adventure Time and shit, or all animation including for adults in general?
:maf

https://www.resetera.com/threads/in-this-thread-we-dont-ask-if-we-are-the-asshole-we-just-admit-it.606549/#post-89880024
hydrophilic attack
i met a very attractive, but older (probably 15 years older than me) lady while out walking on sunday. she approached me and kind of threw herself at me, but i didn't want to meet anyone that day. i just wanted to go home and play video games lol. felt kind of bad for turning down her advances like that. i couldn't even come up with an excuse. just "i need to go home". she seemed nice.
You have 18.000 posts on this forum. Maybe it was a dream?

Snoopycat_

« Reply #24578 on: July 13, 2022, 03:11:04 PM »
I’ve been considering getting a hair system installed.

I did it. It was worth it. And if you have a professional who knows what they’re doing, no, you can’t tell.

I have swam with it; no problems as long as it’s maintained well,

https://www.resetera.com/threads/considering-a-hair-system.607173/

Propagandhim

« Reply #24579 on: July 13, 2022, 03:11:17 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/in-this-thread-we-dont-ask-if-we-are-the-asshole-we-just-admit-it.606549/#post-89866113
I openly mock people who watch cartoons in their adulthood.
As in people watching Steven Universe and Adventure Time and shit, or all animation including for adults in general?
:maf

https://www.resetera.com/threads/in-this-thread-we-dont-ask-if-we-are-the-asshole-we-just-admit-it.606549/#post-89880024
hydrophilic attack
i met a very attractive, but older (probably 15 years older than me) lady while out walking on sunday. she approached me and kind of threw herself at me, but i didn't want to meet anyone that day. i just wanted to go home and play video games lol. felt kind of bad for turning down her advances like that. i couldn't even come up with an excuse. just "i need to go home". she seemed nice.
You have 18.000 posts on this forum. Maybe it was a dream?

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #24580 on: July 13, 2022, 03:25:45 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/bayonetta-3-will-feature-a-naive-angel-mode-an-optional-feature-that-will-reduce-risqué-scenes.607101/page-8#post-89944677

Quote from: Xenoboy, post: 89927430, member: 8314
Resetera mode

Quote from: Mafro, post: 89938617, member: 2246
First game to have an Era mode?

Quote from: TheEchosOfTheCyborg, post: 89944677, member: 40323
So is using Era like this now just code word for "SJW"/"Woke" now? Because this is the tone and attitude I've seen it being used the past while through several threads.

:social :shaking :social2
Margs

Polident Hive

« Reply #24581 on: July 13, 2022, 03:33:57 PM »
Nier Automata would be a lot better game with something like this. Imagine focusing in the game itself and not on that upskirt all the time?
if you're focusing on the upskirt all the time in Nier Automata then idk what to tell you
If you had that much trouble getting over the upskirt maybe just get a quick nut off before booting the game up?

Mesoian
I mean, the camera is shoved up 2bs ass for A LOT of that game.
Wait what? Now I'm actually confused. I can't think of moments the game forces the camera into an upskirt outside of some of the ladders. That's hardly "a lot" of the game.
Mesoian
The cutscenes alone are gratuitous. Then factor in any time you're running straight on the over world and the camera slowly, casually, dips to waist height to show off the thigh gap. It happens ALL THE TIME. It's literally built into the camera behavior. The only time it doesn't happen naturally is when the game forces prospective to the side it overhead.
Seems like something you’d only notice if you have deeply ingrained horny brain

Nier Automata has an achievement for trying to look up 2B’s skirt. Meant to embarrass the player for trying to get a glimpse. The achievement title alludes to the player being a pervert. So, yeah.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #24582 on: July 13, 2022, 03:38:38 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/bayonetta-3-will-feature-a-naive-angel-mode-an-optional-feature-that-will-reduce-risqué-scenes.607101/page-8#post-89944677

Resetera mode

So is using Era like this now just code word for "SJW"/"Woke" now? Because this is the tone and attitude I've seen it being used the past while through several threads.

You're fooling yourself if you think Resetera is the only one that has a problem with Bayonetta's bs
But ResetEra is the only one with the problem, see Why Women Criticize Designs thread

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #24583 on: July 13, 2022, 03:57:16 PM »
It's kinda weird to introduce the first game to the friends in my game club and get a whole lot of positivity from the women (who, to be fair, are bi and unashamedly horny on main) and then see comments about how Bayo has always been trash and should never have done the horny to begin with.

And I know, that fucking "but my friends say" bullshit is eye-rolling and to be clear, I'm not saying Bayo doesn't have problems. And I'm a dude so my opinion doesn't mean shit anyway. But just like, maybe in some universe where women aren't treated like objects in 99% of all games there's room for a female hero who owns it. I dunno. From my limited perspective this seems like a good compromise.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/bayonetta-3-will-feature-a-naive-angel-mode-an-optional-feature-that-will-reduce-risqu%C3%A9-scenes.607101/post-89936274

Isn't it funny how that response is only ever allowed when it's about women enjoying a sexualized character?  :thinking

Meanwhile the guy who made that harmless comment crumbles like a worm

That was kind of my point but I also recognize I am on incredibly shaky ground and I can't really say anything of worth so I apologize
Imagine being conditioned to hate yourself that much just because you're a man...
Spud

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #24584 on: July 13, 2022, 04:06:26 PM »
And if you had your way, all creatives would abide by them. They would dictate what everyone else in the world gets to experience. And I should be fine with that and keep my mouth shut.
Wow... We're really doing the "Keep the Feminists away from my video games and shut up about criticism of sexualisation in video games"?

And I'm really not liking seeing trans women being used as a defence for people liking Bayonetta. I'm a trans woman and don't like Bayonetta nor the mentality that because a fictional woman "Owns it". There is a very big difference between real women owning their sexuality in their work and personal lives and fictional women because by definition, they don't have freewill and only act and dress in the way they are written, directed and designed to be and I'm sorry but I'm sicking of cheesecake and objectification being justified by Directors who have a history of treating women in their not well and having a Boys club mentality both from Japanese and Western side (looking at you Bioware, Activision and Ubisoft) of the market. I'm sick of being told what I should find in empowering by a bunch of men in the gaming community who'll then throw me under the bus (and have) the moment I criticize Cammy or Juri's objectification in Street Fighter and tell me shut up and "Stop ruining people's fun!" because they think I might take away their porn.

:what
This is the best critique so far. People do not understand that a real women with bodily autonomy choosing how they dress or act is different than a fictional women being created to dress or act a certain way by other people, usually men. How can the latter be empowering and sex positive? Makes little sense.

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #24585 on: July 13, 2022, 04:11:52 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/does-anyone-else-feel-like-posting-on-era-is-like-posting-into-a-void.606567/page-8#post-89916726

Quote from: Kyuuji
I'd need to refresh as it's been awhile but I thought there was decent research around the psychology of a like button and the concept of likes as a means of gauging popularity. To the extent that it would be distinct from just not having received a reply.

The only forum I've used with it implemented is a much (much) smaller forum where most people who post there know each other.

:o Which one of you is Kyuuji?
OBE

Propagandhim

« Reply #24586 on: July 13, 2022, 04:20:57 PM »
Can anyone open pubmed and tell me the latest 'like button' research before we go ahead and make any adult decisions about how scared we are to post our opinions and feelings on a discussion forum?  ty ty

BadAss2961

« Reply #24587 on: July 13, 2022, 04:21:39 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

https://www.resetera.com/threads/7-teens-in-philadelphia-assault-elderly-man-on-camera-victim-dies-following-day.605511/post-89709510

User Banned (3 Months): Racist dogwhistling

Fucking animals
https://www.resetera.com/threads/7-teens-in-philadelphia-assault-elderly-man-on-camera-victim-dies-following-day.605511/post-89736750

User Banned (3 Months): Racist dogwhistling, previous ban for racist stereotyping

I find it difficult to believe that anyone, even this young, that is capable of doing something like this could be rehabilitated.

I think I remember a similar kind of case recently here in the UK where an elderly man was beaten/left for dead in the street. It's just inconceivable, I cannot even begin to get in to the headspace of these animals.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/7-teens-in-philadelphia-assault-elderly-man-on-camera-victim-dies-following-day.605511/post-89740161

Animals.

Nep actually went back and put in the work. lol

Just up and decided to hand out 3 month bans days after the fact.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #24588 on: July 13, 2022, 04:22:04 PM »
Apparently calling black people as animals for enjoying killing is racist at ResetEra.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/7-teens-in-philadelphia-assault-elderly-man-on-camera-victim-dies-following-day.605511/page-2#post-89740161
Animals.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/7-teens-in-philadelphia-assault-elderly-man-on-camera-victim-dies-following-day.605511/page-2#post-89736750
User Banned (3 Months): Racist dogwhistling, previous ban for racist stereotyping
I find it difficult to believe that anyone, even this young, that is capable of doing something like this could be rehabilitated.

I think I remember a similar kind of case recently here in the UK where an elderly man was beaten/left for dead in the street. It's just inconceivable, I cannot even begin to get in to the headspace of these animals.
Been banned for racist, why not permban

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #24589 on: July 13, 2022, 04:47:09 PM »
NepNep
https://www.resetera.com/threads/7-teens-in-philadelphia-assault-elderly-man-on-camera-victim-dies-following-day.605511/page-10#post-89936685
There is no answer in this particular instance because we cannot change the system before these kids are prosecuted (and yes, they need to be prosecuted).

But ultimately the need to even change the system in the first place is because liberals and conservatives alike have worked in tandem since abolition to ensure that our prison system is as brutal and unrelenting as possible, because ultimately both groups are scared to death of Black people. You see it on here every time a Black person or celebrity steps out of line; the fight-or-flight kicks into high gear.

The kids who will be prosecuted are likely fucked, if not in prison then when they get out. And Era gets to go on thinking they're good people, champions of anti-bigotry even! They don't vote Republican after all! The political culture here is an actual fucking joke if you are a Black person here who is remotely aware of the way the systems at play are working.

“The attorney tells CBS3 the girl just turned 14 in April and said she is not a danger to the community.”

Ummm sure.
She's 14 she's not. She does what every group of kids has done. Cause chaos.
Killing elders is apparently causing chaos, not making one a danger to society.
Does chaos mean willfully kill an elderly man? Because the vast majority of kids in groups or alone don’t do that. She is a danger to her community. She already proved that.
14-year-olds get carried away. They beat him and he succumbed to his injuries. I live in Philly. I have seen it all in my city. We had frequent flash mobs 10 years ago. folks randomly punching people in the face and running. jumping folks. It's bad. But this is what kids do. This is chaos. Surely they didn't mean to kill him and yes their actions played a huge factor in his death. But to call them animals and change them into adults and not rehabilitation having them in juvie furthers the school to prison pipeline and fails children, especially Black children.
Murder is just chaos now
I hope she's tried as a child but let's not downplay what she did. Attacking a stranger for no reason is not normal. Killing them is even less so. She is, of course, a danger to her community.
I was not downplaying what any of the kids did. It was chaos. It was brutal and senseless. I'm not going to join the mob and say try her as a kid and dehumanize them. There should be repercussions but putting them in Prison isn't it.
“They got carried away” probably isn’t a defense that’s going to work for them. They were giddy during the attack, and footage shows them equally giddy after they saw what they had done. That is not normal behavior for children.
I don't want her triedas an adult either. What she did though is not normal for what most kids do. The overwhelming majority of groups of kids don't engage in this type of chaos, so let's not normalize it as if unprovoked murder is a common thing that kids do. It's absolutely not.

Propagandhim

« Reply #24590 on: July 13, 2022, 04:56:25 PM »
Quote from: nepenthe
There is no answer in this particular instance because we cannot change the system before these kids are prosecuted (and yes, they need to be prosecuted).

But ultimately the need to even change the system in the first place is because liberals and conservatives alike have worked in tandem since abolition to ensure that our prison system is as brutal and unrelenting as possible, because ultimately both groups are scared to death of Black people. You see it on here every time a Black person or celebrity steps out of line; the fight-or-flight kicks into high gear.

The kids who will be prosecuted are likely fucked, if not in prison then when they get out. And Era gets to go on thinking they're good people, champions of anti-bigotry even! They don't vote Republican after all! The political culture here is an actual fucking joke if you are a Black person here who is remotely aware of the way the systems at play are working.

Brutally murdering an old man = stepping out of line. 

Propagandhim

« Reply #24591 on: July 13, 2022, 05:06:01 PM »
What if the circumstance of these kids going to prison is actually a boon from the black community there - the majority of which are peaceful, law-abiding citizens that want to live in a safe place and not worry about their elderly being murdered walking the streets at night?  What if they don't share your concerns from your cozy whitebread, crackerville community, Nepenthe?  Maybe stick to furry conventions for kinship values, I don't think you're on the same wavelength as these people.

who the fuck am i talking to?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 05:10:13 PM by Propagandhim »

Boredfrom

« Reply #24592 on: July 13, 2022, 05:35:47 PM »
Quote from: Kraken
.  Of course. Hence no one is saying let them go, but debating on

1)Rehabilitation
2)”Tough on crime” just builds meaner stronger versions of the attackers here

We cannot deny this keeps on happening within very particular circumstances. Most people in poverty just go about their day just, well suffering and harming no one. But any stat shows you an extremely abnormal spike in things like sexual assault, murders, mental health issues, etc. There’s this idea of the noble poor, where by golly gee I am just a self actualized ten year old who will bootstrap myself to study Bio-chem in between ass whippings that conservatives sell, and its just not the case. The vast majority are trying to survive, but we cannot deny many fall through the cracks with the primary indicator being socioeconomic conditions

I dunno why they keep repeating that “society and poverty” is the justification when most also admitting most people don’t murder old folk when they are teenagers.

Yes, socioeconomic issues are the cause overall of this kind of stuff, but arguing that rehabilitating someone is an end for all.

In any case, I bet most people there wouldn’t want them to be judged as adults but Nephente and BCT immediately acting hyper defensive and calling everyone racist are probably annoying anyone sympathetic.

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #24593 on: July 13, 2022, 05:39:17 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/tim-heidecker-has-no-time-for-dave-chappelle-a-%E2%80%98leader-in-the-anti-trans-movement%E2%80%99.607263/page-2#post-89948289

Quote from: Zombine
Tim has far more Hollywood pull than Dave. Sure, Comedy Central and Netflix set him up for life, but if this dude comes out of the woodwork to shit on you it’s probably time to listen. He’s a name you don’t piss off.
OBE

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #24594 on: July 13, 2022, 05:55:02 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/thor-love-and-thunder-reviews.604104/page-24#post-89816529

Quote from: Alexandros
I think Era's opinion generally lines up with the reviews. Let's not forget that, while the film may be somewhat more polarizing than most MCU films, it was still recommended by 68% of critics and 81% of the audience. The vast majority still enjoyed it.
OBE

Boredfrom

« Reply #24595 on: July 13, 2022, 05:57:27 PM »
I feel Tim has more potential bridges to burn than Chappelle. Chappelle is not exactly Sam Hyde.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #24596 on: July 13, 2022, 06:09:24 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/does-anyone-else-feel-like-posting-on-era-is-like-posting-into-a-void.606567/page-8#post-89916726

Quote from: Kyuuji
I'd need to refresh as it's been awhile but I thought there was decent research around the psychology of a like button and the concept of likes as a means of gauging popularity. To the extent that it would be distinct from just not having received a reply.

The only forum I've used with it implemented is a much (much) smaller forum where most people who post there know each other.

:o Which one of you is Kyuuji?

Margs

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #24597 on: July 13, 2022, 06:27:31 PM »
This is the best critique so far. People do not understand that a real women with bodily autonomy choosing how they dress or act is different than a fictional women being created to dress or act a certain way by other people, usually men. How can the latter be empowering and sex positive? Makes little sense.

Because you can represent those real women in a videogame? Like how is this hard to understand? We constantly represent types of people that exist in real life in fiction. That's what the whole call for representation is about you dumb dumb

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #24598 on: July 13, 2022, 06:32:42 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/7-teens-in-philadelphia-assault-elderly-man-on-camera-victim-dies-following-day.605511/page-10#post-89936685
14-year-olds get carried away. They beat him and he succumbed to his injuries. I live in Philly. I have seen it all in my city. We had frequent flash mobs 10 years ago. folks randomly punching people in the face and running. jumping folks. It's bad. But this is what kids do. This is chaos. Surely they didn't mean to kill him and yes their actions played a huge factor in his death. But to call them animals and change them into adults and not rehabilitation having them in juvie furthers the school to prison pipeline and fails children, especially Black children.

:mindblown

How can someone even write this with a straight face. Their actions were the only factor that caused his death

ShutUp

« Reply #24599 on: July 13, 2022, 06:34:48 PM »

Resetera mode

You're fooling yourself if you think Resetera is the only one that has a problem with Bayonetta's bs
But ResetEra is the only one with the problem, see Why Women Criticize Designs thread

The crying in that thread after #FreeTheFuckingNipple the other day. Back to puritan shit here over pixels once again.