Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 2201022 times)

Vertigo

Re: Other Forums Containment Thread
« Reply #46140 on: March 30, 2023, 10:35:55 PM »
This whole thread is full of Sony crazies realising they’ve spent the equivalent price of a new console on a VR peripheral that may not be supported as much as they hoped   :lol

https://www.resetera.com/threads/bloomberg-sony-psvr2-headset-off-to-slow-start-“price-cut-may-be-needed-to-avoid-complete-disaster”.703069/page-22

These lames still telling anyone who’ll listen VR is the future and GT7 is a killer app

Not on a closed ecosystem with a serious lack of quality software its not.

Greatness Gone

« Reply #46141 on: March 30, 2023, 11:09:34 PM »
How will Ree cope with the fact that Vita has more tailor made first party exclusives than PSVR2 ever will  :-\

FUME5

« Reply #46142 on: March 30, 2023, 11:10:59 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/predatory-dinosaurs-such-as-t-rex-sported-lizard-like-lips-rather-than-exposed-teeth-study-suggests.703321/page-2#post-103447813

Quote from: oofouchugh
So you're saying there is a chance we could clone a dinosaur and get a dino blowjob right

:what

https://www.resetera.com/threads/predatory-dinosaurs-such-as-t-rex-sported-lizard-like-lips-rather-than-exposed-teeth-study-suggests.703321/post-103449385

Oh look another thread about scientific facts about dinosaurs that devolves into toxic masculinity. Whether the posters that are doing it as a joke or not is irrelevant.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #46143 on: March 30, 2023, 11:28:27 PM »
Would it be relevant if he legitimately wanted a blowjob from a dinosaur?

Polident Hive

« Reply #46144 on: March 31, 2023, 12:51:55 AM »
if I wanted a blowjob from a dinosaur, I’d ask my wife :rodney

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me

Boredfrom

« Reply #46146 on: March 31, 2023, 02:03:49 AM »
He is so aggressively stupid.

Daffy Duck

« Reply #46147 on: March 31, 2023, 02:48:11 AM »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/breaking-gwyneth-paltrow-has-won-her-ski-crash-trial.703411/page-2

We got a bit of everything in here, normal people, anti famous loons along with misogyny no doubt.

Then why are you acting like there is a Gwyneth Paltrow fan club? She sucks! She should have won this case though.

We gotta try to not to invent reasons to be mad or frustrated. Or assume the worst in each others intent. Worlds shitty enough as it is. Don’t need to make more stress for ourselves ya know?

This one should be posted in every thread

Era condensed into one simple post
The initial report I read was that the plaintiff accused her of striking him from behind - I thought that was that. Even the monetary demand of $300000 seemed reasonable to me - I had no reason to suspect otherwise.

Also I don’t like her. This is true. I’d like that to be archived in the annals of the internet.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2023, 02:53:10 AM by Daffy Duck »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #46148 on: March 31, 2023, 02:52:23 AM »
This whole thread is full of Sony crazies realising they’ve spent the equivalent price of a new console on a VR peripheral that may not be supported as much as they hoped   :lol

https://www.resetera.com/threads/bloomberg-sony-psvr2-headset-off-to-slow-start-“price-cut-may-be-needed-to-avoid-complete-disaster”.703069/page-22

These lames still telling anyone who’ll listen VR is the future and GT7 is a killer app

The VR market is small and all facebook and Sony are doing is segmenting a further. If you have a VR headset you just want to play VR games instead of checking if a game runs on Index, Meta Quest, Quest 2, Rift S, PSVR or PSVR2.
🤴

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #46149 on: March 31, 2023, 03:43:40 AM »

The VR market is small and all facebook and Sony are doing is segmenting a further. If you have a VR headset you just want to play VR games instead of checking if a game runs on Index, Meta Quest, Quest 2, Rift S, PSVR or PSVR2.
Introducing proprietary media formats has always been Sony's playbook.

Betacam, BluRay, Mini Disc, Memory Stick, ATRAC audio compression.

Every time.

Fuck Sony and their anti-consumer bullshit.
Spud

NekoFever

« Reply #46150 on: March 31, 2023, 04:01:34 AM »
They tried to do it with DVD as well. The SD disc format didn’t involve them so they set up the rival MMCD, and only backed down and got behind the unified DVD standard when a bunch of computer companies said they wouldn’t support two formats.

You know you’re fucking up when you get mid-90s Microsoft and Apple on the same page.

It was like being in bizarro world circa the PS3 generation when Sony was getting praise for supporting open standards.

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #46151 on: March 31, 2023, 05:21:10 AM »
In this thread you can see how posting weird juvenilsed fetish art of an adult woman being turned into a cartoon mouse is a ok just as long as you're in with the mods
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ashley-graham-seems-to-have-developed-quite-the-fanart-following.703081/page-3#post-103459450

heck they'll even give you a nice edit if you cross the line

just dont comment on the new cammy or ada

the worst part is the hypocrisy
« Last Edit: March 31, 2023, 05:28:07 AM by remy »

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #46152 on: March 31, 2023, 05:27:59 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resident-evil-4-ot-back-in-the-saddler.700387/page-115#post-103352116

Quote from: alpha, post: 103351810, member: 2593
Dear lord Ashley is precious in this. They wanted to make her an Ellie and they 100% fucking succeeded. I don't even know why they needed a machine to get rid of the plagas when then smile she gave after saving Leon would cure anything.

:quark :what

Quote from: alpha, post: 103360324, member: 2593
Finished my first playthrough (was set to Hardcore), what a fantastic game.  I was of the mind that RE4 didn't need a remake and I'm so, so glad they did it anyway.

The remake versions of Leon, Ashley, and Luis are leaps and bounds better than the originals IMO, and as someone above said this is taking into account OG Leon's iconic status.  Going to do Assisted to grab the Clockwork Castellans I missed, then I'll probably try Professional.  Going jacketed Leon to finally right the wrong that the OG never fixed.

And I had to set Ashley's sweet, precious smile as my new avatar haha.  New Ashley is too good for this world.

Simps :dead

He’s still going

Quote from: alpha, post: 103409260, member: 2593
Ashley is a treasure in human or mouse form.

Margs

Snoopycat_

« Reply #46153 on: March 31, 2023, 05:56:30 AM »
There's nothing funnier than a full on pony buttrage thread  -

Lmfao console fanboys are so pathetic.

I never do this, but I'm gonna go ahead and use the word "cringe" to describe this. One bad PC port and he wants to have a PC/console war? Get a life.

but it isn't funny. It's infantile.

Im surprised so many of you dont get why the Miller tweet comes of as spiteful even if the intention wasnt there. Tbh I dont even know what the intention was cause holy shit does that look bad no matter the context, but yall keep repeating the tired line of "its just a joke bro"

imagine being angry at the videos by greg miller. imagine that.

Imagine being an adult who finds that funny

you seem bothered

I'm not bothered it's just pathetic lol

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-last-of-us-many-pc-glitches-are-being-turned-into-memes-eurogamer.703135/page-6

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #46154 on: March 31, 2023, 07:23:14 AM »

« Reply #46155 on: March 31, 2023, 07:35:31 AM »
trans women only

Snoopycat_

« Reply #46156 on: March 31, 2023, 07:44:11 AM »
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say there are less than 100 F to M trans in the whole of Poland and none of them are game devs.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Hairy hags don't count
[close]

Daffy Duck

« Reply #46157 on: March 31, 2023, 08:13:47 AM »
How long before they’re in there shitting up the thread? I see one person already but the gang can’t be far behind
« Last Edit: March 31, 2023, 08:21:12 AM by Daffy Duck »

NekoFever

« Reply #46158 on: March 31, 2023, 08:36:22 AM »
They're making a jab due to CDPR's known transphobia.

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #46159 on: March 31, 2023, 09:06:58 AM »
Also for trans people? If CDPR even lets trans folk work there.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/cd-projekt-red-is-offering-menstrual-leave-for-its-employees.703544/post-103470326

:picard

Uh-oh.

If your biological sex is female, and your transition is to another, I don't see why you shouldn't take advantage of this corporate benefit.

Herewego.gif

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #46160 on: March 31, 2023, 09:22:23 AM »
Well, they are right. It's menstruation leave. Not women leave.

Although that opens up the box (hehe) of having to prove you are menstruating.

Uh oh

Daffy Duck

« Reply #46161 on: March 31, 2023, 09:53:21 AM »
Neat but there's still the transphobia so

https://www.resetera.com/threads/cd-projekt-red-is-offering-menstrual-leave-for-its-employees.703544/page-2#post-103475324

That's good, let's see how it holds up next time some huge project is behind schedule though.

Ahh yes, I’m sure era can send of an email asking CDPR to confirm that female employees are off when on their period

paprikastaude

« Reply #46162 on: March 31, 2023, 10:05:50 AM »
The fact that this is even considered major gaming news these days.  :wut

"Koei Tecmo employees to receive higher pension and longer breaks"

« Last Edit: March 31, 2023, 10:10:31 AM by paprikastaude »

BIONIC

« Reply #46163 on: March 31, 2023, 10:36:17 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/if-you-dont-want-trans-people-to-die.702811/page-4#post-103476635

Quote from: IceCrashRadio, post: 103476635, member: 21411
I need to see more cis people in here, I'm calling out the allies you making your calls today? You don't get to go silent on trans visibility day.

Edit: friend I'm going to ask for my era account to be deleted. Keep up the fight I'm going to focus on my own projects where I feel I can make a real difference.

Margs

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #46164 on: March 31, 2023, 10:39:03 AM »
emotional blackmail is totally the way to get people on side and to like you and to totally not think you're a complete cunt, maybe try suicide baiting next too :science
(ice)

« Reply #46165 on: March 31, 2023, 10:50:48 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/if-you-dont-want-trans-people-to-die.702811/page-4#post-103476635

I need to see more cis people in here, I'm calling out the allies you making your calls today? You don't get to go silent on trans visibility day.

Edit: friend I'm going to ask for my era account to be deleted. Keep up the fight I'm going to focus on my own projects where I feel I can make a real difference.

Wednesday: Makes a thread, "I personally will be posting in this thread every single day after I finished making my daily calls, and I highly encourage you do to."
Thursday: MAKE YOUR CALLS NEVER GIVE UP "I've made my daily calls. I will be posting in this thread every single day. Weather I get a voice mail, human, computer doesn't matter."
Friday: Where are the cis people?!? Deleting my account to go focus on doing things that will make a real difference.

So wait is slacktavism important or not I'm so lost

Yulwei

« Reply #46166 on: March 31, 2023, 11:01:44 AM »

:crowdlaff

"focus on my own projects" = getting ready to sink a hundred hours into FF16

:point

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #46167 on: March 31, 2023, 11:14:07 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/if-you-dont-want-trans-people-to-die.702811/page-3#post-103406242

Quote from: Jessi77
I ranted somewhere else about this earlier. There is no ideology. No TRA. There is no agenda. It's not a cause, it's not a debate.it's not a political debate. We are real humans living our real human lives trying to live them to the best of our ability which to truly be happy and free thanks to being transgender especially those of us with Dysphoria (in my case literally life disrupting and destroying my quality of life and ability to hold romantic relationships) involves living openly about who we are and in a lot of cases medically transitioning.

When I say there is no TRA, I mean most of us don't want to be activists of any sort. Most would like to go stealth not for passing sake, and even though it helps not for safety. Mostly so we can just go on with our fucking lives without being reminded we are trans twenty four hours a day and able to just be people. As I like to say me being trans is probably the least most interesting thing about me, but due to the current world it's the only thing that matters to most people to the point they see me as an object not a person. And that includes allies and people on the same political side because while they are on the side of support, they still see us as objects or a cause to support, not actual people.

So you end up in a situation where we are forced to be activists against our will, and standing up to speak for ourselves because we are the only ones who will. Of course we are angry and yell and don't care about the high road or "how we come off" because we are a community that isn't a bunch of activists but we're forced to be, speaking up for ourselves while not being listened to and forcing ourselves in is the only way to be heard and we are also scared because we are on the eighth step of the ten recognized steps of genocide. So we are screaming and yelling for our survival with no true allies with a world that at best thinks of us as a political cause and worst trash to be eliminated and we are stuck at one percent of population with not enough numbers to affect anything forced to stand up and yell anyway because it's our literal lives and no one stands with us.

So yes we are mostly not activists that are scared, tired, have been treated inhumanely and just want to live our lives in peace, so yes it's not pretty, and if you cannot handle that or thinks it drives people away you were never an allie and they never were going to be.

We need action.Donating and voting is great, but we need bodies that are willing to stand up and also risk persecution and arrest, that will speak with us (not for us) that understand we are only one percent of the population and without cis allies willing to do actual work and scream along with us loud and constantly we are fucked, because we literally will never number enough to have voting or economic power.And it has to be loud and constant and uncomfortable or nothing changes. For all the talk about peaceful protests and the right way to do things (and I am not condoning violence) nothing ever changes unless the people being protested feel super uncomfortable and their lives are disrupted I'm pretty sure lunch counter sit ins did more than 100 marches, because it actually grinded business to a halt and stopped the flow of white people money. Same principle, it needs to bring consequences back on them and often, and that can be done legally and non-violently but only if you're willing to throw out decorum and high road bullshit. If your wrestling pigs your going to get muddy.

I don't know if this post is helpful or not but the thread and IceCrashRadio 's passion made me think of all this, which has actually been on my mind a lot, especially in the last few days with everything going on and the ramping up of rhetoric against us, mixed with the fact I have hit the point in transition there is no more hiding, even boy mode hoodies are failing to hide my breasts. And it doesn't matter even if I could hide I won't, I'm out and I am never going back and I will fight for that and even if I have to die even though don't want to I'll happily give my life through all this so in the future some other trans person doesn't have to through the same shit, because I love and care about my community, both in general worldwide and my personal friends many who I met right here and more than a few I have taken the transition journey with, they are my family now, and we deserve to be seen as human and live our human lives just like anyone else and that's a hill I would literally die on.
OBE

paprikastaude

« Reply #46168 on: March 31, 2023, 11:15:32 AM »
If trans visibility day was so important, why would you want to waste it on a subforum of an increasingly irrelevant internet board  :comeon (we all know the answer)

Propagandhim

« Reply #46169 on: March 31, 2023, 11:17:44 AM »
You don't get to go silent on trans visibility day.

You don't get to sleep through this one..

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #46170 on: March 31, 2023, 11:23:13 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/if-you-dont-want-trans-people-to-die.702811/page-3#post-103408039

Quote from: Kyuuji
Anyway, isn't this the time when some of you cisgender Americans lurking this topic and reading this post are awake? I sure as shit shouldn't be, but here I am. Where's your post tho? 👀
OBE

paprikastaude

« Reply #46171 on: March 31, 2023, 11:27:39 AM »

:crowdlaff

"focus on my own projects" = getting ready to sink a hundred hours into FF16

:point

Can't wait for FF16.   :itagaki I feel no shame, because I actually own up to my laziness and don't try to paint my manchild hobby as some kind of holy war against discrimination. (Also, going by what we know, my half-assed career is still wildly more successful than whatever your average resetti has achieved. :mike )

Vertigo

« Reply #46172 on: March 31, 2023, 11:33:41 AM »
My god, they're so obnoxious why would anyone ‘cis’ enter that thread and say the wrong thing only to get banned?

You Reeeee numbskulls have created this fear of speaking about trans issues, then want to scream when people don't want to risk it.

They’ve pushed away a ton of people who had good intentions but got burned by the more terminally online and mentally ill element.

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #46173 on: March 31, 2023, 11:34:22 AM »
emotional blackmail is totally the way to get people on side and to like you and to totally not think you're a complete cunt, maybe try suicide baiting next too :science

What, again?

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #46174 on: March 31, 2023, 11:37:24 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/if-you-dont-want-trans-people-to-die.702811/page-3#post-103406242

I ranted somewhere else about this earlier. There is no ideology. No TRA. There is no agenda. It's not a cause, it's not a debate.it's not a political debate. We are real humans living our real human lives trying to live them to the best of our ability which to truly be happy and free thanks to being transgender especially those of us with Dysphoria (in my case literally life disrupting and destroying my quality of life and ability to hold romantic relationships) involves living openly about who we are and in a lot of cases medically transitioning.

When I say there is no TRA, I mean most of us don't want to be activists of any sort. Most would like to go stealth not for passing sake, and even though it helps not for safety. Mostly so we can just go on with our fucking lives without being reminded we are trans twenty four hours a day and able to just be people. As I like to say me being trans is probably the least most interesting thing about me, but due to the current world it's the only thing that matters to most people to the point they see me as an object not a person. And that includes allies and people on the same political side because while they are on the side of support, they still see us as objects or a cause to support, not actual people.

So you end up in a situation where we are forced to be activists against our will, and standing up to speak for ourselves because we are the only ones who will. Of course we are angry and yell and don't care about the high road or "how we come off" because we are a community that isn't a bunch of activists but we're forced to be, speaking up for ourselves while not being listened to and forcing ourselves in is the only way to be heard and we are also scared because we are on the eighth step of the ten recognized steps of genocide. So we are screaming and yelling for our survival with no true allies with a world that at best thinks of us as a political cause and worst trash to be eliminated and we are stuck at one percent of population with not enough numbers to affect anything forced to stand up and yell anyway because it's our literal lives and no one stands with us.

So yes we are mostly not activists that are scared, tired, have been treated inhumanely and just want to live our lives in peace, so yes it's not pretty, and if you cannot handle that or thinks it drives people away you were never an allie and they never were going to be.

We need action.Donating and voting is great, but we need bodies that are willing to stand up and also risk persecution and arrest, that will speak with us (not for us) that understand we are only one percent of the population and without cis allies willing to do actual work and scream along with us loud and constantly we are fucked, because we literally will never number enough to have voting or economic power.And it has to be loud and constant and uncomfortable or nothing changes. For all the talk about peaceful protests and the right way to do things (and I am not condoning violence) nothing ever changes unless the people being protested feel super uncomfortable and their lives are disrupted I'm pretty sure lunch counter sit ins did more than 100 marches, because it actually grinded business to a halt and stopped the flow of white people money. Same principle, it needs to bring consequences back on them and often, and that can be done legally and non-violently but only if you're willing to throw out decorum and high road bullshit. If your wrestling pigs your going to get muddy.

I don't know if this post is helpful or not but the thread and IceCrashRadio 's passion made me think of all this, which has actually been on my mind a lot, especially in the last few days with everything going on and the ramping up of rhetoric against us, mixed with the fact I have hit the point in transition there is no more hiding, even boy mode hoodies are failing to hide my breasts. And it doesn't matter even if I could hide I won't, I'm out and I am never going back and I will fight for that and even if I have to die even though don't want to I'll happily give my life through all this so in the future some other trans person doesn't have to through the same shit, because I love and care about my community, both in general worldwide and my personal friends many who I met right here and more than a few I have taken the transition journey with, they are my family now, and we deserve to be seen as human and live our human lives just like anyone else and that's a hill I would literally die on.

NekoFever

« Reply #46175 on: March 31, 2023, 11:38:04 AM »

This is not a cause but I will die for this cause.

Propagandhim

« Reply #46176 on: March 31, 2023, 12:07:53 PM »
Not on my watch this thread isn’t going on the second page on trans visibility day

:salute

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #46177 on: March 31, 2023, 12:11:09 PM »
not being an asshole but I swear trans visibility days is multiple times a year now?
(ice)

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #46178 on: March 31, 2023, 12:15:16 PM »
Neat but there's still the transphobia so

https://www.resetera.com/threads/cd-projekt-red-is-offering-menstrual-leave-for-its-employees.703544/page-2#post-103475324

That's good, let's see how it holds up next time some huge project is behind schedule though.

Ahh yes, I’m sure era can send of an email asking CDPR to confirm that female employees are off when on their period
Since Hecht helped someone doxxed the guy who was behind the CDPR Twitter you just gave him an idea.

Greatness Gone

« Reply #46179 on: March 31, 2023, 12:20:55 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/if-you-dont-want-trans-people-to-die.702811/page-3#post-103408039

Quote from: Kyuuji
Anyway, isn't this the time when some of you cisgender Americans lurking this topic and reading this post are awake? I sure as shit shouldn't be, but here I am. Where's your post tho?
>constantly call people "cisgender" in a way that evokes the same feeling as calling someone a slur
>be shocked nobody normal wants to engage with you

anyway I wonder how hyped kyuuji is for the cyberpunk dlc?

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #46180 on: March 31, 2023, 12:33:44 PM »
not being an asshole but I swear trans visibility days is multiple times a year now?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LGBT_awareness_periods

you're probably thinking of Transgender Day of Remembrance

according to that page, 89 days (including weeks and months) are internationally recognized, and 98 other days (weeks/months) are recognized in the US, meaning 51.2% of every year is set aside to recognize LGBTQIA+ causes and sacrifices 🙏
Uncle

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #46181 on: March 31, 2023, 12:35:26 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/tmz-jonathan-majors-kang-arrested-in-nyc-for-assaulting-woman-up-attorney-asserts-innocence-expects-video-proof-victim-recanting.701302/page-15#post-103222492
:cop User banned (3 days): Backseat moderation
Quote from: Emperor Totoro
Everyone throwing out accusations should be banned. I’m sick and tired of people jumping on the bandwagon without waiting for the truth to come out. They never admit they were wrong and then double down on the lie.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/jonathan-majors-lawyer-shares-texts-from-alleged-victim-in-assault-case.703222/page-6#post-103438693
:cop User Banned (1 month): Dismissive trolling in sensitive threads
Quote from: Emperor Totoro
I think everyone is reading these texts in whatever opinion they’ve already made and finding what they want to see.
OBE

BIONIC

« Reply #46182 on: March 31, 2023, 12:42:18 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/gematsu-dragon-quest-series-chief-producer-ryutaro-ichimura-leaves-square-enix.703601/#post-103479455

Quote from: delete12345, post: 103478621, member: 33524
I'm hoping that Dragon Quest can change up its formula once a new chief producer is selected. Something dramatically profound in the next series.

Quote from: Foot, post: 103478669, member: 54648
Maybe something more…mature 🤔

Quote from: Mivey, post: 103479362, member: 1436
So the option for "puff puff", but with actual full frontal nudity instead of the usual running gag?

Quote from: Yeona, post: 103479455, member: 90299
Please no.

Just open up a tab and watch some porn instead. No reason to ostracize everybody else.

:social :shaking

Because he was obviously being serious you fucking weirdo :lol
Margs

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #46183 on: March 31, 2023, 12:44:10 PM »
33 pages of Trump's indicated and still only 4 pages of that if you give a crap about trans thread :stahp

BIONIC

« Reply #46184 on: March 31, 2023, 12:45:37 PM »
Another very insightful post that I just remembered:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/criticizing-japanese-media-games-but-not-being-stereotypical-or-orientalists.700618/#post-103104487

Quote from: Yeona, post: 103104487, member: 90299
I like to talk a lot about this topic so I'll take the chance to put my thoughts here. Hopefully this gets some form of conversation going.

"Giant post; hiding this in spoiler so it doesn't spam people's screen."
As a fan of JRPGs, I hate hypersexualization more than most people do even just in general, especially in this medium, because it pushes me away from the thing I love. When I feel that the game I'm playing not at all made for me, it's just not fun. I know some women personally who've convinced themselves that it's fine, but I love games too much. They need to do better.

Is it wrong to present the case as like a "Japan" thing? Well, plenty of japanese people don't find that kind of thing good, or even entertaining. But as a whole, socially, the lack of the same taboos around sex have allowed the culture to perceive sexuality in a more open way. In a parallel world where Japan wasn't so conservative, I can even imagine japanese media becoming a haven for sexuality presented in a respectful and interesting manner. But coupling the sex-starved population, with a culture that generally mistreats women, you'll have a huge volume of your populace with really skewed perspectives of us. And that's not a "Japan" thing as in, it's not because they are japanese. It's a Japan thing because it's a mixture of the unfortunate circumstances that led the culture to this day.

There are similar issues with american culture too. But the thing is, just like japanese mysogynists don't just decide to get up one day and be mysogynistic, american ultranationalists don't just get up one day and decide that they're going to be jingoistic gun-toting murderers either. It's a process.

So in that sense, it's wrong to say: "Japan is horny", and "Japanese people are horny". But it is correct to say "Japan has a sexualization problem", because it literally just does -- no other educated country in the world would be OK with selling pornographic comics with literal unironic children on the cover. And even though most of that has been made illegal nowadays (to sell, anyway), it's still produced en masse, and hidden behind plausible deniability bullshit that nobody in the world believes, except when being defended by its fans.

Outside of this, there's also a lot of cognitive dissonance when you point out those cultural issues to people, and a lot of japanese creators do believe they're making a "strong female character" when they design some stupid shit like this. A lot of them don't see themselves doing it. And it's not just in Japan that this happens; it happens all over the world. It comes with being assimilated into a culture and taking tokens for granted.

For example, loads of people in America and even on this site consider themselves like the biggest allies of feminism and women's rights, and how they hate tokenism and fetishism and how objectification is wrong, but then they close the Resetera tab and go play Guilty Gear or BlazBlue or some shit, where practically every female character exists for the sole and clear purpose of looking sexy, and whose design is never made with the primary intention of creating a fun or interesting moveset, but rather eyecandy. Those same people don't understand that them doing that is fortifying the totem, is strengthening the existence of extremely harmful objectification of the female body in media, is participating in the exact same social stigma that makes so many women uncomfortable to play videogames in the first place. Push them on it enough, and you'll see their arguments slowly bend and morph into the exact same fucking arguments the people who defend pedophilic hentai use -- "it's just a drawing", "it's not hurting anybody", "why are you so sensitive about this", etc.

So, to summarize, I do think it's a gigantic problem with japanese media, and some games are slowly starting to shed that.

The Trails franchise has some really dodgy moments and some crazy designs ocasionally, but it's telling that 99% of all female characters in the stories (and the games have hundreds of fleshed-out characters) are competent, strong-willed, have a history, have motivations, are proficient at something and show agency. They're scholars, politicians, heads of organizations, CEOs, legendary warriors, strategists, professors, etc.

Final Fantasy XIV has taken some massive strides in this direction as well; almost all of the most important characters in the world are female, the heads of state and leaders of the free countries are all women, the strongest character by an extremely wide margin in the lore was a woman, and your character, being one of the strongest, can also be a woman if you so identify. And outside of personal player decision to dress their character like some weird fetish, even though the game has "cat girls" and "bunny girls", it's telling that none of them ever behave the way most people attribute to that kind of trope, not even a little. None of the characters ever refers to them by those monikers either, they're sovereign, intelligent peoples. Miqo'te exist as a referrence to mithra from FFXI, and Viera exist as a reference to the Ivalice games, but they're not treated like anime kemonomimi -- they don't meow, they don't purr, and they don't lapdance for master in a maid costume. It's the players who fetishize them.

Persona 5 got a lot of deserved criticism for some of its distasteful jokes at the expense of gay people, so it's definitely not perfect by any means. On the flipside, it uses its entire first chapter to explore the horrors of adults who fetishize young girls, and how, if they could, they'd very likely take advantage of them. It breaks this illusion by selling bikini DLC, which is so hilariously hypocritical that one can only assume that the writer had nothing to do with that -- and to be fair, they don't. But for as much shit as I give ATLUS, and for how much I can go on for days about how Persona 5 is just Persona 3 and 4 pre-chewed for far dumber/younger audiences, it still manages to tackle some incredibly serious topics about society in Japan which, until now, were largely unexplored. Topics which would get you fired for writing about, back in the early aughts, no matter how edgy your game studio was -- and believe me when I say that I mean that very literally.

These are small steps, but they are steps, and they should, when possible, be celebrated, because it positively reinforces that cultural shift. When people dismiss those attempts wholesale, it tells those same authors that our audiences don't mesh with that type of content, which is not the message we should be giving.

One thing I wholly agree with you on though is orientalism. The way people dismiss japanese games, or japanese stories as like "kooky weirdo japanese nonsense" really grinds my gears because it's orientalism to almost an extreme. You see it a lot with games like Kingdom Hearts and Metal Gear Solid and others.

Like damn maybe these stories are too "convoluted" for you because you can't even get past the most basic cultural barrier. Try shutting Netflix off and actually watch the cutscene with an open mind, and listen to the dialogue for what it is instead of imagining what it ought to be in a Disney movie, and maybe Kingdom Hearts, a game written for literal teenagers whose wikis were filled out perfectly by teenagers, won't feel so opaque to you anymore.

Anyway, sorry for the spam.
[close]

:wut
Margs

Greatness Gone

« Reply #46185 on: March 31, 2023, 12:47:28 PM »
33 pages of Trump's indicated and still only 4 pages of that if you give a crap about trans thread :stahp
Japanese developed White Supremacist game Final Fantasy 16 going gold thread at 5 pages (and growing) in just a few hours  :juicy

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #46186 on: March 31, 2023, 12:48:18 PM »
why has it gone gold but doesn't release for 3 months :stahp
(ice)

Jansen

« Reply #46187 on: March 31, 2023, 12:54:39 PM »
Another very insightful post that I just remembered:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/criticizing-japanese-media-games-but-not-being-stereotypical-or-orientalists.700618/#post-103104487

Quote from: Yeona, post: 103104487, member: 90299
I like to talk a lot about this topic so I'll take the chance to put my thoughts here. Hopefully this gets some form of conversation going.

"Giant post; hiding this in spoiler so it doesn't spam people's screen."
As a fan of JRPGs, I hate hypersexualization more than most people do even just in general, especially in this medium, because it pushes me away from the thing I love. When I feel that the game I'm playing not at all made for me, it's just not fun. I know some women personally who've convinced themselves that it's fine, but I love games too much. They need to do better.

Is it wrong to present the case as like a "Japan" thing? Well, plenty of japanese people don't find that kind of thing good, or even entertaining. But as a whole, socially, the lack of the same taboos around sex have allowed the culture to perceive sexuality in a more open way. In a parallel world where Japan wasn't so conservative, I can even imagine japanese media becoming a haven for sexuality presented in a respectful and interesting manner. But coupling the sex-starved population, with a culture that generally mistreats women, you'll have a huge volume of your populace with really skewed perspectives of us. And that's not a "Japan" thing as in, it's not because they are japanese. It's a Japan thing because it's a mixture of the unfortunate circumstances that led the culture to this day.

There are similar issues with american culture too. But the thing is, just like japanese mysogynists don't just decide to get up one day and be mysogynistic, american ultranationalists don't just get up one day and decide that they're going to be jingoistic gun-toting murderers either. It's a process.

So in that sense, it's wrong to say: "Japan is horny", and "Japanese people are horny". But it is correct to say "Japan has a sexualization problem", because it literally just does -- no other educated country in the world would be OK with selling pornographic comics with literal unironic children on the cover. And even though most of that has been made illegal nowadays (to sell, anyway), it's still produced en masse, and hidden behind plausible deniability bullshit that nobody in the world believes, except when being defended by its fans.

Outside of this, there's also a lot of cognitive dissonance when you point out those cultural issues to people, and a lot of japanese creators do believe they're making a "strong female character" when they design some stupid shit like this. A lot of them don't see themselves doing it. And it's not just in Japan that this happens; it happens all over the world. It comes with being assimilated into a culture and taking tokens for granted.

For example, loads of people in America and even on this site consider themselves like the biggest allies of feminism and women's rights, and how they hate tokenism and fetishism and how objectification is wrong, but then they close the Resetera tab and go play Guilty Gear or BlazBlue or some shit, where practically every female character exists for the sole and clear purpose of looking sexy, and whose design is never made with the primary intention of creating a fun or interesting moveset, but rather eyecandy. Those same people don't understand that them doing that is fortifying the totem, is strengthening the existence of extremely harmful objectification of the female body in media, is participating in the exact same social stigma that makes so many women uncomfortable to play videogames in the first place. Push them on it enough, and you'll see their arguments slowly bend and morph into the exact same fucking arguments the people who defend pedophilic hentai use -- "it's just a drawing", "it's not hurting anybody", "why are you so sensitive about this", etc.

So, to summarize, I do think it's a gigantic problem with japanese media, and some games are slowly starting to shed that.

The Trails franchise has some really dodgy moments and some crazy designs ocasionally, but it's telling that 99% of all female characters in the stories (and the games have hundreds of fleshed-out characters) are competent, strong-willed, have a history, have motivations, are proficient at something and show agency. They're scholars, politicians, heads of organizations, CEOs, legendary warriors, strategists, professors, etc.

Final Fantasy XIV has taken some massive strides in this direction as well; almost all of the most important characters in the world are female, the heads of state and leaders of the free countries are all women, the strongest character by an extremely wide margin in the lore was a woman, and your character, being one of the strongest, can also be a woman if you so identify. And outside of personal player decision to dress their character like some weird fetish, even though the game has "cat girls" and "bunny girls", it's telling that none of them ever behave the way most people attribute to that kind of trope, not even a little. None of the characters ever refers to them by those monikers either, they're sovereign, intelligent peoples. Miqo'te exist as a referrence to mithra from FFXI, and Viera exist as a reference to the Ivalice games, but they're not treated like anime kemonomimi -- they don't meow, they don't purr, and they don't lapdance for master in a maid costume. It's the players who fetishize them.

Persona 5 got a lot of deserved criticism for some of its distasteful jokes at the expense of gay people, so it's definitely not perfect by any means. On the flipside, it uses its entire first chapter to explore the horrors of adults who fetishize young girls, and how, if they could, they'd very likely take advantage of them. It breaks this illusion by selling bikini DLC, which is so hilariously hypocritical that one can only assume that the writer had nothing to do with that -- and to be fair, they don't. But for as much shit as I give ATLUS, and for how much I can go on for days about how Persona 5 is just Persona 3 and 4 pre-chewed for far dumber/younger audiences, it still manages to tackle some incredibly serious topics about society in Japan which, until now, were largely unexplored. Topics which would get you fired for writing about, back in the early aughts, no matter how edgy your game studio was -- and believe me when I say that I mean that very literally.

These are small steps, but they are steps, and they should, when possible, be celebrated, because it positively reinforces that cultural shift. When people dismiss those attempts wholesale, it tells those same authors that our audiences don't mesh with that type of content, which is not the message we should be giving.

One thing I wholly agree with you on though is orientalism. The way people dismiss japanese games, or japanese stories as like "kooky weirdo japanese nonsense" really grinds my gears because it's orientalism to almost an extreme. You see it a lot with games like Kingdom Hearts and Metal Gear Solid and others.

Like damn maybe these stories are too "convoluted" for you because you can't even get past the most basic cultural barrier. Try shutting Netflix off and actually watch the cutscene with an open mind, and listen to the dialogue for what it is instead of imagining what it ought to be in a Disney movie, and maybe Kingdom Hearts, a game written for literal teenagers whose wikis were filled out perfectly by teenagers, won't feel so opaque to you anymore.

Anyway, sorry for the spam.
[close]

:wut

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #46188 on: March 31, 2023, 12:56:02 PM »
(s)he is just trying find happiness in (s)his own way and isn't hurting anyone, why would you shame (s)him? :stahp
Uncle

paprikastaude

« Reply #46189 on: March 31, 2023, 01:07:00 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/gematsu-dragon-quest-series-chief-producer-ryutaro-ichimura-leaves-square-enix.703601/#post-103479455

Quote from: delete12345, post: 103478621, member: 33524
I'm hoping that Dragon Quest can change up its formula once a new chief producer is selected. Something dramatically profound in the next series.

Quote from: Foot, post: 103478669, member: 54648
Maybe something more…mature

Quote from: Mivey, post: 103479362, member: 1436
So the option for "puff puff", but with actual full frontal nudity instead of the usual running gag?

Quote from: Yeona, post: 103479455, member: 90299
Please no.

Just open up a tab and watch some porn instead. No reason to ostracize everybody else.

:social :shaking

Because he was obviously being serious you fucking weirdo :lol

These people have such braindead discourse, they've become completely lost without emojis and "/s" marks.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #46190 on: March 31, 2023, 01:11:39 PM »
 :social :shaking :thinking :kermit
Uncle

BIONIC

« Reply #46191 on: March 31, 2023, 01:13:11 PM »
People need emojis to make their shitty and worthless musings more interesting than they actually are?

Couldn’t be me :dice
Margs

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #46192 on: March 31, 2023, 01:17:16 PM »

according to that page, 89 days (including weeks and months) are internationally recognized, and 98 other days (weeks/months) are recognized in the US, meaning 51.2% of every year is set aside to recognize LGBTQIA+ causes and sacrifices 🙏

Considering the concerns of cis-women that they feel pushed aside by trans issues, I'm not sure if it's such a great look to put trans-visibility day on the final day of women's history month. Then again, it seems like RE didn't give a shit about women's history month anyway.

BIONIC

« Reply #46193 on: March 31, 2023, 01:20:56 PM »

Considering the concerns of cis-women that they feel pushed aside by trans issues, I'm not sure if it's such a great look to put trans-visibility day on the final day of women's history month. Then again, it seems like RE didn't give a shit about women's history month anyway.

Women include yt women who I’ll let you know voted for Trump, shitlord :ufup
Margs

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #46194 on: March 31, 2023, 01:24:39 PM »
Why aren't they talking about real horrible things, like E3 being cancelled.

Cancel culture strikes again.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #46195 on: March 31, 2023, 01:33:59 PM »
Uncle

paprikastaude

« Reply #46196 on: March 31, 2023, 01:37:32 PM »

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #46197 on: March 31, 2023, 01:48:25 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/new-york-times-grand-jury-votes-to-indict-trump.703381/page-13#post-103450933

Quote from: Stath
Hope the people that were continuing to think this wasn't happening are feeling silly right now.

The score is still something like 20-1, and he's not in prison yet. :trumps
OBE

Jansen

« Reply #46198 on: March 31, 2023, 02:00:56 PM »

Kamala Khan killed this game, it never had a chance.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/support-ends-for-marvels-avengers-with-its-last-update-it-might-actually-be-the-shot-in-the-arm-the-game-has-long-needed-delisting-9-30-23.703625/#post-103481792

Why do you keep ignoring people when they point out to you that Kamala as the protagonist was the one thing about the game that was overwhelmingly praised?

Seriously, it's a bad look when you're blaming the failure of the game on the PoC lead character with literally zero evidence to support the claim, despite a mountain of other documented reasons why the game failed.

You just keep repeating the same thing without pointing to a single shred of evidence.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/support-ends-for-marvels-avengers-with-its-last-update-it-might-actually-be-the-shot-in-the-arm-the-game-has-long-needed-delisting-9-30-23.703625/page-2#post-103484504

User says wrongthing in marvel related thread, zeovagine does what he always does

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #46199 on: March 31, 2023, 02:14:27 PM »
Why do you keep ignoring people when they point out to you that Kamala as the protagonist was the one thing about the game that was overwhelmingly praised?

by who tho

the low number of people who actually liked it? :doggy

"the one thing everyone praised about this creepy loli game were all the lolis, so it's not possible that they were the reason for its low sales"
Uncle