Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 2201767 times)

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
Re: Other Forums Containment Thread
« Reply #46260 on: April 01, 2023, 06:24:09 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/republicans-text-voter-alert-complete-with-emergency-broadcast-tones-during-tornado-watch-saying-their-second-amendment-rights-are-under-attack.703907/#post-103509221

Quote from: deimosmasque (Moderator), post: 103509221, member: 42513
As someone who owns a gun.

It's fucking disgusting how Republicans uses gun ownership to scare their base. Especially while they are trying to use the latest school shooting to erode MY rights as a trans person.

Quote from: Jessi77, post: 103517879, member: 25606
So fucking gross isn't it.

:society
Margs

Snoopycat_

« Reply #46261 on: April 01, 2023, 07:52:24 AM »
If every mention of trans was removed from their posts you'd think they were unhinged Trumpers prepping for conflict with the government.

NekoFever

« Reply #46262 on: April 01, 2023, 09:05:22 AM »
Jessi77 avoiding lengthy, unhinged, often unread posts challenge (impossible).

Jessi77 correctly using your and you’re challenge

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #46263 on: April 01, 2023, 09:08:29 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/my-name-is-mud-i-love-jerry-i-swear-that-wynona-has-a-big-brown-beaver.703940/

Unless Primus did something that I was not aware of????? For fuck sake don't tell me Claypool or someone else a shitter. Please.
No I am dead serious. Did I miss a controversy?
Era has trained me to think I just shared a band that had skinned people alive or had purposely thrown puppies in the ocean.

Guy makes a thread about his love for Primus but becomes paranoid that they've been cancelled and he isn't aware. This is the future that they want.
Oi Oi

« Reply #46264 on: April 01, 2023, 10:28:51 AM »
Era proving Jennifer Anniston right https://www.resetera.com/threads/jennifer-aniston-says-comedy-has-changed-some-today-find-‘friends’-offensive-“i-don’t-think-there-was-a-sensitivity-like-there-is-now”.704021/

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #46265 on: April 01, 2023, 10:51:26 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2023-ot-1-kevins-no-good-very-bad-day.672442/page-104#post-103512533

Quote from: hachikoma
edit: i don't know what the issue is, like maybe y'all think you get kicked out of democratic politics if you criticize the president or something? i promise you that's not true! i criticize the fuck out of him and nobody's fired me or told me to quit doing what i do. sticking up for trans people is my job and i'd suck at my job if i wasn't mad at biden! i made someone in the administration cry two weeks ago by telling them straight up it doesn't seem like they care about trans people, because it doesn't! this week they still asked me to be on some dumb fucking panel! shit is getting really bad! we are long past the point where the persecution we're experiencing should be acceptable, no matter what kind of weird don't-criticize-democrats-it-might-help-republicans game you think you have to play.

:badass

Edit:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2023-ot-1-kevins-no-good-very-bad-day.672442/page-104#post-103515977
I'm sorry, but you're simply wrong about how things work in the US. I don't know what mechanisms, if any, they could use to address child labor law rollbacks - I've literally never read those statutes or been part of that world and would never comment without getting up to speed. But I'm intimately familiar with what mechanisms they have available to deploy for trans people because I have spent years of my life working on and with them. And they are not using them, nor are they threatening to use them, or even making preparations to that end.

You do not know more about this than I do. You aren't a brilliant politics understander patiently explaining realpolitik to an unruly activist. You're making excuses for the enlightened centrist status quo team sports lens through which you've accustomed yourself to viewing modern American political struggle while families are being ripped apart right in front of you, suicidal children and the people who love them are being criminalized for seeking basic healthcare, and me and my community are being driven back into the closet by both state and vigilante violence.

Don't try to tell me I don't know anything about what the federal government could be doing for us, because I very, very much do. If you think we aren't worth the political capital to do those things, fine. Own that. But at least do us the courtesy of acknowledging that their inaction is a choice you support rather than some vaunted constraint of federalism.

I understand you like the guy. That's not great, but whatever, you aren't the only person in country whose political imagination has been diminished by propaganda pushing decorum and two-party power sharing over all else. But the narrative you're spinning to let him off the hook - and by extension yourself and your party - while this fascist cleansing is going down on his watch is lazy, selfish, and factually wrong. There is a broad spectrum of actions he could be taking ranging from pretty boring to pretty extreme. He's not pursuing any of them. That's all there is to it.

Going after PoliEra is a good way to get banned.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2023, 10:57:44 AM by Hap Shaughnessy »
OBE

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #46266 on: April 01, 2023, 10:59:12 AM »
If someone cries because you tell them they don't care about trans people, isn't that a pretty good indicator that they actually care about trans people?  :thinking

Anyway, keep on antagonizing everyone

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #46267 on: April 01, 2023, 11:38:03 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/it-era-if-im-using-a-vpn-how-much-does-my-job-see.704066/

Quote from:  ghostemoji
Just started using a VPN at home for some "getting around a certain professional baseball leagues antiquated blackout rules" reasons, and lo and behold, when I left the chrome extension running on my work PC, it turns out everything ever blocked and restricted is no longer blocked or restricted.

So my question-- how much does IT see what I am doing with a VPN enabled, and is there a giant red siren blaring on a control center monitor somewhere that someone is violating the rules? Our website filtering is pretty extreme, so if I can just access a couple of things during my work day, I'd be thrilled.
OBE

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #46268 on: April 01, 2023, 11:50:15 AM »
Bing AI isn't too bad

Resetera is a forum where you can find the latest news, gossip, reviews and opinions about video games and other topics. It's also a place where you can get banned for having a different opinion, making a joke, or breathing too loudly. Resetera is a forum where you can enjoy civil discourse as long as you agree with the majority, follow the ever-changing rules, and worship the mods. Resetera is a forum where you can have fun, learn new things, and make friends. Just kidding, it's a hellhole.

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #46269 on: April 01, 2023, 12:00:27 PM »

BIONIC

« Reply #46270 on: April 01, 2023, 12:19:07 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/nearly-10-years-ago-at-nintendos-fiscal-report-nintendo-announced-they-would-not-have-a-live-stage-conference-at-e3-2013.704090/

An anniversary thread for when a gaming company announced they wouldn’t attend a trade show? :wut

How do these fucks function in real life?  :mindblown
Margs

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #46271 on: April 01, 2023, 12:20:27 PM »

BIONIC

« Reply #46272 on: April 01, 2023, 01:02:31 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/republicans-text-voter-alert-complete-with-emergency-broadcast-tones-during-tornado-watch-saying-their-second-amendment-rights-are-under-attack.703907/#post-103509221

Quote from: deimosmasque (Moderator), post: 103509221, member: 42513
As someone who owns a gun.

It's fucking disgusting how Republicans uses gun ownership to scare their base. Especially while they are trying to use the latest school shooting to erode MY rights as a trans person.

Quote from: Jessi77, post: 103517879, member: 25606
So fucking gross isn't it.

:society

Quote from: deimosmasque, post: 103529663, member: 42513
Extremely.

They go on and on about "keep the government out of my life" and "Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness"

Never seems to apply to anyone who isn't white cishet.

I literally wouldn't be surprised if Republicans tried to introduce bills that banned trans people or people of color from owning guns and justify it by saying "The founding fathers really only meant people like them."
Margs

BIONIC

Margs

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #46274 on: April 01, 2023, 01:23:32 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ashley-graham-seems-to-have-developed-quite-the-fanart-following.703081/page-7#post-103512485

DanarchyReigns somehow gets away with openly posting a picture of mouse Ashley removing her mouse panties on resetera dot com
Uncle

paprikastaude

« Reply #46275 on: April 01, 2023, 01:27:34 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/nearly-10-years-ago-at-nintendos-fiscal-report-nintendo-announced-they-would-not-have-a-live-stage-conference-at-e3-2013.704090/

An anniversary thread for when a gaming company announced they wouldn’t attend a trade show? :wut

"Nearly" - they couldn't even wait a few more days :derp But tbf, that's pretty tame for nintendy autistics. Gamexplain exists.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #46276 on: April 01, 2023, 01:49:25 PM »

The weirdest era of Nintendo.
Iwata literally announcing 'message in a bottle' and an upgrade for the Tingle Tuner as stand out features for The Wind Waker HD and fur in Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze.
Closing up the presentation with a walkthrough of the half finished Nintendo E3 booth :dead

Imagine that a decade later this format would be the go to announcement format for all gaming companies :huh
🤴

Boredfrom

« Reply #46277 on: April 01, 2023, 03:57:23 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/keir-starmer-trans-rights-can’t-override-women’s-rights-the-times.704153/

Granting additional rights to one group of people does not diminish the rights of another group. It expands the circle of rights and promotes equality and fairness for all.

The recognition and protection of more rights benefits everyone, as it leads to a more inclusive society where people can live and thrive with dignity and respect.

:awesome

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #46278 on: April 01, 2023, 04:34:46 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/keir-starmer-trans-rights-can’t-override-women’s-rights-the-times.704153/

Granting additional rights to one group of people does not diminish the rights of another group. It expands the circle of rights and promotes equality and fairness for all.

The recognition and protection of more rights benefits everyone, as it leads to a more inclusive society where people can live and thrive with dignity and respect.

But that's kind of a problem with women exclusive spaces, isn't it? I'm not a rapist and never abused a woman but I can still understand why I'm not allowed to enter a women's shelter. It's inherently not gender equal because it needs to be that. If some of those women are then also uncomfortable to live with someone who was born male who am I to tell them they're wrong?

Same with sex segregated Sports. We already made the choice to "deny men the right to participate in women's sports" if you want to put it that way and we did that for competitive fairness. The science on how transitioning affects the performance is still not entirely clear but there are signs that would lead to caution, and decisions are made to keep the competition fair since we already "discriminate" against the male advantage of cis men.

Stuff like that doesn't have to be set in stone and maybe there are ways to figure this out that includes trans women and everyone is happy, but these are still conversations that people should at least be allowed to have

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #46279 on: April 01, 2023, 04:37:11 PM »
I'm not a rapist and never abused a woman

this is the post that will prevent office

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #46280 on: April 01, 2023, 04:46:11 PM »
granting rights to a group can absolutely diminish rights of another

if a group has a right to claim government funding due to specific needs of that group, and then a new group is allowed access to those funds, now there is less money for both of them...or, if more money is allocated to keep up, that can remove funding from other groups out there

if women have a right to feel safe and comfortable in their own spaces, and then you say those spaces have to be opened to trans women, that can trample their right to feeling comfortable, you're saying that right is less important than being more accommodating

or, you gaslight them and tell them they never had a right to feel comfortable to begin with  :doge
Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #46281 on: April 01, 2023, 04:51:58 PM »
 :wag no rights have been taken from these women, it's not a zero sum game:

https://reduxx.info/women-file-lawsuit-against-university-of-wyoming-sorority-over-admission-of-trans-identified-male-who-watches-them-undress/

As a member of Kappa Kappa Gamma, Langford is allowed to live in the KKG house, which accommodates up to 50 women. Though he currently lives outside of the sorority house, he is set to move into the residence within the year, where he would have access to the shared shower facilities.

Doors to the communal showers do not lock, and the main bathroom located on the second floor is not equipped with a private changing area, reports Cowboy State Daily.

Though Langford resides elsewhere for the time being, women allege that he frequently sits in the second-floor common area, watching the women.

Court records reveal that the young women are alleging Langford had been voyeuristically peeping on them while they were in intimate situations, and, in at least one occasion, had a visible erection while doing so.

“One sorority member walked down the hall to take a shower, wearing only a towel … She felt an unsettling presence, turned, and saw Mr. Smith watching her silently,” the court document reads.

“Mr. Smith has, while watching members enter the sorority house, had an erection visible through his leggings,” the suit says. “Other times, he has had a pillow in his lap.”

The complaint adds that Langford is “sexually interested in women” as evidenced by his Tinder profile “through which he seeks to meet women.” It is further alleged that Langford took photographs of the women while at a sorority slumber party, where he also is said to have made inappropriate comments.

“Smith repeatedly questioned the women about what vaginas look like, breast cup size, whether women were considering breast reductions and birth control,” the complaint alleges.

Langford “was supposed” to leave the slumber party by 10 p.m. that evening but did not, saying that he intended to leave after the women fell asleep. After singing to himself at approximately 11 p.m., Langford finally left the residence at midnight, only to return the next morning.

At that time, it is stated that Langford stood silently in the corner of the room while watching other pledges change out of their sleeping garments.

The lawsuit also highlighted a disturbing incident involving one of the women as she changed her clothing. Unaware that Langford had returned to the house, she faced away from the women and removed her shirt. The woman, who was not wearing a bra, turned to discover Langford staring at her after she had put on a clean shirt.

Some of the KKG members would later tell the woman that Langford had appeared sexually aroused during this incident.
It was claimed that Langford stood with “his hands over his genitals,” and has since repeatedly questioned the woman about her “romantic attachments.”

Langford was also said to have sat in the back of a sorority yoga class for an hour in December 2022 “and watched the assembled young women flex their bodies.”
Uncle

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #46282 on: April 01, 2023, 05:06:40 PM »
Quote from: Jessi77
Yeah it is, you can fuck right off. You're saying our identities are only valid if we behave the way you want.

I think some behaviors might suddenly make your identity less relevant to the conversation than your behavior
Seems NOT shooting up a school is a behaviour the trans community can't abide...
Spud

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #46283 on: April 01, 2023, 05:10:13 PM »
He got permed  :lol

When you find yourself defending murderers and rapists because they get misgendered its maybe time to pause and see how that looks to everyone else

User banned (permanent): Dismissing concerns about the legitimate rights of child murderers to not be misgendered.
Spud

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #46284 on: April 01, 2023, 05:11:47 PM »
We've got our next banned game fellas. The Cyberpunk 2077 Hogwarts Legacy Avatar wars are nearly upon us!

https://www.resetera.com/threads/avatar-frontiers-of-pandora-leaked-screenshots-and-gameplay-video-soon-leaker-dmcad-by-ubi.701767/page-5#post-103490921

As long as they treat the IP with love and it's polished, their McDonald's ass open world template will sell like gangbusters just like Hogwarts did.

:banplz
« Last Edit: April 01, 2023, 05:16:30 PM by Potato »
Spud

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #46285 on: April 01, 2023, 05:22:15 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/xbox-storage-prices-are-still-fucked.703483/page-2#post-103462036

:cop User Banned (2 Weeks): Dismissive Commentary Around Disability
Quote from: writhingcorpse897
Quote from: GameAddict411
Also the convenience argument is laughable at best.
If someone has a disability that makes it difficult to work with small screws or dealing with installing stuff like SSDs then it could go from being a minor inconvenience to becoming almost impossible to do. Then they'd have to take it to a store and have them pay to do it if they don't have a friend or family member that can do it for them.

???

Won't somebody think about all the disabled people who have alienated all of their friends and family who won't be able to change their XBox hard drives?
Spud

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #46286 on: April 01, 2023, 05:26:25 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/u-s-intelligence-foreign-rivals-didnt-cause-havana-syndrome.692284/post-102056650
Quote from: nepenthe
Yeah this economically poor, politically embattled country actual has a secret superweapon that makes only American government officials go mad.

Real, "Afghanistan people are too backwards to fly a plane," vibes here.  I mean how could a place that drives old cars possibly have advanced medical technology?
sigh

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #46287 on: April 01, 2023, 05:32:15 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2023-ot-1-kevins-no-good-very-bad-day.672442/page-104#post-103512533

shit is getting really bad! we are long past the point where the persecution we're experiencing should be acceptable, no matter what kind of weird don't-criticize-democrats-it-might-help-republicans game you think you have to play.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2023-ot-1-kevins-no-good-very-bad-day.672442/page-104#post-103515977
I understand you like the guy. That's not great, but whatever, you aren't the only person in country whose political imagination has been diminished by propaganda pushing decorum and two-party power sharing over all else. But the narrative you're spinning to let him off the hook - and by extension yourself and your party - while this fascist cleansing is going down on his watch is lazy, selfish, and factually wrong. There is a broad spectrum of actions he could be taking ranging from pretty boring to pretty extreme. He's not pursuing any of them. That's all there is to it.
I wonder why they didn't follow through this thinking to the obvious conclusion: the Biden Administration and Democrats are fascists themselves. (They are, just not in the way this lunatic means.)

benjipwns

« Reply #46288 on: April 01, 2023, 05:36:57 PM »

Check this out: this only applies to what are dismissively called "negative rights." Positive rights always diminish the rights of another because they impose duties on other people.

These rights may be established legally for various reasons, especially in circumstantial cases, but to say they cannot diminish rights of others is to presuppose the existence of no rights at all only privileges granted by the state.

ResetERA.com try to catch up to Enlightenment thinking challenge. (Impossible.)

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #46289 on: April 01, 2023, 05:39:55 PM »

https://reduxx.info/women-file-lawsuit-against-university-of-wyoming-sorority-over-admission-of-trans-identified-male-who-watches-them-undress/

As a member of Kappa Kappa Gamma, Langford is allowed to live in the KKG house, which accommodates up to 50 women. Though he currently lives outside of the sorority house, he is set to move into the residence within the year, where he would have access to the shared shower facilities.

Doors to the communal showers do not lock, and the main bathroom located on the second floor is not equipped with a private changing area, reports Cowboy State Daily.

Though Langford resides elsewhere for the time being, women allege that he frequently sits in the second-floor common area, watching the women.

(Image removed from quote.)

Court records reveal that the young women are alleging Langford had been voyeuristically peeping on them while they were in intimate situations, and, in at least one occasion, had a visible erection while doing so.

“One sorority member walked down the hall to take a shower, wearing only a towel … She felt an unsettling presence, turned, and saw Mr. Smith watching her silently,” the court document reads.

“Mr. Smith has, while watching members enter the sorority house, had an erection visible through his leggings,” the suit says. “Other times, he has had a pillow in his lap.”

The complaint adds that Langford is “sexually interested in women” as evidenced by his Tinder profile “through which he seeks to meet women.” It is further alleged that Langford took photographs of the women while at a sorority slumber party, where he also is said to have made inappropriate comments.

“Smith repeatedly questioned the women about what vaginas look like, breast cup size, whether women were considering breast reductions and birth control,” the complaint alleges.

Langford “was supposed” to leave the slumber party by 10 p.m. that evening but did not, saying that he intended to leave after the women fell asleep. After singing to himself at approximately 11 p.m., Langford finally left the residence at midnight, only to return the next morning.

At that time, it is stated that Langford stood silently in the corner of the room while watching other pledges change out of their sleeping garments.

The lawsuit also highlighted a disturbing incident involving one of the women as she changed her clothing. Unaware that Langford had returned to the house, she faced away from the women and removed her shirt. The woman, who was not wearing a bra, turned to discover Langford staring at her after she had put on a clean shirt.

Some of the KKG members would later tell the woman that Langford had appeared sexually aroused during this incident.
It was claimed that Langford stood with “his hands over his genitals,” and has since repeatedly questioned the woman about her “romantic attachments.”

Langford was also said to have sat in the back of a sorority yoga class for an hour in December 2022 “and watched the assembled young women flex their bodies.”

I like that this guy is asking the women about breast reduction, implying that he has breasts that need to be reduced.

:expert
Spud

Polident Hive

« Reply #46290 on: April 01, 2023, 06:30:07 PM »
Really, ignoring the trans side of the article, somebody who didn’t live in the house popping up to silently stare at residents is weird as fuck.

BIONIC

« Reply #46291 on: April 01, 2023, 08:07:29 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ashley-graham-seems-to-have-developed-quite-the-fanart-following.703081/page-7#post-103512485

DanarchyReigns somehow gets away with openly posting a picture of mouse Ashley removing her mouse panties on resetera dot com

Quote from: Quacktion, post: 103516892, member: 17083
This is awesome and wholesome
Margs

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #46292 on: April 01, 2023, 08:30:21 PM »
:wut
🤴

Averon

« Reply #46293 on: April 01, 2023, 09:16:51 PM »

Wait. Weren't these people just a few weeks ago arguing for a rapist of multiple women to be put into a women's prison?  :confused

The right of women prisoners being safe from a rapist of women was a distant secondary concern to them, if I remember correctly.

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #46294 on: April 01, 2023, 09:27:59 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/jennifer-aniston-says-comedy-has-changed-some-today-find-%E2%80%98friends%E2%80%99-offensive-%E2%80%9Ci-don%E2%80%99t-think-there-was-a-sensitivity-like-there-is-now%E2%80%9D.704021/#post-103521563

:cop User Banned (Permanent): Dismissiveness towards concerns of representation, inflammatory comparison, long history of infractions
Quote from: Betty
Quote from: bushmonkey
Some things have aged badly but it’s still one of the least offensive shows ever, come on now.
It sure is but people are very sensitive these days, the things that upset them in the show, (among others) are

- the lesbians couple being depicted as less than perfect beings, especially Susan
- the guys over reacting negatively to accusations of being gay
- jokes about Chandlers father who was a drag queen
- jokes about Gunther possibly being gay
- Joey's attitude towards women
- lots of fat shaming especially towards Monica when she was younger
- Chandlers boss and his habit of slapping employees on the ass
- and of course the most greivous thing of all: that the cast is majoratively white... despite the fact there were shows with majoratively black casts like Fresh Prince and Cosbys and I doubt anyone's going to be calling them out anytime soon

A lot of the same issues are in How I Met Your Mother too, including the mostly white cast... but due to how badly that show ended no one really cares.
OBE

benjipwns

« Reply #46295 on: April 01, 2023, 09:29:34 PM »
Wait. Weren't these people just a few weeks ago arguing for a rapist of multiple women to be put into a women's prison?  :confused

The right of women prisoners being safe from a rapist of women was a distant secondary concern to them, if I remember correctly.
TERFs don't have rights, they chose to opt out of society, fascist.

benjipwns

« Reply #46296 on: April 01, 2023, 10:02:17 PM »
Over 50% of the poll saying no when Friends wore homophobia and transphobia on its sleeve is... rather sad.
I mean yeah some of that is definitely problematic and I can see why people would be offended by it?

Also cannot believe you did a reverse racism with "black shows exist too". That is some where is my White Entertainment Television level of BS....
Quote from: incelsiorlef
Needed a poll option of Shut the Fuck Up Jennifer
I was watching the Lord of the Rings movies and quickly noticed how there were no people of color anywhere despite the 100s of actors. Like do people not get that? POCs were only hired for specific character roles and usually as a token character or on Black centered tv shows in that time?

Maybe I am just spoiled because the modern media I consume is pretty diverse because when I watch older media these days how White it is is blaring to me and I am White.

And yes Friends had the same damn problem and no at the time it aired I did not notice.
Yeah Nazis, Republicans and conservatives hate when you make fun on bigots these days.
Whenever someone like Aniston makes such a foolish and ignorant comment I just want to ask them if they've seen It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. That show single handedly dismantles that silly belief you can't be offensive or comedy has gotten too safe. Anyone making that comment just sounds ignorant or like they want to do something actually bigoted but know they'll get shit for it, deservedly so.
I've said it before regarding the lack of diversity in Friends and I'll say it again: Living Single was the far superior show with the same concept, same location, lots of diversity, and it still bothers me that their cast never got the worldwide recognition that the Friends cast did (aside from maybe Queen Latifah).
She made millions stealing from Black people (Living Single), this quote is on brand.
Yup. Gotta reconcile what you think is your legacy in your head somehow; “An edgy comedy that wouldn’t work in the woke world” vs “Copy/Pasted a Black show and proceeded to make it as hack and white as possible”
Out of touch white woman makes out of touch statements lol
People want to focus on and defend the majority white cast critiques so they’re glossing over/“forgetting” about the homophobia, transphobia and fat shaming.
I hadn't ever really seen much of Friends before but my gf really loves it and was re-watching it on Netflix so I thought I'd watch it with her. I was surprised by the amount of gags and slights against homosexuals.

Because I watched Friends with her, I thought we could watch a show together from my childhood. So we watched Malcolm in the Middle, which was kind of worse because it literally threw some nasty derogatory terms around and this was a kids/family show. I was REALLY taken aback.

It's both amazing and horrifying how noticeable it is now. We were just drinking that shit into our brains in those years.
There's five more pages of this. :girlaff

BrokenVerses

« Reply #46297 on: April 01, 2023, 10:26:56 PM »

Well this person definitely is trying to hit all the notes for matching up the worst stereotypes and accusations about MtF and "transbians."

Regardless of gender identity, why couldn't they just have been removed for misconduct or not being a good fit (like they do everyone else that isn't a good fit for Greek Life)?

Like I was in the post-DADT US military where out gay and lesbians would be in open showers or shared communal changing situations. It's not hard to have the self-control and social awareness to keep our eyes to ourselves.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #46298 on: April 01, 2023, 10:40:50 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/jennifer-aniston-says-comedy-has-changed-some-today-find-%E2%80%98friends%E2%80%99-offensive-%E2%80%9Ci-don%E2%80%99t-think-there-was-a-sensitivity-like-there-is-now%E2%80%9D.704021/#post-103521563

:cop User Banned (Permanent): Dismissiveness towards concerns of representation, inflammatory comparison, long history of infractions
Quote from: Betty
Quote from: bushmonkey
Some things have aged badly but it’s still one of the least offensive shows ever, come on now.
It sure is but people are very sensitive these days, the things that upset them in the show, (among others) are

- the lesbians couple being depicted as less than perfect beings, especially Susan
- the guys over reacting negatively to accusations of being gay
- jokes about Chandlers father who was a drag queen
- jokes about Gunther possibly being gay
- Joey's attitude towards women
- lots of fat shaming especially towards Monica when she was younger
- Chandlers boss and his habit of slapping employees on the ass
- and of course the most greivous thing of all: that the cast is majoratively white... despite the fact there were shows with majoratively black casts like Fresh Prince and Cosbys and I doubt anyone's going to be calling them out anytime soon

A lot of the same issues are in How I Met Your Mother too, including the mostly white cast... but due to how badly that show ended no one really cares.

Surely the username is now considered a transphobic joke anyway

benjipwns

« Reply #46299 on: April 01, 2023, 11:02:37 PM »
Regardless of gender identity, why couldn't they just have been removed for misconduct or not being a good fit (like they do everyone else that isn't a good fit for Greek Life)?
The story says the lawsuit is being leveled against the sorority for violating sorority policies and manipulating the processes so leadership can force this on the chapter over opposition:
The seven anonymous women, all of whom who are either current or previous members of the UW sorority chapter, filed the lawsuit on March 27 against the sorority and its council president, Mary Pat Rooney.

Langford’s membership was made possible by language within a recent guidance issued by sorority leaders on inclusivity. The national KKG Guide For Supporting Our LGBTQIA+ Members (2021) states that “Kappa Kappa Gamma is a single-gender organization comprised of women and individuals who identify as women whose governing documents do not discriminate in membership selection except by requiring good scholarship and ethical character.”

Although Langford required a majority vote to gain admission to KKG, not all of the women were pleased with the decision. Last year, one sorority member came forward to state that the women were initially promised anonymity in regards to the voting process, only to then be required to identify themselves on the online ballot form. This resulted in women feeling “intimidated” with voicing their concerns about a male entering the sorority.

In a meeting held to discuss Langford’s potential candidacy, KGG chapter leaders, including the president and membership chair, allegedly dismissed the concerns of women who expressed discomfort.

“Regardless of what your political views are, our Kappa values are acceptance and kindness so if that is something that you disagree with, that’s not in line with Kappa values,” one member allegedly said at the time, according to the unnamed KKG member.

Another member allegedly said “If you vote no, it better be for issues with that new member or else it’s homophobic.” The source told the National Review that comments made by KKG leaders downplayed worries women had about sharing a residence with Langford: “If your only concerns are about her living in the house, you are thinking too far down the road,” it was allegedly said, and, “If you have something to say about this that isn’t kind or respectful, keep it to yourself.”

The source further stated that women who opposed Langford’s admission into the sorority were told they could “drop out” following objections made by ten women, who, as new pledges, were among a group of women who had spent the night together with Langford as part of the sorority’s initiation process.

Additionally, the University of Wyoming KKG members were assured that Langford would require a unananimous vote to secure a place within the organization. “We also don’t know if he had enough votes because they haven’t told us that,” the source said.

When speaking to The Branding Iron in October after his admission into the sorority, Langford violated a policy prohibiting members from speaking as representatives of the KKG to the press. However, in a group chat with other KKG members, the chapter president admitted that while Langford had been exempted from this rule, none of the women involved with the organization would be similarly permitted to be interviewed by the media.

“They’re letting him run with whatever he wants in the newspaper but we’re subject to national guidelines. The rules don’t apply to him,” the anonymous woman told the National Review last year.

Langford has been involved in various aspects of political organizing. Currently, he acts as a legislative intern for the Wyoming Democrats, as acknowledged through social media posts made by the organization. Yesterday, the Wyoming Democrats announced Langford as a “state committeewoman” in Albany County.

The University seems also supportive but they obviously can't sue it:
Last December, the University of Wyoming suspended a Laramie church elder’s ability to reserve table space in its student union for a year after he displayed a sign calling Langford a “male.” Todd Schmidt had rented a table in the Wyoming Union, where he posted the sign.

The University deemed the stunt to be harassment, and UW President Ed Seidel sent out a campus-wide e-mail addressing the incident. “Recent events on campus should cause us all trepidation for the well-being and safety of our students and employees,” Seidel wrote.

Seidel added that he and other UW officials had attended a “moving and heartfelt vigil” where members of the university’s Queer Community Coalition “expressed their concerns and fears for their safety.”

“I emphasize that UW stands with each and every student and all identities who are dealing with safety concerns within our community,” Seidel wrote in the e-mail.

Also, I can't believe Uncle didn't post the picture with this amazing banner:

BIONIC

« Reply #46300 on: April 01, 2023, 11:06:22 PM »
Wow. The bore’s word filter is super advanced. It even works on pictures.
Margs

BIONIC

« Reply #46301 on: April 01, 2023, 11:07:00 PM »
Wow. The bore’s word filter is super advanced. It even works on pictures.

This is the post that will prevent from holding office.
Margs

Averon

« Reply #46302 on: April 01, 2023, 11:09:09 PM »
If that sorority story is reported on ERA, will they be dumb enough to blindly support the obvious creeper gaming the system like they did that Canadian teacher with the huge, fake tits?

benjipwns

« Reply #46303 on: April 01, 2023, 11:15:26 PM »
If that sorority story is reported on ERA, will they be dumb enough to blindly support the obvious creeper gaming the system like they did that Canadian teacher with the huge, fake tits?
Yeah, Langford is clearly another right-winger working with the fascist media to try and harm real trans people.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #46304 on: April 01, 2023, 11:15:43 PM »

it won't be reported on era because it's only being reported on evil bad faith transphobic conservative rags
Uncle

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #46305 on: April 01, 2023, 11:31:27 PM »

it won't be reported on era because it's only being reported on evil bad faith transphobic conservative rags

Which really sucks. I'd like reporting on this from outlets I consider reputable but those outlets would likely be accused of being transphobic for simply running the story, so they don't.

Polident Hive

« Reply #46306 on: April 01, 2023, 11:42:08 PM »
You know what show didn’t age poorly? Bosom Buddies.

BrokenVerses

« Reply #46307 on: April 01, 2023, 11:59:12 PM »

Tweet it at Joanne and hope for a retweet. That will get on ERA.

benjipwns

« Reply #46308 on: April 02, 2023, 12:09:22 AM »
You know what show didn’t age poorly? Bosom Buddies.
Actually, what's the oldest sitcom that holds up? First one that comes to my mind is Yes, Minister but I know there's got to be something older that I'm forgetting. I'm ruling out like The Three Stooges because those were movie shorts before they were repackaged as sitcoms for TV, also, HIGHLY PROBLEMATIC content in those.

Oh, shit, just looked at Emmy nominee list, how could I forget Get Smart? I'd throw in Mary Tyler Moore but I'm sure there's something problematic about it, especially since she was a libertarian Republican. I Love Lucy absolutely has to be problematic.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #46309 on: April 02, 2023, 12:14:06 AM »
sigh

BIONIC

« Reply #46310 on: April 02, 2023, 12:16:10 AM »
Quote from: Jessi77, post: 103530137, member: 25606
Oh yeah wouldn't be surprising at all. And have you seen how DeSantis is now calling it "Free Florida" saying that becaue he banned gray people and diversity and gutted education somehow Florida is the the most free state? It's like get teh fuck out of here.
Margs

benjipwns

« Reply #46311 on: April 02, 2023, 12:17:20 AM »
Quote from: Jessi77, post: 103530137, member: 25606
Oh yeah wouldn't be surprising at all. And have you seen how DeSantis is now calling it "Free Florida" saying that becaue he banned gray people and diversity and gutted education somehow Florida is the the most free state? It's like get teh fuck out of here.

Not what "illegal aliens" means, Jessi.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #46312 on: April 02, 2023, 12:59:06 AM »
the Russo brothers absolutely felted
Uncle

BrokenVerses

« Reply #46313 on: April 02, 2023, 01:33:02 AM »
Yeah, Langford is clearly another right-winger working with the fascist media to try and harm real trans people.

That will come later, after Langford is caught red-handed doing something like waving their semi-flaccid penis at a sorority girl.

Before that will be an outpouring of vitriol about TERFs, white women, lived-experiences, stop killing us, just want to live our lives, etc.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2023, 01:42:47 AM by BrokenVerses »

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #46314 on: April 02, 2023, 01:47:42 AM »

Well this person definitely is trying to hit all the notes for matching up the worst stereotypes and accusations about MtF and "transbians."

Like I was in the post-DADT US military where out gay and lesbians would be in open showers or shared communal changing situations. It's not hard to have the self-control and social awareness to keep our eyes to ourselves.

I'm pretty sure it's not difficult, even for gay guys, to not get aroused in communal showers. It's just the sick fuck sexual predators with mental health problems that seem to get off on this shit that have trouble with it
Spud

Snoopycat_

« Reply #46315 on: April 02, 2023, 06:11:31 AM »

Welp, I guess it's time to buy a skirt and move to Wyoming

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #46316 on: April 02, 2023, 06:37:17 AM »
Reee's resident discount Fox Mulder still doesn't understand how reflections work.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/spheres-triangles-blimps-and-batman-ufo-uap-controversy.407757/page-37#post-103241479

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #46317 on: April 02, 2023, 06:38:29 AM »

I'm pretty sure it's not difficult, even for gay guys, to not get aroused in communal showers. It's just the sick fuck sexual predators with mental health problems that seem to get off on this shit that have trouble with it
They get off on Ashley the mouse dropping her panties (and Ashley is probably trans in their heads).

But this type of hate just adds more fuel to the epidemic of violence against trans people that has been declared by the White House.
The cis transphobe womb carriers should just sit down, listen and spread their legs so Langford can get a good look at their tits and pussy. 
🤴

BIONIC

« Reply #46318 on: April 02, 2023, 07:14:46 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/should-a-fighting-game-have-a-dating-sim-mode.704174/

Quote from: TheEchosOfTheCyborg, post: 103536479, member: 40323
Since its still April Fools Day, I want to discuss something I've thought about a few times.

And before I start, please please PLEASE don't make this thread a boys club zone or creepy.

I know it sounds crazy but honestly, while it's not something I would necessarily interested in (mostly because I don't like how most games handle romance, always feels gamey, playersexual and and way too often goes into "sex as reward" and "sex fixes everything!" territory), I think if Street Fighter 6, MK12, Tekken 8 or someone other fighting game was announced to be including/adding a dating sim mode to their game, many fans would rejoice, even if they wouldn't admit it.

One of the main appeal of fighting games is the characters themselves and many fighting game fans see them more than just functions and love seem them interacting, having their own stories, seeing their personalities being showing off etc. It's why so many people love Arcade intros and endings, story modes or even match intros like MKX and 11's ones. Plus, lets face it, we all have our crushes on fictional characters and it's fun to role play in a healthy way.

Of course, their are issues with the idea that could come happen like including romance options that are teenagers, creepy writing, lack of LGBTQ+ options (and no I don't think the "NO GAYS! Only Player sexual" is the best option) which speaking of:

But Capcom, reveal Ken as Bi, Cammy Gay, Juni Gay, Sean Bi, Zangief Gay, Elena Pan, Karin Gay, Ryu as Ace, Abel (Cammy's clone brother) as Gay and let Juri be open about bisexuality and bring back Eagle.

Make it happen!

Fighting games don't need to be MORE objectifying to women.

But what do you all think?

:wut  :engel :foxx
Margs

Snoopycat_

« Reply #46319 on: April 02, 2023, 07:15:11 AM »
No bullshit, I was in Belgium around that time - say ‘92 - visiting family and I saw something like that in the night sky. Odd triangular light config, not too fast and silent