Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 2201554 times)

Boredfrom

Re: Other Forums Containment Thread
« Reply #46440 on: April 03, 2023, 10:27:28 PM »
Been begging them to do this with the Jurassic Park novels for years, and they go with transphobic wizards?

???

« Reply #46441 on: April 03, 2023, 10:30:25 PM »
The anti-JK thread:
Quote from: Spectromixer
Bloomberg is reporting Harry Potter is being rebooted as a tv series

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-04-03/warner-bros-nears-deal-for-a-new-harry-potter-television-series
Quote from: Kyuuji
I'm trying to understand why your only contribution to the thread is posting about how the IP is getting a new TV series, and how you figured that made sense.
Quote from: Spectromixer
I'm sorry. I thought discussion on Rowling was limited to this thread, but I see someone else made a thread about the news anyways.

But then over in the thread created about the deal:
Why are we having threads about this IP again?

Rowling literally spearheads this movement.
https://www.lemkininstitute.com/statements-new-page/statement-on-the-genocidal-nature-of-the-gender-critical-movement%E2%80%99s-ideology-and-practice

If this show happens it's going to be an incredibly long decade for the moderation team.

Boredfrom

« Reply #46442 on: April 03, 2023, 10:33:57 PM »
Is funny how every single user of RE have gone to the Harry Potter tv show thread to shit on it but they avoid other trans threads as the plague.  :thinking

Like, they are shallow assholes that don’t even know what the fuck Rowling did and just shit on her because the hate train at social media.  :thinking

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #46443 on: April 03, 2023, 10:38:45 PM »
But then over in the thread created about the deal:
Why are we having threads about this IP again?

Rowling literally spearheads this movement.
https://www.lemkininstitute.com/statements-new-page/statement-on-the-genocidal-nature-of-the-gender-critical-movement%E2%80%99s-ideology-and-practice
Because they only banned threads and posts about the game? ???

Boredfrom

« Reply #46444 on: April 03, 2023, 10:41:34 PM »
Marvel and Star Wars fanboys talking about creative bankruptcy of Warner/HBO because social media told them to hate Harry Potter.  :neogaf

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #46446 on: April 03, 2023, 10:46:09 PM »
Is funny how every single user of RE have gone to the Harry Potter tv show thread to shit on it but they avoid other trans threads as the plague.  :thinking

Like, they are shallow assholes that don’t even know what the fuck Rowling did and just shit on her because the hate train at social media.  :thinking

Yeah fuck that. I didn't even finish reading the books or watch all the films so this is clearly not for me to begin with but no way I'm a sitting down and watching this show if Rowling is involved.

"I never cared for this series but now I extra dont care"

benjipwns

« Reply #46447 on: April 03, 2023, 10:48:31 PM »
Marvel and Star Wars fanboys talking about creative bankruptcy of Warner/HBO because social media told them to hate Harry Potter.  :neogaf
If your precious alt-right cultist David Zaslav's so smart why isn't he creating new IPs rather than going back to his well of DC Comics, Harry Potter and other billion dollar franchises Warner has failed to monetize under the prior regimes? :snob

Polident Hive

« Reply #46448 on: April 03, 2023, 10:49:49 PM »
It’s gonna get stupider when the cast is announced. Let’s be honest here, we know what the cast will look like. Gearing up for a total shit show of cognitive dissonance from all directions. Like the biological adults who get angry about The Little Mermaid will make an exception to defend diversity. Stories about child actors deleting social media after racist rhetoric will leave out whom is leaving those comments. Having a seven year commitment at that.

Boredfrom

« Reply #46449 on: April 03, 2023, 10:52:54 PM »
People bitching about The Little Mermaid live action because diversity are idiots... they should bitch about it because the abysmal track record of Disney's live actions films.

Greatness Gone

« Reply #46450 on: April 03, 2023, 10:54:58 PM »
It’s gonna get stupider when the cast is announced. Let’s be honest here, we know what the cast will look like. Gearing up for a total shit show of cognitive dissonance from all directions. Like the biological adults who get angry about The Little Mermaid will make an exception to defend diversity. Stories about child actors deleting social media after racist rhetoric will leave out whom is leaving those comments. Having a seven year commitment at that.
Just realized a Black Dumbledore would be kind of based :ohhh

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #46451 on: April 03, 2023, 11:01:54 PM »
the entire cast will be latino, except for hermione, who is black
Uncle

Boredfrom

« Reply #46452 on: April 03, 2023, 11:06:04 PM »
the entire cast will be latino, except for hermione, who is black

Enrique Maceta y la piedra filosofal.

Averon

« Reply #46453 on: April 03, 2023, 11:09:34 PM »

Greatness Gone

« Reply #46454 on: April 03, 2023, 11:18:09 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/bloomberg-warner-bros-nears-deal-for-harry-potter-tv-show-reboot-for-hbo.704846/page-5#post-103643738

Kyuuji's posted the Joanne dossier again. Working overtime to get the thread locked :lol
It’s hilarious how the large majority of that is heavily editorialized. If you click on anything talking about what JK actually said, none of it matches up with Kyushu is saying.

benjipwns

« Reply #46455 on: April 03, 2023, 11:19:40 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/bloomberg-warner-bros-nears-deal-for-harry-potter-tv-show-reboot-for-hbo.704846/page-5#post-103643738

Kyuuji's posted the Joanne dossier again. Working overtime to get the thread locked :lol
This doesn't even encompass stuff from this year, like her openly regarding trans women as degenerate in language directly reminiscent of Nazis
Excellent, I've been hoping we'd eventually all be ready for a conversation about things that are directly reminiscent of Nazis. :kermit

Boredfrom

« Reply #46456 on: April 03, 2023, 11:23:57 PM »

It’s hilarious how the large majority of that is heavily editorialized. If you click on anything talking about what JK actually said, none of it matches up with Kyushu is saying.

And nobody will question it, because Kyuuji is the Queen of Transpeople at RE.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #46457 on: April 03, 2023, 11:28:06 PM »
you really have to applaud the hustle, the backroom deals, the strategic reporting, the perfectly-timed backstabs to rise to the position of queen trans on era
 :bow
Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #46458 on: April 03, 2023, 11:32:24 PM »

best part is seeing the screed and then the very next post just deflates it

One of the books (Prisoner of Azkaban) will guaranteed to be adapted worse because it won't have Alfonso Cuaron.

dude is so banned
Uncle

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #46459 on: April 03, 2023, 11:32:36 PM »
Margs

Boredfrom

« Reply #46460 on: April 03, 2023, 11:32:47 PM »
you really have to applaud the hustle, the backroom deals, the strategic reporting, the perfectly-timed backstabs to rise to the position of queen trans on era
 :bow

Being fair, it helped that most of the forum are idiots addicted to social media. She should have been banned when she played the Cyberpunk 2077 game to discover “its faults” and mocked to death when she revealed her DinoLegs obsession in her youth ( I intentionally hurt myself for years trying to walk as a dinosaur, trust me about Trans issues).

benjipwns

« Reply #46461 on: April 03, 2023, 11:37:26 PM »
She should have been banned when she played the Cyberpunk 2077 game to discover “its faults”
Nah, the whole group should have been banned for that whole thing where they all openly and publicly tried to blackmail the staff including by revealing PMs into banning Cyberpunk2077 over a delusional theory about a single piece of random art in the game.

Boredfrom

« Reply #46462 on: April 03, 2023, 11:44:06 PM »
Quote from: Lord_Vatek
This thread is making me realize that adding "Fuck JK Rowling" in front of a sentence and then proceeding to talk about how big this will be is basically the exact same thing as "Now I'm not a transphobe but..."

They are just telling you the reality of the situation. Harry Potter is still big and pretending it doesn’t is just being even more delusional than a Trumptard.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #46463 on: April 03, 2023, 11:47:04 PM »

:hesright

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #46464 on: April 03, 2023, 11:50:06 PM »
Jill Biden wants Women's Basketball champions LSU invited to the White House, along with Losing Team Iowa

:o

In a vacuum I have no problem with the idea of inviting both the winning and losing teams but, we're not in a vacuum here and it seems like there is enough context and situational factors that make this a bad idea. Honestly it seems like something that shouldn't have even been thought of if you had been paying attention at all.

Weak.

When misogyny (how dare this woman act cocky!)

And racism (how dare this BLACK woman act cocky!)

With a dash of coddling white fragility (well let’s just reward them all!)

Combine, we get the potent shit stew that is…

⭐️ Misogynoir ⭐️

Coming soon to stress a Black woman out near you.

Same, her handlers must be cringing so hard if she's serious about this

There’s no doubt in my mind that, whatever Jill Biden’s intentions were, they weren’t…this.

But what does bother me is that there are enough Black people (and minorities in general) in the Biden White House that what this signals to me is somebody’s not being listened to.

Because a Black person would have known, in their sleep, what a bad idea this comment is.

It’s always when the Black people win over the poor white, and dare not be demure about it.

How to tell Jill has a teacher mindset without her telling you. I'm guessing that was an off the cuff remark because I can't imagine she wouldn't immediately have people in her ear about how that looks

Yeah, all of this.

And, like, I’m not mad (tho I’m also not mad at any Black person who IS mad because come on…)

It’s just…this is giving me 2020 Primary/General flashbacks. Where, if you were paying attentions, you knew Biden’s fundamentals were strong. But gotDAMN was that campaign gaffe city. Just a tidal wave of unforced errors.

We got a big election around the bend, I need the Bidens to get their comms in order. Shape up! Especially when it comes to Black women, THE demographic they’re going to need to ride out.

:lol :lol :lol

Guess the Royalan posts.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/jill-biden-wants-womens-basketball-champions-lsu-invited-to-the-white-house-along-with-losing-team-iowa.704858/

benjipwns

« Reply #46465 on: April 03, 2023, 11:50:25 PM »
Quote from: Lord_Vatek
This thread is making me realize that adding "Fuck JK Rowling" in front of a sentence and then proceeding to talk about how big this will be is basically the exact same thing as "Now I'm not a transphobe but..."
Now, I'm not a transphobe but Hogwart's Legacy sold 12 million copies no matter what I said louder for those in the back.

benjipwns

« Reply #46466 on: April 03, 2023, 11:58:04 PM »
It’s always when the Black people win over the poor white, and dare not be demure about it.
Oh, wow, this was the first year a majority Black team won the NCAA women's basketball championship?

Does Raina Harmon know she's now an honorary cac? Hope she lets Jada and Hannah (and maybe Gabbie too) know they all have to vote for Trump now.

benjipwns

« Reply #46467 on: April 04, 2023, 12:02:14 AM »
Oh, wow, this was the first year a majority Black team won the NCAA women's basketball championship?

Does Raina Harmon know she's now an honorary cac? Hope she lets Jada and Hannah (and maybe Gabbie too) know they all have to vote for Trump now.
:bolo
I was watching the Lord of the Rings movies and quickly noticed how there were no people of color anywhere despite the 100s of actors. Like do people not get that? POCs were only hired for specific character roles and usually as a token character or on Black centered tv shows in that time?

Maybe I am just spoiled because the modern media I consume is pretty diverse because when I watch older media these days how White it is is blaring to me and I am White.

Averon

« Reply #46468 on: April 04, 2023, 12:06:53 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/jill-biden-wants-womens-basketball-champions-lsu-invited-to-the-white-house-along-with-losing-team-iowa.704858/#post-103640975
Quote from: RoyalFat
There’s no doubt in my mind that, whatever Jill Biden’s intentions were, they weren’t…this.

But what does bother me is that there are enough Black people (and minorities in general) in the Biden White House that what this signals to me is somebody’s not being listened to.

Because a Black person would have known, in their sleep, what a bad idea this comment is.

Why assume that? Why assume other black people in the White House share your racial paranoia and pettiness?

benjipwns

« Reply #46469 on: April 04, 2023, 12:45:41 AM »
I know y'all not seriously posting in here that the staff of ResetERA.com like Royalan and Nepenthe don't represent all Black people right now. Like y'all just showing y'all's asses. Y'all know we see you. :nothot

Averon

« Reply #46470 on: April 04, 2023, 01:11:32 AM »
Quote from: ClickyCal'
Quote from: Lord Vatek
The response to this is making me realize that adding "Fuck JK Rowling" in front of a sentence and then proceeding to talk about how big this will be is basically the exact same thing as "Now I'm not a transphobe but..."
It's code for "I'm a fake ally".

So a "good ally" is to just lie and not say "Fuck JK Rowling" ???

benjipwns

« Reply #46471 on: April 04, 2023, 01:43:00 AM »
Quote from: ClickyCal'
Quote from: Lord Vatek
The response to this is making me realize that adding "Fuck JK Rowling" in front of a sentence and then proceeding to talk about how big this will be is basically the exact same thing as "Now I'm not a transphobe but..."
It's code for "I'm a fake ally".

So a "good ally" is to just lie and not say "Fuck JK Rowling" ???
No, a good ally says FUCK THE TERF BITCH but then doesn't undermine this, and human rights, by introducing facts that threaten the narrative which then puts everyone's safety at risk.

FUME5

« Reply #46472 on: April 04, 2023, 02:05:12 AM »
Jill Biden wants Women's Basketball champions LSU invited to the White House, along with Losing Team Iowa

:o

In a vacuum I have no problem with the idea of inviting both the winning and losing teams but, we're not in a vacuum here and it seems like there is enough context and situational factors that make this a bad idea. Honestly it seems like something that shouldn't have even been thought of if you had been paying attention at all.

Weak.

When misogyny (how dare this woman act cocky!)

And racism (how dare this BLACK woman act cocky!)

With a dash of coddling white fragility (well let’s just reward them all!)

Combine, we get the potent shit stew that is…

⭐️ Misogynoir ⭐️

Coming soon to stress a Black woman out near you.

Same, her handlers must be cringing so hard if she's serious about this

How to tell Jill has a teacher mindset without her telling you. I'm guessing that was an off the cuff remark because I can't imagine she wouldn't immediately have people in her ear about how that looks

Yeah, all of this.

And, like, I’m not mad (tho I’m also not mad at any Black person who IS mad because come on…)

It’s just…this is giving me 2020 Primary/General flashbacks. Where, if you were paying attentions, you knew Biden’s fundamentals were strong. But gotDAMN was that campaign gaffe city. Just a tidal wave of unforced errors.

We got a big election around the bend, I need the Bidens to get their comms in order. Shape up! Especially when it comes to Black women, THE demographic they’re going to need to ride out.

:lol :lol :lol

Guess the Royalan posts.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/jill-biden-wants-womens-basketball-champions-lsu-invited-to-the-white-house-along-with-losing-team-iowa.704858/

Gimme a challenge next time.

NekoFever

« Reply #46473 on: April 04, 2023, 02:08:02 AM »

Listen to the Witch Trials of JK Rowling podcast, particularly the episode about her first tweets, and she basically says they’ve been making shit up about what she’s said and believes ever since it was two tweets.

NekoFever

« Reply #46474 on: April 04, 2023, 02:27:26 AM »
There’s a much bigger audience that will absolutely watch this then many here seem to think, regardless of JKR’s involvement. Hogwarts Legacy sold over 12 millions within just a few weeks, who knows how much it has sold now.

So yeah, the show is going to rake in the numbers.

:shaking :banplz

I can’t imagine why Era would have a skewed perspective on the popularity of the Harry Potter franchise.

benjipwns

« Reply #46475 on: April 04, 2023, 02:40:55 AM »
I know it’s subjective but I’m shocked at the surprisingly number of people in this thread who don’t seem to have Harry Potter tainted by rowlings bigotry. I grew up with those books as well, but she has permanently ruined any affection I might have for them with what’s she’s done to trans people, and continues to do.
Yeah agreed. I was admittedly already having a falling out with the series by the time Rowling showed her true colors (and then i realized how shit the series was lol), but her horrible actions especially with how active genocide is being planned/occurring against trans people has forever tainted anything in that series for me.

even the name Harry Potter pisses me off at this point , and I know I‘m not the only only after hearing heart breaking stories from trans people who were major potter heads back in the day.

the fact that anyone can gush about a series so tainted and honestly terrible is disgusting.
Quote from: lokiduck
Can we please stop talking about how successful the game and thus the show will be?

Yes most people know that.

obviously there are people that don’t, but for the majority of us we know very well how successful the series still is and we frankly do not need a reminder every page.
:delicious

benjipwns

« Reply #46476 on: April 04, 2023, 02:42:38 AM »
Here's a proper ally:
Quote from: Pai Pai Master
who the fuck wants this

aside from David Zaslav, a rich piece of shit TERF and her fans
Quote from: Pai Pai Master
Can't they at least wait for JK to die?
Then I hope they start preproduction ASAP

TacoWallace

« Reply #46477 on: April 04, 2023, 02:53:41 AM »
she didn't have an iconic voice but she pulled off generic sultry and the new one just doesn't

I liked Ada's voice in Resident Evil 2 Remake the best, I think that was already a different person shame she couldn't be cast for this remake too.

Capcom doesn't want to pay for union actors.

These games sell 5+ million copies, yet the company cuts corners however they can. Sometimes they do their best impression of EA by charging people for cheat codes.

Won't stop that forum from worshipping them regardless. Not until bonus Cammy outfits for SF6 start dropping...
finally beat RE4R last night and I will absolutely continue to worship and suck Capcock if they keep pumping out games like this. :trumps

Greatness Gone indeed. It's a fantastic game, but it could've been perfect with a little more time in the oven. I miss that dumb centipede monster thing they cut from the original.

Instead we have to wait and pay extra for more harassment-worthy voice acting in Ada's DLC.

Boredfrom

« Reply #46478 on: April 04, 2023, 03:02:09 AM »
Can we please stop talking about how successful the game and thus the show will be?

Yes most people know that.

obviously there are people that don’t,
but for the majority of us we know very well how successful the series still is and we frankly do not need a reminder every page.

You are such a piece of shit.  :lol

Hope your boss kick you ass next time you bitch about his kid birthday party.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #46479 on: April 04, 2023, 03:04:52 AM »
 :success

benjipwns

« Reply #46480 on: April 04, 2023, 03:19:35 AM »
[Rowling] will be involved in the series to ensure it remains loyal to her original material but will not run the show day to day or serve as its primary creator, the people said.
Imagining the poor PR person crying as they were coming up with this statement. You can't adapt a book without involving the original author because then everyone gets mad, but in this case involving the original author ALSO makes people angry at you. "Uhhhhhhhh Rowling will be here, but like just a little bit??"
Yeah, the 57 year old billionaire author who has never done anything else was totally going to be the showrunner, crack the scripts and pop in on the sets each day but because she's so failed they're having to spin this. :doge

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #46481 on: April 04, 2023, 03:29:40 AM »
I've never read the books and most likely never will. I watched all the movies, but don't care enough about them to ever watch through again.

looking forward to the show. hopefully they can adapt them for an older audience since most harry potter fans are old enough to get into bars now  :lucille

benjipwns

« Reply #46483 on: April 04, 2023, 03:44:31 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-could-write-a-funny-title-but-really-this-is-about-a-room-full-of-old-white-men-being-mad-at-a-unapologitically-black-woman-not-being-humble.704861/
 :derp
Quote from: Slayven
There are fifty million articles about LSU Angel Reese making a geature to a rivial. The geature? John Cena's "You can't see me" move

And the "unapologitically black woman" appropriated the taunt from the white player (who appropriated it from a white wrestler so it was still in the family) in the first place? Yikes.

benjipwns

« Reply #46484 on: April 04, 2023, 03:50:21 AM »
On one hand it's silly, but on the other it's fucking depressing just how racist America is. It would be one thing if it was the usual online trolls, nazis, gamergaters, etc but a trailer load of liberals talking heads, sports journalists etc who would think themselves as unbiased went straight Tucker White Power Hour. Off a fucking cheesy Wrestling hand gesture.
Of course, of fucking course a white woman did it earlier and she was complimented for it.

So fucking sick of white people's need for Model Minorities. Bunch of bullshit.
America continues to be a racist pos place. News at 11. "Talk yo shit champ!" Is the only energy I have.
Its good he's speaking out in her defense but is all the "little girl" shit necessary?
Quote from: Royalan
It’s racism, Bob.
Quote from: Jessi77
Yeah saw this earlier, super gross and super racist.

As for what the girls did, I don't know as long as it's not a bigoted I not only don't mind but like trash talk and showboating, especially in the pro' leagues And it always makes me laugh when people start talking about classless and all that bullshit even beyond the amount of times it has a racist tinge, these people put their bodies on the line in pure competition with no point other than beat the other team for the amusement and entertainment of others, so the pearl clutching always strikes me as quite disingenuous.
Something out of nothing, reinforcing white power

Lots of assholes out there
She should have been hit with a tech.

College basketball was supposed to be clamping down on the taunting this year. You stare someone down, you get teed up.

Just another way the refs have failed to do as instructed.
While they are supposed to...

I think you might want to read the room before trying to make that argument.

This isn't really about the taunting.
Quote from: Royalan
Dont tell these sports casters the shit larry bird was up to back in the day.

They know.

Larry Bird is a man. A white man at that, and that makes all the distance.

This outrage is similar to the outrage Serena WIlliams got throughout her career for being “aggressive” and “arrogant” in the same sport where John McEnroe not only existed, but was lauded in his time by the fans for those same traits.
Knew someone would try that as an excuse. This whole episode is a clear case of "uppity Blacks" bigotry seeping out from all over.

The entire basis for this thread seems to be because of some tweets? (Slayven linked to absolutely nothing) Namely by Keith Olbermann (only example someone else posted in the thread) who has been insane for years?

But somebody strangely doesn't have the dossiers about the man:
Quote from: Messofanego
Is this Keith Olbermann's first racism?

SmokyDave

« Reply #46485 on: April 04, 2023, 04:09:52 AM »
"If I just shelve the fact the author is doing her best to push a campaign of genocide against trans people so I can discuss her work" is a wild take that I guess some have to be emotionally attached to in order to appreciate.

Doesn’t seem all that different from spitting on the indigenous by discussing Avatar.

Ah well, I’m sure B Dubs will arrive any moment to clarify that whining about banning things is not allowed. Any moment. It’s a good job that ‘Harry Potter’ is not a false equivalence to ‘trans lives’ or there’d be some real work to do.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2023, 04:59:14 AM by SmokyDave »

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #46486 on: April 04, 2023, 04:19:41 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)
Ket Kat :salute
https://www.resetera.com/threads/if-you-dont-want-trans-people-to-die.702811/page-5#post-103501241
Oh it's absolutely already happening here.
We're seeing the rise of politicians like Poilievre, and his cronies, and the language they use and what they have and do promote.

We're seeing drag queen story time get protestors outside of libraries where performers feel threatened and unsafe to do this thing they've been doing for YEARS with no incident. Adults with no children sitting in and shouting bible verses at them while they're trying to read books to kids. Less and less venues are comfortable with hosting drag shows, it's becoming harder and harder to find places for them to perform, hell the only queer bar in my city was bought by a straight man and is now a nightclub that caters to the lgbtq community sometimes, they've removed their status as a queer bar, and now refused to do an all ages show for 17+ year old queer teens that are going into university.

We need people out there counter protesting these events, brining their kids so there is no room for these weird-ass conservatives to sit front row and shout bible verses over the queens. Spring is here and it's time to see all the shit that came with the winter melt, and that includes less queer spaces and weird conservative ideals, time to clean it up.
Signed the petition.

I don't know how we're going to clean it up when the (possibility vast) majority of the population here at home disagrees with our values and ideals. They're generally not as combative and as openly conservative as their American counterparts, but they'll vote Poilievre and his conservatives in behind our backs if we don't do something fast. I'll be cleaning the house at the company I run after finding out people I personally hired and trusted to be progressive admitted to be planning to vote conservative in the next election. I am just waiting for the right time to maximize the impact of pulling the rug from under those bigots. We're at war now, and I will be acting accordingly.
:lol

benjipwns

« Reply #46487 on: April 04, 2023, 04:30:05 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2023-ot-1-kevins-no-good-very-bad-day.672442/page-104#post-103515977
Quote from: hachikoma
You do not know more about this than I do. You aren't a brilliant politics understander patiently explaining realpolitik to an unruly activist. You're making excuses for the enlightened centrist status quo team sports lens through which you've accustomed yourself to viewing modern American political struggle while families are being ripped apart right in front of you, suicidal children and the people who love them are being criminalized for seeking basic healthcare, and me and my community are being driven back into the closet by both state and vigilante violence.

Don't try to tell me I don't know anything about what the federal government could be doing for us, because I very, very much do. If you think we aren't worth the political capital to do those things, fine. Own that. But at least do us the courtesy of acknowledging that their inaction is a choice you support rather than some vaunted constraint of federalism.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/if-you-dont-want-trans-people-to-die.702811/post-103635155
Quote from: hachikoma
Here's a roundup of newly passed anti-LGBTQ legislation from the past week - worth noting that in ND a veto can be overridden by simple majority:

The Legislative Assembly can override the Governor’s veto by a two-thirds vote of the legislators in both houses.
Ah, well, close enough. :trumps

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #46488 on: April 04, 2023, 05:04:21 AM »
Spud

NekoFever

« Reply #46489 on: April 04, 2023, 06:24:35 AM »
Signed the petition.

I don't know how we're going to clean it up when the (possibility vast) majority of the population here at home disagrees with our values and ideals. They're generally not as combative and as openly conservative as their American counterparts, but they'll vote Poilievre and his conservatives in behind our backs if we don't do something fast. I'll be cleaning the house at the company I run after finding out people I personally hired and trusted to be progressive admitted to be planning to vote conservative in the next election. I am just waiting for the right time to maximize the impact of pulling the rug from under those bigots. We're at war now, and I will be acting accordingly.
:lol

I'm not sure firing people for the way they vote and admitting it will go particularly well for this person.

Snoopycat_

« Reply #46490 on: April 04, 2023, 06:37:28 AM »

It's obvious Kyuuji's fucking seething because they didn't get to make the thread.

Daffy Duck

« Reply #46491 on: April 04, 2023, 08:03:00 AM »

It's obvious Kyuuji's fucking seething because they didn't get to make the thread.

She’s probably working behind the scenes in the secret discords to get the OP taken down and replaced with some of her propaganda instead

I see Jessi is in there as well crying genocide and people wanting them dead lol, you seriously do yourself no favours acting like that.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2023, 08:08:00 AM by Daffy Duck »

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #46492 on: April 04, 2023, 08:13:42 AM »
It's bad enough people have to come in and say how excited they are for it, but I expect it, same as everytime there is a trans in sports thread someone comes in "asking questions" it sucks but it is inevitable. It's why there is a mega thread and frankly this thread shouldn't exist it's just trans people saying what's already in the megathread and then a bunch of people who can't read a fucking room.

But what's really pissing me off is the "success" posts. Not the people pointing it out to those saying it will fail with an "unfortunately, the main stream doesn't care, bla, bla, ....." no I'm talking about the ones coming in and without quoting or talking to that point are just coming in, acting like it's awesome and then going on about how successful it will be and the game was like it's a good thing. Feels like they are trying to rub our fucking noses in it and should be banned transphobic shits.

Again this thread shouldn't be here same as with the game, should all be contained to the one thread, which is pretty much all about how she is trying to have people like me killed. If your totally okay with that and want this to be successful I can only assume you agree (since if your on Era there is no way you don't know so no benefit of the doubt there) and want us dead too. This is why we say era doesn't truly support trans people it's the other side of the coin. Usually it's trans threads getting one or two pages and disappearing, this side of the coin is coming here and ignoring the attempted genocide of my people over a wizard book.

Seriously if era really cared all those doing that would be banned, but nope, engagement like the wizard books is more important than my life I guess. Just remember when they start rounding us up if you wouldn't give up this trash you're complicit, because the money made off you directly went to making it happen. Fact.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/bloomberg-warner-bros-nears-deal-for-harry-potter-tv-show-reboot-for-hbo.704846/post-103653326

Well said. This is 100% the only correct take. It's disheartening to see this happen time and time again.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2023, 08:20:27 AM by HaughtyFrank »

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #46493 on: April 04, 2023, 09:06:26 AM »

She’s probably working behind the scenes in the secret discords to get the OP taken down and replaced with some of her propaganda instead

I see Jessi is in there as well crying genocide and people wanting them dead lol, you seriously do yourself no favours acting like that.

Well, in that I can’t blame Jessi or Kaiju, I mean, it’s been working like gangbusters for them on that board so far. No sense changing your strategy of its working for you.

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #46494 on: April 04, 2023, 09:07:31 AM »
It's bad enough people have to come in and say how excited they are for it, but I expect it, same as everytime there is a trans in sports thread someone comes in "asking questions" it sucks but it is inevitable. It's why there is a mega thread and frankly this thread shouldn't exist it's just trans people saying what's already in the megathread and then a bunch of people who can't read a fucking room.

But what's really pissing me off is the "success" posts. Not the people pointing it out to those saying it will fail with an "unfortunately, the main stream doesn't care, bla, bla, ....." no I'm talking about the ones coming in and without quoting or talking to that point are just coming in, acting like it's awesome and then going on about how successful it will be and the game was like it's a good thing. Feels like they are trying to rub our fucking noses in it and should be banned transphobic shits.

Again this thread shouldn't be here same as with the game, should all be contained to the one thread, which is pretty much all about how she is trying to have people like me killed. If your totally okay with that and want this to be successful I can only assume you agree (since if your on Era there is no way you don't know so no benefit of the doubt there) and want us dead too. This is why we say era doesn't truly support trans people it's the other side of the coin. Usually it's trans threads getting one or two pages and disappearing, this side of the coin is coming here and ignoring the attempted genocide of my people over a wizard book.

Seriously if era really cared all those doing that would be banned, but nope, engagement like the wizard books is more important than my life I guess. Just remember when they start rounding us up if you wouldn't give up this trash you're complicit, because the money made off you directly went to making it happen. Fact.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/bloomberg-warner-bros-nears-deal-for-harry-potter-tv-show-reboot-for-hbo.704846/post-103653326

Well said. This is 100% the only correct take. It's disheartening to see this happen time and time again.

Start rounding up?!? This crazy bitch forget we’re on genocide step 8? We already have ghettos and camps.it’s already happening isn’t it?

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #46495 on: April 04, 2023, 10:11:40 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-could-write-a-funny-title-but-really-this-is-about-a-room-full-of-old-white-men-being-mad-at-a-unapologitically-black-woman-not-being-humble.704861/
 :derp
Quote from: Slayven
There are fifty million articles about LSU Angel Reese making a geature to a rivial. The geature? John Cena's "You can't see me" move

And the "unapologitically black woman" appropriated the taunt from the white player (who appropriated it from a white wrestler so it was still in the family) in the first place? Yikes.

In college football (and presumably other college sports but who knows/cares), you can get ejected for making a Horns Down gesture at Texas and it doesn't even matter how white you are. It's bullshit.  :rage
©@©™

Propagandhim

« Reply #46496 on: April 04, 2023, 11:08:26 AM »

Start rounding up?!? This crazy bitch forget we’re on genocide step 8? We already have ghettos and camps.it’s already happening isn’t it?

Why is she even on Era then?  Do Jewish people hang out on neo-nazi forums?  If they want you dead, why don't you just leave? 

benjipwns

« Reply #46497 on: April 04, 2023, 11:21:00 AM »

NekoFever

« Reply #46498 on: April 04, 2023, 11:59:35 AM »
Jessi is fucking nuts. A responsible moderation team would be discreetly telling them to rein it in and get help, but that would be DISMISSING CONCERNS and only prove that Era is on the side of genocide.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #46499 on: April 04, 2023, 12:10:18 PM »
So Harry Potter isn't banned, only specifically Hogwarts Legacy (the game with some of the most trans representation and black hair options of the generation)? Or this just a honeypot that they're leaving open to find all the Nazis?
©@©™